Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Region: Joint Committee will soon begin to resolve the differences between Erbil and Baghdad

yota691

Kurdistan

Kurdistan's KDP, PUK sign final deal on government formation, end gridlock

14 minutes ago

Kurdistan's KDP, PUK sign final deal on government formation, end gridlock

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – The Kurdistan Region’s top parties, the KDP, and the PUK, signed a final deal on the government formation to end the gridlock on ministerial posts.

Updates to follow...

Edited by 6ly410
  • Upvote 4

2019/05/05 17:13

National Union and Democratic agree on the formation of the provincial government

BAGHDAD / The obelisk: The PUK, the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Kurdish Change Movement agreed on Sunday, May 5, 2019, to form the Kurdistan Regional Government.

"The parties have reached a final agreement on power sharing and the formation of the government in the region," Hoshyar Zebari said in his blog post on Twitter.

A delegation from the Kurdistan Democratic Party led by the party's deputy chairman, Nechirvan Barzani, had visited the city of Sulaymaniyah today to agree on the final formation of the provincial government.

Edited by 6ly410
  • Upvote 2

When baghdad came to Kurdistan with high profile delegations(finance, trade, govt of CBI)..they were there to sign all the issues bet 2 govts...this whole thing was just waiting on the whole Kurdistan to form a new govt...Now that we have this news....everyone should be so happy now. Let's go dvers...Cheers 

• Upvote 4

AS we wait for this to unfold, I am reminded of the clicking sound the roller coaster makes as it is being pulled up to the top of the first big drop. 

Not trying to be negative cause this is great news but, I as well as many others here, have been on this ride far too long to think this is gonna be the catalyst that makes it pop.

Sit back, enjoy Ramadan and let's see what happens towards the end of May and into June. I did read an article here that stated that the exchange rate would be liberalized by the end of the second legislative session, which started on March 2 and is around 105 days long.

I'm seeing a window between now and the middle to end of June.

Thanks for all of the positive articles DV and good morning to all.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to Region: Joint Committee will soon begin to resolve the differences between Erbil and Baghdad
  • TexasGranny locked this topic