Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IMF: Very Undervalued.

Luigi1

59 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Is an American name. Not really found anywhere else in the world. But could have evolved from clan Mccarthy  Names spelt MC usually have scottish origin and when spelt MAC have Irish origin

Wow...very interesting!  👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Many clans have several different colour of tartans. Eg... I wear the Robertson tartan Usually a red background ... but the Robertson hunting has a blue background and then there is also the Robertson aincient

Never realized that there is a difference, but your history goes way back.   I will have to watch for that from now on.  Very very interesting!  👍

• Like 1
  • Pow! 2

2 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

Never realized that there is a difference, but your history goes way back.   I will have to watch for that from now on.  Very very interesting!  👍

Your welcome. Yeah we Scots are very ancient compared to America. The clans came together in the army of bonnie price charlie to fight the English . The last battle fought on British soil was at Culloden.  The clans were dispersed  after this and it was illegal to be part of a clan.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Your welcome. Yeah we Scots are very ancient compared to America. The clans came together in the army of bonnie price charlie to fight the English . The last battle fought on British soil was at Culloden.  The clans were dispersed  after this and it was illegal to be part of a clan.

Obviously, everyone knows about the William Wallace.   That is incredible what it took to free yourselves from England, but to get all the clans on the same side, was incredibly tough.   What a very long and proud history you have.   Congratulations...:bravo:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Wallace was not part of the jacobite uprising and for hundreds of years after Culloden  we were ruled by England and still are to some extent 

It's weird you're talking about this and I'm watching Outlander. Not comparing just the comments and got me thinking. 🤔😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

@cutter73 I do a lot of hand embroidery and I dread the day I need to get both my hands done. Do u like all creatures great and small? I think it is shown on pbs. we have just had season 4 of it here in the uk. Hope u feel better soon

I will look it up and thank you! Hoping and preying I won't have to go back to work.  And the odd Google search the other day...I always see/ or look at clock at 123 am or pm and other things at work.  Ugh... I'm a case! 😂 look up the meaning!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cutter73 said:

I will look it up and thank you! Hoping and preying I won't have to go back to work.  And the odd Google search the other day...I always see/ or look at clock at 123 am or pm and other things at work.  Ugh... I'm a case! 😂 look up the meaning!

All creatures is a programme base's on books written by a Yorkshire vet. Fabulous programme 123 are angel numbers

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@cutter73 I am hoping I can pack work in at some point this year. I want to travel, spend more time at home with my dogs and family and help more in looking after my father. If that means he needs to come live with me .... so be it. There is no way he will ever be put in a care home

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

@cutter73 I am hoping I can pack work in at some point this year. I want to travel, spend more time at home with my dogs and family and help more in looking after my father. If that means he needs to come live with me .... so be it. There is no way he will ever be put in a care home

I need to come visit😊😂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

All creatures is a programme base's on books written by a Yorkshire vet. Fabulous programme 123 are angel numbers

I absolutely loved the original series from the 1970’s! Unfortunately, none of my streaming services offer the new series which I’ve been wanting to see! 😩

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I absolutely loved the original series from the 1970’s! Unfortunately, none of my streaming services offer the new series which I’ve been wanting to see! 😩

I also love the original. The new series is also good I have re watched it 3 times

• Upvote 1

@Half Crazy Runner. You might be pleased to know that the Livingston clan comes from the argyle  area of the Highlands and the lion clan from Strathyre I  the Highlands. You might be a distant relation of the late queen Elizabeth  , the Queen mother who was known as Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon before she married the late queen's father. The family seat is at Glams Castle in Aberdeenshire.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2