Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

General Robert E. Lee 1863

pattyangel

This was written by Robert E. Lee after the Civil War.  It is still timely and true for today. Even the General knew that our lack of holiness, our not being the light has allowed darkness to prevail.  So prayer was something he urged his soldiers to do and encourage them not to turn from the Lord. 

"Soldiers! Let us humble ourselves before the Lord, our God, asking through Christ forgiveness of our sins, beseeching the aid of the God of our forefathers in the defense of our homes and our liberties, thanking Him for His past blessings, and imploring their continuance upon our cause and our people."

"Knowing that intercessory prayer is our mightiest weapon and the supreme call for all Christians today, I pleadingly urge our people everywhere to pray.  Believing that prayer is the greatest contribution that our people can make in this critical hour, I humbly urge that we take time to pray - to really pray."

"Let  there be prayer at sunup, at noonday, at sundown, at midnight - all through the day.  Let us pray for our children, our youth, our aged, our pastors, our homes.  Let us pray for the churches."

"Let us pray for ourselves, that we may not lose the word 'concern' out of our Christian vocabulary.  Let us pray for our nation.  Let us pray for those who have never known Jesus Christ and His redeeming love, for moral forces everywhere, for our national leaders.  Let us prayer be our passion.  Let prayer be our practice."

General Robert E. Lee 1863

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

This is so true Patty, and thanks for bringing it over.  :bravo: 

2nd Chronicles 7:14

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For those who consider me a ranting liberal who is bringing our country down, consider this: my family is descended from the Spotswoods, directly from Lee. My great-great grandmother used to ride to school on Old Traveler, Lee's horse, him guiding the way. So those who say liberals are not patriots, who deny us our heritage and don't listen to our views - perhaps are mistaken. We love our country just as much. We just see the way to save it is through nonviolence, compassion and understanding, not pushing belief systems on others.

• Upvote 4

not pushing belief systems on others.

No Christianity in School but its ok to teach evolution and Islam.

No Guns

Welfare for everyone

*** Marriage is Ok

Abortion is Okay

Providing Birth Control to minors without parents knowledge

So who's pushing their beliefs on who?

-

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

No Guns

Welfare for everyone

*** Marriage is Ok

Abortion is Okay

-

SPOT ON MARK !!!...

More to the point per ISAIAH the prophet when darkness covers the earth and deep darkness its people WE the people of GOD are called on to RISE with the GLORY of HIS light upon us... like Jesus said not under a bushel, but on a candlestick...

however "they" are constantly trying to extinguish the flame of righteousness IMHO !!!

• Upvote 1

For those who consider me a ranting liberal who is bringing our country down, consider this: my family is descended from the Spotswoods, directly from Lee. My great-great grandmother used to ride to school on Old Traveler, Lee's horse, him guiding the way. So those who say liberals are not patriots, who deny us our heritage and don't listen to our views - perhaps are mistaken. We love our country just as much. We just see the way to save it is through nonviolence, compassion and understanding, not pushing belief systems on others.

O My God!

We are related.

• Upvote 2

The brightest star ever to come out of West Point acadamy (the only cadet to NEVER RECIEVE A DEMERIT through out his entire 4 years there) and an inspiration to both the North and South. A man of deep convictions , he points to the morality that his faith brings and is required of those who lead in times of war and peace. It has been my experience that there are no aethiests in foxholes , and I have yet to meet "a raging liberal" who was combat arms in my 26 years of service.

• Upvote 3

No Guns

Welfare for everyone

*** Marriage is Ok

Abortion is Okay

-

Amen Brother!
  • Upvote 3

I've been tearing my house apart looking for a book titled " The Class of 1842 ". It's all about so many of the men North & South that graduated from West Point in1842. [ It must still be packed in a box. ]

This Class of '42 had so many iconic figures that went on to fight for North & South. A fascinating account of those young brave & daring soldiers that went on to make American [ Military ] History.

