Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Eagle1 and KTFA Member Thoughts Friday Evening - 06/07/2013

ronscarpa

Just because the gurus claims of a GCR are nonsense doesn't mean that there can't be any changes on the world stage. There are very powerful forces trying to hold the Eurozone together and keep the Euro going, but its possible they might not be successful and at some point there might be some sort of reshuffling.  That would be huge, but is nothing like the claimed GCR.

• Upvote 1

After reading this here this morning, I believe I have come to the conclusion it might be in my best interests to remain a lurker from now on. It has become more than tiresome...it has become irksome to read the comments of people who do not have a clue, yet believe they know all the answers. They think they can sit there and type their sarcastic remarks, smirking and shaking their heads at the idiocy of all the other members for what they believe, as if they, and they alone know the truth about this adventure. The one simple truth about this entire thing is that NO ONE really knows anything. We are all common people...salesmen, wrench turners, drivers, retired people, etc. We don't know anymore about global economics than we do brain surgery. And yet, the attitude persists that those whose ideas and beliefs are different than our own are stupid. There is an old saying  about those traveling on a different road and in a different direction are not necessarily the ones lost.

This forum was reputedly one where a free exchange of ideologies and thoughts could occur without the fear of being persecuted, bashed, insulted, put down, etc. But it doesn't seem to work that way. Invariably, there are the same few sad sack folks here that enjoy popping everyone else s balloon. It's apparently enjoyable to them  to wallow in pessimism, and the attempt to justify that by stating they are just being realistic and looking at "the facts".

There are a great many of us here who have been vested a long time. We believe in it. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here. And believe it or not, most of us do not go through our lives in this venture wearing rose colored glasses, or refusing to accept the obvious. What I am saying is that there seems to be an appalling lack of tolerance any more. Tolerance for other ideas, other beliefs, other ways of thinking. So, I say to those who persist in being, as my Grandma used to say, "an old sourpuss", if you are as dissatisfied as you seem to be, then leave. Leave the rest of us alone. Go about your merry way, laugh at us if you think you must, be keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself along with your negativity.

There are a few things that appear to be missing a great deal of the time...not only tolerance, but respect, courtesy, tact, decency, etc. While the lack of using those attributes may not be "illegal" as far as the rules for this forum are concerned, it is none the less extremely tacky, and low class. Rant over, and I now retire to being just a reader. Ezra

Thank you for your post - I agree with everything you have stated -  Have  a great day!

• Upvote 3

Wow......people are actually eating this up.....

I have some beach front property in colorado if anyone is interested.......

You  know that might become beach front, if you believe in the great earth quake that takes California into the ocean...himmmmm.

After reading this here this morning, I believe I have come to the conclusion it might be in my best interests to remain a lurker from now on. It has become more than tiresome...it has become irksome to read the comments of people who do not have a clue, yet believe they know all the answers. They think they can sit there and type their sarcastic remarks, smirking and shaking their heads at the idiocy of all the other members for what they believe, as if they, and they alone know the truth about this adventure. The one simple truth about this entire thing is that NO ONE really knows anything. We are all common people...salesmen, wrench turners, drivers, retired people, etc. We don't know anymore about global economics than we do brain surgery. And yet, the attitude persists that those whose ideas and beliefs are different than our own are stupid. There is an old saying  about those traveling on a different road and in a different direction are not necessarily the ones lost.

This forum was reputedly one where a free exchange of ideologies and thoughts could occur without the fear of being persecuted, bashed, insulted, put down, etc. But it doesn't seem to work that way. Invariably, there are the same few sad sack folks here that enjoy popping everyone else s balloon. It's apparently enjoyable to them  to wallow in pessimism, and the attempt to justify that by stating they are just being realistic and looking at "the facts".

There are a great many of us here who have been vested a long time. We believe in it. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here. And believe it or not, most of us do not go through our lives in this venture wearing rose colored glasses, or refusing to accept the obvious. What I am saying is that there seems to be an appalling lack of tolerance any more. Tolerance for other ideas, other beliefs, other ways of thinking. So, I say to those who persist in being, as my Grandma used to say, "an old sourpuss", if you are as dissatisfied as you seem to be, then leave. Leave the rest of us alone. Go about your merry way, laugh at us if you think you must, be keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself along with your negativity.

