Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki confirms that next year will see the radical solutions to economic problems

CoffeeDave

Maliki confirms that next year will see the radical solutions to economic problems

Editor: HAH

Tuesday, February 22 2011 16:18 GMT

Maliki during a Qahishyuh clans Basra

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Tuesday, that next summer will cut power plant to provide electricity to the citizens, revealing the proposal for the distribution of generators, small villages and rural areas and isolated from the national grid, while pointed to the formation of a commission to import the ration card items that will be available to citizens as a whole.

Maliki said during a meeting with a delegation of the families of the province of Basra, and attended "Alsumaria News", "It is shameful that Iraq is gripped by the rich and the wealth of a power crisis," asserting that "dictatorships and mentalities adventure of the former regime and those around him have brought us to where we are now ".

Maliki said that "next year will see a radical change in the government's capacity to solve problems concerning the economy, after an expected increase in our exports of oil and gas," adding that "Iraq will be after a year and a half a source of electric power and not importing them."

Maliki said "the Ministry of Electricity presented a proposal to the processing of villages and rural areas, generators small estimated five megawatts to isolate it from the national grid," pointing out that "the Ministry of Electricity will cut off electrical power plants from the beginning of May next until the end of August, to provide electricity to the citizens."

The Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, said in a press conference held at the Press Centre for prime minister, last Thursday, attended by "Alsumaria News", "The power crisis will end no later than 12 or 15 months.

The Deputy Prime Minister for Energy, Hussain al-Shahristani announced, on Monday, Iraq's need for 14,000 MW to meet the need of electric power, with The Ministry of Energy of Iran seeks to increase the electric power exports to Iraq about one thousand megawatts and the establishment of 11 stations with electric ones.

In another context, Prime Minister pointed to "the formation of a committee under his chairmanship to import the ration card items according to the prices of international stock markets and the finest Almnacy World," stressing that "the government started distributing 500 million dinars to families deprived of ration cards during the past months."

Maliki has vowed to "provide all components of the ration card to citizens on an ongoing basis without interruption."

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki announced on the sixth of this month, the Council of Ministers decided to give each individual Iraqi amount of 15 thousand dinars in compensation for the lack of materials, the ration card, and called on the provinces to assume responsibility for processing the ration and distributed to citizens, depending on the financial allocations from the federal government meanwhile, announced the Iraqi Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi in the same day, the Council of Ministers for approval to allocate $ 500 billion dinars distributed to citizens, rather than materials that are not available to them under the ration card items.

And supports the majority of Iraqis in their food as provide them with tags ration card, and that since the start of the international embargo on Iraq in 1991 after Saddam Hussein's war against Kuwait, including the ration per person, rice, flour, vegetable oil, sugar, tea, washing powder , soap, powdered milk (for adults), and powdered milk (for children), and legumes, beans and lentils and chickpeas, with an estimated value of these materials per capita in the local market at about $ 10, not counting children's milk, while obtained through the ration card $ 500 dinars.

It is noteworthy that Iraq is suffering a severe shortage of electric power, since the beginning of the nineties of the last century, and increasing hours of rationing electricity, especially after the year 2003 in Baghdad and the provinces, because made a lot of stations, as well as sabotage attacks on the electrical system of national, particularly the energy transport networks, over the past years, and the steady increase in the consumption of electricity, as a result of the economic openness that the country had witnessed, and the enthusiasm of citizens to buy equipment and materials, electric, which they were deprived for years of the previous regime, as a result of deterioration of the situation Communal sector, and the siege that was imposed on the country following the invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

My link

• Upvote 1

Just my thoughts here, There is no way they can wait till next yr to RV there money, they have to Rv the money so they can get the service and restore livable conditions to there people. Once they RV there money other countrys will jump in to help this country out , But it takes tradeable dollars to do that. The wourld has jumped in to get them up and running as a nation, now its there turn to stand up and say we made it. :D

• Upvote 2

Just my thoughts here, There is no way they can wait till next yr to RV there money, they have to Rv the money so they can get the service and restore livable conditions to there people. Once they RV there money other countrys will jump in to help this country out , But it takes tradeable dollars to do that. The wourld has jumped in to get them up and running as a nation, now its there turn to stand up and say we made it. :D

I agree they can not wait til 2012.. but there is no dates on the article.. so 2011 could be next year... I would hope.

