Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Democrats Are Walking Right Into Trump's Trap, NYT Implies Trump Wants The Impeachment Fight

12 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

THIS IS From 2007, so if God put him there and you despise him, whom do you serve?

The gatekeeper of New York beingLady Liberty, a symbol of hope for the oppressed of all walks of life....not so much the gatekeeper of the Miss America Pageant, adultery, gambling or college scamming.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

The gatekeeper of New York beingLady Liberty, a symbol of hope for the oppressed of all walks of life....not so much the gatekeeper of the Miss America Pageant, adultery, gambling or college scamming.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

You Really should listen to the whole video. He's not describing a Saint coming into office. And I fail to understand what a statue has to do with this. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You Really should listen to the whole video. He's not describing a Saint coming into office. And I fail to understand what a statue has to do with this. 

If you don't see anything more than a statue then you have no idea what this country is all about......Isolationism will never win, deal with it.

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Hahahaha, you always say that.  You get that right out of Trump's playbook?  If you say it over and over it must be true?  :facepalm:  .....You seem to be on a mission this morning in tweetville....feeling the squeeze like Donald, eh?

GO RV, then BV

Then stay in the debate rather than toss out your sarcasm. 

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

If you don't see anything more than a statue then you have no idea what this country is all about......Isolationism will never win, deal with it.

GO RV, then BV

I know what She represents, but I don't know how that fits into the discussion. 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I know what She represents, but I don't know how that fits into the discussion. 

The "Gatekeeper" of New York and subsequently this entire country resides on a pedestal (that your side wants to change the wording on) in the harbor, not in the penthouse of Trump Tower.

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

The "Gatekeeper" of New York and subsequently this entire country resides on a pedestal (that your side wants to change the wording on) in the harbor, not in the penthouse of Trump Tower.

GO RV, then BV

Then the illegals need to start coming in the front gate rather than jumping the back fence.

Sidenote: Who wants the wording changed and to what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Then the illegals need to start coming in the front gate rather than jumping the back fence.

Sidenote: Who wants the wording changed and to what?

Cuccinelli rewrites Statue of Liberty poem to make case for limiting immigration

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/13/politics/ken-cuccinelli-statue-of-liberty/index.html

Whether Cuccinelli really wants to change it or not is irrelevant.....He said it, therefore Donald and the gang are thinking it.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

The New Colossus" is a sonnet by American poet Emma Lazarus (1849–1887). She wrote the poem in 1883 to raise money for the construction of a pedestal for the Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World).[2] In 1903, the poem was cast onto a bronze plaque and mounted inside the pedestal's lower level.

This poem was not an original part of the statue. It has NO relation with what the French were conveying when they gave her to us. Furthermore, it in no way condones illegal immigrants. 

Liberty stands for...

The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World; French: La Liberté éclairant le monde)

She was completed on....

The statue was dedicated on October 28, 1886.

A full 17 years AFTER her dedication. She represents LIBERTY for the world, which is why she is facing out to sea.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Well at least we now know why John Kelly left... And it looks like right after he left, the staff couldn't control Don the con.

• White House staff used to "babysit" President Donald Trump's phone calls with foreign leaders because he was often so unprepared for the conversations, a source familiar with how calls to foreign leaders were handled under former White House chief of staff John Kelly told CNN.
  • Kelly left the White House in December 2018. The source said that Kelly would often mute Trump's phone calls so people in the room could guide him because he was known to sometimes go off "on random tangents" with foreign leaders.
  • A Trump phone call is at the center of a whistleblower complaint filed last month, which has since triggered a formal impeachment inquiry.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

President Donald Trump was so frequently unprepared for conversations with world leaders that White House staff needed to sit in on his conversations to make sure Trump didn't say anything inappropriate, CNN reported. 

A source familiar with how calls to foreign leaders were handled under former White House chief of staff John Kelly told CNN that several staff members would coach the president during his phone calls in order to avoid any diplomatic gaffes.

"Kelly always wanted a bunch of us to be there in the Oval (Office) ... to just babysit on these calls," the source said.

In the past, officials from the US National Security Council would brief the president before a call, and then sit with the president in the Oval Office during a call, according to the BBC. Other officials in separate parts of the White House will also listen in on conversations and take notes, known as a "memorandum of telephone conversation," which would often be combined with automated computer transcriptions.

During the Trump presidency, the White House began to limit the number of people allowed to listen in on Trump's phone calls after transcripts of Trump's calls with the leaders of Mexico and Australia were leaked, according to The New York Times. According to CNN, the current policy typically allows four officials to listen in to calls with foreign leaders, "and include the national security adviser, the National Security Council director and deputy director for that region."

Read more: Trump is facing the biggest firestorm of his presidency because his own staffers blew the whistle on him

A source told CNN that prior to Kelly leaving the White House in December 2018, he would often hit "mute" on the call so people in the room could guide him, as he was known to sometimes go off "on random tangents" with foreign leaders.