There are a few things that appear to be missing a great deal of the time...not only tolerance, but respect, courtesy, tact, decency, etc. While the lack of using those attributes may not be "illegal" as far as the rules for this forum are concerned, it is none the less extremely tacky, and low class. Rant over, and I now retire to being just a reader. Ezra

VERY, VERY WELL SAID.......But please dont stop posting you're one of the good ones,  WE NEED YOU........We're all in this together till the end !    

PLEASE  :praying:

• Upvote 4

Well said - I hope many really read you comments above and take head to it.  thanks for the post and do not leave because of others negativity.

• Upvote 2

Currency reset?? Wow. currencies are already reset. something called the world market, Resets a currencies value everyday.

There is no doubt the dinar can increase, but to believe all that bologny is just nuts

Forex and bankers are making millions daily, id say somebodys seeing a rv! But evidently were waiting? Hilarious.

• Upvote 1

Currency reset?? Wow. currencies are already reset. something called the world market, Resets a currencies value everyday.

There is no doubt the dinar can increase, but to believe all that bologny is just nuts

Forex and bankers are making millions daily, id say somebodys seeing a rv! But evidently were waiting? Hilarious.

Hey, your using my logic! LOL

We can effectively say that the value of the IQD RVs each and every day. It is just a matter of how we view a R/V. Minimal changes are a smaller %, but its a new value set. Yes, the central bank may have an official rate, but, we're speaking in terms of street value (market rate). That value, very likely changes each day. And as of recently, it has been going the wrong way in value in what we hope to see.

THANK you all for your kind words of encouragement. I do find it hard to read and not comment. I only hope that those for whom the shoe fits will take to heart my words as they were intended. They were not intended negatively, but more to bring to  attention that some folks have gotten " a little too big for their britches". I believe it is possible to have an interaction of differing ideas and thoughts without resorting to name calling and other low class activities. I thought that was one of the main intents of this forum to provide such a platform. Agree to disagree if you must, but do so with some class. As Mark Twain said, "it is better to keep your mouth closed and allow people to assume you're an idiot, than open it and remove all doubt". Thank you.Ezra

And p.s. Should there be any doubt, my remarks and opinions were not directed at any particular person. But, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Edited by ezrapound
  • Upvote 1

And with all that said...I don't know if I read it and forgot it or if this was new to me. But I didn't realize how much gold Iraq had in the ground. So, I Googled it, and found an article, http://www.bullionstreet.com/news/iraq-looks-to-gold-for-economic-recovery/1301,   According to Iraq's mineral ministry, country's western desert contains huge reserves of gold and likely platinum and diamond reserves.

My curiosity is ...why go out and purchase gold when you have so much under the sheets? Why not mine it, and put it in your vaults? Because it is faster? And if they do have that much and do mine it will it make the price of gold go down, due to so much being available? 

Thanks for the article Ron. And it was interesting reading hearing everyone's input. As long as we keep it positive...I find all of this very educational and gives me the opportunity to learn all aspects of this investment.

Edited by Mammaw

And with all that said...I don't know if I read it and forgot it or if this was new to me. But I didn't realize how much gold Iraq had in the ground. So, I Googled it, and found an article, http://www.bullionstreet.com/news/iraq-looks-to-gold-for-economic-recovery/1301,   According to Iraq's mineral ministry, country's western desert contains huge reserves of gold and likely platinum and diamond reserves.

My curiosity is ...why go out and purchase gold when you have so much under the sheets? Why not mine it, and put it in your vaults? Because it is faster? And if they do have that much and do mine it will it make the price of gold go down, due to so much being available? 

Thanks for the article Ron. And it was interesting reading hearing everyone's input. As long as we keep it positive...I find all of this very educational and gives me the opportunity to learn all aspects of this investment.

So far, no one has produced a report at all, let alone one from a credible source, that actually makes some sort of estimate about gold in the ground in Iraq.  Its just reports of comments made by people such as the one you posted where we have no idea how much translation went into "huge" or what that might actually mean.  It also takes a long time to develop a mining industry (i.e. they are large scale industrial operations).  So Iraq may well have significant mineral resources, but oil is going to remain the top revenue source.  Gold and other minerals getting up to a few billion dollars worth a year (i.e. a few percent of oil revenue) would be a great accomplishment (which I do not mean to minimize).

