Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Melania Trump Spent $174,000 on Hotels During a Trip to Canada. She Didn't Stay Overnight

During a day trip to Toronto last year, Melania Trump spent about $174,000 in hotel bills, Quartz reported.

Though the First Lady did not spend the night, federal spending records show six separate hotel charges that added up to eight times what it cost to house the team who traveled with her, the news source reported.

Trump’s schedule on Sept. 23, 2017, showed that the trip spanned about 12 hours: She arrived in Toronto around noon, met with Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau around 6:30 p.m., and left just after midnight, Quartz reported.

White House representatives did not immediately return Fortune’s request for comment.

The high-priced trip isn’t the first time Melania Trump has been scrutinized for spending tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars on hotels she didn’t sleep in.

Earlier this month, Quartz reported that during an October trip to Cairo, the first lady racked up $95,000 in hotel charges. She stayed for six hours and didn’t stay the night then, either, the news agency reports.

President Donald Trump and his family have been criticized for their spending, including many weekend getaways for the president. In his first 80 days, Donald Trump spent $20 million on travel, a trend that put him on track to outspend his predecessor’s eight-year travel budget in one year. In the first six months of Trump’s presidency, Melania Trump remained in New York while their son Barron finished school, which led to more than $675,000 spent on Air Force One tr

http://fortune.com/2018/11/16/melania-trump-hotel-bill-canada/

Wow! Just wow!

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Melania Trump feels demonized by the press after news of her $174,000 hotel room stay in Toronto. A source close to the first lady told HL EXCLUSIVELY that she feels ‘singled out.’

Melania Trump spent an exorbitant $174,000 in one day at a Toronto hotel last year. A source close to Melania told HollywoodLife EXCLUSIVELY that she feels that the criticism she’s receiving is extremely unfair. “Melania is catching all this heat for her recent trip expenses, and she believes it’s just yet another example of how she is unfairly singled out and bullied by the mainstream media,” a source told us. “To read some of the news items and opinion pieces, you would think that Melania is responsible for booking the trips herself, as she’s the one coming under fire and being held up as an example of excessive spending. Melania has nothing to do with the ins and outs of her travel arrangements though, aside from discussing with her advisers which hotels would be the best option for her while she is working. Aside from that though, everything is handled by a specialized team.” It’s worth noting that “additional costs for the advance team added up to $18,000,” according to Quartz.

Despite the recent reports, Melania feels like the full amount is not her doing alone. “Also, many of the headlines on these news items seem to imply the cost relates to just Melania’s expenses alone, which is obviously ludicrous,” our source went on to say. “There’s a whole security team involved, both before Melania travels, and during any trips she takes. Melania carries out all of her work-related duties very conscientiously, and she certainly doesn’t indulge in any lavish spending of any kind, but she’s still the main focus of these stories and the implication is that she is somehow to blame for the overall cost.”

Melania feels, just like her recent trip abroad, that she’s been unduly skewered by the media. “Once again, it’s another example of how unfairly Melania is treated by many of the major press outlets, who seem to go out of their way to try and create a scandal when there really is none,” our source added. “You can’t help noticing how differently all the other First Ladies were treated by the main stream media, and it’s clear Melania is unfairly held under a microscope and her every move analyzed.”

https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/11/17/melania-trump-feels-blamed-toronto-hotel-room-spending/

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 7

I think before u jump off that one sided thinking bridge you might want to google your girlfriend Michelle's spending habits. Not to mention the nearly 15k a day in cosmetics in order to make her somewhat presentable. The left thinks it's all ok if they do exactly what they pretend to be aghast about - smh

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

I think before u jump off that one sided thinking bridge you might want to google your girlfriend Michelle's spending habits. Not to mention the nearly 15k a day in cosmetics in order to make her somewhat presentable. The left thinks it's all ok if they do exactly what they pretend to be aghast about - smh

Just in case I looked up a couple articles on the obama's spending.....Now bare in mind the American People are still on the hook for a lot of obama's expenses still and many for the rest of their lives.

https://www.newsmax.com/tomfitton/national-debt-travel/2015/08/24/id/671575/

https://www.opslens.com/2017/08/03/the-true-cost-of-obamas-lavish-life-while-at-the-white-house/

Then also bare in mind that POTUS Trump Donates his Presidential Salary to various charities rather than keeping it........As I recall both of the obama's though michele should have received quite a healthy salary for the work she was doing all the while No Other FLOTUS has ever been paid a dime.

Also bare in mind no one really know what clothes Donald J trump didn't buy for Melania before he became President.

Just sayin.......

Karsten

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

***///

Right on, KARSTEN & CAZ ---

Seems we recall MOOCHelle stickin' it to US Taxpayers hard.... repeatedly.

Running around like Hollyweird royalty with her entourage of sometimes up to 200 friends

& family all on our dime.

That She-Man is still sticking it to US....

We'd be much happier not providing ANY security to her & that kommie tool she claims is

her husband -- but is only her beard.

Between them & the Klintons, we were robbed blind.

KILLary just HAD to take our nice china, among other things she NEVER returned....

ho'bummer's really stuck it to US doing a huge "Wealth Re-Distribution" racket to enrich all their

cronies & pals called "SOLYNDRA".... 

... 174k....?    Girlfriend probably carries more than that around in her wallet...

