Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SWFloridaGuy Update

rsskelton

Brought over from another site

SWFloridaGuy Update

06/02/2012

6-2-2012 SWFloridaGuy: The IMF, UNSC, SIGR report, Finance Committee and CBI have all said they are not going to be able to move forward economically until the political crisis is resolved.

That doesn't mean that they have to be skipping down the street hand in hand and there will always be some political unrest there. It just means that they must implement what was formerly agreed upon with a seated GOI, power sharing and announcement of the Strategic Council.

That's all finally being resolved right now, so we're golden. June is a huge month for Iraq. They have meetings scheduled with both the IMF and UNSC, also tariffs go into effect on June 30th.

I think things could fall into place rather quickly this month. We'll see.

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 1

Im still holding to the note that they claim came from the White House, ERBAL, Then RV then Tariffs. Let hope this is whats going down . So if Tariffs go into play the 30th of June. We should se an RV real soon. :o

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Other than my firm belief that current party in the White House has a lot to do what's going on over there, in order for our favorite President in history, hmmmmmm!?? To get reelected....please school me on what tariffs have to do with anything; I'm just an aircraft mechanic and I don't know.

Tanks much,

Nomad

SWFloridaGuy Update

06/02/2012

6-2-2012 SWFloridaGuy: The IMF, UNSC, SIGR report, Finance Committee and CBI have all said they are not going to be able to move forward economically until the political crisis is resolved.

That doesn't mean that they have to be skipping down the street hand in hand and there will always be some political unrest there. It just means that they must implement what was formerly agreed upon with a seated GOI, power sharing and announcement of the Strategic Council.

That's all finally being resolved right now, so we're golden. June is a huge month for Iraq. They have meetings scheduled with both the IMF and UNSC, also tariffs go into effect on June 30th.

Direct and to the point, I like it .......... come on boys bring it on home ............................................

• Upvote 1

Other than my firm belief that current party in the White House has a lot to do what's going on over there, in order for our favorite President in history, hmmmmmm!?? To get reelected....please school me on what tariffs have to do with anything; I'm just an aircraft mechanic and I don't know.

Tanks much,

Nomad

Pretty simple really. The average Iraqi basically lives in poverty even though the country has some of the most vast amount of natural resources in the world. Iraq currently has to import pretty much everything. If a 50% tax is placed on imported goods, most Iraqis will not be able to survive it. JMO, they will need to RV the currency prior to the implementation of the tariffs if the people are to survive. I'm sure it's actually more complicated, but thats my " cliff- notes" version.

RSS

• Upvote 4

Pretty simple really... the country has some of the most vast amount of natural resources in the world. I'm sure it's actually more complicated, but thats my " cliff- notes" version.

RSS

Brother, I absolutely do not wish to start a debate with you. I have read many of your posts and I respect most of what you have to say, but I am about undone with statements like the one quoted from your post. It is not entirely acurate. The fact is, Iraq is not as rich in resources as many wish to believe. The United States has more known recoverable oil than the entire Middle East so the oil argument is not as strong or persuasive as folks want to believe. Now, before anyone goes off on me about being a negative nellie, you should know that I am largely positive about the potential to make some cool Ben Franklins on Iraqi currency. Like many here at DV, I have a few thousand tied up in IQD and have no intention of bailing out. I'm in, all the way to sink or swim, but there has been so much misinformation and factually deficient information set forth through the years that I just have to speak up. The following is a cut and paste from the US Department of State:

My link

Economy

Nominal GDP (2011 est.): $108.6 billion.

Nominal GDP per capita (2011 est., PPP): $3,877.

GDP real growth rate (2011 est.): 9.6%.

Rate of inflation (2011 est.): 5.0%.

Unemployment rate (2009 est.): 15.3%.

Budget (2011 enacted): Revenues--$69.2 billion; expenditures--$82.6 billion.

Public debt (Sept. 2011 est.): $53 billion to $79 billion.

Natural resources: Oil, natural gas, phosphates, sulfur.

Agriculture: Products--wheat, barley, rice, corn, chickpeas, beans, dates, cotton, sunflowers, cattle, sheep, and chickens.

Industry: Types--petroleum, chemicals, textiles, construction materials, food processing, fertilizer, metal fabrication/processing.

Trade: Exports (2011 est.)--$62.3 billion; export commodities--crude oil, crude materials excluding fuels, food and live animals. Export partners (2010)--U.S., India, South Korea, China. Imports (2011 est.)--$61.0 billion; import commodities--food, medicine, manufactured goods. Import partners (2009)--Turkey, U.S., China, and South Korea.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Regarding my post about US oil, the US Geological survey has done an outstanding job of cloaking the information and it will take some time to ferret out the facts again, but the information is there. Between the known West Texas Crude, Rocky Mountain Shale and the Bakken Range, the San Joaqin Basin and untold TRILLIONS of cubic feet of natural gas, the United States has enough proven hydrocarbon reserves to easily make the next one hundred years with relative ease while alternative sources of energy are developed. BTW, we do not have to be paying nearly 4 USD for a gallon of fuel to carry our commodities to market. We could reduce fuel prices by nearly half just by deregulating the O&G industry. We know how to recover oil and gas with clean and environmentally safe methods now and because I have spent most of my life in a peripheral industry I am convinced that most companies want to do environmentally responsible things. Yes. I want us to develop cleaner technologies than the internal combustion engine, but right now oil is what we have a great deal of, and we do not need the ME, including Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, the UAE or any other ME entity for our oil. The problem arises with bureaucrats twisting facts. When the USGS says recoverable oil they refer to wells that have been drilled and capped which can be tapped immediately, which is about 2% of what we know is there ready to be collected. Environmental whackos have lobbied to shut down hydrocarbon production and more than one politician has looked out for his/her own pocketbook and not ours. We've got our eyes on the right hand, but we'd better start watching the left hand because as with all magic acts something is going on where we are not looking. B)

