Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama announced today a plan for economic aid to a number of Arab States

Washington - 19-5 (AP) - President Barack Obama at a press conference last night that he would announce today a plan for economic aid worth billions of dollars to encourage Arab states to establish a democracy based on the model Eastern Europe after the Cold War.

U.S. officials have said that this plan, which was dedicated mainly to Egypt and Tunisia will seek to encourage other countries in the Middle East and North Africa is witnessing a popular uprising since the beginning of this year to carry out democratic reforms.

Obama will provide this new initiative in a speech aimed at the adoption of a common strategy on the wave of demonstrations calling for democracy, which overthrew the six totalitarian regimes in the region during the past five months.

And would call Obama's plan to expand the work of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, who supported the former People's Democracies in Eastern Europe in the past twenty years aimed at stimulating the development of democracy in the Arab world.

Sixty nations gather and contribute to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Friday and Saturday in Kazakhstan to study the project of expanding its activities into North Africa.

The officials said Washington would also develop incentives for democracy in the Arab world, in agreement with the World Bank and International Monetary Fund and African Development Bank.

But one of the officials said, "It's about the beginning of a long-term effort, Egypt and Tunisia will be the first beneficiaries of this initiative," adding, "We hope that the processes followed by a democratic transition in the coming years."

He said senior advisers to Obama in an overview of his speech that the United States will offer debt relief totaling about one billion dollars over the next few years to Egypt, through the mechanism of the debt swap requires an investment of this money in order to increase employment opportunities for youth and support entrepreneurship.

They added that the U.S. government will also seek to promote trade in the region and support private sector investment.

The idea of ​​this strategy conflicting with those adopted by the administration of U.S. President George HW Bush in Iraq based on the imposition of democratic regimes through military intervention on the treatment of one of the reasons the demonstrations in the Arab world, a recession and the lack of prospects for a better future for young people.

As one official said "it seeks to improve economic management in countries that are not linked and integrated into the global economy restricts the capacity to economic growth."

http://www.sotaliraq.com/iraq-news.php?id=21102

• Upvote 1

And this is why I will not vote for him again...Look alive young man...we have Tremendous problems at home... and you better get off your duff,,,, and look around...we are not and can not be the solution to all the world's problems. If these people want democracy... it needs to be their idea..not ours. Got it???

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Obama you goon you just love our muslim brothers don't you? Focus on the problems in America not in the middle east. O thats right I forgot they have oil which is so much more important than putting U.S citizens back to work.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

The US hit the debt ceiling of over 14 trillion dollars and we may default on our debt, but we're giving away billions ? WTH !! Time to do away with our government. Throw them down the drain along with Maliki.

• Upvote 5

Let's see how this is supposed to play out.

The US is broke.

The US being broke has shaken the major world economies because they own a lot of the US export, Broke, symbol USD.

The mutual owners of the commodity Broke are banding together, with the US in the lead to assure emerging Democracies have sufficient quantity of Broke to be insure insolvency from their inception.

It is said that misery loves company. I wonder if these countries need enough misery that the clear out the Guest Room and invite the USD to come, stay awhile and trash their economy with the top US export; Broke.

• Upvote 3

As long as Obama is in office you will see large amounts of financial aid going to Muslim countries even when we are almost broke and can't afford to take care of things in our own country. We have floods, damage from all the tornadoes, fires in extreme southern states, and now some areas of the country starting to have land slides because of all the rain. We have lost 1,000's of acres of prime farm land to the floods which will create a gigantic rise in the price of food before the summer is over, not to mention the farmers who will be out of buisness because of this, leaving me to wonder when that farm land will become active again.

We have long term problems of our own in this country and a President who says that fewer immagrants are crossing the border now, yet they showed on the news this morning where two semi loads of illegals were caught coming across the border totaling 500 people in one wack. Either he is out to break our country financially or he doesn't have a friggin clue. I just hope everyone remembers all of this come election time. He will pull something to make himself look great to the country to get the votes, and if he wins again we will end up living under something similar to a communist regime with his sweetheart Nancy P. at his side. Just my humble opinion and a little P.O.'d.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think somehow people need to be reminded how Obama will get the funding for this plan? Ehmm.....let me think.... Do we have it in our budget? Eh no.

Do we have some dinars lying around? Eh yes. Are they worth anything? Eh no. Can we make them worth anything? Eh yes....

• Upvote 5

I think somehow people need to be reminded how Obama will get the funding for this plan? Ehmm.....let me think.... Do we have it in our budget? Eh no.

Do we have some dinars lying around? Eh yes. Are they worth anything? Eh no. Can we make them worth anything? Eh yes....

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.lol

And this is why I will not vote for him again...Look alive young man...we have Tremendous problems at home... and you better get off your duff,,,, and look around...we are not and can not be the solution to all the world's problems. If these people want democracy... it needs to be their idea..not ours. Got it???

Again? So YOU are to blame! Just kidding. Peace. Go RV!

I didn't vote for this guy from the start and I'm not voting for him this time either. We are trillions of dollars in debt insomuch that our nation is suffering. Our people here need jobs and money to feed themselves and their families. We cannot afford this or for his idiocy. Where in the world does he think we're going to get all this money to pay off the bills he keeps racking up for us tax payers? It will come to a point where the international bankers will quit lending money and then where is the U.S. going to get money? How can we cover debt with debt and leave it that way?

It's ludicrous.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

UP North, You are right there probably isn't a president that could fix this country in 4 years, but I bet there also isn't one that would of continued to destroy it in 4 years either the way Obama keeps doing. He is an idiot, and he just keeps raising our debt, anybody with any common sense would be trying to fix this not make it worse which is what he is doing.[/font]

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Do you ppl really believe that ANY pres could fix this countries problems in 4 years, it will take decades to climb out of the holes that were dug by the previous admins.

I agree that 4 years is not enough to turn the ship around, but by 2012 I believe the ship will have sunk. The problem is Washington is still digging the hole.... in fact I think they have

handed out more shovels. Of course said shovels are gold plated with custom fitted grips. I'm not pinning this on the current admin. It appears once you are part of the "Good ole boys club", all promises are off. Tonight "we" will announce that we are sending billions to the ME. That will help. Hey, it worked with Pakistan. At least they weren't harboring the worlds most wanted man. My blood pressure is rising, I better stop. Just my opinion though.

Go RV

• Upvote 1

They say the strong must help the weak. Maybe our govt needs to look in the mirror. We are becoming the weak by continually sending handouts to outsiders. We need to rebuild ourselves first, then we can lend the helping hand. Stop giving my social security check to some M.E. nations that hate us anyway. Sadly I admit I voted for the big O, but if there was a way i could rescind that vote I would do it in a minute. For )(*&^ sake Obama is making McCain look like a genius. Thanks for letting me vent, and lets keep the cash here.

Edited by cooked
  • Upvote 1