Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

March 15th - Faith Precedes the Miracle

John Hogan

I get warm and fuzzy feelings when thinking about things like life after 5:00 pm everyday. I feel especially warm and fuzzy when the weekend rolls around. I wonder if the angels are handing me a beer and a 60 ring Gurkha when I finish work for the week?

Edited by Dr_Payne
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 18

Prayer and fasting is good. What about starting a non profit charity organization specifically for the Iraqi people. I am sure there are civilians working in Iraq who can tell us where the true needs are for the people there. Though there are many, we can find one, two, or three area that the people there can really use our finanal help on. when the RV happens, we can really kick in the fund needed for the people in Iraq that are in desperate need of these funds.

• Upvote 3

A married Irishman went into the confessional and said to his priest, 'I almost had an affair with another woman.'

The priest said, 'What do you mean, almost?'

The Irishman said, 'Well, we got undressed and rubbed together, but then I stopped.'

The priest said, 'rubbing together is the same as putting it in. You're not to see that woman again. For your penance, say five Hail Mary's and put $50 in the poor box.'

The Irishman left the confessional, said his prayers, and then walked over to the poor box. He paused for a moment and then started to leave.

The priest, who was watching, quickly ran over to him saying, 'I saw that. You didn't put any money in the poor box!'

The Irishman replied, 'Yeah, but I rubbed the $50 on the box, and according to you, that's the same as putting it in!

Did not intend to offend. Just funny. If you did get offended by this please read it again!

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Did not intend to offend. Just funny. If you did get offended by this please read it again!

That may have been funny in the Off Topic Posts section and in another thread. This just shows lack of respect for others, poor judgement and taste.

If you knew it may offend someone why post it at all???

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

John, I want to personally thank you for your post!!! I too believe in the power of fasting and prayer. I know it took a lot of courage to post your heart especially when some of these smart alects always want to make fun and bash people who post anything Godly or heartfelt. They are jerks in my opinion. I will join you in the fasting and prayer and I am so pround there were people that also said they will joinThanks to all of you who didn't mind posting their heart, I for one appreciate it, as I am sure John did also.

As for the rest of you who just had to be jerks and make fun well hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Upvote 5

As a newbie, I made my first post yesterday in the Two Cents section. I feel compelled to make another post today in the Rumors section.

It may help to frame my post by saying that I always try to look at life from a viewpoint of faith in the purposes of God and from an operating mode of trusting in the still small voice of the Spirit that leads men and women to do good.

My great, great, great grandmother was a midwife in the frontiers of the U.S. during the 1800s, delivering 3,000 babies in her career, almost never losing a mother or baby. In one arduous night, she delivered eighteen babies from dusk to dawn. In describing how she worked, she said that she could tell which mother needed her by feeling a warmth and peace surrounding that mother that indicated that angels were there to hand that baby off into mortality. In all that she did, she followed “the spirit”.

Thinking about Iraq, and its future, there is a warmth and peace about the 15th of March. It feels like this time is a potential window for the birth of the revalued Iraqi dinar.

It is very obvious that Satan has been working to keep the Iraqi people suffering as long as possible. Undoubtedly, Satan would like this suffering to continue.

A great many people believe that the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar will be a blessing for the people of Iraq, and also for the many others who have purchased dinar. I would like to propose, however, that as people of faith, we can do more than discuss the technical issues that surround this future event. We can help bring it about with our faith; and through our faith we can assist God by becoming better and more capable of bringing to pass much righteousness during our turn on earth.

Most of us have learned in our youth that God is all-powerful and doesn’t need anything from any human, but that we as humans need God’s blessings. This isn’t totally correct, however, because through careful study of the scriptures and pondering the purposes of life we learn that God is quite limited in what He can do. He is limited because he is limited by the faith of his children on earth. In fact, when Jesus walked on earth 2,000 years ago, he could do scarcely do any miracles in many cities because of the people’s lack of faith.

With the concept of our faith being a limiting factor in drawing down to earth God’s blessings, I propose that we increase our faith through concerted prayer and that we join our faith together this coming weekend and petition God with our combined faith, prayers and fasting, that He will bless the Iraqi people, and begin to ease the suffering of these offspring of Abraham. Let us enable God to bind Satan by focusing our faith on a desire for God to thwart the efforts of Satan in causing suffering and despair in the Iraq region.

God once said in speaking of a young man possessed of a devil – “this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting”. The purpose of fasting is to increase our faith… to enable us to declare to God that we want this good thing more than we want food for our physical body. When one cannot fast because of health reasons, then we can offer something else on the altar of faith, such as abstaining from other worldly pleasures, spending time in the scriptures and attending to those in need.

Depending on one’s religious convictions, either Friday, Saturday and Sunday (March 4, 5 or 6) (dates fixed from first post) will be the first Sabbath of March. That would be a great time to put our faith together, and so I propose a day of fasting and a concerted effort to pray for the people of Iraq.

I would also recommend that along with our fasting and prayers for the blessings to ourselves and the Iraqi people of a revalued dinar, we can ask God for purified hearts so that we will be more capacitated to use well the financial blessing that will be in our lives.

I invite others to add to these thoughts and, for those who will commit to joining in this effort to enable God’s power to be shown forth at this time through our increased faith, to simply respond… I’ll join with you in fasting and prayer.

Sincerely,

John Hogan

John you truly a man of caring about your suffering brothers. I commend you highly on a respectful post and join you in saying prayers for iraqi people putting them first. As for the people on here that is selfish and putting themselves first in this event. God will seperate the sheep from the goats and they will know who they are when the time comes. As for the self centered, i say this "the LORD giveth and the LORD taketh away.........