Also while this may seem like a tiny technical detail, there is a an issue of accounts relative to gold deposits that might be mined one day and how that might impact the exchange rate.  What dominates the exchange rate for a pegged currency is the money supply compared to the central bank reserves (a bit of which are indeed gold the CBI has bought).  But gold from state owned lands (or state owned mineral rights) would (like oil revenue) go to the GOI.  That's good for Iraq of course and can be used for any budget item including just giving it to the people (like Qatar does with a portion of its revenue), but it only gets into the CBI reserves if they exchange it for dinars, and that action keeps the money supply and reserves in the same proportion as before this exchange, so it does not impact the rate.  I think it might require some sort of special law for the GOI to just give the CBI funds to add to their reserves.  Maybe that's possible, but passing any law in Iraq seems somewhat problematic.  If Iraq ever goes to a floating exchange regime, and manages to keep the dinar stable when doing so, then a growing minerals industry could positively impact the rate to some extent, but then lots of other factors can influence the rate of floating currencies so I doubt Iraq is going to do so anytime soon at least (say within 10 years).

Edited by skeptic1138
  • Upvote 1

If your gonna post nonsense on the internet, you have to be subject to people ridiculing your statements......simple as that.

And Frankie, Delta, Eagle1 have been posting nonsense for quite sometime now.....If they maybe had a smidge of common sense, and talked about things that were actually in the realm of possibility, then they probly wouldnt get trashed by so many all the time......

Most of what gets bashed is from other gurus on other sites....not members here. Completely different........usually members here that post there opinions about things, end up having a debate or discussion about the topic.

• Upvote 2

After reading this here this morning, I believe I have come to the conclusion it might be in my best interests to remain a lurker from now on. It has become more than tiresome...it has become irksome to read the comments of people who do not have a clue, yet believe they know all the answers. They think they can sit there and type their sarcastic remarks, smirking and shaking their heads at the idiocy of all the other members for what they believe, as if they, and they alone know the truth about this adventure. The one simple truth about this entire thing is that NO ONE really knows anything. We are all common people...salesmen, wrench turners, drivers, retired people, etc. We don't know anymore about global economics than we do brain surgery. And yet, the attitude persists that those whose ideas and beliefs are different than our own are stupid. There is an old saying about those traveling on a different road and in a different direction are not necessarily the ones lost.

This forum was reputedly one where a free exchange of ideologies and thoughts could occur without the fear of being persecuted, bashed, insulted, put down, etc. But it doesn't seem to work that way. Invariably, there are the same few sad sack folks here that enjoy popping everyone else s balloon. It's apparently enjoyable to them to wallow in pessimism, and the attempt to justify that by stating they are just being realistic and looking at "the facts".

Just curious....if I don't believe the way you do then I'm an "old sourpuss" that likes to "wallow in pessimism"...and I'm a "sad sack"...that likes to "burst your balloon" and should leave?... But you also think people shouldn't be bashed or put down... Might be more productive if you asked questions of the ones you disagree with instead of wishing they were gone or thought the same way you do...that way we might all learn something and you wouldn't have to call someone a sourpuss for not believing everything that's posted...just a thought Edited by jmw2
  • Upvote 1

I ate some with dip and fries, last night, at tobie keith's bar and grill, in Oklahoma City. They were great! Don't forget the salad!

Now that's funny...and to top it off (Don't foget the salad)....You just gotta love the different people here. :bravo:

• Upvote 1

Thanks Ron an Eagle 1...If some of you don't think the IQD  can't be the Foreign Currency Reserve of the Middle East...you might think again....

I dont think anyone said that specifically......but eagle1 and his KTFA crew are known to be full of poop and make crazy accusations and statements.......

Thanks Ron an Eagle 1...If some of you don't think the IQD  can't be the Foreign Currency Reserve of the Middle East...you might think again....

Assuming the double negative was not intended, yes I think the IQD can not be the foreign reserve currency for the ME.  A reserver currency has to float, and no country that has a single sector and fairly small GDP is likely to float their currency since it opens them to volatility.

I don't buy into anything KTFA has to say to much. They have been wrong way too many times in the past. Although Eagle1 does try to give us that positive outlook regarding the Dinar investment we all come here for. Whether or not it's true, it's gives us investors hope that one day this will turn out very well for all of us. Maybe that's the reason why I have not sold my Dinars yet. Some times I feel like a fool holding on to these darn Dinar for so long.  At this point there ain't  no changing horses midstream. I think I'll ride this out to the end and HOPE for the best.