As a former Trooper of the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment [ Blackhorse ], Delta Co. Tank Company [ M-1 Abrams ] 1st squadron - Fulda, West Germany - Border Legion: Robert E. Lee was held in HIGH regard and RESPECTED by all of us. The War Between the States was a topic of conversation quite often, especially when 2 or more Southerners were gathered in the day room when they were " outnumbered " by the Northerners.

I say this in all Joviality as Cavalry Troopers never strike our own. Debate & humor is always first and foremost, as is an individuals wit, clever conversation & ability to turn a phrase are highly encouraged.

We reserve & unleash our "special skills ", on the enemy.

Military Tradition guides us & it defines us. 

• Upvote 3

My God people get over it. Even Ted Turner knows that slavery wasn't the issue 

that caused the civil war. Try watching his movie called, Gods and Generals. Should 

slavery have happened? HE L L NO. But it was not the reason for the war. States Rites 

was. And it had to do with a railroad from Chicago, look it up. I don't hear you liberals 

crying about the fact that this entire nation is enslaved by liberalism. And I'm referring to 

both parties. When you have a master and he can force you to do something that is against 

your will, that is slavery. I don't care how you want to justify it. " our laws are for the good of the 

nation." bs. Obama care is just one of the many enslaving laws. Oh and so you don't think that 

I'm just picking on that moron in the white house, the patriot act did more to enslave the American 

people that anything Obama has been accused of. I say it that way because if you think that men

as stupid as George W. Bush and Barack Hussein Obama can possibly be capable of doing the  

things that have been done then your are a fool. Good old George suddenly came up with the

Patriot Act just a few short months after nine eleven. The largest, most overreaching law to have

ever been written. Obama supposedly came up with the Affordable Health Care Act less that one yr in

office. The most overreaching law ever written into American private sector. These men are not gods, and

these laws were already written long before they came into office. All that was needed was a situation

to make the slaves think they were necessary. We were not always slaves. We have given our rites away 

willingly in the name of safety. And those that will do that deserve neither freedom nor safety.

WAKE UP PEOPLE, stop being manipulated by the unseen power that has enslaved us all. I don't care that

your liberal in your view of life. I don't care that your conservative with your perspective. I don't care that 

you believe in a higher power or not. ( well to some extent I do), but if you choose not to I am not going to

hate you for it. Nor am I going to force you to think like I do. And you shouldn't me.

What I care about is this one thing. ARE YOU A FREAKING AMERICAN. 

We are all in this boat together, and if we don't wake up to the fact that as a whole we are the ones with all 

the power then we will lose our freedom forever, The gov has no power but what we give it. What do you think

it would do if all Americans said in one accord, NO, you will not tax us anymore. NO, you will not tell us what

we can and can't buy. And  He l l no you don't control my health care or any other part of our private

society. NO were not going to take it anymore NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This nation was founded on many different nationalities, many different religious beliefs, many different 

ideologies. So when is it that we forgot we live and let live? When did we decided that your view was a

threat to mine? And what was it that caused us to see our neighbor as the enemy?  Wake up America,

this has been done to us by an unseen force and we have the power to stop it. Were all Americans, so

lets start acting like it. Were the largest melting pot in the history of the world and we can all live together

as we have in the past. WE ARE THE MOST POWERFUL WHEN WE ARE UNITED.               

One other thing I want to add,

Were Americans, We became the greatest nation on earth for one reason 

and one reason only, We lived and let live. We didn't hate each other for 

being different. And we didn't insist that someone live there life according 

to our views or they were the enemy. But most importantly when push came to

shove we were United and would kick you butt for messing with ANY of us.  

• Upvote 5

Ok, then Gen.Lee chose to defend an individual State's right to enslave human beings.

He was a great leader of brave men who fought for a cause unworthy of their sacrifice.

To wrap that up with an amen on the end doesn't change that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, then Gen.Lee chose to defend an individual State's right to enslave human beings.

He was a great leader of brave men who fought for a cause unworthy of their sacrifice.

To wrap that up with an amen on the end doesn't change that.

Well that was the way our founding fathers set it up. States rites equals freedom. 

Federal intrusion equals enslavement. 

Not to mention that you entirely missed the point of my message. So let me draw you 

a picture. What you believe and what I believe is irrelevant . That we respect each others 

rite to believe what they want is relevant.