"We were there to coach him in real-time because he was so impervious to coaching ahead of time," the source told CNN.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider.

A Trump phone call is at the center of a whistleblower complaint filed last month, which has since triggered a formal impeachment inquiry.

An unnamed intelligence official lodged a complaint in August regarding a July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, saying that he was deeply troubled by a phone call Trump had with a foreign leader, particularly "a promise" Trump made.

The Intelligence Community Inspector General, Michael Atkinson, deemed it "credible" and of "urgent concern," and passed the complaint on to acting Director of National Intelligence, Joseph Maguire. 

The complaint, which was declassified last week, alleged that Trump pressured Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden. The White House last week also released a memo about the call, which appeared to confirm that Trump pressed Zelensky to open an investigation into corruption allegations against former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

US House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff said on Sunday that Congress is determined to get access to Donald Trump's calls with Russian President Vladimir Putin and other world leaders. 

"I think the paramount need here is to protect the national security of the United States and see whether in the conversations with other world leaders — and in particular with Putin — that the president was also undermining our security in a way that he thought would personally benefit his campaign," Schiff said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-staff-reportedly-needed-063748000.html

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

The New Colossus" is a sonnet by American poet Emma Lazarus (1849–1887). She wrote the poem in 1883 to raise money for the construction of a pedestal for the Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World).[2] In 1903, the poem was cast onto a bronze plaque and mounted inside the pedestal's lower level.

This poem was not an original part of the statue. It has NO relation with what the French were conveying when they gave her to us. Furthermore, it in no way condones illegal immigrants. 

Liberty stands for...

The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World; French: La Liberté éclairant le monde)

She was completed on....

The statue was dedicated on October 28, 1886.

A full 17 years AFTER her dedication. She represents LIBERTY for the world, which is why she is facing out to sea.

She wrote a beautiful poem  which , when I happened to read it many years ago I thought ...."That represents the true spirit of this fantastic Country!!!!!"...Loved it......

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:
  • White House staff used to "babysit" President Donald Trump's phone calls with foreign leaders because he was often so unprepared for the conversations, a source familiar with how calls to foreign leaders were handled under former White House chief of staff John Kelly told CNN.
  • Kelly left the White House in December 2018. The source said that Kelly would often mute Trump's phone calls so people in the room could guide him because he was known to sometimes go off "on random tangents" with foreign leaders.
  • A Trump phone call is at the center of a whistleblower complaint filed last month, which has since triggered a formal impeachment inquiry.

"A source" said......who's the source......Howdy Duty......Peter Pan.....Gilligan......Gomer.........?

Why do you even post this delusional fiction?......it's beneath your capricious abilities.....CL

• Upvote 1

Just now, coorslite21 said:

"A source" said......who's the source......Howdy Duty......Peter Pan.....Gilligan......Gomer.........?

Why do you even post this delusional fiction?......it's beneath your capricious abilities.....CL

I'm sure the source is one of HIS people... It usually is... I don't think he could manage a McDonald's the way his staff keeps quitting on him. How are his followers going to feel when he is gone? Who will they blame, The Deep State, the media or the pizza guy in D.C.? I won't be surprised as his numbers continue to fall, that we don't end up in a war/conflict as his last ditch effort to save his presidency.

B/A 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I'm sure the source is one of HIS people... It usually is... I don't think he could manage a McDonald's the way his staff keeps quitting on him. How are his followers going to feel when he is gone? Who will they blame, The Deep State, the media or the pizza guy in D.C.? I won't be surprised as his numbers continue to fall, that we don't end up in a war/conflict as his last ditch effort to save his presidency.

B/A 

More delusion.....you must be sad much of the time......

CL

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

More delusion.....you must be sad much of the time......

CL

Nope, I'm one of the happiest people you'll meet. I'm just tired of a president who lies and spews conspiracy and defending myself against a bunch of people who refuse to see that Trump and his cabinet of billionaires are out for themselves just like every other group of politicians. I'm tired of people trying to convince me this guy is different. He's not. He has increased spending and thus the debt. He has filled the swamp with greedy individuals who's agenda is self enrichment. He lies about the most petty and meaningless things, which means if he lies about nothing he will lie about everything. I'm tired of a government which accomplishes nothing. I don't want to pay for corporate welfare. I don't want to bailout farmers when before this administration they were making bank. I don't want to pay for a medieval technology. I don't to have a president who takes the word of Putin over our own people. I don't want a president who thinks Kim is a nice guy, or who sucks up the Saudi family for their own personal gain. I don't want a president who thinks he is a Mafia Don. I don't want a president who hires his under-experienced daughter and husband to oversee our national security and policies.

I'm not a sad person at all, I'm just a guy who thinks America can do better. It's a shame more people don't put country before party.

And the only delusion I see is by people who think Trump is going to be here in a year. Now that's delusional.

B/A 

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1