Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Reason for CBI site down.....

keepmwlknfny

how am I supposed to take you seriously when you make a statement like this? People usually like to believe the simplest explanation because that's what their minds can handle. Like the world being flat... or that we are the only planet in the solar system... or if you make a weird face it will get stuck like that. Thunder storms happen when God is angry... am I making my point here? I'm not saying your wrong about the bandwidth thing but apparently some other posters say different but you look at this graph and immediately say oh yeah that's got to be the reason. Do you know how much their bandwidth is? I don't know I guess I would believe you more if you weren't always the one saying "I wish this were true but" every time someone says up your immediately saying down, they say left you say right... Instead of trying to disprove every piece of info out there how about some info from you... maybe the time you have to discredit people could be put to use. Just saying.

It's called Devil's advocate. His posts are from a realists perspective not a kool aid drinkers perspective and I for one, as an INVESTOR not a DREAMER, enjoy his posts because they are usually the most logical explanations I have seen so far on this site. Apparently to date his "simple explanations" have always been right because we still have NO RV like all these other people have been saying we would. Don't bash someone for being a realist. We need more of those type of people in this investment to balance out all the rumors!

• Upvote 4

Keep. I gotta love ya man. This seems logical that it could be a simple extended the broadband, but what if? What if last weekend was just to throw us off of them actually doing something this weekend. What if all of the intel we are getting is true and the HUGE party today over in Iraq is because of the RV? What if finally all of the Guru's were right for a change and this is it? What if you are wrong for a change?

Just a few things to ponder while the site is down. It just might not be as simple as you think it is. One thing i know for sure, they are masters at making you think one thing and doing another. So before you chalk it up to a simple exceeded broadband limits, just think what if.

GO RV!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you seeing that there's a "HUGE" party?

LEGGMAN24 - I second JTTEXAS05's request. "What HUGE party?"

I have to say this the CBI site was not down for bandwidth problems this time last year. There may be more hits on it this year - but if this is actually the problem they are having.

Can you imagine the traffic they will be getting when this RV's.

Nobody will be able to see the CBI rate as the site will be down with Exceeded bandwidth.

Think whatever you wish - there is more to the CBI site being down then just bandwidth.

I have no idea what it is - as that is anyones guess. But it is not bandwidth. Bandwidth is a relatively easy thing to fix.

Again think what you will.

• Upvote 1

It seems as though you moderators CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH! you want to keep this forum festering with BS.... i just posted the post of all posts, that will clarify every-bodies mind, and you delete it?

this is what i say to you, whoever you are...

tumblr_laf3owEnrQ1qbqqbp.gif

to the rest of you good folk.... here:

Dial

760-569-7699

you will be asked to enter a PIN ... That PIN is: 593952#

you will listen in for about 45 mins to an hour ....(the call is over 70 mins.... but the meat & potatoes and the VALUABLE INFO is within the 1st 25 mins)

you will then proceed to lose yourself 1254334927_celebration-dance.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All of a sudden out of the blue Twice in one week it goes down. Sure seems like something is going on besides Bandwidth. JMO huh.gif

No really, its bandwidth. We have servers ourselves, with customers who greatly exceed bandwidth. You let it go so far, but when it exceeds that you take them offline to protect other customers. Or the huge number of people checking the site will knock the server off by itself. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

how am I supposed to take you seriously when you make a statement like this? People usually like to believe the simplest explanation because that's what their minds can handle. Like the world being flat... or that we are the only planet in the solar system... or if you make a weird face it will get stuck like that. Thunder storms happen when God is angry... am I making my point here? I'm not saying your wrong about the bandwidth thing but apparently some other posters say different but you look at this graph and immediately say oh yeah that's got to be the reason. Do you know how much their bandwidth is? I don't know I guess I would believe you more if you weren't always the one saying "I wish this were true but" every time someone says up your immediately saying down, they say left you say right... Instead of trying to disprove every piece of info out there how about some info from you... maybe the time you have to discredit people could be put to use. Just saying.

I agree with Nani ,,, this guy only puts out negative views.. Don`t get me wrong people have to be informed, but I myself cannot take anyone who only has a negative outlook on everything and I Mean everything ... serious.. Now if the guy was equaled out and had just as many positive post as negative I could listen to him. If you don`t believe in this investment then get off this forum !!!!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It`s just hard for me to believe that this bank cannot keep up with its bandwith ..

Every site has a critical load past which the server won't handle anymore, I don't care how big you are. CBI may not have reached their point until this year. I'm just shocked they do not host it in house. But they will probably get there in time.

Every site has a critical load past which the server won't handle anymore, I don't care how big you are. CBI may not have reached their point until this year. I'm just shocked they do not host it in house. But they will probably get there in time.

good point ! :)

Ok give me all the ( - ) you want.. We have to quit reading into everything that happens out there, Everytime something happens everyone gets excited and tries to link it to an RV. The RV will happen when it happens and we won't know till than, who are we to say that the website has to be down for so many hours before a RV can happen.. I too hope for a quick RV, I would love to leave Iraq and never return, I have been doing this contract work way too long.

GO RV..

God Bless Everyone.

