Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"It's not a lop, not a lop. Wait... SMOKESCREEN!"

DaveD

RD crowd: Why do you insist upon a past example of a massive RV? How in the world do you think history is actually made?

Di(nar)ck: While the Soviet Union had conducted its own various show trials, the International Military Tribunal in Nuremberg, Germany was the first of its kind in history.

That is a good one. Or the most recent funny Ive heard is this : "Currently Iraq has 30 trillion dinar in circulation. But one day in January 2013, they will just have 30 billion dinar in circulation. This will make the dinar equal with the dollar." But on December 31, 2012, the dinar was worthless, but overnight all the trillions of dinar went poof like smoke. No accountability, no liability, just vanished overnight. It never was there to begin with? It really doesnt matter, its "economics" right?

Perhaps it never really was there. Wouldn't that be a stunning revelation?

Edited by Sanssouci

That is a good one. Or the most recent funny Ive heard is this : "Currently Iraq has 30 trillion dinar in circulation. But one day in January 2013, they will just have 30 billion dinar in circulation. This will make the dinar equal with the dollar." But on December 31, 2012, the dinar was worthless, but overnight all the trillions of dinar went poof like smoke. No accountability, no liability, just vanished overnight. It never was there to begin with? It really doesnt matter, its "economics" right?

No one has ever said it would be overnight. They have said a number of times the exchange period will last a year or so.

Do you think the 100 or so other redenominations that have happened in recent history didn't happen like you described... with the exception of overnight. They all had an exchange period. Some as short as 3 days, some as long as years.

Edited by DaveD

No one has ever said it would be overnight. They have said a number of times the exchange period will last a year or so.

Do you think the 100 or so other redenominations that have happened in recent history didn't happen like you described... with the exception of overnight. They all had an exchange period. Some as short as 3 days, some as long as years.

Im not sure about the ranges of exchange periods. To be honest, I'll just take your word for it, because Im not sure what that has to do with what I posted. I was talking about the instant value change after the 30 trillion dinar disappear, poof! Were they ever there to begin with? Does it even matter?

Edited by Realdinar
  • Upvote 1

Im not sure about the ranges of exchange periods. To be honest, I'll just take your word for it, because Im not sure what that has to do with what I posted. I was talking about the instant value change after the 30 trillion dinar disappear, poof! Were they ever there to begin with? Does it even matter?

As I have said, even though I do not believe the CBI is telling the truth, they will be forgiven. Assuming the IMF is truly serious about financial wrongdoing, and not in on a kind of deal with the CBI, what would the IMF do if wrongdoing were discovered and truthfully reported in the media?

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 1

To me, the reason the LOP is unbelievable is because: LOP states Iraq, instead of honoring the notes in circulation that Iraq printed and I believe should be held accountable for, which would seem to be ethical, the LOP theory states they can just print new notes and poof everything is magically changed. 1000 IQD = 1 new note Iraq printed. Is this the real scam in the investment? If there is a security counterfeit issue, why wouldnt they say 1000 iqd = 1000 new note? Iraq can do whatever it wants, no accountability, its ok because a professor says so. Surely the fab 5 have thought about this if they really want to save us from ourselves.

Edited by Realdinar

To me, the reason the LOP is unbelievable is because: LOP states Iraq, instead of honoring the notes in circulation that Iraq printed and I believe should be held accountable for, which would seem to be ethical, the LOP theory states they can just print new notes and poof everything is magically changed. 1000 IQD = 1 new note Iraq printed. Is this the real scam in the investment? If there is a security counterfeit issue, why wouldnt they say 1000 iqd = 1000 new note? Iraq can do whatever it wants, no accountability, its ok because a professor says so. Surely the fab 5 have thought about this if they really want to save us from ourselves.

You make a good point. Re: DaveD's response to me about the Deutsche Mark, Deutsche Bundesbank was not as presumably irresponsible as has been Iraq in printing a gross excess of paper money.

We don't want to save you from yourself.

The RV is more likely to happen than the RD. With all of the media calling for an RD, there must be something that Shabibi and Maliki know but aren't saying. Even Shabibi stated that about the RV.

The RD is being announced to happen no later than January 1, 2013. The RV will happen before then If the RV is indeed to happen before the end of this year. It would be prudent to acquire as much IQD as possible.

People should be preparing for their retirement. $1 million is no longer enough to retire on. People will need $10 million or more to survive their retirement years. That number keeps going up after each year.

