Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AMC to the MOON!

keylime

16 minutes ago, rw.sutton said:

Motley Fool

I once looked into this publication and was humorously surprised to find that people actually paid them money. 

Nothing gets me more than a Deceitful liberal organization attempting to pretend to be moderate. 

But at least they got the name right, cause only a FOOL would read their crap. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

52 minutes ago, rw.sutton said:

Media giants keep saying this is the squeeze. Just more fud to try to get you to sell. Telling you it is over before it has begun. Yahoo Finance is another one that does this along with Motley Fool and Marketwatch. The misinformation is going to be wild this week. Turn the TV off! Follow your heart, no one can, tell you when to buy or sell, I bought at 9 and change, I could of 3x my money, nope Im holding, I got a number in mind, you do the same, Good Luck, everyone!

This is the way! Have a great Tuesday everyone. Let's make some Tendies!!!

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, bkeiller said:

I wonder if today's news messes with Apes owning the float?

"AMC said in a securities filing that it raised $230.5 million through a stock sale to Mudrick Capital Management."

CNBC.
https://news.google.com/s/CBIw48-2yjc?sceid=US:en&r=5&oc=1

How awesome is it that this company jumped in at over 27 dollars. This definitely is no penny stock. Ha! They know no matter what the hedgefund shill media folks say. Money talks. Actually this buy shouts " Buy AMC! And HOLD!!!"

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I once looked into this publication and was humorously surprised to find that people actually paid them money. 

Nothing gets me more than a Deceitful liberal organization attempting to pretend to be moderate. 

But at least they got the name right, cause only a FOOL would read their crap. 

More like"Boughtly Fools"

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bkeiller said:

I wonder if today's news messes with Apes owning the float?

"AMC said in a securities filing that it raised $230.5 million through a stock sale to Mudrick Capital Management."

CNBC.
https://news.google.com/s/CBIw48-2yjc?sceid=US:en&r=5&oc=1

No. These were shares already owned by the AMC Corp. It basically just changed institutional hands. Our ownership of the float didn't change. This sale didn't add new shares to the float but it did significantly raise the value of the stock in the eyes of Wallstreet, other institutional investors, and Whales.

An awesome move by CEO Adam Aron

• Upvote 2

So many great comments from everyone this is getting really exciting!

so as I mentioned before this is the very first stock I’ve ever bought and I know very little about the stock market and how it works. The next question I have is how do you know when to sell? I’m thinking to myself I could be at work and the stock could drop at 2 o’clock in the afternoon and I have no idea because I’m working. If it drops then it’s too late for me correct?

So how do I know when to finally cash out? Will everyone be on the boards here discussing it?

Edited by climber7
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@climber7There is a lot of slick marketing out there usually saying something like, if you bought at this price and sold at this price you would have X# of $. While arithmetically true, you will bury yourself in buyers or sellers remorse.

It took me some time to learn what kind of investor I am, until I set some goals. So, while I am considered a nut by many for being 100% all in on equities, this nut did not crack in 2008 during the crash, or in January 2020. I bought more on the way down! Now, this year is a bumper year up 700% in my Roth and 200% in my 403b.

I have learned to avoid all or nothing scenarios and if I am feeling a bit skittish about a stock, I might sell a little to avoid losing it all, but I had to lose it all on one stock at least to learn that lesson. Also, there are so many ways to invest and so many products. I also had to learn to look at money a different way due to the cyclical nature of the markets. It's really only spendable if/when you cash it out. That sounds weird, but this year I have made 3 buys that made me 5 times my gross salary. I would never dream of investing/spending this kind of money in anything else other than a house, but it is worth more than my house now! So, I am still learning.

But, along the way, the number #1 rule I have learned is DDD. DO YOUR DUE DILLIGENCE & DIVERSIFY your holdings. Number #2 rule, don't believe everything you read. Number #3 rule, don't invest what you can't afford to lose. Number 4 rule, what is my time horizon? Number #5 rule, what is the stock or funds time horizon?

So, you are presenting a somewhat difficult question for us, here, other than advising you to continue to chat with your brokerage service for advice from a "fiduciary" advisor, as they are trained to teach and be objective. I would also recommend the AAII as a solid source of information: American Association of Individual Investors.

Hope this information helps you think about a few things that will become important the longer you are in the game!

Cheers!

• Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, climber7 said:

so as I mentioned before this is the very first stock I’ve ever bought and I know very little about the stock market and how it works. The next question I have is how do you know when to sell? I’m thinking to myself I could be at work and the stock could drop at 2 o’clock in the afternoon and I have no idea because I’m working. If it drops then it’s too late for me correct?

So how do I know when to finally cash out? Will everyone be on the boards here discussing it?

As for your AMC stock, it looks more like a long term investment by the recent leadership moves, so this will be an interesting ride.

Keep an eye on discussions about the squeeze as that is a couple of weeks away. Possibly around June 16-18. I will definitely not be selling any of these this month, for sure. So, even if it drops a little or a lot, I will HODL.

Cool head = diamond hands 💎🖐️

Cheers!

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

1 hour ago, bkeiller said:

Bought another couple of hundred AMC bananas, this morning! 

Dollar Cost Average (DCA) = $24.

HODLing x415.

🦍🦾🌎🚀🌙

I get smiles all over my face when I read these posts! Loving it!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, climber7 said:

First of all, Congratulations and welcome to Ape Nation!!! So glad you're in!!

I don't know who you bought it through but you should be able to set up price alerts that will notify you when it hits it on your cell phone if you've set that up with your account. And you can do gradual price increases.

100, 1000, 5000, 10,000, 25,000 etc....That way you won't miss any rise in action.

