Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Okie, Knightk11, Med, and Frank

uncs

My question is...why the hell do you care what gurus say? You ***** and moan constantly about gurus being consistantly wrong. Get over it! For the life of me I can't figure out why you can't figure it out! Gurus are always wrong! For someone who hates gururs, you sure seem to put alot of stock into what they say.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

My question is...why the hell do you care what gurus say? You ***** and moan constantly about gurus being consistantly wrong. Get over it! For the life of me I can't figure out why you can't figure it out! Gurus are always wrong! For someone who hates gururs, you sure seem to put alot of stock into what they say.

Deenar,

Just a friendly suggestion, in the future, quote the post you are referring to. I thought you may have been referring to something I or Keep said since you were the last post. I had to go back in the post and see that you were referring to another post. BTW, I agree with what you write...

I know that you guys put out lots of intel and have "teams" combing through tons of info to try and find whats news worthy. Here is my question for you. Here we are, the dawn of ANOTHER deadline! THis time its the WTO deadline. All of you "gurus" insinuaite that in order for Iraq to have a world recognized tradeable currency they need to be in the WTO!!!!! And According you all of y'alls intelligence that date / "deadline" is this coming Wednesday! You all say that the RV must occur to be accepted into the WTO. So, here is my question for ya........Drum roll please!!!

What makes you think they are going to meet this deadline? They have yet to meet one deadline, any deadline! So, what makes you think they will meet this one! :rolleyes: Just trying to keep people grounded. ;)

I know that you won't post on this site because you have to play the politics. So just answer this question in one of your threads. Thanks

This is the post I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion.

One of the frequent "thoughts" being posted in this thread seems to be the validity of deadlines, and what MUST be.

And there are two ends to that tail.

First what makes us think there is any requirement for the RV, made by anyone, Iraq or any of the alphabet soup organizations, that must be met before the RV can happen? Or the RV MUST happen before said organization will allow membership, or forgive debts, or in any way make nicey-nice with Iraq. I think for the most part it is all stuff that is posited by someone who knows just enough to be dangerous ... and is taking for granted certain things, deadlines and MUST do, for example, that just do not exist.

they may be common sense but since when has common sense entered into any of this? But we believe them because we WANT to, we NEED to. It means that if there is some reason other than the whim of some Iraqi politician that is controling the date, or rate, then it must, it will, it absolutely cannot fail to happen. That would be a happy thing. Guaranteed Rv if only certain rules of deadlines are met.

Now for the other side of this tail. If indeed the RV is not a valid assumption in regards to what others feel must happen, let us assume also therefor that Iraq, and Iraq alone, that being the self serving, inexperienced and badly counselled politicians of the GOI, are the only ones responsible for the RV. Why do we believe that anything they say they will do, any accomplishment they vow to achieve, any step they say is next, whether it be a law, or a ruling, or just someone's whim ... why do we believe it will be so? We have no proof, absolutley no proof, that any of these people will do what they say they will. Even Allawi, who I thought of as the best hope, the most honest of the bunch, if that word can apply to any of them, has become one of those who cries wolf at every turn. He is leaving to live in Britain, but then he is back and will take on a special job made just for him but then he doesn't get the cooperation he wants so he threatens to leave the GOI altogether but then decides to stay but not in the position they want him in but the threat is still there that he will up and leave. and so on and so on and ... you get the idea. So, why do we keep falling for the GOI following any of their scheduled progress or meeting any of their own deadlines? Because we WANT to. We NEED to.

A lot of investments are occasions of making a decision to invest, putting money into the investment either in a lump sum or payroll deposit or whatever, and then walking away. Few investment actually give us, the investor, the opportunity to see, or think we see, what is happening at ground zero. How many other investments can be followed as closely as this one? Of course the information isn't always right but not because it starts out wrong. Along the way the Iraqi politicians back off or change their little timy minds (sorry, couldn't resist), or give in to some pressure internal or external, and even their own timelines go kaflooey and of course deadlines are not met. But this is the kind of investment we can watch, and get more involved in, even it if is only with words. And we do get involved, with words, and lots of them. Why? Because we WANT to, we NEED to.

This is an investment that is so close, a very personal thing, much moreso than investing in a green fund or a handful of penny stocks or the kind of blue chips you buy, stick in the safe deposit box and forget about. This is a daily progress, or supposed to be anywaya, sort of investment. Most of us are not big time experienced investors. We are learning at one heck of a rate through this one though. Why? Because we WANT to, we NEED to.

So keep up the discussions. Real discussions. Points to ponder, experiences to share, and hope to keep us all relatively sane. There are no guarantees in life, and no guarantees in this investment. But there is hope, and challenge, and we WANT that, because we NEED that.

Good luck to us all ...

smee2

• Upvote 4

Uncs lol we all know there will be some excuse after the fact of why it didnt happen....you and me both know its not a requirement for them to be accepted into the WTO....but now as far as having a tradeable currency i dont know 100% but i think they do....but with them who freakin knows....if they have the reserves they could be using USD for international contracts and such......but I would like to hear the next excuse after it doesnt happen before they are accepted into the WTO....Iraq has stated, once accepted they want to close the gap between the dinar and the USD but that doesnt mean RV before getting in or that its a requirement!!!

