Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Monday Late Morning Opinions - 11:50 AM MDT - 9/04/2023 news opinions

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when.  They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Frank26  ...They wanted from 2003 to now to come up with a fair number.  My number would be $4.25.  But...I'm not going to be greedy.  As soon as I see that $3+ just like the rest of the Middle Eastern countries I'll jump on that man!  Not all of it.  That's the beauty.  Even if you only have 1 million dinars, exchange half and hold on to the other half.  Calculate. You're going to need a team ..lawyers...advisers...your pastors...your family...seek council, make right decisions.  Because...you can only make this decision one time...

jmsca08  [Response to Frank26 and Breitling from this morning]  Want to make it clear:  UAE is $1 = .27 cents USD not $3 + The Saudi is $1 = .26 cents USD not $3 + Now if you said Jordan yes JD1 = $1.41 USD. Oman Rial 1 = $2.59 USD.  Baharian Dinar 1 = $2.65 USD.  Kuwait Dinar 1 = $3.24 USD.  This are Arabs country that are higher than the dollar.

MarkZ  The WTO is big and it’s been percolating in the back since January.  My sources told me years ago that when we saw them join the WTO- then it was done. They would have to be fully international for that.

:tiphat:

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

MarkZ  The WTO is big and it’s been percolating in the back since January.  My sources told me years ago that when we saw them join the WTO- then it was done. They would have to be fully international for that.:tiphat:

No, Z... it's not all done...if it was all done, we would be cashing in right now.

Iraq still has to develop a private sector economy that's not based on oil.

There are still many laws to be passed to protect outside investors.

More banking laws must still be enacted & corruption laws must be enforced.

Yes, a lot of progress has already been done.

There's still plenty of work to be done moving forward.   IMHO.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Luigi1 said:

MarkZ ...My sources told me years ago that when we saw them join the WTO- then it was done. They would have to be fully international for that.:tiphat:

No, Z... it's not all done...if it was all done, we would be cashing in right now.

Iraq still has to develop a private sector economy that's not based on oil.

There are still many laws to be passed to protect outside investors.

More banking laws must still be enacted & corruption laws must be enforced.

Yes, a lot of progress has already been done.

There's still plenty of work to be done moving forward.   IMHO.

Luigi, I think what Mark was trying to say was that he was told that when Iraq was allowed to join the WTO, the adjusted exchange rate would have to have been completed; so that they would have to be a fully recognized international currency to have been allowed to join. JMHO..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

Luigi, I think what Mark was trying to say was that he was told that when Iraq was allowed to join the WTO, the adjusted exchange rate would have to have been completed; so that they would have to be a fully recognized international currency to have been allowed to join. JMHO..! 

Thanks for setting the record straight.

• Upvote 1

What happens if WTO and HCL is old thinking ! 19 years when I got invested this was all the talk…19 years on still the talk….if the world markets crash tomorrow and countries values all change do you think the HCL and WTO status will still be needed? Considering todays economic climate I am not sure if these things are relevant or even needed!!!!!! 

Edited by screwball
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, screwball said:

What happens if WTO and HCL is old thinking ! 19 years when I got invested this was all the talk…19 years on still the talk….if the world markets crash tomorrow and countries values all change do you think the HCL and WTO status will still be needed? Considering todays economic climate I am not sure if these things are relevant or even needed!!!!!! 

Yeah I’m not convinced HCL is what we are waiting on either. At the end of the day, I think it boils down to waiting on the,“Haves” for the green light. But who am I anyway, but a lowly, “Have Not”. I’m happy though!!!🤣

• Pow! 2

1 hour ago, screwball said:

Really….this is a Kap comment? Does Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and SA have private sector economies?look at their exchange rates?

I spent 6 years in Kuwait & Bahrain.  
They do have diverse economies.  Bahrain allows foreign investors to own & open up shop in their names while Kuwait requires a Kuwaiti's name under license of foreign operated business.

One of my tasks was procurement of parts for the US military.  Often, I had to have parts machined by hand.  They dd very well but were slow due to daytime siestas.  I was amazed at how their mom & pop industries did & how many there were to choose from.  Kuwait desalinates lots of water from the sea.  They are into livestock & produce as well.

Bahrain is more noted for manufacturing & making things like furniture & services while Kuwait was banking & other white collar related work.  Also noted for high rise building & construction.

There was a heavy presence of foreigners doing business in UAE & Quatar as well.

Forget Saudi Arabia...it's a closed society & will probably stay that way.

Just my everyday observations in dealing with local businesses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 2

4 hours ago, Luigi1 said:

They do have diverse economies.  Bahrain allows foreign investors to own & open up shop in their names while Kuwait requires a Kuwaiti's name under license of foreign operated business.

One of my tasks was procurement of parts for the US military.  Often, I had to have parts machined by hand.  They dd very well but were slow due to daytime siestas.  I was amazed at how their mom & pop industries did & how many there were to choose from.  Kuwait desalinates lots of water from the sea.  They are into livestock & produce as well.

Bahrain is more noted for manufacturing & making things like furniture & services while Kuwait was banking & other white collar related work.  Also noted for high rise building & construction.

There was a heavy presence of foreigners doing business in UAE & Quatar as well.

did you know that Iraqs largest export after oil are dates????

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Luigi1 said:

Nice to get to know your background, experience. Gives so much more credibility and knowledge to what is going on over there for real. Thanks so much for sharing. Too many times I am guilty of thinking wrongly of what other countries actually do. That they are actually productive in other ways than just , let’s say it, oil. BTW, I like siestas. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, screwball said:

did you know that Iraqs largest export after oil are dates????

Yup.

Also back when the European nations were still living in caves & painting themselves blue, Baghdad was the science & education capitol of the world.   Only the elite were educated at Baghdad universities.

• Upvote 1