• Upvote 5

Count me in John! "Wheresoever two or more are gathered together in my name . . ."

Add me to the "two or more"

I have received many blessings, patience and healing as a result of this word. Thank you for quoting this.

Great post John! Refreshing!!

So the Count-down begins..biggrin.gif

and with that said,going to listen to the voice in my head that says "better sign off and make your way toward the kitchenohmy.gif

Wish well11

• Upvote 2

John, great post. Believe it or not I was just talking to my christian brother today, who got me into this, and we where both talking about if we truly thought this would happen. I mentioned to him that maybe we should fast, not just for this RV, but also for clarity and closeness to the Spirit. He agreed with me, and we where going to talk tomorrow about what date. But after reading your post, I think I will join this fast. Please verify actual days that you will be fasting, praying, reading, etc.

Oh and if you have happened to read any of my other posts, you would have found out that march 15th is my 34th birthday. Nice date you picked there!!! :D:D:D

• Upvote 1

As a newbie, I made my first post yesterday in the Two Cents section. I feel compelled to make another post today in the Rumors section.

It may help to frame my post by saying that I always try to look at life from a viewpoint of faith in the purposes of God and from an operating mode of trusting in the still small voice of the Spirit that leads men and women to do good.

My great, great, great grandmother was a midwife in the frontiers of the U.S. during the 1800s, delivering 3,000 babies in her career, almost never losing a mother or baby. In one arduous night, she delivered eighteen babies from dusk to dawn. In describing how she worked, she said that she could tell which mother needed her by feeling a warmth and peace surrounding that mother that indicated that angels were there to hand that baby off into mortality. In all that she did, she followed “the spirit”.

Thinking about Iraq, and its future, there is a warmth and peace about the 15th of March. It feels like this time is a potential window for the birth of the revalued Iraqi dinar.

It is very obvious that Satan has been working to keep the Iraqi people suffering as long as possible. Undoubtedly, Satan would like this suffering to continue.

A great many people believe that the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar will be a blessing for the people of Iraq, and also for the many others who have purchased dinar. I would like to propose, however, that as people of faith, we can do more than discuss the technical issues that surround this future event. We can help bring it about with our faith; and through our faith we can assist God by becoming better and more capable of bringing to pass much righteousness during our turn on earth.

Most of us have learned in our youth that God is all-powerful and doesn’t need anything from any human, but that we as humans need God’s blessings. This isn’t totally correct, however, because through careful study of the scriptures and pondering the purposes of life we learn that God is quite limited in what He can do. He is limited because he is limited by the faith of his children on earth. In fact, when Jesus walked on earth 2,000 years ago, he could do scarcely do any miracles in many cities because of the people’s lack of faith.

With the concept of our faith being a limiting factor in drawing down to earth God’s blessings, I propose that we increase our faith through concerted prayer and that we join our faith together this coming weekend and petition God with our combined faith, prayers and fasting, that He will bless the Iraqi people, and begin to ease the suffering of these offspring of Abraham. Let us enable God to bind Satan by focusing our faith on a desire for God to thwart the efforts of Satan in causing suffering and despair in the Iraq region.

God once said in speaking of a young man possessed of a devil – “this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting”. The purpose of fasting is to increase our faith… to enable us to declare to God that we want this good thing more than we want food for our physical body. When one cannot fast because of health reasons, then we can offer something else on the altar of faith, such as abstaining from other worldly pleasures, spending time in the scriptures and attending to those in need.

Depending on one’s religious convictions, either Friday, Saturday and Sunday (March 4, 5 or 6) (dates fixed from first post) will be the first Sabbath of March. That would be a great time to put our faith together, and so I propose a day of fasting and a concerted effort to pray for the people of Iraq.

I would also recommend that along with our fasting and prayers for the blessings to ourselves and the Iraqi people of a revalued dinar, we can ask God for purified hearts so that we will be more capacitated to use well the financial blessing that will be in our lives.

I invite others to add to these thoughts and, for those who will commit to joining in this effort to enable God’s power to be shown forth at this time through our increased faith, to simply respond… I’ll join with you in fasting and prayer.

Sincerely,

John Hogan

John,

The sentiment behind your message is admirable.I am not religious by any means but I do think about the plight of the Iraqi people evry day,I am proud of the Egyptians and the Tunisians for their incredible achiements and the way they handled it as a people and I worry about the Libyans and all the other countries that are fighting for their freedom from oppressive regimes.

Also,like you I am hoping for an RV.First and foremost for the country and people of Iraq.Then us.When it happens I do of course intend to take care of myself and my family,but like you I also hope hope to do some good in this world.

My point is,is that I believe there are ALOT of good people on this site that probably share the same view as myself,who are not religious.We are not going to fast and pray but we do support your right to do so and I for one applaud you for your conviction to your faith and the kahunas to post it!The right to choose and have your own beliefs and the FREEDOM to pursue those choices and beliefs is what is so great about the countries we live in,and it is what the entire Middle East is fighting for at the moment!So maybe you could include a few prayers for them as well,and myself and likeminded people will continue to support the efforts of all the peoples of the ME and wish happiness,prosperity and stability to them as well.(stability being the key word-especially where it concerns this investment and Iraq :) )

I really hope this didn't come across as bashing or demeaning in any way because it certainly was not intended to be.We're all in this together

GO RV

Cheers,

Sparky

• Upvote 4

Hulk Hogans brother and cw2 if your fasting for 2 weeks can i have your dinar after you starve to death waiting for the rv.so did you just decide the 15th was the date you should probly do the 10% down w/ the traders and make even more $. red & yellow :twothumbs:

• Downvote 8