Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

how many people think this could all be just a scam

Have you parted with any money? If not, than you have no standing in this investment and should move on if you feel its a scam. This forum is for news about the investment not a place to dump your negativity. Go play in someone else's pool.

Yes, I paid the REAL exchange rate and am earning interest on it.

How is my advice above bad?

I think my post fits the "Opinions, Perspectives, and Your Two Cents on the Iraqi Dinar" section. Don't you?

Definately not a scam.....a chance to make a profit is what it is....currency exchange is real....people do it everyday but usually electronically.....the only reason why people might start thinking its a scam is cause its very possible we will only make a small gain on this....the chances of us waking up millionares is slim to none but still there is a chance....regardless the dinar will raise in value at some point....the big question is HOW they will have it appreciate.....whether they will LOP and then raise the value, or if it will be a straight up RV is the million dollar question....but its not a scam......

• Upvote 5

Wow I appalled that the crybabies seem to out number the even-keeled here lol

NOT a scam by definition ..... UNLESS you bought it with your last dime and expected it to turn into an overnight windfall. But, in that case you just scammed yourself, can't blame anyone else.

I see this as a possible opportunity for some out there who may have not particularly liked or paid attention in school to get off the "poor me" train and improve your life skills/situation .... in whatever highly moral and upstanding way you can and stay off the forums for a while, in fact do what has been suggested before ... toss your dinar into the sock drawer and go about the business of making the best life you can for you and your family under what are undoubtedly trying times.

bless you all,

pvS

• Upvote 3

how many of you have really check out this, could we all be getting scamed by the biggest scam in history?

I have heard romors that it is possible, but I feel that this has been going on for way to long that it could have been missed as a scam.

add what you fell and your opinion here lets see what every one thinks about how real this is.

always remmeber spend only what you feel you can loss if everything works out against you.

so lets hear what you have to say!

If we have been scammed, then every major world gov't along with us has been scammed as well. Can you imagine the rain of hurt that will fall on Iraq if they have been toying with the world? I know they are crazy, but I do not believe they are suicidal.

Edited by Captjohn

Scam

–noun

a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, esp. for making a quick profit; swindle.

Scam??? I think not. Currency exchange. Yeah. No offense to the original poster, but I'm so sick of the word "scam" being associated with Iraq Dinar. I know where your coming from and the word scam was probably at the top of your head, but I cant stand when people say its a scam. I could live with "bad investment" or even, "your a dumbass". But this indeed is absolutely, positively not a scam at all. At worst, its speculative gambling. Hang in there peeps. We all know major changes in Iraq JUST happened and its turning a new leaf over there. SOMETHING is bound to happen with our dinars soon. The game is totally different from the end of 2010 and now. 2003-2010 mean nothing compared to now. Tuck your Dinar away and sit on it.

Go RV!! Papa needs some new limited edition Nike Hyper Dunk 2015's!!!

My freind it was only a question as I said this is romor, I only want to know if you thought yes and why or just a simple no I am like you and every one else hopping for the best for all.

I want you to know that we all would like to be able to say with deffant belief that some thing it what it is, but at the end would you feel that same way if it goes up and still could not cash in your dinar. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY THAN?

how many of you have really check out this, could we all be getting scamed by the biggest scam in history?

I have heard romors that it is possible, but I feel that this has been going on for way to long that it could have been missed as a scam.

add what you fell and your opinion here lets see what every one thinks about how real this is.

always remmeber spend only what you feel you can loss if everything works out against you.

so lets hear what you have to say!

I did say I heard ROMORS. ROMORS is the key word,

this was only a qusetion to boogle the mind.

So many people have bought into this and yes govenments too (but governments can wait longer than any one).

I only asked this to see where every one stands.

YES I feel the same as all of you there is a possiblity to make money that is why I got in and feel that the BBB would not have let a crimal use them as a backer.

Scam?
blink.gif
or what they want us 2 think?
wink.gif

Med says to (01:44:14):

OK I AM GOING TO GIVE YOU SOME INFO

MAYBE YOU DID FIGURE THIS OUT

OR NOT

THE LAST THREAD ON THE BUDGET

WAS SOMETHING LIKE 80 SOME BILLIN DINAR

AND WHAT 76 BILLION USD

CORRECT

IN THAT BALLPARK

Med says to (01:45:39):

YES OR NO

mikeC says to (01:45:46):

Yep

Med says

OK GOOD

NOW IF THE FIRST READING IS DONE

AND THE BUDGET IS PASSED AT 89/90 BILLION DINAR

AND THE 2ND AND 3RD READING THE SAME

Med says to (01:46:51):