Her man got mad money.

Unlike the demonrats - who never really ever have it until they get into office & steal it.

Just look at crazy Aunt Maxine -- she & her family are stealing MILLIONS & living large for

a buncha poor mouths who never had a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of....!

Now, that walkin' cadaver Pelosi's man had 'some' money -- then SHE got elected & man, oh, man are

they both now rollin' in it !

Can you say "sweet-heart deals"...?

And that corpse loves flyin' home to that toilet San Francisco every weekend - 

sucking up expensive Scotch with all her friends gettin' a free ride  - jet fuel & booze - ALL ON OUR DIME.

Of course they don't wanna lose her as Speaker --

they'll lose that Taxpayer Taxi service they're abusing & all that FREE Happy Hour we're payin' for !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I be thinkin B/A or Shabs isn't gonna be come back to this fight any time soon....Sgt, you Gals got this one. I will just go find my Rattle Battle Vest and dust it off....Make sure I can still hump 16 30's plus a couple and the Kabar is Sharp....Might have to tone it back to 16 20's just I can pack water and some treats....This sholdn't make more than a few hours and I am sure we will be home by dark....you wont need the NV .....I seem to remember that from way back when. Modern day Skinnies are different.

Karsten

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Again the Trumpkin parade goes on the attack for a simple news article... Truth really does hurt the delusional. I'm sorry that you didn't like it, but it is what it is...  My "Wow. Just wow" comment was really about the president's travel... Wow... For a guy who will never take a vacation, pretty nice... Promises made, promises broken. 

In his first 80 days, Donald Trump spent $20 million on travel, a trend that put him on track to outspend his predecessor’s eight-year travel budget in one year.

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Maybe I am wrong on this, but anytime the Prez travels it is an expense to us the taxpayer. If that is indeed the case, then much of Trump's travel expenses were for him doing what most Presidents never or very seldom did and that is hit the road hard campaigning for his party to try and maintain a majority in one or both houses of Congress to keep his agenda moving forward. And based on his first 2 years performance (compared to all Presidents in my lifetime except Reagan) I would say I have NO PROBLEM with this expenses. Better than taking up the whole hotel in Mumbai for a visit, or flying AF One up to the Vineyard or Hawaii and the having Mochelle fly AF Two up there with the dog for the holidays. JMHO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

And based on his first 2 years performance (compared to all Presidents in my lifetime except Reagan) I would say I have NO PROBLEM with this expenses. .

I wish my 401k would agree with your assessment, dawg.  ;)  Donald demands the credit when the markets winning....he also gets the credit when it's tanking.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

15 hours ago, Karsten said:

Just in case I looked up a couple articles on the obama's spending.....Now bare in mind the American People are still on the hook for a lot of obama's expenses still and many for the rest of their lives.

14 hours ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

Right on, KARSTEN & CAZ ---

12 hours ago, Karsten said:

I be thinkin B/A or Shabs isn't gonna be come back to this fight any time soon....Sgt, you Gals got this one.

WOWZERS!!!

Looks like the Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members Of The Snowflake And Buttercup Idiot Brigade have been VERY busy doling out Red Ruby Citations as Badges Of Honor for "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power"!!!

I concur with You Three AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:bravo:       :bravo:       :bravo:

(But, Hey, I gave You purple trophies. I hope You don't mind!!!)

:lmao:                  :lmao:                  :lmao:

Question:    How many Liberals does one need to Play Chess with?

Answer:       Only One. YES!!! ONLY One!!! But the Liberal Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiot" Stool Pigeon HAS to be a REALLY "Fast" AND REALLY "Deep Preening" Stool Pigeon!!!

Wait For IT....................................................................................

Wait For IT....................................................................................

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members Of The Snowflake And Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces IN ADVANCE for ALL The Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For ME For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power"!!!

YOU Go, GIRLS!!!

:bravo:       :bravo:       :bravo:

:backflip:               :backflip:               :backflip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

He wanted you to insult Conservatives???? Or imply they are not intelligent??? 

He/she wanted to insult me, while getting conservatives to thank him/her for it.  ;)  Rinse, repeat....he/she has been doing the same thing for over a year.

GO RV, then BV 

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Thanks for the insult.

1 hour ago, nstoolman1 said:

He wanted you to insult Conservatives???? Or imply they are not intelligent??? 

1 hour ago, nstoolman1 said:

And you fell for it??? 

Ah, NSToolMan1, the Poor Guy You are ATTEMPTING to play a RESPECTABLE Game Of Chess with KNOWS ONLY to knock the Chess Pieces over and personally "bio coat" evcerything with the Standard AND Typical PSBS AND THEN "strut around" Victorious (yeah, right).

The Poor Guy is an oddity Conflicting Necessary Ideals with ACTUAL Intelligence. For WHAT Reason? Seems like a Peaceable, Desirable,  AND Sustainable Harmony would be experienced AND Enjoyed by facilitating the Necessry Ideals with Intelligence instead of impetuously broadcasting the PSBS at the slightest "personal indignity".

NOBLE Endeavor At Least, NSToolMan1, AND Happy Thanksgiving To You And Your Family!!!

Yep, AND Happy Thanksgiving to the Poor Guy And His Family, TOO!!!

• Thanks 3