Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bank of Baghdad closed early for training??

Booseman

Are you serious?

I hope you have the value of your house in cash after 30 days to complete that purchase. I also hate giving financial advice to anyone but buying on reserve is crazy and at the same time its very tempting....

Next time you think about buying on reserve look at it like this.

You can either take that bit of money and buy dinar that is GUARANTEED yours or you can take a RISK on having nothing to show and I mean NOTHING to show for that money after 30 days....

GUARANTEE vs RISK (gambling)

considering that none of us has a crystal ball, I'd choose the guaranteed route every time as tempting as purchasing on reserve is....

Quadraphonic is right. You worked too hard for that money to lose any of it. I've seen 3 times now where people were SURE it was going to RV and put money on reserve. It didn't happen. Better to buy some outright than risk losing money with a reserve.

• Upvote 1

I trade with my haji Shop guy "mohammed" all the time. He laughs at me though and always wants to know why I want IQD, I just nod and smile and take my new iqd notes and leave

What up big MOE. Yeah we have a couple of hajee shops here too and the guy is pretty kewl about trading them here. Woo, hoo. It would be pretty kewl if it was tomorrow to finally get out of the sand box and to civilization. Hopefully we'll catch you in Dubai soon. :)

I was headed to the Bank of Baghdad on the VBC (Victory Bas Complex) this morning. I was headed there to buy obviously, but as I approached the huge fence that they have around the building there was a little sign posted on the fence. It said, and I quote, "Closed 10:30 for Today only". They are normally open from 8:30 to 1:30, but today for some reason they closed 3 hours early. Someone outside said that they were conducting training and that is why they were closed. I am going to be so mad if this thing happens today or first thing tomorrow and I was not able to get my additional funds.

you should be grateful you have any and are involved at all. some people have never had this opportunity. if you are truly grateful for what you have .you will receive more in return...JMO.. NO DISRESPECT

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD... MANY THANK YOUS FOR ALL OF YOU WHO SERVE... YOU HAVE MY UTMOST RESPECT.... THANK YOU

• Upvote 2

Are you serious?

I hope you have the value of your house in cash after 30 days to complete that purchase. I also hate giving financial advice to anyone but buying on reserve is crazy and at the same time its very tempting....

Next time you think about buying on reserve look at it like this.

You can either take that bit of money and buy dinar that is GUARANTEED yours or you can take a RISK on having nothing to show and I mean NOTHING to show for that money after 30 days....

GUARANTEE vs RISK (gambling)

considering that none of us has a crystal ball, I'd choose the guaranteed route every time as tempting as purchasing on reserve is....

If you don't have the money to pay off the reserve, it is risky. But, I had purchased dinar outright and have dinar in my hand. I reserved on several occasions and forwarded a dinar note to hold the reserve for the payoff with Dinar Trade. The 30 day period is not in affect. After the RV, DT will buy the note on hold, I use that money to pay off the reserve, and I get the change. Not all reserves are dangerous.

Seems as though this is new to the two involved parties over in the sandbox.

Since I'll be passing several banks on the way to the store, I'll peek in the windows...can't hurt to see if the bank employees are being trained too...(I KNOW, I DOUBT IT TOO, BUT I HAVE FUN WITH THIS)

Now, if I see a staff meeting going on, especially at the Wells that has a international currency exchange, I might get a little freaked, but IF there were training, I'd bet it would happen in the evening before a big event.

At the very least, I get my coffee and some eggs for omelette's then head to church to put my faith in the big guy!!

I'll be back in a few to give news/no news...

TPR

I have a good amount that I am sitting on but I wanted a little more. No matter if I get more or not I will be happy with whatever the lord blesses me with!

Amen to that!! Be safe as well, and God Bless you guys!!! I hope this isn't out of line to ask, but did anyone ask what kind of training they were doing? Anyway, thanks for the post! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

In Texas, you can buy Iraqi Dinar (uncirculated) at any First Convenience Bank. I bought some at the bank located in a Food Store, told some of my clients about it and our local Walmart has the same bank inside. I told several of my clients, as well as my son and they went there to buy theirs. They have banking hours seven (7) days a week, so it really is 'convenient' to buy there. The last time I posted this, everyone laughed at me about buying dinar at a grocery store or Walmart, but believe me, its true. They sold the dinar for $26.00 per 25,000 dinar which is much cheaper than most of the online sites.The teller at our local Walmart was somewhat unsure about how to handle this, but his manager walked him thru it. The next day, with more clients making purchases, everything went smoothly. The only requirement is that you open an account at First Convenience Bank for $1.00. They say we will be able to cash them in at their bank when the RV happens. The Bank Mgr. said that they get their Dinar from a source in Ireland.

The net cost for buying is $1,040.00 per million dinar. When we cash them in, we were told that we could receive the funds in a Cashiers check or wire the funds to any bank we desire. I'm sure, of course, that they want us to deposit it into our First Convenience Bank account, but we can have it wired where ever we want.

• Upvote 3

Well, got my coffee, peeked into a Union Bank, BOA and 2 Wells' branches. No training going on right now....as I expected but it was fun to hunt around.

TPR

I can see the blurb in the Strange But True news section of Yahoo.....

AP Wire January 23, 2011 12:30 p.m. Local Banks Unnerved By Peeping-Tom Wearing Tin-Foil Hat

• Upvote 6

One big hing ok the bank had up closed signs but a person said it was for trainning it could have been for anything the bank does, I am like all of you I want to see the rv as soon as it comes, but remmember they would need to send out trainning vidiios to everyone else first so everyone know how to di it.

I hope your right abourt what kind of trianning but we will just have to wait an see even if it is rv trianning I would think in feb would be more liike it to give the time to be ready. and it makes sense because of what Adam said about them making vidios for trainning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The training would be in the Banks in Iraq. US banks dont need to train their people. All they will do is check the Forex and cash us out based on that rate. It's as simple as reading a chart and using a calculator.

Now in Iraq, things will be dicey for the bankers and people there. Lots of people rushing the banks...lots of questions, etc.

Question is, when they eradicated the old 'Saddam' dinar and introduced the NID, how did that go? Perhaps we can guesstimate this RV's complications in Iraq keeping this in mind?

• Upvote 3

The training would be in the Banks in Iraq. US banks dont need to train their people. All they will do is check the Forex and cash us out based on that rate. It's as simple as reading a chart and using a calculator.

Now in Iraq, things will be dicey for the bankers and people there. Lots of people rushing the banks...lots of questions, etc.

Question is, when they eradicated the old 'Saddam' dinar and introduced the NID, how did that go? Perhaps we can guesstimate this RV's complications in Iraq keeping this in mind?

Are you stating that they were closed for training? If so, that is a good sign... Just wondering where you got that intel.

• Downvote 1