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE RV HAS BEEN PASSED

Med says to (01:46:54):

THIS WEEK

JRCivic says to (01:47:02):

fits your 86 cent rate to the "T" Med

Cool says to (01:47:05):

93-79.6

Med says to (01:47:09):

NO NO

Med says to (01:47:13):

PAY ATTENTION

Med says to (01:47:19):

I SAID

thepainman says (01:47:23):

yes yes yes

Med says to (01:47:28):

IF THEY PASS THE BUDGET AT 90 BILLION DINAR

THEN THE RV HAS HAPPENED

Cool says to (01:48:02):

Yes

JRCivic says to (01:48:04):

Exactly

golncor says to (01:48:41):

true otherwise the dinar would be in the trillions

mikeC says to (01:49:42):

Budget planned with the RV rate

Med says to (01:49:49):

YES GOLNCOR

YES MIKE

AND AS SOON AS THE BUDGET IS APPROVED

AND IN THE GAZETTE

AND IF IT IS AT THE BILLIONS

BOTH IN IQD AND USD

THEN THE RV HAS TAKEN PLACE

Cool says to (01:51:03):

so this could be the way they do the rv simply by post the new budget?

no big announcement

mikeC says to (01:51:50):

med in Bam Bams post both the old rate & new rate are detailed I think...

Med says to (01:51:51):

WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT SOMEWHERE IN THE LANGUAGE

thepainman says (01:51:54):

then we wait for it to show on forex

JRCivic says to (01:52:01):

Then all we would have to do is watch to see when it shows up over here
smile.png

Med says to (01:52:21):

BAM BAMS POST IS NOT USUABLE

IT IS NOT VALID ANYMORE

mikeC says to (01:52:39):

OK sorry my bad

Cool says to (01:54:40):

med you were saying somewhere in the language?

Med says to (01:55:20):

YES

YOU KNOW THE VERBAGE

THE WAY THE BUDGET IS WRITTEN

IN THERE SOMEWHERE HAS TO BE LANGUAGE THAT SUPPORTS THE BILLIONS INSTEAD OF TRILLIONS

OR SEPARATE AMENDMENT HAS BEEN DONE

Cool says to (01:58:23):

hmm could that be part of the reason they had to redo it med

Med says to (01:58:30):

NO

Cool says to (02:00:09):

well I know they had other reasons also , but may have adjusted the amount to fit the rv since they maybe know it is coming

Med says to (02:00:17):

WELL

WE KNOW THAT THE MOF...COUNSEL OF MINISTERS...CBI AND IMF ARE ALL INVOLVED

THE MAJOR ISSUE WAS THE KURDS

AND THEM WANTING LINES STRUCK FROM THE BUDGET

NOW AND THIS IS TOTALLY SPECULATION TO HELP support YOUR THOUGHTS COOL

BUT THE MOF HAD THE BUDGET

AND BEFORE HE DID

THE BUDGET READ TRILLIONS

NOW ONE THING AND MOST DIDN'T REALLY NOTICE IT

BUT IN THE TWO WEEKS THEY WERE OFF

THE PRIVATE SECTOR WAS EXPOUNDED ON ALLOT

AND THE NEED TO DEVELOP IT AND CONTINUE WITH BUILDING THE ECONOMY

BUT NOT THROUGH THE OIL

AND ALSO ENTERING A MARKET ECONOMY

NONE OF THIS CAN BE DONE

Cool says to (02:03:41):

yes lots of new plans of business's

Med says to (02:03:42):

WITH THE DINAR IN IT'S PRESENT STATE

Med says to (02:11:02):

I JUST WANTED TO THROW OUT

THE POSSIBLE IMPORTANCE

OF THE FIRST READING

AND HOW IT IS WRITTEN IN THE MEDIA

IF BILLIONS/BILLIONS

YOU ARE WATCHING THE RV UNFOLD

BUT AS I SAID

THE RV HAS STARTED

AND THE PROCESS THAT WAS NEEDED IS MOVING

FIRST WAS LIQUIDITY

WHICH ENTAILED REMOVING LARGE DENOMS

NEXT IS THE CONVENING OF PARLIAMENT

AND COMPLETION OF THE CABINET AND BUDGET

WHICH WAS WHAT WAS EXPLAINED IN THE ARTICLE I POSTED

SO TONIGHT IF YOU ARE HANGING OUT

THEN YOU BASICLLY ARE WAITING TO SEE IF THEY RV'D OR NOT

OR I MEAN

ARE IN THE FIRST STEP OF DOING SO

Cool says to (02:14:34):

lol I know and I am so so excited lol

Med says to (02:14:45):