The article was published on 2-22-2011

"year next" is this year that we are in (February 23 - December 31, 2011). I'm told that they don't have a word that corresponds correctly.

Ask al-Maliki if he thinks that this can be postponed until 2012 (yep, the same guy who went to see if the Kuwaiti's would give his family sanctuary? ... ) Nah

• Upvote 3

I believe Maliki like I believe Obama, very very little. I say riot and burn the place down. The only problem is dirt and stones dont burn very well. More and more money missing from the Iraq government, when it is time to RV they wont have the money to do so.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I believe he is referring to an increase in their ability to provide and sustain services through the economic growth expected this year. Also, no reference to RV. This year or next. It can't wait. Hopefully this RV will kick off somewhere around the 1st of March and if not, worst case scenario, by the end of March. We'll see!

• Upvote 1

"year next" is this year that we are in (February 23 - December 31, 2011). I'm told that they don't have a word that corresponds correctly.

Ask al-Maliki if he thinks that this can be postponed until 2012 (yep, the same guy who went to see if the Kuwaiti's would give his family sanctuary? ... ) Nah

You went ahead and said what I was about to.

And, another thing to speculate is if the 2011 brings a RV, 2012 will have foreign investors pour in and fix the place up.

JMO

• Upvote 1

None of the problems Maliki refers to can be solved by an IQD valued at .00086 USD. They have to RV to even begin to solve them. Not only that, but the longer an RV is delayed, the more time larger financial interests have to maneuver to literally purchase large blocks of the Iraqi economy. I see this article as quoting a typical politician (like many of them in this country) who has to publicly offer some carrots to the masses in order to stave of being booted from office. If things don't change soon, there may be a "vote of no confidence" in the Maliki government. I suspect he knows that. JMO.

IMO, Maliki is saying, without saying it, it will take 12-15 months until these huge infrastructures can be in place, up and working. First you get the funds, then you build it.

Maliki's real message is that he cares about the people, he is doing the best he can, it was somebody else's fault. But we all know he is a con man that will say anything to save his own arse.

I would not react to the headline and subtitle of this article, nor would I take this as an RV message. It is PR for Maliki so that he is not hanging form a tree come Friday.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agreed. This is a translation problem! I am hungarian and if I translate webpages from arabic-hungarian or even english-hungarian, get the same result....It's all mixed up and very hard to understand. We have to read it very careful and use our common sence to figure out what they are really saying. By the way this is not a first time that they use "next week" or "next year" for the present. Just my experience...

• Upvote 2

Generators of that size for every province is not a cheap proposition. It makes sense to RV to defray costs.

Agreed. Nothing about this is making any sense. We've heard this before from the Baghdad Bunch.

Somebody do the math. A CAT gen set with transfer switches, maintenance packages, cable, fuel,and infrastructure can easily hit a million a unit. I don't see a line item in the budget for this. There are many little villages along the rivers and in the North. It makes more sense to develop a grid and cable to the villages. Show me the contracts and the check cut to a Western company and I will believe this BS from M. The GOI has made these promises years ago and still nothing's done. Divesting power from the Baghdad Bunch by putting power into their currency through a RV is the only way for these people to control their destiny.

• Upvote 1

Editor: HAH

Tuesday, February 22 2011 16:18 GMT

Maliki during a Qahishyuh clans Basra

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Tuesday, that next summer will cut power plant to provide electricity to the citizens, revealing the proposal for the distribution of generators, small villages and rural areas and isolated from the national grid, while pointed to the formation of a commission to import the ration card items that will be available to citizens as a whole.

