Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just when you doubted the reduction of dinar in circulation.

Read down to line 8. This is from The CBI via The Iraqi Journal. They have reached the 4 billion dinar in circulation goal, down from 9 billion, which was down from the original 30 billion notes in circulation. Their final goal is 1 billion dinar NOTES in circulation. Boom in your face nay sayers. What did they do with the value the IQD held when it had 30 billion IQD notes in circulation? Plus a greater amount of USD competing with the IQD in country. Been stuck at 1160 per 1 USD forever. The remaining IQD notes in circulation should be what, 26 times more valuable than they are right now? I don't know. I am tired and don't want to do the math. They would be carrying a higher value of some amount if the GOI and the CBI were not manipulating their IQD ... to rebuild their infrastructure on the cheap. The flood of steps in the right direction, Iraqi politics, the recently announced plan to implement tariffs on a number of certain goods, are all building up pressure behind the damn. How much more pressure can it hold before it bursts out on its own to the GOI's detriment? After all they have done, I would hope they would want to control its release to their benefit, verses dealing with its aftermath. This investment/speculation has to increase (RV/RI) in value soon I would pray. Enjoy.

Debate over dropping zeros will take place after 2014 government takes office

Posted by Iraq News Journal on Dec 16, 2013 | Leave a Comment

Migrate project to delete the zeros to the next government

Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed the deportation of the project to delete the zeros from the national currency to Iraqi custody next year, any new government after the elections, and said that the implementation date will remain postponed until now.The MP said Abdul-Hussein al-Yasiri for «future» yesterday that the process of deletion of zeros from the national currency is supposed to begin next year, with the agreement of the central bank.

He noted that determine when to hold elections next year and the end of the age of the current state government will pay for the project automatically migrate to a new cabinet to consider its implementation and set a date to work with it. He Yasiri that this project will lead to reduce the rate of the national currency in circulation of 4 billion dinars to one billion.

The Iraqi Central Bank announced earlier that this year will see the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the national currency amid expectations of parliamentary committees to decide on the project next year, 2014, but the central bank recently returned to back down from his decision and says that the current situation is not suitable for the deletion of zeros from currency Iraq, noting that he will announce early to the public when it decided to delete it.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

they arent reducing dinar, they are adding trillions and trillions a year. and have been doing so (reporting) every year for over a decade.

yet somehow, you have the fix on the story. you cracking me up.

" boom, in your face naysayers"? hows that taste now! lol

anyone who is a naysayer, has mounds and mounds of facts to come to that point. obviously you havent researched enough to find the big dillema concerning the dinar.

but keep up the positive, i know it can, i want it to, i wish, hope, think, and pray it does. but please dont embarrass yourself thinking theirs evidence or proof iraq will astronomically revalue. there is none.

you bring in a lop article as some refence of or to, your rv theory. its hilarious.

+1 though, for the laugh.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

Sandstorm. You don't have to be nasty, or, maybe you do?

You have no idea what's going on and you will never find out the truth because they don't want you to.

This has always been in the hands of the bigger plays and OUR 2 cents worth is just that, 2 cents worth.

Others are waiting for those who carry the dollar opinions to speak. Then we will get to the truth whatever that may be.

Maybe a GRC to Bancor for every county for all we know, we are in the dark and you are in a sandstorm.

• Upvote 5

Read down to line 8. This is from The CBI via The Iraqi Journal. They have reached the 4 billion dinar in circulation goal, down from 9 billion, which was down from the original 30 billion notes in circulation. Their final goal is 1 billion dinar NOTES in circulation. Boom in your face nay sayers. What did they do with the value the IQD held when it had 30 billion IQD notes in circulation? Plus a greater amount of USD competing with the IQD in country. Been stuck at 1160 per 1 USD forever. The remaining IQD notes in circulation should be what, 26 times more valuable than they are right now? I don't know. I am tired and don't want to do the math. They would be carrying a higher value of some amount if the GOI and the CBI were not manipulating their IQD ... to rebuild their infrastructure on the cheap. The flood of steps in the right direction, Iraqi politics, the recently announced plan to implement tariffs on a number of certain goods, are all building up pressure behind the damn. How much more pressure can it hold before it bursts out on its own to the GOI's detriment? After all they have done, I would hope they would want to control its release to their benefit, verses dealing with its aftermath. This investment/speculation has to increase (RV/RI) in value soon I would pray. Enjoy.

Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed the deportation of the project to delete the zeros from the national currency to Iraqi custody next year, any new government after the elections, and said that the implementation date will remain postponed until now.The MP said Abdul-Hussein al-Yasiri for «future» yesterday that the process of deletion of zeros from the national currency is supposed to begin next year, with the agreement of the central bank.

He noted that determine when to hold elections next year and the end of the age of the current state government will pay for the project automatically migrate to a new cabinet to consider its implementation and set a date to work with it. He Yasiri that this project will lead to reduce the rate of the national currency in circulation of 4 billion dinars to one billion.

The Iraqi Central Bank announced earlier that this year will see the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the national currency amid expectations of parliamentary committees to decide on the project next year, 2014, but the central bank recently returned to back down from his decision and says that the current situation is not suitable for the deletion of zeros from currency Iraq, noting that he will announce early to the public when it decided to delete it.

I had not heard of the 9 B in circulation before, but this is good news if it's down to 4 B and the intention is to get to 1 billion. That explains a lot of the wait, if this is truly the case. I wonder if we are talking in country physical circulation - not including electronic and foreign holdings.

• Upvote 1

Currently Iraq’s money supply outside of the bank is over 30 Trillion. These numbers are available on the Central Bank of Iraq website.

Iraq’s M1 is over 70 Trillion.

Not sure where you're getting your information but it appears to be incorrect.

they arent reducing dinar, they are adding trillions and trillions a year. and have been doing so (reporting) every year for over a decade.

yet somehow, you have the fix on the story. you cracking me up.

" boom, in your face naysayers"? hows that taste now! lol

anyone who is a naysayer, has mounds and mounds of facts to come to that point. obviously you havent researched enough to find the big dillema concerning the dinar.

but keep up the positive, i know it can, i want it to, i wish, hope, think, and pray it does. but please dont embarrass yourself thinking theirs evidence or proof iraq will astronomically revalue. there is none.

you bring in a lop article as some refence of or to, your rv theory. its hilarious.

+1 though, for the laugh.

Sandstorm & Rockymtnhi and fellow Dinarians: This information IS from the CBI, a pretty good source regarding IQD issues. It is in reference to the amount of IQD notes presently in circulation not the value those notes currently hold. This is to give hope to our fellow Dinarians that this will/should RV/RI/add value to our IQD and why. It is a peek into the level of sophisticated thinking that the power brokers (not me) are using to run this thing. We need to remember this distinction, and the current position and plans the CBI has. I do not know if it includes electronic or foreign held funds. Then again I do not represent myself to be all knowing. If I was I would give the date, the initial rate, and the planned steps to add value to the IQD. Which no one outside of the inner inner tight liped circle knows. Not even Adam M. The CBI adds new notes into circulation all the time to replace the used wornout IQD. This is mere information of one more step in the right direction for those who have the ability to hear. My "research" was done yesterday, I gave a link. Where be your current research for your position? Where are your links? Rockymtnhi, you give me to much power, if my tongue in cheek "boom, in your face naysayers" comment ruffled the feathers on your boa.I am here to serve and enjoy intellectual chats regarding the hopeful increase in value to the IQD, thats all. If the information I provide is wrong I will standup and accept that. With DV the proof is in the source and link. Hope is still alive. If you wanna box, this aint the place. You sound kinda like one of Keeps alter identities, or at least the old Keep. No insult meant Keep.

• Upvote 7

Sadly if they have 4 billion notes in circulation and they are all 25000 notes, they have 100 trillion dinar in circulation. Thats not too good. We need better figures than that. Sorry.

Cooked, We have had many articles expressing the complaints of Iraqi citizens because of the torn worn out 250 Dinar notes in circulation. This should give us a pretty good idea of what is left as part of the 5 Billion. Just simple reasoning....IMO
  • Upvote 1

"This is exactly what I was attempting to bring up in another thread a few days ago. Good Job. Thanks."

