Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IMF Staff Concludes Staff Visit with Iraq

6ly410

Big on talk as usual....how about REAL ACTION on this issue.

I stopped a very long time ago believing anything these people trot out for public consumption. At their worst they're pathological liars 

Action, good deeds, implementing positive reforms(RV) to help the country & it's citizens is what I look to.

20 years and counting & still without a globally recognized currency.

If by the end of 1st quarter 2024 no substantial increase to the rate exchange, I guess we can believe the CBI when the said no action to the exchange rate til '25.

Then what's the spin for Sudani's "hold onto your dinars they're worth more than dollars" gonna be ?? SOON, IN THE COMING DAYS and all the other worn out excuses. 

Bad day at Black Rock if these pin heads don't pony up on some long overdue promises 

• Pow! 3

The easing of global commodity prices, revaluation of the dinar, and continued price subsidies are projected to keep inflation in check. With the projected decline in oil prices and the expansionary fiscal policy stance, the fiscal balance is forecast to return to a deficit and the debt-to-GDP ratio increase. An expected influx of imports driven by the dinar revaluation and the significant increase in government expenditures will further weigh on the current account sur-plus, which at a projected average oil price of US$78.7/bbl from 2023 to 2025, is forecast to narrow in 2025.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And they've changed the exchange rate twice since 2020... to 1460 at the end of 2020 and to 1300 in 2023 So, so much for not changing the exchange rate for 5 years...

any day between now and 1 Jan 2024...24 Dec 2023 would make for an AWESOME Christmas present! 🎁 2nd to last Sunday of the year just like in 2020 😁

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 7

2 minutes ago, NMP2017 said:

And they've changed the exchange rate twice since 2020... to 1460 at the end of 2020 and to 1300 in 2023 So, so much for not changing the exchange rate for 5 years...

any day between now and 1 Jan 2024...24 Dec 2023 would make for an AWESOME Christmas present! 🎁 2nd to last Sunday of the year just like in 2020 😁

:cheesehead::tiphat:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Theseus said:

First off back in 2020/1, an Iraqi Committee member said that they would not be changing the rate for 5 years. This was based on the implementation of the White Papers. So far everything that was stated according to the implementation of the White Papers has held. An RV in 2024 is not going to happen according to the Committee member. ( I have posted the statement before. If you want to verify the statement go find it.) When IMF gives Iraq go ahead, then and only then will they RV. Not before.

I believe they posted the same thing in 2014.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 6ly410 said:

It is game over imo - This thing is about to blow

Regardless of what happens in the coming days......weeks.....months......

I sincerely appreciate your diligence, tenacity, endless optimism, encouragement and countless news contribution.  You have been a light on this treacherous journey.  You seem pretty legit.    

Hats Off on X: "Show respect to those around you by taking your hat off  while dining😌 https://t.co/iy1s1Y0vFK" / X

lets bring this thing to an end!

Peace

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7
  • Pow! 1