Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Emaar UAE: Investment of 17 billion dirhams in Iraq is under study

yota691

2519.jpg

Economy News Baghdad: 

Emaar Properties, listed on Dubai Financial Market, has confirmed the news in the media about its $ 17 billion investment in Baghdad, according to a press release.

The company is currently evaluating new projects at the local and regional levels.

The company said it would provide necessary disclosures to the financial market if the Board of Directors approves any major new investments.

The Iraqi Minister of Industry and Minerals said that Emaar plans to build a residential city in central Baghdad at a cost of $ 17 billion.

Mohammed Shayya al-Sudani, according to the newspaper Al-Bayan UAE, during the meeting of investment UAE-Iraq, the project includes 70 thousand housing units and villas in Iraq.

Emaar was down 0.68% at AED 8.74, with a volume of 1.2 million shares, valued at AED 10.55 million.

Established in 1997, Emaar Properties operates in six global markets in six sectors with 60 active companies and has presence in 36 markets in the Middle East, North Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.

Views 3   Date Added 09/24/2017

• Upvote 4

Oh, Oh folks, I made an error (imagine that).

Sorry, the math should be 17 billion AED / (3.6734 AED/USD) = 4.63 Billion USD.

PLEASE CONSIDER THE REMAINDER OF THE POST AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY - ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, OK, I am going off the title of the article stating 17 BILLION Dirhams and not 17 billion USD as the text of the article implies.

In my opinion, folks, this is some serious chunk of investment with17 billion Emirati Dirham so 17 billion AED x 3.6734 USD/AED = a whopping 62.45 BILLION USD

Smokin'!!! :backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

:cigar:   :cigar:   :cigar:

Hey, and what is this small potatoe's bi'ness about 5.4 billion USD in Gubmint Loans???!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......................................?????????????!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, it is all about the investment monies. To me, this indicates the threshold of "international" and all that implies for Iraq - if not already there. Who would invest this chunk of change in an insecure investment venue with a financially sanctioned country? No mo sanctions on Iraq or what???!!!

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=AED

XE Currency Converter: USD to AED

1 USD =3.67340AED
US Dollar1 USD = 3.67340 AED
Emirati Dirham1 AED = 0.272228 USD
2017-09-24 21:58 UTCAll figures are based on live mid-market rates. These rates are not available to consumer clients.
  AMOUNTConvert

Go, Go, Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY)!!!
:pirateship:   :pirateship:   :pirateship:
Edited by Synopsis
Idiot Error By Poster - Sorry
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Well, OK, I am going off the title of the article stating 17 BILLION Dirhams and not 17 billion USD as the text of the article implies.

In my opinion, folks, this is some serious chunk of investment with17 billion Emirati Dirham so 17 billion AED x 3.6734 USD/AED = a whopping 62.45 BILLION USD

Smokin'!!! :backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

:cigar:   :cigar:   :cigar:

Hey, and what is this small potatoe's bi'ness about 5.4 billion USD in Gubmint Loans???!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......................................?????????????!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, it is all about the investment monies. To me, this indicates the threshold of "international" and all that implies for Iraq - if not already there. Who would invest this chunk of change in an insecure investment venue with a financially sanctioned country? No mo sanctions on Iraq or what???!!!

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=AED

XE Currency Converter: USD to AED

1 USD =3.67340AED
US Dollar1 USD = 3.67340 AED
Emirati Dirham1 AED = 0.272228 USD
2017-09-24 21:58 UTCAll figures are based on live mid-market rates. These rates are not available to consumer clients.
  AMOUNTConvert

Go, Go, Go Moola Nova (YEAH, BABY)!!!
:pirateship:   :pirateship:   :pirateship:

I tried to invest that

i wrote a chque

well it bounced

no deal for Davis 

• Upvote 2

Just now, davis411 said:

I tried to invest that

i wrote a chque

well it bounced

no deal for Davis 

No Worries, Davis411!!! With Your soon to be elected position as Pres'dent with all kinds of "investment capital" You won't be plagued no mo by pesky bouncing checks!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 3

Iraq expects UAE investments worth 17 billion dirhams

25/9/2017 12:00 am 

Dubai

Emaar Properties (EMAAR), listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM), confirmed the news in the media about its investment of AED 17 billion in Baghdad, according to a press release.

The company said in a statement on the market site, Sunday, that it is constantly evaluating new projects at the local  
and regional levels. 
The company noted that it will provide necessary disclosures to the financial market if the Board of Directors approves any 
major new investments  . 
The Minister of Industry and Minerals, Mohamed Shi'a Sudanese, noted that Emaar intends to build a residential city in central Baghdad, at a cost of 17 billion dirhams. 
The Sudanese, according to UAE media, during the UAE-Iraq Investment Forum, that the project includes 70 thousand housing units and villas in  
Iraq. 
Emaar fell 0.68 percent to 8.74 dirhams, with 1.2 million shares, worth AED 10.55 million  
Established in 1997, Emaar Properties operates in six international markets in six sectors through 60 active companies and has presence in 36 markets in the Middle East, North Africa, Asia, Europe and the United States.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

No sorties Synopsis had everyone moving.   :lol:

Yeah, Chuck Finley, that money figure in that headline had me moving to figure out what was going on! I shoulda moved more on checking my math first before submitting.

57 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

:lol:

Yep, PokerPlayer! Hopefully the laugh was a good one!

52 minutes ago, Freedomwish said:

I'll have whatever Synopsis is having, yup! :bravo::cheesehead:

Yep, FreedomWish! I should have been having something! Maybe I'd a slowed down enough to relax and make it right!

The Best Of Your Weekend To You, Chuck Finley, PokerPlayer, Freedomwish, and All DV! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2