KEEP just wanted to say, you're true blue....stay cool

My hopes are no longer high on Iraq joining the WTO which relates to an RV. I'm leaning towards a slow appreciation once they restructure their currency and if they haven't done the unthinkable...(LOP)

There are member countries of the WTO that have a cr@p exchange rate against the dollar ie Zimbabwe vietnam etc etc...

I think Iraq joining the WTO would be a good step for this nation as it will help establish legitimacy but there are so many factors involved to making the exchange rate increase in value. I wouldn't pin my hopes on this issue.

At the same time, I could be wrong.

Keeps is right, if the deadline comes to pass, we will see all these excuses from the usual dinar suspects all across the net...blah blah blah...

Stick with A.M and the rest of the DV crew and above all due the diligence your money deserves by fact checking yourself.

Edited by quadraph0nic

I just think these people you mentioned are full of it. They have no real intel and they base their info on nothing that is tangible. If they were real then at least one of their so called intel would be true, but when you have these people providing false info time after time then something has to be wrong. I stoped reading these peoples so called intel a long time ago and I really don't understand how people could in their right mind keep relying on information from people like this. People that have continously provided false and errouneous information time after time? It just doesn't make sense but again who knows maybe people think that if they hear positive info then they will be comfortaed. But the reality of things is that they are like false prophets and it would be best to stay away from them. That is a major reason I am in this forum because I truly believe that Adam is the most level headed person out there and he has given us the most accurate info so far. As well as some of the people who post here compared to other forums. Any how that is all I have to say for now be well and stay real. :)

One of the frequent "thoughts" being posted in this thread seems to be the validity of deadlines, and what MUST be.

And there are two ends to that tail.

First what makes us think there is any requirement for the RV, made by anyone, Iraq or any of the alphabet soup organizations, that must be met before the RV can happen? Or the RV MUST happen before said organization will allow membership, or forgive debts, or in any way make nicey-nice with Iraq. I think for the most part it is all stuff that is posited by someone who knows just enough to be dangerous ... and is taking for granted certain things, deadlines and MUST do, for example, that just do not exist.

they may be common sense but since when has common sense entered into any of this? But we believe them because we WANT to, we NEED to. It means that if there is some reason other than the whim of some Iraqi politician that is controling the date, or rate, then it must, it will, it absolutely cannot fail to happen. That would be a happy thing. Guaranteed Rv if only certain rules of deadlines are met.

Now for the other side of this tail. If indeed the RV is not a valid assumption in regards to what others feel must happen, let us assume also therefor that Iraq, and Iraq alone, that being the self serving, inexperienced and badly counselled politicians of the GOI, are the only ones responsible for the RV. Why do we believe that anything they say they will do, any accomplishment they vow to achieve, any step they say is next, whether it be a law, or a ruling, or just someone's whim ... why do we believe it will be so? We have no proof, absolutley no proof, that any of these people will do what they say they will. Even Allawi, who I thought of as the best hope, the most honest of the bunch, if that word can apply to any of them, has become one of those who cries wolf at every turn. He is leaving to live in Britain, but then he is back and will take on a special job made just for him but then he doesn't get the cooperation he wants so he threatens to leave the GOI altogether but then decides to stay but not in the position they want him in but the threat is still there that he will up and leave. and so on and so on and ... you get the idea. So, why do we keep falling for the GOI following any of their scheduled progress or meeting any of their own deadlines? Because we WANT to. We NEED to.

A lot of investments are occasions of making a decision to invest, putting money into the investment either in a lump sum or payroll deposit or whatever, and then walking away. Few investment actually give us, the investor, the opportunity to see, or think we see, what is happening at ground zero. How many other investments can be followed as closely as this one? Of course the information isn't always right but not because it starts out wrong. Along the way the Iraqi politicians back off or change their little timy minds (sorry, couldn't resist), or give in to some pressure internal or external, and even their own timelines go kaflooey and of course deadlines are not met. But this is the kind of investment we can watch, and get more involved in, even it if is only with words. And we do get involved, with words, and lots of them. Why? Because we WANT to, we NEED to.

This is an investment that is so close, a very personal thing, much moreso than investing in a green fund or a handful of penny stocks or the kind of blue chips you buy, stick in the safe deposit box and forget about. This is a daily progress, or supposed to be anywaya, sort of investment. Most of us are not big time experienced investors. We are learning at one heck of a rate through this one though. Why? Because we WANT to, we NEED to.

So keep up the discussions. Real discussions. Points to ponder, experiences to share, and hope to keep us all relatively sane. There are no guarantees in life, and no guarantees in this investment. But there is hope, and challenge, and we WANT that, because we NEED that.

Good luck to us all ...

smee2

Smee..that is the best view i have ever heard..thanks..

I think this WILL happen when and only when...it can be justified...and the big money wants it..here is an old article...stating that...

