Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

post possum perplexities

jon29

[After several weeks with no word and no response from the missing guru who once roamed the DV forum, posting random thoughts in a wayward manner, the tall and handsome young man in the casual Gap ensemble switches off the projector that last lit up clouds in the Draco constellation. It was 2am. All was calm, all was quiet. His bright blue eyes watched the soft clouds drift past in the night sky, giving way to sections of stars coming through more and more, eventually revealing a pristine and clear summer evening. He paused for a moment to look at the projector. Then slowly walked to the house, locked the door and went to bed.]

Half a dozen cars and trucks of unattached origin were parked beside the road leading into the city. To one side, lay a gentle pasture that swayed with each passing gust of wind, to the other, spoiled acreage with locals looking on. News crews had come and gone. What remained were those near the road, and those in the field. Several men in white smocks paced the area of knee-high grass that had been flattened into geometric patterns. They ruled out sneakers on long boards and amateurs on stilts. Now they used electronics and handheld recorders while touching entries within notebooks. Dark sunglasses shielded vacant eyes within gaunt expressions. None spoke and nothing was heard other than the crunch of tall weeds under dark shoes. Occasionally, an examiner paused, twisted his head toward the crowd in the distance and grimaced. Cornering off the area were a few men in olive drab uniforms with a green jeep nearby. A vehicle that kept the crowd’s interest was a white RV with tinted glass that held hidden activity. The men in white periodically entered or exited with shiny silver canisters.

Hedging the scene near the road was a large woman in coveralls and worn work boots, she held hands on hips in Operatic fashion while commanding a small group of locals. On her head was a straw sombrero with inseam too small, so she fashioned an upended plastic flower pot on top to hold it with a bit of hemp for the underchin. She leaned against a blue ’76 wagon and used a spyglass she got at a yard sale. Standing near were two friends, ya’ll-seeds Emmett and Edmond, Emmett was clean-shaven, Edmond could care less, that’s how people knew the difference. Edmond belched Red Bull and began.

“We got trouble… T R U B L E right here in River city!”

“and that rhyme with double, an’ ain’t no bubble,” added Emmett.

“Hush yer melons,” said the woman with an imaginary slap and look through the glass, “I wanna see what they do with the dirt.” Down the hill, one man used aluminum prongs to lift soil into a small container before sealing the chamber and placing it in a metal case. She popped another 5-hour energy.

“Hey, YOU THERE!" she yelled as an examiner looked up, "That's OUR dirt!" she slapped her chest with an open palm for emphasis, “You got no right takin’ OUR DIRT!” The examiner paused, then continued.

“I knew it! They found somethin’,” now firing a look at the sky before glaring back at the investigators, “I could’ve sold that was, whatever it was, on Ebay or hock dot com!”

“I’m hungry,” burped a freckly voice with weedy lips.

“Timmy don’t start, An’ get that outchya mouth, you don’t know where that grass’s been!”

An assistant in the field stood looking toward the horizon and the hot setting sun. In his early 20’s and fresh out of college, he was new to case procedures. He moved his attention to the road for a moment and the small group that seemed to be growing with each passing car that slowed, then stopped. People got out with phones or camera’s to take a few snapshots. The local news reports weren’t helping matters either. He began to dig in the ground with the heel of his boot.

“Sir, will this be much longer?” he said to an examiner.

The man with an electronic meter paused and scowled at him. With a sinewy mouth he managed a muffled screech. His colleagues stopped what they were doing, stood and looked at the minion. The assistant stepped back a little. They continued their work, making another pass with black shoes falling fresh grass. At one point, a gadget the size of a cell phone opened and a transparent turquoise light flowed waves over the area before fading with a beep. The instrument was stowed within the sampling case and everything went in the van. With one signal, the soldiers retreated. The Rv pulled out and the green jeep followed. The spectators looked on as they passed, then back to their violated field.

"Food, food, food, food, fooooood…”

“SHADDUP!” replied the woman with full figured words, “Ok, let’s go, it’s late, show’s over for now, we’ll pickit up tomorro” The twins cupped beard and non-beard chins saying how it must be an omen of 2012, but the woman didn’t want to start that ‘crap’ this late in the day, best save it for the morning. The crowd dwindled and faded, until only a few passing cars and the fields remained. A hiccup of action in an otherwise dull work week.

As dusk fell, a sky chopper made one last pass over the area for the 11 o’ clock news to show viewers the unusual image left on a rolling hillside… ~( )”>

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

jon boy - gave you a +. Even if possum never shows, you're still very entertaining! :D

ty paperboy, it's just some light humor during these stressful 'non-Rv' times. :lol:

jonboy - loved it, need more possum sightings - I want a chapter 2 on this novella - get writing.........

I'm not sure people want anymore of this nonsense, but thanks for the reply! :lol: btw, don't know who gave you the neg. but I evened it out with a +. ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

hey jonboy - thank you for giving me a plus 1 - how silly of someone to neg me just because I like your writing style and the possum sightings are a hoot - never took possum seriously nor did I neg him for his opinion - I guess if you don't agree with someone then don't read him....... :shakehead::peace:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ty paperboy, it's just some light humor during these stressful 'non-Rv' times. :lol:

I'm not sure people want anymore of this nonsense, but thanks for the reply! :lol: btw, don't know who gave you the neg. but I evened it out with a +. ;)

I say bring it! I am ready for the next short story, maybe we can have our own version of Garrison Keillor. As I read, I can almost hear Garrison Keillor as the story teller. I enjoyed it, and although I came in at the tale end of Possum and his random postings, there was almost a innocence that came from what he posted. I never placed him in the guru basket with the other's because he was so harmless. No one should ever be neg'd for showing a creative side, the one that neg'd more than likely ate paste in school during arts and crafts time too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"...As he topped the ridge, he recoiled in horror at the sight of what lay before him.

What looked like a flaggellating, pulsating green blob - with tendrals and tentacles protruding from

what looked like were once armpits and eyeball sockets.

Negotiating the rough terrain, he recounted his childhood and the times he visited NYC.

'Disco Dancing" they called it - or 'getting down' on the hip side if Philly.

As he neared it, he heard it gently chanting, "Shake your booty, shake your booty".

Infuriated, Nugent ripped his Gibson out of it's case and beat the f*ck out of the blob."

hey jonboy - thank you for giving me a plus 1 - how silly of someone to neg me just because I like your writing style and the possum sightings are a hoot - never took possum seriously nor did I neg him for his opinion - I guess if you don't agree with someone then don't read him....... :shakehead::peace:

Evened you out.. Don't know why you got negged for the above.

took me a while too. I couldn't figure out where the sperm was going. good stuff.

Naughty Tex.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1