Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Government? To shut down?

lupine49

Simply Marvellous.   We shall see what happens.

http://news.uscourts.gov/judiciary-remain-open-if-government-shuts-down

uscourts.gov THIRD BRANCH NEWS

uscourts.gov | court locator | news

Judiciary to Remain Open If Government Shuts Down

In the event of a government shutdown on October 1, 2013, the federal Judiciary will remain open for business for approximately 10 business days. On or around October 15, 2013, the Judiciary will reassess its situation and provide further guidance. All proceedings and deadlines remain in effect as scheduled, unless otherwise advised. Case Management/Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF) will remain in operation for the electronic filing of documents with courts.

Who cares? i have food water and guns

So do I 

But do all your friends.

All your clan (cousins uncles, aunts, nephews ) ?

What kind of shape is your neighbor in ?

Kind of a selfish statement SW

No disrespect I normally love what you post man

But we should all care.

But like I say its not going to happen anyway

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The GOVT not going to shut down.

It`s all theatrics

They new the outcome of this weeks ago.

Its a game both sides play to

distract WE the people from the real issues that plague this corrupt GOVT.

Like where did all the money go?  

Exactly, just same old dog and pony show !! They'll pass Ostupidcare and the CR and keep on keeping on.

I know Obama spends that money like there ain't no tomorrow.

I am still reeling over that nutty 100 million dollar trip he and his family made to Africa.  

Now add to that I haven't seen a raise in 3 years and the cost of living has done nothing but spiral upwards during that same time period...and Obama just keeps printing up the monopoly money.

I'm pretty sure it is Obama himself that is saying "Who cares? I have food water and guns!"

The rest of us be damned. His cold hearted selfishness has never shone brighter than it does today........ displayed without care during the Benghazi raid...

I guess he has never heard of KARMA.   

• Upvote 3

Shut it down. Don't fund it. Is the government out of control? Nah! It's just so big it's spend every penny Americans ever gave, plus another 100trillion down the tube. Shut them down

Except the dept of defense. Everything else, done with. I'm tired of giving my hard work to those who sit on their a"". I'm tired of countries getting billions and billions of our money as our government only looks to take more and give us less. Shut them down

And take the keys. If you want to be in government it's now on a voluntary basis. No more back room sweet heart politicians passing laws to take from us, and never applies to them

What's the government done for you? The unaffordable health care act. The. One party democratic takeover of 1/6 the American economy. Oh yeah, you don't need that surgery, here's a pill, now leave. That's what you'll get.

What to show for being taxed on ever singl little thing you've ever done in life, and this gov has flushed all that plus 100trillion down the toilet. Brilliant

They aren't truthful, they don't present evidence, and they hide to much to be trusted with anything. Everything they've every touched is or has failed. There's that transformational change Obama wanted

IMO 

if it is allowed to shut down it WILL BE FOR A VERY SPEFIC REASON

1. govt. shuts down OCT 1

2. O announce the RV  at a ridiculous rate

3. If O allows the Huge tax on the dinar Rv (up to 50% as RUMORED  , China has agreed to pay the 50% tax (rumored)  so that  they can collect dinars to trade back to Iraq for $30 per barrel of oil

4. UST gets the Normal capital gains tax , pays down debt ceiling

5. the accounting books are adjusted for  the tax coming in.

6 govt. goes back in operation and  continues to give money to entitlement programs, and in another 20 yrs we will be right back where we are today

7. O LOOKS like a  Hero and goes down in history

8. we go about our daily lives(if no revaluation  we keep on hoping,)  IF WE DO REVALUATE  we go on living and helping others and  are much happier

9. you either give our  your family so they are not hurting, ( or they will come and beg you to Help them) so you might as well give  and tell them all its a one time opportunity and they should manage thier gift wisely 

10. We find another currency to invest in(because after 10 years we wont know what to do with our spare time

TAKE it for what its worth  its almost over

Obama administration staff refers to Americans, who disagree with spending, as terrorists and anarchist? Wtf

Yet they secretly take our money to buy guns and munitions to give to cartels and rebels of extremists ideas.

"The fast and Syria- us". Obama policy at its best.

Oh don't upset them, Obama might have to blame another American for some jihadists going off in the Middle East. Remember it was a YouTube video, that started it all

So do I 

But do all your friends.

All your clan (cousins uncles, aunts, nephews ) ?

What kind of shape is your neighbor in ?

Kind of a selfish statement SW

No disrespect I normally love what you post man

But we should all care.

But like I say its not going to happen anyway

Dog, hope your right. BUT if it does. I will support my congressman and I just told him. Shut this spending government down. Maybe we can see the bottom line a little lighter.

• Upvote 1

It is so sickening how theatrical our government is and they "ALWAYS" do their jobs at the very last minute.  They throw daggers at the citizens by using scare tactics and holier than thou speeches and it's getting a little tiring, and repetitious.   They don't work all year long and then they rush back home to vote on party line issues that they don't even read.  I can't think of anyone in the whole world in their right mind who signs on the dotted line without reading it.  And the law requires it.  Why does that law only apply to us?

The GOVT not going to shut down.

It`s all theatrics

They new the outcome of this weeks ago.

Its a game both sides play to

distract WE the people from the real issues that plague this corrupt GOVT.

Like where did all the money go?  

In my late teens I worked at the Ft Worth stockyards.  It was next door to the North Side Coliseum.  The Coliseum was used for filming professional wrestling.  There was a hero wrestler name of Fritz Von Erich with two arch enemies Spoiler #1 and Spoiler #2.  Almost every night when they were through filming, they would go out on the back parking lot and all drink beer together...........  Our government is just like pro wrestling.   

