Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI DOWN

A government advisor announces the entry into force of the 2024 budget

1/1/2024

The economic and financial advisor to the Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Saleh, announced today, Monday, that the 2024 budget has entered into force.

Saleh said {to Al-Furat News} that: “The federal general budget issued pursuant to Law No. 13 of 2023 is a tripartite budget, that is, it was enacted for three years, and therefore the entry into the new fiscal year 2024 has been automatic from today.”

He explained, "This is based on the adoption of the federal general budget for the year 2024, and the 12/1 exchange rule does not currently exist in accordance with the amended Financial Management Law No. 6 of 2019 until the beginning of the year 2026 if the financial situation at that time requires its application."

Saleh added, "This rule, i.e. disbursement 12/1, also depends on the timing of the 2026 budget legislation."

This is the article, I don't think that this "... 12/1 exchange rule...." has anything to do with exchange rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

1 minute ago, 6ly410 said:

they changed the day to pay everyone from Jan 2 - now it is sad Jan 3  - Jan 2 ( today ) banks are closed for inventory.. 

1 minute ago, 6ly410 said:

Maybe ? I don’t know ? 🤷‍♂️  just a thought… considering with everything going on… this could definitely be a possibility..? Budget spending 1310?

I've always considered Thursday and Sunday as the most likely days to make a big rate change but I'll take Wednesday 

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

ISX: A platform for unlisted joint stock companies will be launched on Jan. 2, 2024
ISX will launch a new platform for unlisted joint stock companies (OTC) on Jan. 2, 2024.

When will the ISX be listed on the NASDAQ ? Are there plans for that in the near future?

4 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Recently saw an article on another site the rate will be 12/1 in 2026.

1/12=0.083 USD. I don't mind waiting until 2026 IF I say IF this rate will really come true, eventhough it is less than a dime. At least , it is still better than the current rate 1/1310=0.00076 USD.

If that can’t use the dollar, then they’ll have to use the dinar which will need to show up on forex and it’s impossible to do everything they said they would as far as infrastructure and rebuilding their country at 1310