• Upvote 2

Again... this has alreqdy been done abourt 100 times in recent history.

The difference is a scam was run on this currency. People were led to believe the currency would RV 100,000% when there was never ever any chance or consideration of a big RV.

You could make a point that the CBI was fully aware of the scam being run, and they did nothing about it. I guess you could biuld an ethical argument around that.

• Upvote 1

Sans... I have noticed you were given the privilege to have 2 ID's ( Sanssouci and Sanssouci2) ... You're the second Member as far as I know in this position ( The other one being randalln / rockstar)....

That's only because I could never log in at home. I used the same name and password, but the site would always reject me. I inquired with the administrators, but never received a sufficient reply or remedy. At least I called it Sanssouci2 to avoid any confusion as to it being the same poster. It's nothing more untoward than that.

Someone might want to inform SWFlorida guy his math is off a bit. His new post in the rumor section he claims...

"For Iraq to RV on par with the USD would be a 1,000% increase."

He's only off by 99,000%

If Iraq RVd to one penny. that would be a 1000% increase.

A RV to $1 would be a 100,000% increase.

• Upvote 2

Someone might want to inform SWFlorida guy his math is off a bit. His new post in the rumor section he claims...

"For Iraq to RV on par with the USD would be a 1,000% increase."

He's only off by 99,000%

If Iraq RVd to one penny. that would be a 1000% increase.

A RV to $1 would be a 100,000% increase.

Is that all? Good job SWFG!!!!emot-downsbravo.gif

That's only because I could never log in at home. I used the same name and password, but the site would always reject me. I inquired with the administrators, but never received a sufficient reply or remedy. At least I called it Sanssouci2 to avoid any confusion as to it being the same poster. It's nothing more untoward than that.

Thanks.

Wait, are you not the one that thought putting the losers of a war on trial had occurred all throughout history? I believe you are!

The point is that your grasp of history is not quite what you think it is.

And the relevance of the point concerns the changes to the Deutsche Mark, introduced following World War II. No, there was not a 100,000% increase in value there, but the situation is very similar to that of Iraq. Besides, I have never confirmed to you or anyone exactly what I believe will happen regarding an RV of the Iraqi dinar. Save your straw man arguments for someone else.

No, I wish. I should come out with a pile of cash regardless.

So, you do not believe such information can be suppressed?

You're a joke. Refusing to state what you think so that you cant be "proven wrong" is weak and pathetic. Stick around San, it'll be funny to see your response when you finally realize the CBI has been telling the truth the entire time and all your ranting was just a delusional pipe dream dreamt up via your own ignorance and paranoia.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

In his article “the Truth about Iraqi Dinar Part 1 & 2”, Marcus Curtis wrote............

In February of 2012 the amount of currency out of the CBI in circulation was 28 trillion 538 billion. In March of that same year it ballooned to 34 trillion 999 billion. So in one month Shabibi released 6.5 trillion dinar

He was referring to CBI Key financial indicator dated April 11, 2012: Currency outside banks ~ for Jan, Feb, March 2012: 28,039, 28,538, 34,999 respectively.

That’s 6.46 Trillion dinar between Feb and March. WOW!! :o

and that was the final nail for Marcus. He sold all his dinar.....

“ All this seemed to be a nail in the coffin for the RV scenario. But the final nail came in February.I was on a conference call with someone friends in skype. We went to the CBI’sweb site. We downloaded an excel document. There was a document called Keyfinancial indicators. It had a date of Jan 2012 It said Iraq had over 28trillion outside of banks in physical money. Their M1 money supply is almosttriple that of our M2. It is crazy to expect a revalue of even 1 penny underthose circumstances. But let’s continue

http://www.cbi.iq/in...?pid=Statistics

Click on the link above and download this document for yourself scroll down to line 79 in the excel document. The one that is up there now is dated April 11th the information has updated. Now on that same line the currency outside of banks is 34 trillion 999 billion”

Yesterday…..i checked CBI Financial Indicator again.

CBI Key financial Indicator dated July 4th, 2012: Currency outside banks. For Jan, Feb, March: 28,038, 28,824, 29,141, respectively.