NOW REMEMBER

WHEN THAT ARTICLE CAME OUT

I ONLY SAID IT APPARENTLY LOOKS

LIKE THEY HAVE PUT THE RV RATE IN IT

UNLESS IT WAS AN ERROR

WHICH ONE TYPO I CAN SEE

BUT THE ENTIRE ARTICLE HIGHLY UNLIKELY

BUT THEN AGAIN

WHO WOULD THINK THAT A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WERE LISTENING TO SADR

WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH TO SAY THEY WOULD MAKE THUNDER UNDER THE GROUND OF THE INFIDELS

IF WE DON' T LEAVE

THEY EITHER ARE JUST THAT STUPID

OR HAVE TOTAL MEMORY LOSS

THEN AGAIN

I WOULD WANT TO FORGET THE TWO BUTT WHUPPINS

THEY GOT FROM THE CHRISTIANS

AND ALLAH FAILED TO PROTECT THEM

Cool says to (02:18:32):

med do you think

Med says to (02:18:33):

OK SO ANY OPINIONS

perez says to (02:18:37):

? puter being difficult and i cant access article... from above... mike had usd 76 million / jrc had usd 76 billion... which is it?

Med says to (02:18:39):

NOT TOO MUCH COOL

Cool says to (02:18:57):

they are prepared in case sadr really tries to start real trouble

Med says to (02:19:00):

IT CAN'T BE 76 MIL USD

OH OF COURSE COOL

dinarfrank says to (02:19:32):

Wow Med. Great thinking. Thanks for sharing.

Cool says to (02:19:40):

93 billion Iraqi dinars (79.6 billion dollars)

that’s what’s in the article

perez says to (02:19:57):

ty

Part of my brain tells me that good ole' Med's MILLION/TRILLION statement almost makes sense! Now that scares me!!!!

How can people even think this is a SCAM? I bought at $910 , And DT buyback is now $1000 for me that %10 in 10 months, I dont know of any scams that make that kinda of return ...

DT BUYBACK

Price as of 01/10/2011

$1,000.00 per million dinars Uncirculated New Notes

$850.00 per million dinars Circulated Notes

• Upvote 1

But it had been pirty much built in 8 years

I always wondered about that quote, so I looked it up:

Rome was founded around 750 BC. It did not become "Rome" as we imagine it -- one of the most important and powerful cities in world history until about 250 BC. So about 500 years, give or take.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_…

Put me in the camp of definitely not a scam (that is, if you bought from a reputable dealer), but definitely a medium risky asset with a potential large payoff. I say medium, because it is doubtful that the currency will get much lower. I'm working on my asset allocation risk assessment using the sharpe ratio, so far my research has determine it to be slightly more risky than a mutual fund made up of emerging markets stocks. It is riskier because you don't have the diversification of more than one country, also you have a significant part of the industry that is based on natural resources, which are by nature, very volatile.

I have taken into account the ability to bring the natural resources to market with limited infrastructure/transportation systems in place (but with multi-billion dollar companies sponsoring such projects) and the current outstanding (M2) money supply (that's personally my biggest concern, the little bugger is very hard to track).

This is clearly speculation on my part and based on facts that I've gleamed from such giants like Adam, Scooter, Doc, Mr. Rich and our esteem Mods. Which please understand, I do not speak for, as I'm but a dwarf in comparison to these subject matter experts.

Saying that, modern portfolio theory would suggest that you put no more than 5% of your wealth in such venture. That's my :twocents:

This is a 'legal' business -- selling dinar. No scam.

This gets a bit tiring ... perhaps, for the uninitiated, it appears you have been duped. BUT, you need to educate yourself. No one ever guaranteed that you would make money. You are listening to the wrong people. Did you read Adam's book? No guarantees.

I like the investment ... but I haven't given up working. And, worst case, I'll lose a few thousand dollars if everything goes south.

As it is now, today, I could get back about 95% of my investment if I needed the money next week.

Really, people that keep coming back to the idea of 'scam' are uninformed. Basically, your own mind is scamming you and you need to further your education.

You will be better served to get off of the message boards and 'cash in' when notified. Don't worry, you'll hear of the RV if/when it happens.

Or, sell out and get (most of) your money back.

TS

• Upvote 1

Look everone has their owen opinion and freedom of speach, all I did was ask the question , I never said I thought this was a scam, PLease don't misquot me!

If the question is one you don't want to answer than don't if you going to be a jerk in your answer don't boughter putting it.

questions are to get infored about possiblities, not for people to be jerks at every turn to those who have a question to ask.