Thirdly, this MOASS is going to be a several day to several weeks thing. It could go up to 10,000, drop to 2,000 and run back up to 25,000 bouncing like that all the way to 500,000 or more. 

Fourthly, YES! We will all be on here cheering it on. Encouraging each other to hold and having the most rip(No pun intended) roaring good time the world has ever known.

You are in great company. No Ape left behind!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2

6 hours ago, keylime said:

No. These were shares already owned by the AMC Corp. It basically just changed institutional hands. Our ownership of the float didn't change. This sale didn't add new shares to the float but it did significantly raise the value of the stock in the eyes of Wallstreet, other institutional investors, and Whales.

An awesome move by CEO Adam Aron

Did you see that Mudrick Capital already dumped ALL of those shares this more at around a $5 profit citing that AMC was overvalued what a bunch of clueless idiots..lol...unfortunately not sure how many of these now 8.5 million shares yes you read that right 8.5 million shares were now dumped into the market or hedgefunds hands somehow?? Anyone have any thoughts or where this huge amount of shares wound up when they sold the ALL??

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

Did you see that Mudrick Capital already dumped ALL of those shares this more at around a $5 profit citing that AMC was overvalued what a bunch of clueless idiots..lol...unfortunately not sure how many of these now 8.5 million shares yes you read that right 8.5 million shares were now dumped into the market or hedgefunds hands somehow?? Anyone have any thoughts or where this huge amount of shares wound up when they sold the ALL??

So they made 42.5 million in a matter of hours? Not a bad days work lol. Thanks for all the info you guys are sharing on here. At least I kinda know what's going on thanks to you guys. Now we know why the price dropped suddenly today after a rocket start. With that said, the price is still up!

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

FAR BE IT FROM ME, I am not a stock market guy by any sense of the word. But I do have the ability to actually watch the live feed on my phone as I work. It amazes me that they do the same thing with the stock market as they do in the Silver market. You can actually watch the hedge funds shorting the stock in real time. This got me to thinking, are these people stupid or what? The Reddit boys and the Wallstreet Bets crowd have a proven record of not quitting. So why not take the hit and save your Hedge fund rather than go down with a sinking ship? 

Maybe that's what happened. :shrug:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, eunola said:

So they made 42.5 million in a matter of hours? Not a bad days work lol. Thanks for all the info you guys are sharing on here. At least I kinda know what's going on thanks to you guys. Now we know why the price dropped suddenly today after a rocket start. With that said, the price is still up!

No something is really fishy about this trade it’s TOTAL BS!! Either they played the CEO Adam for a fool for him to give up those shares which they did make money by selling but this company dumped the entire stock purchase in what One Hour this morning to make that 40 million citing the stock is overvalued this total BS!! I can’t wait to hear the explanation on this and I hope Adam the CEO comes out and says something by condemning this BS nonsense!! Again he was either played for as a fool it looks like to me and a CEO should know better then this!! This is really disappointing as my guess is when they sold all these shares it has either wound up in the Float now or wound up with some huge hedgefund which is not good news no matter what the stock price is currently IMO!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dinarrock said:

No something is really fishy about this trade it’s TOTAL BS!! Either they played the CEO Adam for a fool for him to give up those shares which they did make money by selling but this company dumped the entire stock purchase in what One Hour this morning to make that 40 million citing the stock is overvalued this total BS!! I can’t wait to hear the explanation on this and I hope Adam the CEO comes out and says something by condemning this BS nonsense!! Again he was either played for as a fool it looks like to me and a CEO should know better then this!! This is really disappointing as my guess is when they sold all these shares it has either wound up in the Float now or wound up with some huge hedgefund which is not good news no matter what the stock price is currently IMO!!!

That's what I was thinking too @Dinarrock. I think you are spot on with what just happened. Sounds like some back room deals were made to free up some of the stock for the hedge funds doesn't it? Maybe we are both wrong, but it sure smells bad.

• Upvote 1

Just to add again I think Adam the CEO screwed us and delayed this squeeze personally! He would have been better off selling these shares in the open market so they could end up in apes hands! The consensus on what I am reading on Reddit is all these shares just ended up in the hedgefunds hands which allowed them to cover their short or synthetic shares at a much cheaper price!! At the end of the day it does actually screw the retail investor it seems so thank you Adam! Again he had to know also that Citadel partially owns Mudrick Capital or they are connected in someway what an idiot move Adam!! Thanks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bkeiller said:

Might be fishy!?  But, Matt Khors appears to have a handle on this, see vid.

Good video and yes he even show how easy it is to find the connection with Citadel and Mudrick Capital so again I am really surprised at Adam the CEO of AMC would allow them to do this he knew 100% so it was a pure BS move!! He would have been better off just doing another Capital raise the stock would have stayed the same price as what Mudrick Capital did after they dumped All 8.5 million shares!! So looks like to me good ole Adam has taken a kick back from one ore more of these hedgefunds to help them out which again is total BS! Hope I am wrong but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck it’s a dam duck period!! Again just sad to see and this move may delay the squeeze a little but hopefully not by much!! I for one who planned on buying AMC again after the squeeze to help the company and prop up their stock price this BS move by Adam really has me thinking that I too may just dump all of my shares and not buy back in, guess we shall see!! Thanks Adam for being loyal to your retail investors yes those daily hard working people who SAVED your company you Putz!!! Oh and currently AMC is trading after hours at $38.30 now even with these bonehead moves by the CEO! Adam you not only cost your company money in less then 24 hours looks like you will be losing a lot of loyalty afterwards genius!!! 

Edited by Dinarrock
  • Upvote 4