Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wednesday LunchTime Opinions @ 12:18 PM MDT - 2/28/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Clare  Article: "Prime Minister: The government has placed the issue of economic and banking reform among its most important priorities"

MarkZ  Comment: I am of the belief if they reinstate to pre-war rate…it will be at $3.22 Mark: I am of that belief as well. I think that is their minimum...I do not expect a wild or crazy float. It is not good for their money if it swings wildly. But to me it’s looking like it may be one BAM then done for a rate change.

Militia Man  Everything we've been seeing in the news...is quite intense in respect to a lot of the things we've been talking about... Article:  "Iraq's Minister of Trade: We seek to join the World Trade Organization and expand our economic relations with the world"  That's pretty bold. Quote: "...Iraq is now able to enter the global trade market through the organization on a large scale."  There you have it...That is a massive quote.

:tiphat:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1

14 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

I believe that Iraq is doing much better, but not in the $3.22 camp yet.  Would love it, but not counting on it!   :shrug:

We can count on nothing until it actually happens.

We can only speculate.  We can't count on the Gurus & that's for certain.

• Upvote 2

If they reinstate at $3.22, they will have no choice but to delete the three zeros from the currency, not the rate.  There isn't enough wealth in all the world to confer such value to any currency with so much outstanding paper.  I was hoping for more but will take that just to have the matter settled.  It'll be a 320% return on investment, which isn't bad.   

• Upvote 2

According to simple research on the innerweb , Iraq as of Feb27 has satisfied the requirements to qualify as full member of the WTO. Vietnam has been a full member of WTO since 2007 , and their currency is for shite 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, dinarham said:

According to simple research on the innerweb , Iraq as of Feb27 has satisfied the requirements to qualify as full member of the WTO. Vietnam has been a full member of WTO since 2007 , and their currency is for shite 

Valid point. VND has been artificially suppressed and has been climbing in value as of late.. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dinarham said:

Vietnam has been a full member of WTO since 2007 , and their currency is for shite 

Vietnam was also never sanctioned. It’s always been a tradable currency. Iraq was sanctioned. That’s the difference. They are also repricing goods, it will need a new rate and the project to delete the zeros is still in affect, as a matter of fact it is being implemented as we speak.

• Upvote 4