Maliki said during a meeting with a delegation of the families of the province of Basra, and attended "Alsumaria News", "It is shameful that Iraq is gripped by the rich and the wealth of a power crisis," asserting that "dictatorships and mentalities adventure of the former regime and those around him have brought us to where we are now ".

Maliki said that "next year will see a radical change in the government's capacity to solve problems concerning the economy, after an expected increase in our exports of oil and gas," adding that "Iraq will be after a year and a half a source of electric power and not importing them."

Maliki said "the Ministry of Electricity presented a proposal to the processing of villages and rural areas, generators small estimated five megawatts to isolate it from the national grid," pointing out that "the Ministry of Electricity will cut off electrical power plants from the beginning of May next until the end of August, to provide electricity to the citizens."

The Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, said in a press conference held at the Press Centre for prime minister, last Thursday, attended by "Alsumaria News", "The power crisis will end no later than 12 or 15 months.

The Deputy Prime Minister for Energy, Hussain al-Shahristani announced, on Monday, Iraq's need for 14,000 MW to meet the need of electric power, with The Ministry of Energy of Iran seeks to increase the electric power exports to Iraq about one thousand megawatts and the establishment of 11 stations with electric ones.

In another context, Prime Minister pointed to "the formation of a committee under his chairmanship to import the ration card items according to the prices of international stock markets and the finest Almnacy World," stressing that "the government started distributing 500 million dinars to families deprived of ration cards during the past months."

Maliki has vowed to "provide all components of the ration card to citizens on an ongoing basis without interruption."

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki announced on the sixth of this month, the Council of Ministers decided to give each individual Iraqi amount of 15 thousand dinars in compensation for the lack of materials, the ration card, and called on the provinces to assume responsibility for processing the ration and distributed to citizens, depending on the financial allocations from the federal government meanwhile, announced the Iraqi Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi in the same day, the Council of Ministers for approval to allocate $ 500 billion dinars distributed to citizens, rather than materials that are not available to them under the ration card items.

And supports the majority of Iraqis in their food as provide them with tags ration card, and that since the start of the international embargo on Iraq in 1991 after Saddam Hussein's war against Kuwait, including the ration per person, rice, flour, vegetable oil, sugar, tea, washing powder , soap, powdered milk (for adults), and powdered milk (for children), and legumes, beans and lentils and chickpeas, with an estimated value of these materials per capita in the local market at about $ 10, not counting children's milk, while obtained through the ration card $ 500 dinars.

It is noteworthy that Iraq is suffering a severe shortage of electric power, since the beginning of the nineties of the last century, and increasing hours of rationing electricity, especially after the year 2003 in Baghdad and the provinces, because made a lot of stations, as well as sabotage attacks on the electrical system of national, particularly the energy transport networks, over the past years, and the steady increase in the consumption of electricity, as a result of the economic openness that the country had witnessed, and the enthusiasm of citizens to buy equipment and materials, electric, which they were deprived for years of the previous regime, as a result of deterioration of the situation Communal sector, and the siege that was imposed on the country following the invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

My link

Google Translate Fail.

Real Arabic Translation:

[The People of Iraq] will see a radical change in the government's ability to solve economic problems during the next year as our exports of gas and oil are expected to increase. Additionally, within the next 18 months Iraq will be producing our own electic power and will no longer need to import it.

Hope this helps. It doesn't seem to me to imply an RV, but you could read into it if you want.

• Upvote 2

Reading between the lines, Real Arabic Translation:

[The People of Iraq] will see all the money gone, as we the government is taking it all and leaving, hahahaha.

Additionally, within the next 18 months we will make sure all the government officials have electricity 24 hours a day.

The Rv is coming tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow,

Hope this helped.

I believe he is referring to an increase in their ability to provide and sustain services through the economic growth expected this year. Also, no reference to RV. This year or next. It can't wait. Hopefully this RV will kick off somewhere around the 1st of March and if not, worst case scenario, by the end of March. We'll see!

I have to agree with you nitro. It don't see where he mentions an RV in this article. I think this one just is what it is.