Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN Looks To Tackle Financial Dispute Between Erbil and Baghdad

yota691

UN Looks To Tackle Financial Dispute Between Erbil and Baghdad
UN representative requests information about the Kurdistan financial crisis

26.03.2015  11:11
IMG_2050-650x320-650x320.jpg
Relations between Erbil and Baghdad has weaken over the last...

ERBIL

The United Nations (UN) is attempting to address the financial issues between the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and Iraqi federal government.

It also has asked the KRG Ministry of Finance to provide information about the scale of the KRG’s financial problems.

On Wednesday, UN economic advisor and special representative of the UN Secretary General for Iraq Ashraf Abdua’al visited Erbil, capital of the Kurdistan Region.

During his visit he met with KRG Finance and Economy Minister Rebaz Hamlan to get an idea of the size of the problems facing the Kurdistan Region and discussed the impact of the shortfall on the region.

According to an announcement by the ministry, Abdul’al told Hamlan that they are attempting to resolve the financial dispute between Erbil and Baghdad.

Abdul’al said that in the coming days, they will discuss the situation the officials from the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF), and set out the financial needs of the Kurdistan Region.

For over a year the Kurdistan Region has been experiencing financial difficulties because the Baghdad government has been failing to deliver the KRG’s budget share and the salary of KRG employees.

• Upvote 4

WOW

The United Nations really needs to get their priorities straight! Iraq has the world's worst terrorist organization killing, raping & looting across two several Middle Eastern countries and now expanding into Africa & you think you need to settle a finical problem between two regions in Iraq?

I dont think there is a problem between the federal goverment and kurdistan region.

The federal goverment is sending 500 billions dinar or $429 millions dollar to the kurdistan region because of the HCL agreement.

sharing is caring.!

• Upvote 1

WOW

The United Nations really needs to get their priorities straight! Iraq has the world's worst terrorist organization killing, raping & looting across two several Middle Eastern countries and now expanding into Africa & you think you need to settle a finical problem between two regions in Iraq?

Good question.....isn't the what the UN "Peacekeepers" are all about?

Thanks Yota....This's a way to check and balance and to make sure the issues pending are inline and everybody's on the same page....Just another detail that was stated by an ''X'' member...''When the time's close for this to happen it'll be hard to miss the signs indicating the inevitable''....

• Upvote 2

Thanks Yota....This's a way to check and balance and to make sure the issues pending are inline and everybody's on the same page....Just another detail that was stated by an ''X'' member...''When the time's close for this to happen it'll be hard to miss the signs indicating the inevitable''....

Sounds good to me Dog,I need a vacation,a very long vacation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I hear ya Fred...Looks like a bunch of the non-analytic members are inline with a vacation...Your more than welcome to belly-up to the bar with the rest of us....

Dog I'm sure it's going to be one hell of a party if and when this ride ever ends,I'll be somewhere having cocktails and if I'm lucky I'll catch a big Marlin,I've catch a few tuna in Massachusetts but I'm going where the water is clear and blue,hopefully it's almost time to ride off into the sunset,least we hope so.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Roger that ''waterman13''....''Fred'' my son's a marine diesel mechanic and he's keepin' an eye out on a couple Catamarans on the market....When this thing goes down, hopefully we can hook up and sail around the Gulf with Captain Morgan....

Roger that ''waterman13''....''Fred'' my son's a marine diesel mechanic and he's keepin' an eye out on a couple Catamarans on the market....When this thing goes down, hopefully we can hook up and sail around the Gulf with Captain Morgan....

What Gulf?

• Upvote 1

That be the Gulf of Mexico...I made it a point to do most of my ''Bucket List'' dives (PADI) around exotic island while I did my tours in the ME...I intentionally excluded the Gulf of Mexico for this very reason...Dewitt I'd like to extend an invite to jump aboard anytime....

***///

The UN is the HQ, Head Office of the global menace who stands to profit the most...

Iraq is their next cash cow.... their next intended victim, if you will...

Now, Iraq tried to burst forth onto the International scene as a proud, independent nation in their own right...

No can do without the 'blessing' of the greedy bankers of the world...  who made and financed the isis-menace

and sent them in to Iraq...  in other words, "we control everything, think we're kidding?  We can make your country

a living hell and will see to it we don't let up until we get our way..."

How many countries can you name who are NOT the victims of these bastards...?

The billions in loans Iraq was just forced to take from them...?  There ya go.... see?  <_< 

Until Iraq acquiesces to becoming beholden to the greedy banksters of these various UN member countries,

let's them have all the contracts, and promises to cough up everything they demand, it's a no-go.

Iraq MUST play the game.

• Upvote 1