Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ THIS...

Bumper64

I sure wish I would have read this 8 years ago. I was a fool and didn't appreciate my then wife and we got divorced and I have regretted my mistakes every second of my life.

I hope this makes people think

DeepDiveSix, you are a mans man. Never take her for granted because life is to short!!

• Upvote 8

I envy the ones that got married in a totally different time, when the marriage laws were different also there were women that actually had morals and wanted to be a wife instead of just the status and HUGE wedding we see today. Will i ever get married ? not sure if i really even want to any longer.. only time wil tell i am content just dating or being friends with someone relationships arent always about sex IMHO and marriage isnt for everyone, even Jesus Christ wasnt married. For young men now a days its very risky and with the economy and lack of jobs etc. it makes it even harder for couples to make it on their own(depending on where u live i guess) just wish times were different and more importantly the laws of marriage and jobs were easily available if i meet Mrs. right then so be it but i doubt it all to often i guess the ole saying goes "Don't search for love because true love will find you"

• Upvote 5

My husband of eight years and our 13 year old daughter had to move out of our 3000 square foot house because of health hazards that have to be cleaned up. I've become very sick as a result of them, and life has been kind of hard.

We first house sat for friends for 3 weeks. It was like a working vacation--when we woke up every day we didn't have our work staring us in the face until we fell asleep at night.

The last three weeks have been spent in a hotel room, about 14'x20'; very small for three people. I'm cooking on a hot plate and a toaster oven.

We've really had to work on ourselves to spend this much time together. We're seeing unexpected changes in our 13 year old, for the better.

I don't know what my point was...but I really appreciated this post. I've read it before, and it made me cry again. I have a husband like that. Even under these conditions, he is loving and patient. Even when I'm tough to be around because I feel horrible, he waits me out.

I have always believed that my husband is the best man I have ever known, and as the years pass, I am increasingly convinced that I am right. :)

• Upvote 6

My wife and I share everything with each other. She is my love and my best friend. My buddies and their wives always tell me....."she can't be your best friend, or else you are nothing more than roommates." I always chuckle and feel a little sorry for them. My roommate is still beautiful to me, crazy as a loon, crabby, cranky, funny, sexy....and impossible to ignore. She is my light and my dark. I am nothing without her. I would call her right now and tell her "I love you".......but the line will be busy because she is trying to call me at the same time. Thanks for the read Bump. smile.gif

• Upvote 4

My honey and I have been married 33 years now... and yes, there have been many tough years... not her fault just life coming at ya if ya know what I mean! But we were married by her grandpa who was a country preacher.... and at the time we didn't know it would be the last wedding he would ever preform.. that holds special meaning to us.

Our brief "marriage counseling" consisted not of some fancy class or long winded speeches... they said two things. "Never let the sun go down on your anger". We have tried to keep those words of wisdom and not go to bed angry.... of course we've lost a lot of sleep "working things out" in the meantime! rolleyes.gif The other precious word of wisdom they passed onto us love struck kids was simple... "Every day show some form of affection"... a gentle kiss, a touch, a pat on the...blush.gif... well, you get the idea!!! I will never forget their living example when right in front of us... just as natural as can be and not at all staged this faithful grandma in her late 70's bent down and nibbled on her hubby's ear while he was sitting across the table from us. wub.gif

I'm not perfect... far from it... but each day I try to live by those two simple rules... and I'm convinced they have kept us going all this years through thick and thin.

Thanks for the reminder Bumper (I can always use that)... and don't let your past haunt you. Each new day is a chance to start over... look forward to what lies ahead of you and it will work itself out. wink.gif

"Don't search for love because true love will find you"

Easy... thanks for being so honest... and your right... true love will find ya when the time is right. My only advice... if you'll have it, is to be the person you know you should be and that way you won't come across as "needy". Imo gals are looking for a guy who can stand on their own but still choose to come along side them and partner with them for life. Same goes for girls for that matter. Take heart my friend... I know there are a lot of good girls who are still looking for a good man... so hang in there, if it's meant to be it will happen!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 6

I am picking up my wife from LAX right now, and a I thought I would check in to dinarvets before I leave. This story has touched me, because my wife has been gone for 9 months, funds are low, no job right now except trading FUTURES. we have twins that we both adore so much. Please pray for us. THANK YOU.

• Upvote 7

I skyped my hubby this morning in Kuwait and pass this on to him, Bumper. We were both moved by it. How I miss him dearly, soon we will get to play catch up, he will be my Christmas present this year.

Jerry333, I know the torture of separation, at times it can be unbearable. But know that God is your strength.

Mine has been 5 years of off on R&R time with him. God has bless me in having him with me this year for Christmas.

"One life time is not enough"....so true, oh so true.

• Upvote 7

my wife and i were married just over 35 years. the last ten she batteled breast canser.i cannot express to you the last 4 and a halve years.she and i found more love and affection then i ever thought possible.shes been gone almost 6 years now.true love is fabulos. we married out of high school raised 4 kids and i miss her so much.

• Upvote 11

Great read bumper. I too lost a good one cause I wasnt paying attention. I was lucky enough to find another. I make sure I feed and water this one.

ROFLMAO, don't forget long walks!

My wife and I share everything with each other. She is my love and my best friend. My buddies and their wives always tell me....."she can't be your best friend, or else you are nothing more than roommates." I always chuckle and feel a little sorry for them. My roommate is still beautiful to me, crazy as a loon, crabby, cranky, funny, sexy....and impossible to ignore. She is my light and my dark. I am nothing without her. I would call her right now and tell her "I love you".......but the line will be busy because she is trying to call me at the same time. Thanks for the read Bump. smile.gif

So how does Mrs. Bourne feel about you being gone on assignment all the time, and moving from house to house? J/K :lol: :lol: :D

• Upvote 3

my wife and i were married just over 35 years. the last ten she batteled breast canser.i cannot express to you the last 4 and a halve years.she and i found more love and affection then i ever thought possible.shes been gone almost 6 years now.true love is fabulos. we married out of high school raised 4 kids and i miss her so much.

Wow! 35 years is a long time! Congratulations

Sorry to hear about her having to fight breast cancer for 10 years.

I am sure you miss her a lot. :wub:

My heart goes out to you my friend

• Upvote 3

Wow Bumper, that one will sure make you appreciate your loved one... made me cry, some of y'alls stories made me cry... I love how you men on here don't mind showing your love and appreciation of your wives, that even makes me tear up, lol! Bumper and Easy you are both wonderful people, you'll both find someone one day and they'll be very lucky women!

• Upvote 2