• Upvote 5

Regarding my post about US oil, the US Geological survey has done an outstanding job of cloaking the information and it will take some time to ferret out the facts again, but the information is there. Between the known West Texas Crude, Rocky Mountain Shale and the Bakken Range, the San Joaqin Basin and untold TRILLIONS of cubic feet of natural gas, the United States has enough proven hydrocarbon reserves to easily make the next one hundred years with relative ease while alternative sources of energy are developed. BTW, we do not have to be paying nearly 4 USD for a gallon of fuel to carry our commodities to market. We could reduce fuel prices by nearly half just by deregulating the O&G industry. We know how to recover oil and gas with clean and environmentally safe methods now and because I have spent most of my life in a peripheral industry I am convinced that most companies want to do environmentally responsible things. Yes. I want us to develop cleaner technologies than the internal combustion engine, but right now oil is what we have a great deal of, and we do not need the ME, including Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, the UAE or any other ME entity for our oil. The problem arises with bureaucrats twisting facts. When the USGS says recoverable oil they refer to wells that have been drilled and capped which can be tapped immediately, which is about 2% of what we know is there ready to be collected. Environmental whackos have lobbied to shut down hydrocarbon production and more than one politician has looked out for his/her own pocketbook and not ours. We've got our eyes on the right hand, but we'd better start watching the left hand because as with all magic acts something is going on where we are not looking. B)

Glad you don't want to debate, because I couldn't debate against something I agree with. I realise that our own country has an immense amount of resourses that are not being accessed. No argument there, but what I think all I said was that Iraq had some of the worlds vast amount of natural resourses. Sorry if that upset you, but I don't retract the comment.

• Upvote 8

I am about undone with statements like the one quoted from your post. It is not entirely acurate. The fact is, Iraq is not as rich in resources as many wish to believe. The United States has more known recoverable oil than the entire Middle East so the oil argument is not as strong or persuasive as folks want to believe.

Someone negged you so I evened you out simply because what you say does hold water. The part of what you say that I take a bit of exception to is that you believe TRUTH has anything to do with how PERSUASIVE an arguement is. It doesn't matter what the truth is if you can get ENOUGH PEOPLE to believe YOUR VERSION of the truth. This whole "PLAN" may be propped up by a propaganda machine of the highest quality. And I'm counting on the effectiveness of that machine as much as you.

:D :cigar:and :soon: would suit me just fine!!!

• Upvote 2

SWFloridaGuy Update

06/02/2012

Your lips to G-Ds ears...

• Upvote 2

IMHO,

The RV is the next step in the 'end game' of geo-strategic resources and the potential capital associated with them. Not gonna do a rate or date as this is Iraq and it could drop tomorrow, it could drop right now, one never really knows. I grant that the US has plenty of oil. So do other countries. My guess would be that the intent is to bleed everyone else dry then shoot the price of our oil through the roof. Meanwhile, we will stumble through renewable resource so by the time the science is ready, we'll be well off of oil yet the countries that are too far behind us to catch up are gonna get hosed. But that's just me....

• Upvote 4

IMHO,

The RV is the next step in the 'end game' of geo-strategic resources and the potential capital associated with them. Not gonna do a rate or date as this is Iraq and it could drop tomorrow, it could drop right now, one never really knows. I grant that the US has plenty of oil. So do other countries. My guess would be that the intent is to bleed everyone else dry then shoot the price of our oil through the roof. Meanwhile, we will stumble through renewable resource so by the time the science is ready, we'll be well off of oil yet the countries that are too far behind us to catch up are gonna get hosed. But that's just me....

A nice theory and might take over 10 years or more to prove.

In the mean time the USA is sitting on a lot of OIL which isnt being drilled. That is very true. How the world turns... lol

We are just sheep being lead along the way.

• Upvote 2

A nice theory and might take over 10 years or more to prove.

In the mean time the USA is sitting on a lot of OIL which isnt being drilled. That is very true. How the world turns... lol

We are just sheep being lead along the way.

I think the difference is that some of us have an iddea, or know, where this is going and are making ourselves more prepared than the average citizen. Yeah, we're in for a long ride so let's try to make it as comfortable as possible. Here's to good fortune!!!

• Upvote 1

Im still holding to the note that they claim came from the White House, ERBAL, Then RV then Tariffs. Let hope this is whats going down . So if Tariffs go into play the 30th of June. We should se an RV real soon. :o

I'm still holding onto alot of notes :unsure:

all denominations :)

I think the difference is that some of us have an iddea, or know, where this is going and are making ourselves more prepared than the average citizen. Yeah, we're in for a long ride so let's try to make it as comfortable as possible. Here's to good fortune!!!

This was not suppose to be a long ride.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

pureau/rss...thx to both of you posters and you both are correct so no conflict...we have a wealth of undeveloped resources due primarily for the same reasons no cure for disease like cancer....manipulation and greed by controlling factions..and of course Iraq has a similar situation...don't mean to sound negative just stating my humble, worthless opinion...maybe some time in the not so far off future leaders will emerge that will benefit both countries...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah but isnt it the sweet crude that the oil companies want? Because it is cheaper to get and refine?

Tanks much,

Nomad

Thanks for asking that question. I never have firured out how the tarrifs fit in. But who should we ask?

Don't feel bad, I'm just a dumb construction guy. You're probably higher on the evolution scale. Closer to Rocket Science.

How about you pick the date and rate???

Edited by DWitte