And I go WOW!! because this time….3 months later, they magically changed the March 2012 figure (Currency outside banks) from 34,999 in April to 29,141……. Believe me, that was no typo. :lol:

Could somebody have misread the instruction to “add into circulation 6.5 trillion dinar over x number of months”?? and lump it all in March instead..? :lol: :lol:

So much for CBI data..... B)

• Upvote 1

Members like you, Zul, are clearly far more qualified, or perhaps simply more diligent than I, to dig up data like this, and I certainly appreciate it. It lends credence to what, for me, amounts to little more than a hunch. In LOPster eyes, I guess that makes me a "joke." Or perhaps it is the fact that I "haven't done my homework." Whatever. It is not something I enjoy doing. Perhaps that makes me a frivolous investor, but by no means am I invested "heavily," whatever that is, in the Iraqi dinar. I merely have had a sneaking suspicion that the CBI, like most organs of government, is not the paragon of truth and transparency that the LOP crowd desperately needs for it to be. I am betting on the light at the end of their tunnel turning out to be an oncoming train.

There is certainly something to be said for the fact that their group is so tiny as compared to believers in an RV.

50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong... :D

The very reason why i post this... :)

and i'm one of those 50,000,000. :lol:

• Upvote 3

Members like you, Zul, are clearly far more qualified, or perhaps simply more diligent than I, to dig up data like this, and I certainly appreciate it. It lends credence to what, for me, amounts to little more than a hunch. In LOPster eyes, I guess that makes me a "joke." Or perhaps it is the fact that I "haven't done my homework." Whatever. It is not something I enjoy doing. Perhaps that makes me a frivolous investor, but by no means am I invested "heavily," whatever that is, in the Iraqi dinar. I merely have had a sneaking suspicion that the CBI, like most organs of government, is not the paragon of truth and transparency that the LOP crowd desperately needs for it to be. I am betting on the light at the end of their tunnel turning out to be an oncoming train.

There is certainly something to be said for the fact that their group is so tiny as compared to believers in an RV.

50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong... :D

Tiny? Lol! Virtually no one believes in an RV. Dinar investors are maybe, what, 1% of the population? The other 99% know it's total baloney.

Keep taking investment advice from idiots and liars like Okie and Hammerman though, I'm sure it'll pay off in the long run.

I'm no more a joke than you, a miserable LOPster who demands proof of a negative.

Which negative is that?

I'll be around to see how you square this general belief that Iraq is hopelessly corrupt with the LOPsters' faith that its financials are beyond reproach.

Paranoia, ignorance, delusion. Blah, blah, blah. Can you geniuses manage anything beyond trotting out the same shopworn cliches over and over?

Big Frank... :lol: The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

They don't have to be beyond reproach: the Proof is in the pudding, ie the street rate, which is????? Even less than 1166. The CBIs financials could be off by trillions and it wouldn't make an appreciable difference.

Edited by BigFrankD
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In his article “the Truth about Iraqi Dinar Part 1 & 2”, Marcus Curtis wrote............

He was referring to CBI Key financial indicator dated April 11, 2012: Currency outside banks ~ for Jan, Feb, March 2012: 28,039, 28,538, 34,999 respectively.

That’s 6.46 Trillion dinar between Feb and March. WOW!! :o

and that was the final nail for Marcus. He sold all his dinar.....

Yesterday…..i checked CBI Financial Indicator again.

CBI Key financial Indicator dated July 4th, 2012: Currency outside banks. For Jan, Feb, March: 28,038, 28,824, 29,141, respectively.

And I go WOW!! because this time….3 months later, they magically changed the March 2012 figure (Currency outside banks) from 34,999 in April to 29,141……. Believe me, that was no typo. :lol:

Could somebody have misread the instruction to “add into circulation 6.5 trillion dinar over x number of months”?? and lump it all in March instead..? :lol: :lol:

So much for CBI data..... B)

When the CBI first post the numbers they are highlighted in yellow. That means they are preliminary. They then adjust them to the actual number weeks later when they get bettter info.

That seems like a lot of trouble to go through to report fake numbers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When the CBI first post the numbers they are highlighted in yellow. That means they are preliminary. They then adjust them to the actual number weeks later when they get bettter info.

That seems like a lot of trouble to go through to report fake numbers.

No trouble at all if to decieve & confuse is there end game. Seems to have worked perfectly for some here that rely on the written word as gospel. No different than any gov entity......tell em what you want them to believe. Believe there actions/results not words or promises.

Without knowing the money supply numbers, absolutly no opinion can be made about the value of the dinar.

My opinion is based on numbers reported by the CBI, the IMF, and now near a hundred news articles where economist, CBI officials, Parliment members, Finance Committee members, and others have quoted those same numbers.

What number and from what source are you and other RVrs basing your opinion on? Simple question.

• Upvote 1