Here is another question do you kiss you mother with that mouth? you should have been raised better to be nicer to others.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

wayne, your question was, and I copy/paste:

"how many of you have really check out this, could we all be getting scamed by the biggest scam in history?"

If that's not an implication that you believe it could be a scam, what in the heck else did you mean?

Please refrain from posting if you are unclear what it is you're trying to say.

thank you

• Upvote 2

The people that think it's a scam are investers who have no patience and a huge sense of entitlement and want a million dollars in their pocket yesterday. Just sit back and watch the show. That's what it is. Theya have all rehearsed their parts and now they are entertaining us. My belief is that the second act is coming to an end and we're almost ready for a standing ovation.

I spent way more $ and got way less return on my education. Guess I was scammed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course its a scam, ya cant take it with ya when ya go so how bad is that. Its frikkin gambling is what it is, and you always have the potential for loss in gambling but then again isn't every business venture a gamble. If you would have bought the new dinar when it first came out you would have by now more than doubled you money. would you call that a scam. No its not a scam but it is a gamble so put on your poker face and call the bluff. We will see, we will see B)

Yeh,,my brother says it is. I will let him know when I'm the Millionaire.....lol. I don't believe it is...my father and some very knowledgeable people are into this....and my father is a smart businessman. Don't think he would do this if it were a scam. So ,,,yes,,,I'm sure it's real. BTW...even if it never RV's.....we wont' lose any money. We can sell it back for what we paid for it..no money lost if you bought from a reliable source. I consider it a very high earning savings account.

THAT 'S RIGHT YOU GUYS!!! SIT BACK AND BE PATIENT. ;)

LET THE GAMES BEGIN...!!!! I PLAN ON HAVING FUN WITH THIS! :P

Nope, not a scam. It's real currency, banks are selling it. It's worth what you knew it was worth when YOU bought it.

If you did your homework before buying it, YOU KNEW it was speculation.

Is gambling in Vegas a scam? NO, it's just Vegas, you know it's a gamble before you play. YOUR CHOICE.

Can't use the word scam. You can sell it back.smile.gif

The Iraqi Dinar will rise in value eventually. The time & system it takes to get it there, no one knows, but that does not make it a scam. It just make Iraq slow! laugh.gif GO RV!

YUP! That about sums it up. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Teresa82
  • Upvote 3

The people that think it's a scam are investers who have no patience and a huge sense of entitlement and want a million dollars in their pocket yesterday. Just sit back and watch the show. That's what it is. Theya have all rehearsed their parts and now they are entertaining us. My belief is that the second act is coming to an end and we're almost ready for a standing ovation.

Totally agree TJMunson. And for those that think its a scam maybe they will sell their dinar to us???

• Upvote 1

:ph34r:

Scam, house of cards, con or ponzi scheme....take your pick? You will not know until it's over, one way or another. Who is to say that every site selling dinar are not connected? That every pumper out there does not work for the same "group" who is running the con? Unless some one flips, no one is going to admit to anything......all the time knowing everyone invested will seem outraged at the mere thought of the RV being a fraud. Those that ask questions, show doubt or just come out and say this is too good to be true and therefore is obviously not will be bashed out of fear by those invested......it could even be that Adam is part of the con. How does anyone know if he has actually spent anytime at all doing any post RV research? It could be just another piece to the con. Also, pumpers may not just be the type that watch the news and pass on, or twist or embellish it.....and make any tidbit seem relavent to an RV, there would also be the type that bash any nay sayer and constantly try to cast doubt towards anyone trying to put forth accurate or factual information.Oh, yes.....this could be one giant con :wub:

BUT I THINK NOT..... :bulb:

I know that Iraq has the number two oil reserves and will soon be the number one producer, since Saudia Arabia is all explored out. I know that Iraq has the number one gas reserves in the world and I know the world needs more and more oil everyday. And since the US cares more about some caribou, we won't be tapping the vast reserves in Alaska anytime soon. I also know that Iraq has kicked out thier murderous dictator with our help and wishes to get back into the political arena and world trade markets They need their currency to be valued in order to gain purchasing power on that world stage. Some will say that is not necessarily true....look at China. Forget it.... apples to oranges my friends......Than you have the "secrets" issue. That being, if this was a scam, look at how many secrets it would mean have to be kept......for years. People just can't keep secrets, not in the long run....look at Wikileaks and they are leaking things that are classified by governments as top secret and they can't be kept. Surely, after 7 years of this being a fraud, it would be out by now? Look at the list of things that would have to be kept secret in the upper paragraph ....the facts just don't add up, no way and NO SCAM!

IMO :tiphat: GO RV

• Upvote 1