And in those instances something as horrible as slavery comes along we work together to

correct that problem.

Furthermore, if you actually believe that our current government isn't doing, and has done

things just a pathetic then I suggest your living in a fantasy world somewhere near Walgreens.  

America is not, nor has she ever been, perfect. But having traveled all around the world I can

assure you that we offered the most freedom and were the best thing on the block.

It is when you allow the government to cause you to want to hate someone for there thoughts

that we loose our uniqueness, and our freedom to the government. 

Robert E. Lee is not your enemy, I am not your enemy, the government that spends all of it

resources to divide us; THAT IS YOUR ENEMY. And mine.

We will always have wrongs in our world, but unless we give into the evil that wants to divide us,

we will always be able to overcome those wrongs and win.     

• Upvote 2

With all respect. General Lee chose to take arms against my country. I understand it was a difficult choice for him, and that for him the State was more important than the Union. And I do understand it is still a debatable question.

I see our greatness in our Nation. We can do things, draw wisdom and envision a bolder future as a Nation. States foster our strengths on a local level and every state is vital. The balance between local and national governance will, I'm afraid, remain a"work in progress".

By the way, I am moved by General Lee's call for prayer. The tragedy he was forced into fighting (if not on one side, then the other) was set when the Founding Fathers were sloppy in defining the "who" in the "All Men are created equal".

• Upvote 2

With all respect. General Lee chose to take arms against my country. I understand it was a difficult choice for him, and that for him the State was more important than the Union. And I do understand it is still a debatable question.

I see our greatness in our Nation. We can do things, draw wisdom and envision a bolder future as a Nation. States foster our strengths on a local level and every state is vital. The balance between local and national governance will, I'm afraid, remain a"work in progress".

By the way, I am moved by General Lee's call for prayer. The tragedy he was forced into fighting (if not on one side, then the other) was set when the Founding Fathers were sloppy in defining the "who" in the "All Men are created equal".

This is exactly what I am trying to say. You are 100% correct. That WHO should have been 

much more clarified. But lets not forget that our government is doing all that it can to enslave 

us, and divide us. Enslave us through financial imprisonment, divide us through any means 

possible. Whether, over color, religion, sexual preference, political views, or even the body 

mass of someone. Now why do you think it is so important for Uncle Sam to want us divided? 

Because that way were fighting each other and not paying attention to what there doing.

And what are they doing? You say your not happy that Lee fought against your country, yet

the Government is giving your country away to the United Nations every day. Tearing it apart

piece by piece. Is that not worth defending? As I always say, this isn't a black and white thing,

this isn't a liberal or conservative thing, this is an American thing. And Americans don't give 

away there freedoms for ANYTHING. And they sure don't give away there rites to a group of 

thugs called the United Nation. It is my country, it is your country, IT IS OUR COUNTRY. 

​Not Washington's.   

• Upvote 6

My God people get over it. Even Ted Turner knows that slavery wasn't the issue 

that caused the civil war. Try watching his movie called, Gods and Generals. Should 

slavery have happened? HE L L NO. But it was not the reason for the war. States Rites 

was. And it had to do with a railroad from Chicago, look it up. I don't hear you liberals 

crying about the fact that this entire nation is enslaved by liberalism. And I'm referring to 

both parties. When you have a master and he can force you to do something that is against 

your will, that is slavery. I don't care how you want to justify it. " our laws are for the good of the 

nation." bs. Obama care is just one of the many enslaving laws. Oh and so you don't think that 

I'm just picking on that moron in the white house, the patriot act did more to enslave the American 

people that anything Obama has been accused of. I say it that way because if you think that men

as stupid as George W. Bush and Barack Hussein Obama can possibly be capable of doing the  

things that have been done then your are a fool. Good old George suddenly came up with the

Patriot Act just a few short months after nine eleven. The largest, most overreaching law to have

ever been written. Obama supposedly came up with the Affordable Health Care Act less that one yr in

office. The most overreaching law ever written into American private sector. These men are not gods, and

these laws were already written long before they came into office. All that was needed was a situation

to make the slaves think they were necessary. We were not always slaves. We have given our rites away 

willingly in the name of safety. And those that will do that deserve neither freedom nor safety.