Edited by slb

They're talking about a reduction of notes when the deletion of zeros takes place next year.  They intend to have fewer notes with the new currency when they re-denominate, not a reduction of the money supply with the IQD.

Wondered when the doctor would show...

Not sure of the logic here - maybe I'm wrong, but why would the CBI reduce # of notes if they plan to RD?

First of all, they would have print new ones, or phase out old high denom ones (that would reduce notes) - essentially the RD would make getting rid of the total number of physical notes irrelevant.

The great reduction would take place in the nominal value

Edited by AmericaInc
  • Upvote 2

I'm not saying that they will reduce the number of IQD notes.  I'm saying that they would have fewer notes in circulation with the new currency than the have with the IQD.  The re-denomination will result in a higher value with less money in circulation. 

Edited by doctor robbins

Sandstorm. You don't have to be nasty, or, maybe you do?

You have no idea what's going on and you will never find out the truth because they don't want you to.

This has always been in the hands of the bigger plays and OUR 2 cents worth is just that, 2 cents worth.

Others are waiting for those who carry the dollar opinions to speak. Then we will get to the truth whatever that may be.

Maybe a GRC to Bancor for every county for all we know, we are in the dark and you are in a sandstorm.

i know exactly what theyve said, and exactly what they report every single year.

you say im nasty? the original poster was trying to slam dunk peoples faces. i simply stated he obvious, documented well known data

This whole dinar thing is starting to look like one big joke. And the jokes on us :( but iam not quitting till something happens. Hey Sandstorm everyone has the right to an opinion, leave the guy alone.....peace

sure have an opinion. but when theres documented, audited facts and data posted by the cbi, its not my opinion, its the central banks data. sorry the financials and every document on earth shows otherwise. i guess i should believe okie

Sandstorm,

It's funny that LOPsters always complain about being attacked for bringing up LOP/RD articles, but as you have just shown us above this goes both ways. GO RD with MIN/NO GAIN!!!!!!!

anyone who thinks deleting zeroes is a rv, should not be in this. they are ignoring every economic principle to know to man. no one attacked anyone cazzo! except your original poster who embarrassed themselves.

seriously just keep going. this is hilarious. dont believe the cbi data. dont believe anyone, except some internet guru selling you a membership. have fun.

newyorkkevin was trying to throw nonevidence in the "naysayers" face. when he completely didnt even know wha he was talking about. like watching a comic go mute the first time on stage. hilarious.

it must be my fault, i saw the cbi spreadsheets. sorry

p.s stay away from the financials on the cbi website. it will ruin your rv vision

Sandstorm & Rockymtnhi and fellow Dinarians: This information IS from the CBI, a pretty good source regarding IQD issues. It is in reference to the amount of IQD notes presently in circulation not the value those notes currently hold. This is to give hope to our fellow Dinarians that this will/should RV/RI/add value to our IQD and why. It is a peek into the level of sophisticated thinking that the power brokers (not me) are using to run this thing. We need to remember this distinction, and the current position and plans the CBI has. I do not know if it includes electronic or foreign held funds. Then again I do not represent myself to be all knowing. If I was I would give the date, the initial rate, and the planned steps to add value to the IQD. Which no one outside of the inner inner tight liped circle knows. Not even Adam M. The CBI adds new notes into circulation all the time to replace the used wornout IQD. This is mere information of one more step in the right direction for those who have the ability to hear. My "research" was done yesterday, I gave a link. Where be your current research for your position? Where are your links? Rockymtnhi, you give me to much power, if my tongue in cheek "boom, in your face naysayers" comment ruffled the feathers on your boa.I am here to serve and enjoy intellectual chats regarding the hopeful increase in value to the IQD, thats all. If the information I provide is wrong I will standup and accept that. With DV the proof is in the source and link. Hope is still alive. If you wanna box, this aint the place. You sound kinda like one of Keeps alter identities, or at least the old Keep. No insult meant Keep.

what part of almost 100 trillion units are you missing? 100 TRILLION units

what part of the cbi stats showing m2 and currency in circulation, growing TRILLIONS and trillions each year, dont you get?

