Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mid-2024.. Iraq leaves government monetary dealing

11 hours ago, Laid Back said:

For citizens to be able to pay electronically, they need to bring the

chunky cash, open a bank account and receive an electronic card.

They have to do it ASAP to able to pay for Gas, services, shopping, etc.

This means the CBI and the banking system are going to collect a 

BIG amount of the chunky money (The 000 notes). Then when the CBI

has collected a Big percentage of the 000 notes, they will go ahead with

the delete of 000 project.

“The Iraqi government is currently weighing the question of changing the currency so that the official cost of a US dollar will be 1.32 Iraqi dinars instead of 1,320 dinars. Implementing such a decision is likely to significantly increase Al Sudani’s popularity.”

I think you are right on this. The citizens will have to empty their mattresses, bring their dinar to the bank and get their card to pay for their gas and groceries. I don’t think they will wait too long before raising the rate as they said. That will encourage the die-hards to bring theirs in for more purchasing power. At the same time, how many dinar holders here with give it up for $.76? That will bring in more notes across the globe. After this, they will reinstate to its former glory. Probably somewhere in the $3-$4 range. Folks remember two things they have constantly said other that “soon” 😂, sorry, couldn’t resist. They have said they want parity with the dollar and restore it to its former glory.  I think they will go to the $.76 or somewhere close. That is a win-win for them, especially when they later “restore” their value. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 6

12 hours ago, Laid Back said:

“before the middle of the current year, there will no longer be a government institution that receives final cash, leading to the legal adaptation of electronic payment”

This is the connection I see……. My humble opinion.

“The Iraqi government is currently weighing the question of changing the currency so that the official cost of a US dollar will be 1.32 Iraqi dinars instead of 1,320 dinars. Implementing such a decision is likely to significantly increase Al Sudani’s popularity.”

“the Governor of the Central Bank, Ali Al-Alaq, to discuss monetary policy, the banking system in the country, and ways to increase thevalue of the Iraqi dinar.”

:rocking-chair::praying::soon::bravo::twothumbs::crossedfingers:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Laid Back said:

“before the middle of the current year, there will no longer be a government institution that receives final cash, leading to the legal adaptation of electronic payment”

This is the connection I see……. My humble opinion.

“the Governor of the Central Bank, Ali Al-Alaq, to discuss monetary policy, the banking system in the country, and ways to increase thevalue of the Iraqi dinar.”

Go Delete of 000

Go Stronger Dinar

Go purchasing power 

Since there won't be a govt institution receiving final cash, the citizens will be forced to go electronic for govt transactions hence collection of 3 zeros and need for LDs.  

Thank you!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3