Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait removal of Iraq from C7 meaningless?

Luigi1

Kuwait to remove Iraq from C7 next week. That's great news & a positive step forward.

The 5 perminent members on the UN, especially the USA & UK will have the final say so in releasing Iraq from C7.

Iraq is not playing ball. Maliki again threatens to call off elections, fails to seat the rest of GOI, won't power share & is linked to many bombing throughout Iraq. Corruption is out of control. Maliki supports Iran & Assad's civil war in Syria by alowing Iran to use it's land & airspace. The Kurds are again talking of three separate republics to get around Maliki's choke hold on power. All of this could keep Iraq on C7 indefinately.

The RV can still happen under C7 but the CBI says a stable & fully seated GOI must happen before the RV can take place.

It looks like we can forget about a RV at the moment. Events can however turn around & move forward very quickly.

Just one person's view. What's your view on all this? Go RV.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

It is meaningless, as with most of the articles, events, "intel" out there... The world will not let the RV happen unless there is a stable government in place that they can trust, at least by ME standards... No one wants another Syria/Iran, or a suddenly wealthy neophyte government who will smuggle arms to them...

• Upvote 1

Totally agree with this!  It would seem that everyone BUT Iraq is ready for an RV.......

It is meaningless, as with most of the articles, events, "intel" out there... The world will not let the RV happen unless there is a stable government in place that they can trust, at least by ME standards... No one wants another Syria/Iran, or a suddenly wealthy neophyte government who will smuggle arms to them...

Kuwait to remove Iraq from C7 next week. That's great news & a positive step forward.

The 5 perminent members on the UN, especially the USA & UK will have the final say so in releasing Iraq from C7.

Iraq is not playing ball. Maliki again threatens to call off elections, fails to seat the rest of GOI, won't power share & is linked to many bombing throughout Iraq. Corruption is out of control. Maliki supports Iran & Assad's civil war in Syria by alowing Iran to use it's land & airspace. The Kurds are again talking of three separate republics to get around Maliki's choke hold on power. All of this could keep Iraq on C7 indefinately.

The RV can still happen under C7 but the CBI says a stable & fully seated GOI must happen before the RV can take place.

It looks like we can forget about a RV at the moment. Events can however turn around & move forward very quickly.

Just one person's view. What's your view on all this? Go RV.

I agree with you Luigi. Moon and Kobler have both made comments on the civil unrest and violence occurring, and I just can't see lifting the sanctions while that stuff is going on.

I posed this question to Adam in yesterday's chat but it wasn't addressed. Adam, if you are reading this, it would be much appreciated to hear your two cents on this.

Stable govn't? When did they ever? And they had a $3+ rate before. Their govn't will have their problems just like our govn't.

Agreed. Kobler just said, today, completion of border maintenance work will be a major milestone and will pave the way for Iraq to get out of Ch7. No mention of stable government. The UN talks about internal security sometimes, and of course, they want it, but their main objective is to get Iraq right with the international community, and Kuwait is the only country with outstanding issues with Iraq relevant to Ch7. Let's just hope they get their borders fixed and the squatters moved by the end of the month, as scheduled. It looks like they're on schedule from everything I've seen in the past week.

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/144312-completion-of-border-maintenance-work-will-be-major-milestone-in-normalizing-iraq-kuwait-relations-kobler/#entry1137404

Stable govn't? When did they ever? And they had a $3+ rate before. Their govn't will have their problems just like our govn't.

Shabibi's very own words...GOI seated, stable government or no RV. This is not so much a UN C7 issue as it is a world bank Basel III complyant issue. Correct me if i am wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Shabibi's very own words...GOI seated, stable government or no RV. This is not so much a UN C7 issue as it is a world bank Basel III complyant issue. Correct me if i am wrong.

Yep - Follow the money.

The one(s) with the 'big bucks' make the rules.

Since when do people in government have control.

Everyone answers to someone(s).

. . . datz all-eye gott.

Gosh, all these posts make me depressed.  I had a friend, who gets his info from another source, send me his new info that made me feel so much better!  They seem to think that things are progressing in Iraq and a RV is possible in the next couple of weeks.  Who should one believe?  I think I will choose to be hopeful. :peace:  

• Upvote 1

Gosh, all these posts make me depressed.  I had a friend, who gets his info from another source, send me his new info that made me feel so much better!  They seem to think that things are progressing in Iraq and a RV is possible in the next couple of weeks.  Who should one believe?  I think I will choose to be hopeful. :peace:  

Well the good news is the rv is always just around the corner, and has been for years.

The bad news is.......we are are on a straightaway.......

• Upvote 3

Well said Texas1 +1

Kerry's visit to Iraq was to warn Maliki of further UN & economic sactions if he continues to fund Iran & Syria.

Maliki may squander away another window of opportunity to RV & get the economy going. He is also threatening to call off elections.

Iraq is not getting out of C7.

• Upvote 1

What is this? A doom and gloom woe is me thread?

I didn't know that Shabs was still running the CBI.

If one sees the logic of the big picture, this theory is spot on. Many want the MONAY however, and become blinded by emotion, pumpers, and their own illusiions. When Shabibi comes back, Maliki's gone and/if Allawi ascends to power... :twocents:

You better hope that this doesn't happen.

If it does you will see Iraq divided into three countries and

Your dinar become worthless.