Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

3-18-2012 SWFloridaGuru: We have received reports that steps have been adopted for the advancement and modernization of the Iraqi economy. After decades of war and economic blockades, institutions took the initiative to reach this goal. This has been a joint effort from the CBI, GOI, IMF, World Bank, BIS as well as influential and powerful countries such as the US and China. They have faced significant challenges in the process of achieving economic and financial stability and still managed to promote development at an accelerated pace. To us it may seem like this has taken forever but that is because much of this process is hidden from our eyes. This is far more complex than we can imagine and has never been just "pushing a button." The transformation we are about to witness has never been accomplished on this scale before and will have global financial implications. Part of this plan is to stabilize domestic prices, prevent further dollarization, enter the WTO with full ascension and maintain a stable, competitive, market-based system. To ensure the stability of the dinar and contribute to economic growth, Iraq has provided resources and monetary/financial plans necessary for their development. Iraq's banking sector has successfully implemented and updated procedures according to the best electronic systems used internationally. They have increased coordination between the branches and the ministry of finance and will prove their independence by strengthening the economy and achieving their goals, one of which is to have a tradeable currency. Poor security and political instability has lead to a severe dollarization phenomenon and Iraq has set out on an educational campaign to inform the public of the upcoming changes and give them confidence in the dinar once again. This is a delicate process because they must do this without alerting the world to the upcoming RV/RI. Steps are being implemented now to stabilize the foreign exchange market and the Iraqi dinar exchange rate against the dollar. No one knows the rate or the date and many of the bank screen numbers have been misinterpreted. However, we are certain the process is underway. IMF and CBI contacts have confirmed this. We hope to see Iraq join the world leaders as an economic power by the Summit.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

"Poor security and political instability has lead to a severe dollarization phenomenon and Iraq has set out on an educational campaign to inform the public of the upcoming changes and give them confidence in the dinar once again."

I know how they could increase my confidence!!! :)

***///

Systems testing can go on for weeks.... even months.

Former V.P. of computers for Lehman Bros. (old friend) said knocking random dummy rates & numbers around

whilst testing are usually NEVER the actual solid numbers due to potential for insider trading/corruption/runs on currency.

• Upvote 2

***///

Systems testing can go on for weeks.... even months.

Former V.P. of computers for Lehman Bros. (old friend) said knocking random dummy rates & numbers around

whilst testing are usually NEVER the actual solid numbers due to potential for insider trading/corruption/runs on currency.

Sgt thanks for the post, is this a real quote by you or did you just find this fact somewhere? either way its interesting

SWFlorida.....since this is your first post, I have a question for you......you can answer it with fact if you know it or give your opinion as you believe it to be, either will give me some perspective on where you are in this thing.

Here goes.......How much Iraqi dinar is in circulation today? ;)

Thanks

• Upvote 2

SWFlorida.....since this is your first post, I have a question for you......you can answer it with fact if you know it or give your opinion as you believe it to be, either will give me some perspective on where you are in this thing.

Here goes.......How much Iraqi dinar is in circulation today? ;)

Thanks

BINGO!! :)

Sgt thanks for the post, is this a real quote by you or did you just find this fact somewhere? either way its interesting

***///

This IS a real quote from me.

And I saw that SWFL GURU actually quoted me in his writings on DR RECAPS this morning when I read their threads only moments ago. :P

No need to doubt my veracity, I've lived a LONG time and am chock-a-block full of both useful & useless information. :D

I have been friends w/ former LEHMAN BROS. V.P. guy for about 20+ years now and we often discuss fiscal and monetary issues.

SO when it came to rates showing on banking institution screens, he, naturally, was my go-to guy.

He still lives in Wilmington, DE (financial capitol) and is VERY much still 'in the loop'... and I, therefore, have no reason to doubt HIS veracity.

Thanks for giving it some credence, though. It seemed to make sense to me, so thought I'd share it in the interest of keeping to Adam's credo

of staying even-keeled and informed. :)