And insult to injury..... Congress will still get paid,  unlike other federal workers who won't after 1 Oct if this goes through....

Largely lost among the ironies and absurdities of the latest budgetary machinations in D.C. is this nugget: The members of Congress who might fail to fund a host of federal operations past the end of the month would still get paid if the government shuts down. Even as they demonstrate their continued dysfunction, the lawmakers are among those federal employees who are officially considered essential – or to use the gentler jargon that’s been in place since 1995, they are “excepted.”

Congress_Slug.png

“Due to their constitutional responsibilities and a permanent appropriation for congressional pay, Members of Congress are not subject to furlough,” a recent report by the Congressional Research Service explains.

That makes sense, at least on some level. Congress would, after all, have to pass legislation to end any shutdown and get furloughed federal workers back on the job. Yet even if some 1.2 million federal workers have to stay home, the legislators who effectively sent them there – the same members of Congress who so often struggle to enact legislation on anything more substantive than naming post offices – would still get their paychecks. They might face political pressure to avoid a government shutdown or end one quickly, but they have no money of their own directly at stake in avoiding a shutdown. Remember that thing your mom said about life not being fair? Add this example to the list.

RELATED: WHY IT’S STILL NOT ‘COOL’ TO BE A FEDERAL WORKER

Other federal workers, meanwhile – employees who have no say in whether the government stays open or not – would at least have to wait to get paid. The last time the federal government shut down, about 800,000 federal employees got furloughed for five days between November 13 and November 19, 1995. The following month, after a short-term stopgap spending measure expired, some 284,000 employees were furloughed and another 475,000 continued to work without pay between December 15, 1995 and January 6, 1996. “Federal employees who have been furloughed under a shutdown historically have received their salaries retroactively,” the Congressional Research Service report notes “However, there appears to be no guarantee that employees placed on shutdown furlough would receive such pay.”

Would the dysfunction be any different if Congress had some skin in the game?

“We won’t know until we try,” says William Galston, a senior fellow at the left-leaning Brookings Institution who served as a policy advisor to President Bill Clinton. Galston is a co-founder of the group No Labels, which encourages bipartisan cooperation and originally proposed the idea of a “No Budget, No Pay” law – legislation to require Congress to pass its annual budget by Oct. 1 or lose their pay until the appropriations process is completed.

The Fiscal Times FREE Newsletter

“We have to do something in this highly polarized situation to change the incentives, and if somebody can come up with a better idea than ‘No Budget, No Pay,’ fine,” says Galston. “I’m of the view that there ought to be as much symmetry as possible between members of Congress and their constituents, so for example if government workers are furloughed, why shouldn’t members of Congress experience the financial equivalent to that furlough, share the pain they’re imposing on everybody else.”

Rank-and-file members of Congress now get paid $174,000 a year. The Speaker of the House gets $223,500, while the president pro tempore of the Senate and the majority and minority leaders in both houses make $193,400. Including relatively lavish benefits compared to those most Americans get, congressional compensation now totals $286,000 a year, according to a recent report by the conservative Taxpayers Protection Alliance.

That's a fairly high salary, at least by the standards of most Americans – it's 3.4 times what the average full-time U.S. employee makes, according to the taxpayers group’s report. (The report noted that if Congressional salaries were cut to $100,000 a year, taxpayers would save $39 million a year.) Chances are, though, that at least some other members privately agree with Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-GA), who lamented recently that his staff could eventually go off and get highly lucrative lobbying jobs while he is “stuck here making $172,000.” Gingrey got lambasted for that comment – whining about that pay level is unseemly, and the congressman is certainly free to abandon his current run for the Senate and head down the well-worn path to K Street himself if he wants – yet there’s more than a kernel of truth it. Members of Congress make less than lobbyists or D.C. professionals.

On the other hand, many in Congress are wealthy enough that their level of pay might not make much difference – and losing their paycheck for the duration of a shutdown might not be all that painful. The median net worth of the 112th Congress was more than $440,000, according to Roll Call.

Skeptics also suggest that stopping Congressional pay might not outweigh political factors, including the fear of facing a primary challenge that could cost them their job. “It might for a few members,” says Norman Ornstein, resident scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute and a harsh critic of Congressional gridlock, “but the people who are angling to get a shutdown are driven by an ideological fervor that I think is largely immune to that kind of incentive, or disincentive.”

• Upvote 2

Shut it down. Don't fund it. Is the government out of control? Nah! It's just so big it's spend every penny Americans ever gave, plus another 100trillion down the tube. Shut them down

Except the dept of defense. Everything else, done with. I'm tired of giving my hard work to those who sit on their a"". I'm tired of countries getting billions and billions of our money as our government only looks to take more and give us less. Shut them down

And take the keys. If you want to be in government it's now on a voluntary basis. No more back room sweet heart politicians passing laws to take from us, and never applies to them

What's the government done for you? The unaffordable health care act. The. One party democratic takeover of 1/6 the American economy. Oh yeah, you don't need that surgery, here's a pill, now leave. That's what you'll get.

What to show for being taxed on ever singl little thing you've ever done in life, and this gov has flushed all that plus 100trillion down the toilet. Brilliant

They aren't truthful, they don't present evidence, and they hide to much to be trusted with anything. Everything they've every touched is or has failed. There's that transformational change Obama wanted

Time to get some of that money back....everyone get layed off and we can turn the tables and let the govt support us lol....hell millions of others do it and come out better at the end of the year then those who work and pay taxes! Lol