Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DV Frends in Alabama

learning all i can

I just wanted to tell you that my hopes and prayers are with all our DV folks is Alabama. I know there are many here from Alabama and would just like to hear from ya and know that each of you are ok.

I fear that some have been touched by the devastation of yesterdays tornado and offer my prayers to each of you, your families and your friends.. I would think all of us here would like to know that you're ok.

May our Lord hold you in His loving arms and protect each and everyone of you. If your burdens are heavy, please give them to Him as He will surely lighten your load and see you thru. God bless you and I pray that you all are well.

• Upvote 11

My small town just went through a devistation from a tornado here in south MS last week.. There was several lucky people who made it but lost everything and only a few lifes were lost.. Its sad to drive by and see the damage and the heartbroke people.. So i couldnt imagine being in the shoes of those in Alabama.. Our prayers are also with each and every person going through the devistation of the storm.. May god bless you all..

• Upvote 2

May God bless all affected in the path of these storms.

Stay strong Alabama your are our family.

My small town just went through a devistation from a tornado here in south MS last week.. There was several lucky people who made it but lost everything and only a few lifes were lost.. Its sad to drive by and see the damage and the heartbroke people.. So i couldnt imagine being in the shoes of those in Alabama.. Our prayers are also with each and every person going through the devistation of the storm.. May god bless you all..

May God bless your town also.

South MS, another family of ours. This is a rough year and we are just 4 months into it.

• Upvote 3

I just wanted to tell you that my hopes and prayers are with all our DV folks is Alabama. I know there are many here from Alabama and would just like to hear from ya and know that each of you are ok.

I fear that some have been touched by the devastation of yesterdays tornado and offer my prayers to each of you, your families and your friends.. I would think all of us here would like to know that you're ok.

May our Lord hold you in His loving arms and protect each and everyone of you. If your burdens are heavy, please give them to Him as He will surely lighten your load and see you thru. God bless you and I pray that you all are well.

Thanks for your kindness, my home is in north al and my daughter and her family are coming up today to stay with us for a few until power is restored. We had to pull up Huntsville al radar and give them reports all thru out the evening. Our home town was spared but 10 miles north and15 miles south was mass destruction and people killed. TVA lost big transmission line and power won't be restored until saturday or sunday at the earliest. Gas is being rationed even to police and emergency. Reports from my family said its like a war zone.

• Upvote 2

kThanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers. Was all around us here in Prattville but did not hit us like it did on the 15th. We had 3 fatalaties then. No damage this time. Our State has been devestated by this last group of storms. Over 130 killed just in Alabama. Millions of dollars of damage. Many of my friends were wiped out in North Alabama. Thanks again for all your thoughts....Wayne

• Upvote 1

Tornado hit us about 7am yesturday morning I really thought my family and I were gonna die, but the Lord was with us the tornado lifted up across are house and only threw trees around. One tree landed on our house , but the branches kept it from crushing the house . The tree covered half the house with no damage just a bent gutter. We spent all day yesturday cutting trees. My neighbors down the road weren't so lucky they all died and so did 28 of the cattle. The new Houses they built on the river were swept away completely and some of the houses were picked up and put into the River with the familys inside, they are pulling there bodies out of the river this morning. I am in aw of this never seen anything like it . I'm on my knees praying and thanking god for saving my family, and to take care of the rest out there. Hope all in DV that live in Alabama or Georgia are fine if you need any help get ahold of me .

Best of Wishes

Vizio

• Upvote 5

Last night was surreal... at this point it is about recovery. Fortunately the storms passed North & South of us... many thankful people indeed.

Mother Nature's ultimate impact has yet to be determined. Loss of life is tremendous, and loss of property for survivors is devastating.

For those that want to help, please donate... the Red Cross always need blood - and it will be in short supply.

May God bless my neighbors

• Upvote 1

Last night was surreal... at this point it is about recovery. Fortunately the storms passed North & South of us... many thankful people indeed.

Mother Nature's ultimate impact has yet to be determined. Loss of life is tremendous, and loss of property for survivors is devastating.

For those that want to help, please donate... the Red Cross always need blood - and it will be in short supply.

May God bless my neighbors

Thank you for letting us know how we can help. Thankful you and your family are ok

If I remember correctly rsskelton is from Alabama and I do not find a post by him today, RS if you can put something in the forum and let us know of your circumstances.

AMEN to that request, RS is a great guy and very thoughtful of others. I hope sincerely he and his family have been spared from this Terrible tragedy and that in the days to come we may find out that RS is doing well and all is good for his kin. Peace.

• Upvote 2

If I remember correctly rsskelton is from Alabama and I do not find a post by him today, RS if you can put something in the forum and let us know of your circumstances.

Hey guys, thanks for checking. Yes, I am fine. The storms hit all around me but I sustained no damage. Many of my fellow Alabamians were not so lucky. I am late checking the forum today because I have a lot of clients in a county here that was totally devastated. I have been there all day with my chainsaw helping clear trees and anything else I could do to help. I have never witnessed such total devastation. The little town I went to was completely leveled. I watched and cried as bodies were loaded into ambulances and hauled away. Thank you so much for your concern for me and the people of my State. I will be returning there tomorrow to continue with the clean up. Please pray for the families which have been affected by this. All of you, my DV family are the best. Thank you again for your concern. Again, pray for my state. So many lost everything they have, but the loss of life, when you witness it firsthand, well, I can't put it into words. Thank you all. Hug your kids! Thats the first thing I did when I got home.

RSS

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, thanks for checking. Yes, I am fine. The storms hit all around me but I sustained no damage. Many of my fellow Alabamians were not so lucky. I am late checking the forum today because I have a lot of clients in a county here that was totally devastated. I have been there all day with my chainsaw helping clear trees and anything else I could do to help. I have never witnessed such total devastation. The little town I went to was completely leveled. I watched and cried as bodies were loaded into ambulances and hauled away. Thank you so much for your concern for me and the people of my State. I will be returning there tomorrow to continue with the clean up. Please pray for the families which have been affected by this. All of you, my DV family are the best. Thank you again for your concern. Again, pray for my state. So many lost everything they have, but the loss of life, when you witness it firsthand, well, I can't put it into words. Thank you all. Hug your kids! Thats the first thing I did when I got home.

RSS

Good to hear you are fine.

Thanks to the kind person who started this thread...we have friends and loved ones in so many of the hardest hit areas...we escaped the brunt, but our hearts and prayers go out to our neighbors who were not so lucky. Folks like us do what you can to help, mo matterhow small the effort...in times lime this there is no effort too small and this will not be over soon...will be a long, arduous process.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have lost loved ones. I live in Tuscaloosa and thankfully our home was not hit this time. A smaller tornado hit our neighborhood two weeks ago, but that was nothing compared to what others here are facing now. Our town has lost 45 lives but the number is likely to go much higher when they switch from rescue to recovery. The president was touring the devastation in Tuscaloosa today as many may have seen on tv. Tomorrow many of us teachers will help get one of our empty buildings cleaned up to house one of our schools that was destroyed. We lost three schools in all. The University of Alabama has cancelled everything for the rest of the semester including commencement. Our town lost much of the infrastructure where power is concerned and power companies from all over the south are here to put up temporary power lines. Even with all the much appreciated help it may be 6 weeks for some to regain power. The red cross has been a great help, and the United Way is accepting donations of any kind. Hundreds if not thousands of homes were destroyed. The survivors of the destruction are in need of anything you can send. Thank you for starting this thread and shedding light to the need for prayers not only for our fellow DV members, but also to so many in our state and neighbor states who are suffering.

• Upvote 1