WAKE UP PEOPLE, stop being manipulated by the unseen power that has enslaved us all. I don't care that

your liberal in your view of life. I don't care that your conservative with your perspective. I don't care that 

you believe in a higher power or not. ( well to some extent I do), but if you choose not to I am not going to

hate you for it. Nor am I going to force you to think like I do. And you shouldn't me.

What I care about is this one thing. ARE YOU A FREAKING AMERICAN. 

We are all in this boat together, and if we don't wake up to the fact that as a whole we are the ones with all 

the power then we will lose our freedom forever, The gov has no power but what we give it. What do you think

it would do if all Americans said in one accord, NO, you will not tax us anymore. NO, you will not tell us what

we can and can't buy. And  He l l no you don't control my health care or any other part of our private

society. NO were not going to take it anymore NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This nation was founded on many different nationalities, many different religious beliefs, many different 

ideologies. So when is it that we forgot we live and let live? When did we decided that your view was a

threat to mine? And what was it that caused us to see our neighbor as the enemy?  Wake up America,

this has been done to us by an unseen force and we have the power to stop it. Were all Americans, so

lets start acting like it. Were the largest melting pot in the history of the world and we can all live together

as we have in the past. WE ARE THE MOST POWERFUL WHEN WE ARE UNITED.               

One other thing I want to add,

Were Americans, We became the greatest nation on earth for one reason 

and one reason only, We lived and let live. We didn't hate each other for 

being different. And we didn't insist that someone live there life according 

to our views or they were the enemy. But most importantly when push came to

shove we were United and would kick you butt for messing with ANY of us.  

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?!

Great rant +1

Don't forget that the liberty Lee prayed to preserve included the right to hold slaves.

I for one am tired of the race card.

I did not hold slaves. I don't think it is possible for anyone free or enslaved from that period in time to be alive.

Must we continue to point at the "splinter in your brothers eye"?

• Upvote 3

To everyone:

1st  - the original post should have read what General Lee said in 1863, was in the middle of the civil war, not at the end. Yes, we should always pray about everything we do. We need to pray for every move we make, every thought we have, every word we say.

2nd - the south did NOT succeed from the union because of slavery, they succeeded because of State's rights. The southern States walked out of congress because Washington was imposing on them "laws" that infringed on the States Citizens rights to choose how they live. It WAS about State Citizen rights verses the Federal Government telling them how to live.

I ask you some questions:

1: Are the same things happening today?

2: Is the Federal Government imposing their will on you as State Citizens?

3: Do you understand what it is being a State citizen verses a Federal Citizen?

(there is a question that needs a ton of research - do you know which won you are?)

They have taken away your sovereignty being a Citizen of the Federal Government. They have usurped your authority, and have taken the authority to Washington and you basically have no say in what happens there. This is what happened after the civil war. In fact all the sessions of congress since the secession have been illegal. The session that was in session when the southern states walked out was never "closed" and thus, all succeeding sessions have been in violation, and "illegal".

The congress and the senate do not really represent "you the people" today, the represent big business, and lobby groups and special interests groups that support their campaigns, nothing else. It is all a big ruse.

I could go deeper into who all "men" are, but I won't here. I will just leave it as: study the Word of God, especially the Hebrew and Greek meanings of words and phrases. Words mean a lot, and God stands on His Word!

May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob bless you and keep you. May He shine His grace upon you and give you peace.

WM13

• Upvote 2

They have taken away your sovereignty being a Citizen of the Federal Government. They have usurped your authority, and have taken the authority to Washington and you basically have no say in what happens there. This is what happened after the civil war. In fact all the sessions of congress since the secession have been illegal. The session that was in session when the southern states walked out was never "closed" and thus, all succeeding sessions have been in violation, and "illegal"

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/151197-general-robert-e-lee-1863/page-2#ixzz2WFsIKP00

Amen brother, you nailed it. 

• Upvote 2