Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction - Monday, 18 Feb 2013

ronscarpa

Currency Auctions - Announcement No. (2317)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on Monday, the 18-Feb-2013. The results were as follows:

DETAILS .......... & .......... NOTES

Number of banks 22

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 104,183,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 104,183,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

The CBI Auctions continue, and the Dollar amount continues to decrease for the 6th session....very interesting....RON B)

• Upvote 1

to me it means people are hanging on to their dinars .. thats good for de-dolarization .. when your govt tells you they are gong to increase the value of the dinar ..would you buy dolars with your dinars ?

an increase on the dinar is stregthining the dinars monetary unit structure . .. with in the imf all money is valued at a starting point of one monetary unit .. the standard had to be something .. something to base values of all curencys .. the imf uses the dollar as that standard .. one dollar equals one monetary unit .. the dinar equals .00086 monetary units right now

Look at the trend over the last week. Hasn't the sale of dollars been going down every single day?

The trend I've noticed is that since Shabs has left the amount of cash transactions has gone up.

About 120 million cash a week lately. Shabs was averaging about 100 million a week. It went up a bit during his last two weeks.

Todays cash portion was 25,400 million. Almost 25 % of the total auction.

Market price is at 1230 today

The trend I've noticed is that since Shabs has left the amount of cash transactions has gone up.

About 120 million cash a week lately. Shabs was averaging about 100 million a week. It went up a bit during his last two weeks.

Todays cash portion was 25,400 million. Almost 25 % of the total auction.

Market price is at 1230 today

What could this mean???

So what does 1166 to 1000 factor out to be anyway?

in my wierd way of thinking .. its 1000 to one dollar ..or 1/1000% of one monetary unit .. which to me is nothing but a pre announcement of a small rv of 11.66%  as a bounty to sell your dollars for dinars in iraq  for a good start on de-dollarization of iraq local markets.. so they can put those dollars in the cbi foriegn reserves .

Edited by dontlop