• Upvote 2

Once again its just normal bandwidth issues.....we are KILLING them checkin the CBI site like mad people :lol: I know we want this bad and because of all the hype recently we are expecting it the next couple of days so we are stretching everything into meaning its about to happen.....check out this link im posting....posted this at the other site and they couldnt handle the reality of things and I was banned.... :lol: How dare I make it seem like anyone could be wrong about this meaning its going to RV :lol: .....sorry folks....wish it was something big but looking at the graph we are tripling our visits to the site this time of month....look at dec and the first big spike was the first time it went down....looks like we are still beating them up with people hitting up their site.....sooooo seeing the message of bandwidth being exceeded doesnt seem like too far of a stretch huh?? Thanks goes to PatH for bringing this up in chat the other week......

http://iq.geek-tools.org/en/www/cbi.iq/1372972

why would a site such as the cbi,have a bandwidth limit...i dont know too much about these things...but i do know that unlimited bandwidth isnt that expensive for a entity such as the cbi.

E-commerce and Business critical websites usually have safeguards in place so their website doesn’t go down because of bandwidth issues or other minor issues that can be dealt with in a automated fashion. Our business is hosted in such a way that if we exceed our bandwidth it will automatically be raised on the fly and we will be charged for it. I can’t imagine the cbi.iq doesn’t have some kind of agreement in place with their host to handle these spikes. Companies and organizations use these huge server farms because these hosting companies can handle millions a hits a day or hour if necessary, this allows small and medium businesses to run powerful websites (blade servers with load balancing with top notch 24X7 tech support) without the huge outlay in hardware and technical manpower.

I also heard that some people noticed some minor changes in the website once it came back up after the first outage, which blows the bandwidth exceeded message out of the water also.

• Upvote 2

Seems to me that with all of the interest Iraq has generated within the last month that the country’s Central Bank would have a web site capable of handling all of this interest. This interest comes not only from speculators but your garden variety media types and little blue haired ladies dreaming of a day when they can add Bagdad to one of their international traveling destinations.........Just saying......

This is not a bandwidth issue my friends, you can get bandwidth unlimited for almost nothing these days. It may run slow by using cheaper providers but does not go down. Hosting of content is what's costly like thru a Edgecast type service. And they do not have highncost content such as videos. These outages are planned for sure! Not 100% sure if for the RV but 200% sure its not bandwidth related!

I so agree! :)

Many valid points have already been made in this thread.

However, I personally find it hard to believe that the CBI does not have some kind of mechanism in place with the host to make sure the website doesn't go down again. I could understand if they got taken by surprise last week when it went down, but you figure they would have fixed that. Also, the traffic has been going down. Combined with the length of the previous outage, I'm just skeptical as to why there is extended downtime again. I would think within minutes the website would be back up if it indeed went down due to a bandwith issue.

• Upvote 3

E-commerce and Business critical websites usually have safeguards in place so their website doesn’t go down because of bandwidth issues or other minor issues that can be dealt with in a automated fashion. Our business is hosted in such a way that if we exceed our bandwidth it will automatically be raised on the fly and we will be charged for it. I can’t imagine the cbi.iq doesn’t have some kind of agreement in place with their host to handle these spikes. Companies and organizations use these huge server farms because these hosting companies can handle millions a hits a day or hour if necessary, this allows small and medium businesses to run powerful websites (blade servers with load balancing with top notch 24X7 tech support) without the huge outlay in hardware and technical manpower.

I also heard that some people noticed some minor changes in the website once it came back up after the first outage, which blows the bandwidth exceeded message out of the water also.

This is why I am having trouble with "There out of bandwidth story" There a lot of websites that get a lot of hits but never go down and if they do go down there usually back up within minutes !!

Isn't the real question: Why do they NOT call Houston company where it is hosted ( or answer the phone when the hosting company calls them...) and get it up and running? No, I'm not saying that they exist to make us currency speculators happy, but, after all, it IS during the middle of the week, during the hosting company's hours of operation.

If it's just not necessary to them, they would still just leave the site down?

I think that's what he did, provided a link to show the increased bandwidth. Any worthwhile discussion requires opinions on both sides. Otherwise all you have are a bunch of Bobbleheads.

Gosh have we forgot this is Iraq........why would we expect anything to go smoothly.....nothing surprises me about Iraq...I have been in this several years and the lies and excuses about all aspects related to Iraq could only be surpassed by maybe the GET team....

Yea that was A "story".....no one knows for sure what they did or didnt do......could be down for maintenance....expanding....who knows?? But when you see the graph you can logically put the puzzle pieces together and see that any messages of exceeded bandwidth wouldnt be coming out of left field......seems the most logical explanation....especially with all the hype going on about a RV before end of year.....usually the simplest explanation is the right one.......

Keepm I think we should make you the head of the diplomatic corps here at DV. Let their be peace on the DV Board.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas smile.gif and have a Happy new year! We do so appreciate your air of calm an deliberation.

IMHO I truly feel this is all balderdash. Look I have been around computers since the mid 80's. There is no possible way that the GOI or the CBI could run out of bandwith. Also if you check with the IETF you will see that this web site is not on the list of sites out of bandwith, nor is there a trouble report. So maybe we are being blocked. By who though? Your guess is as good as mine.

God Bless America! and you Keepm for being the calm in every storm!biggrin.gif

I made that statement because it seems that the simplest explanation is the right one when it comes to this investment.....I see all day long people from all over twisting the smallest little things into long, drawn out, complicated reasons or "proof" that they are about to RV when in fact nothing happens.....just trying to keep people level headed and grounded, bring another side to the table so people can see both sides and make an educated opinion as to whats really happening instead of just being lead blindly by big words from some of the so called gurus.....thats all......thats how I have always been....questioning everything....looking for another explanation.....and for the most part, that "other" explanation that has fit the scenerio HAS been correct......I prefer to try to find the facts instead of just going off hearsay.....and I think me and alot of people here at DV have turned into mythbusters :lol: trying to prove what most people call fact to be sure for ourselves.....