these are facts that are completely ignored. do i want it to rv? yes i hope, wish, pray, and would love it.

will i ignore data to fit my emotional needs about this investment? never

I'm not saying that they will reduce the number of IQD notes.  I'm saying that they would have fewer notes in circulation with the new currency than the have with the IQD.  The re-denomination will result in a higher value with less money in circulation.

your common sense is greatly appreciated. peace
  • Downvote 5

Sandstorm,

Your last post shows you have a LONNNNNNNNNNNNG way to go before anyone ever accuses you of having class.

im interested in the outcome of the dinar. not becoming mr. popular or being dr. phil for all the emotional needs.

bottom line, too many uniformed, spewing nonfacts while calling them facts, then defended by the emotional police.

besides, how can you communicate about facts, when the party wants to ignore there facts and create there own?

anyhow, i could care less what you or anyone else think of me.

• Downvote 2

caz the middleman. always jumping into the confrontation. wheres that land on your class-ometer

i forgot caz you sit at the right hand of god and you get to decide whats respectable. if your not going to join in substance on the topic, take your emotional policing elsewhere. i consider your off topic , personal assaults disrespectful.

im debating substance of his post, and your judging my character. thats disrespect

i thought after all the years youve known me, you understood my positions. i always thought we could go back and forth and still leave with respect for each other. we alwayshave. but im done with your personal assaults. i wont be responding to your posts anymore. best to you

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

This whole dinar thing is starting to look like one big joke. And the jokes on us :( but iam not quitting till something happens. Hey Sandstorm everyone has the right to an opinion, leave the guy alone.....peace

I think he flipped out about 8 months ago

He's gone

• Upvote 2

In economics, the money supply or money stock, is the total amount of monetary assets available in an economy at a specific time.[1] There are several ways to define "money," but standard measures usually include currency in circulation and demand deposits (depositors' easily accessed assets on the books of financial institutions), and assets.[2][3]

Money supply data are recorded and published, usually by the government or the central bank of the country. Public and private sector analysts have long monitored changes in money supply because of its effects on the price level, inflation, the exchange rate and the business cycle.[4]

That relation between money and prices is historically associated with the quantity theory of money. There is strong empirical evidence of a direct relation between money-supply growth and long-term price inflation, at least for rapid increases in the amount of money in the economy. That is, a country such as Zimbabwe which saw rapid increases in its money supply also saw rapid increases in prices (hyperinflation). This is one reason for the reliance on monetary policy as a means of controlling inflation.[5][6]

Sandstorm: Here is one definition of a country's M2. My research consisted of binging " define a country's M2." This seems to be sufficient for our DV needs and this discussion. "money," but standard measures usually include currency in circulation and

demand deposits (depositors' easily accessed assets on the books of financial institutions), and assets.[2][3]

Money is part 1: currency in circulation; part 2: demand deposits: easily accessed assets (physical money on deposit, electronic money on deposit); part 3: assets. What are assets in Iraq? Gold and silver mined and refined inside Iraq and held in reserve. Oil drilled anywhere in Iraq, refined and held in Iraq. Don't forget all that potential gold. silver, and oil still in the ground. These are all assets of Iraq. They become part of Iraqs GDP when they are sold.    I have only been talking about the number of IQD notes physically in circulation. Not the electronic funds, similar to what you and I have in our bank accounts. (Though I bet right now anyone has more of that than me.)  Not the break down of the denominations therein. Not the amount of notes the GOI/CBI hold in reserve, or their value. Or the IQD that any country holds in their reserve (uncirculated) in their Central Bank (China, India, South Korea, Jordon, the U.S.) Other assets Iraq has are the current value of all the different foreign currencies the CBI holds in its reserve, which are used to back the current market price of the IQD, and will be used to back the future market price of the IQD. It is my belief that the GOI/CBI are using a hard manipulation to keep the value of the IQD at 1/10 of a penny, to rebuild Iraqs infrastructure on the cheap. With so many steps in the right direction, their supply of excuses not to increase the value of the IQD like now is at the bottom of the oil barrel. It should RV/RD now, but it ain't. Doc and Keep good to see ya. May all dinarians have a blessed Christmas as they celebrate the reason for the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1