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20100301063801/PM:%20Iraqi%20dinar%20re-evaluation%20has%20to%20do%20with%20economic%20conditions

94% o why I post this is because the odds arethat somebody is reading this who has not yet bought dinar but is about to. And it's my way of showing these potential new investors that these guy don't know Jack. I figured it out a long time ago and I am sorry the you are so upset over a simple post. I know they don't know jack, you know they don't know jack so why are you so aggressive. Ignorance is shown through aggressive posts like this.

• Upvote 1

Chuckray I have more than double what you have and I learned a long time ago to be patient and wait and wait and wait. This was and is a long term investment.....not a get rich quick scheme.

Tell me about it.......Seven years here and waiting...........

Uncs... I get ya. Kind of a public service announcement. Not sure who or what was being sad about the WTO deadline. I highly doubt there was any kind of real deadline. From what I have read the WTO is an honor given to be a member. Countries must jump through hoops to join but not necessarily under deadline. It sometimes takes decades to become a member. I believe Saudi Arabia is still trying to become a member and their currency is most certainly tradeable.

Smee2... good post stay level headed my friend!

Quad... good stuff as usual.

Dinarchitown/keep... good discussion. Although July has no bearing either. There is no set timetable for this thing. Things just have to fall in alignment and anytime you involve politicians you might as well sit back and wait. Also...You would have to ask yourself what is the motivation or benefit of lopping versus not lopping would be? Certainly positives and negatives on both sides. To me, if you lop, you handcuff yourself to how much your currencies purchasing power can increase in the future not to mention that it costs 7cents to print each new bill. If fils exist they would have to be destroyed because they don't have the Kurdish Language on them as the constitution dictates. I call them ghost fils because I don't believe they exist. I believe and I hope for the $100k note to come out. That would signal a postponement or refusal of any lop and will allow us a better opportunity at an increase in the exchange rate or 2. Prepare for a slower ride to windfall in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Uncs... I get ya. Kind of a public service announcement. Not sure who or what was being sad about the WTO deadline. I highly doubt there was any kind of real deadline. From what I have read the WTO is an honor given to be a member. Countries must jump through hoops to join but not necessarily under deadline. It sometimes takes decades to become a member. I believe Saudi Arabia is still trying to become a member and their currency is most certainly tradeable.

Smee2... good post stay level headed my friend!

Quad... good stuff as usual.

Dinarchitown/keep... good discussion. Although July has no bearing either. There is no set timetable for this thing. Things just have to fall in alignment and anytime you involve politicians you might as well sit back and wait. Also...You would have to ask yourself what is the motivation or benefit of lopping versus not lopping would be? Certainly positives and negatives on both sides. To me, if you lop, you handcuff yourself to how much your currencies purchasing power can increase in the future not to mention that it costs 7cents to print each new bill. If fils exist they would have to be destroyed because they don't have the Kurdish Language on them as the constitution dictates. I call them ghost fils because I don't believe they exist. I believe and I hope for the $100k note to come out. That would signal a postponement or refusal of any lop and will allow us a better opportunity at an increase in the exchange rate or 2. Prepare for a slower ride to windfall in my opinion.

I am with you drox. There is NO time table. And the way that some of the "guru's" talk with their "intel" sounds like they know the inter workings of the WORLD!. Again my whole point in this post is to show potential Dinar buyers not to put anything into what these clowns say! Okie a guy from Oklahoma, Oil Field Background now has The highest intel in the state department, Also Contacts now in CBI, and contacts in the IMF. PLEASE. Buyer beware!

• Upvote 1

Just become a Tradeable Currency and the exchange rate would move in our favor 100% or more. Whatever it takes to unpeg this currency and the free market alone will value it like any other....which should bode well for us.

Just become a Tradeable Currency and the exchange rate would move in our favor 100% or more. Whatever it takes to unpeg this currency and the free market alone will value it like any other....which should bode well for us.

Exactly.

Just make this thing internationally traded and I'll ride out the rest if I have to. The very bottom line for me getting in on this was I couldn't fathom the Iraqi Dinar forever being worth 1170 to the dollar when they are sitting on (what we now know is) the biggest oil reserves on the planet. I feel like it HAS to go up eventually.

I got 8 years before my son goes to college (not that I'm counting on the Dinar for his college but if the gamble pays off, then that kicks ass!) so I can wait.

It would be nice if it POPPED but as long as I can take it in to Chase and exchange it...I'm cool.

As far as the gurus go- I've seen these guys draw crazy conclusions from articles, laws and even each other. For example- just because banks have extra cash on hand, doesn't mean an RV is immanent. It could be a NUMBER of things- Tax season comes to mind- yet they remain confident it's only due to the RV.

Also- the way the information about the new law on ledger to ledger transaction was banded about gives you an idea of how "intel" can turn into "Pinhead tells..." due to misunderstanding.

That said. I like to read the gurus because as wild as it is...it's plausible usually and when it isn't, it's damn entertaining. I'm also in a pool on which guru will be right, when.

I think that all the guru's, know it alls, knows somebody important, related to someone in power,etc, ad nauseum, are working on the assumption that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. So when or if the dinar increases in value they can thump their chests and say "see how right I was after 7 years of saying tonight or tomorrow or monday". And so patience is the only thing for me.

'

• Upvote 1