Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What a great speech!!!

tampa1000

I have to wonder if the way I feel when our President gives his SOTUA is the way that my teenager feels when I am speaking.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Well that was kind of fun. :lol: I should do it more often :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for asking!!! How about adding 5 TRILLION to our nations dept after both wars were winding down and it was mostlly done in the 1st year now he is asking for another 1.2 TRILLION TO ADD TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU tell me where did all the money go and WE have to pay for it??????????????????? Their are 5 TRILLIONS REASONS NOT TO LIKE OBAMA!!!!!!!!! HOPE I MADE IT VERY CLEAR!!! But we could go on and on..........its much more..............

Don't forget the campaign promises of working together and transparency, putting bills on a website so the public could see them before they were passed turning into closed door lockout meetings and back door bribes.

Calling anyone who is Republican, 1/2 of us, the enemy, I mean really? Come on talk about uniting the country!

Or how about the statement that American workers are just lazy? Hmmm has nothing to do with the fact he hasn't created any jobs, and govt jobs don't count, they produce nothing but a drain on the tax pool, granted some are needed most are not.

Giving our drone secrets to the Chinese and the Iranians.

Giving our missile technology to the Russians.

What I thought was funny was the part in the speech about how well GM is doing! Yeah they are Government Motors is doing wonderful on our tax dollars, I want a shareholder discount on my next Escalade!

Giving our road/bridge reconstruction stimulus money to a company out of Canada, yeah that helped create jobs.

Having a guy who writes songs about killing cops and president Bush do a gig at the White House, yeah that made the law enforcement folks happy.

Suing companies for not hiring union thugs, made some more people happy.

Suing Arizona for upholding federal laws they should have been doing.

Forcing Obamacare down our throats when the one bill they did put up for public opinion showed we were unanimously against it.

Having a bunch of tax cheats and thugs for advisers.

Oh and the GM thing by the way, most people were not aware of the fact that when they closed over 800 dealerships supposedly at random, all but 2 donated to the Republican party.

It goes on and on and on, and yes I know it wasn't just Obama that did this stuff it was the rest of his administration as well, problem is when you are the boss you are responsible for your people.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for asking!!! How about adding 5 TRILLION to our nations dept after both wars were winding down and it was mostlly done in the 1st year now he is asking for another 1.2 TRILLION TO ADD TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU tell me where did all the money go and WE have to pay for it??????????????????? Their are 5 TRILLIONS REASONS NOT TO LIKE OBAMA!!!!!!!!! HOPE I MADE IT VERY CLEAR!!! But we could go on and on..........its much more..............

Ok 2 part responce...

1) Imagine taking over a billion dollar company like Mcdonalds... But when you got it, it (for some strange reason ;) ) dwindled down to worth about $50,000... But now you are, eh hem, "solely" responsible for it making it's way back to the billion dollar empire that it once was... I'd imagine your 1st year would somehow have some residual dept effects as you took over no matter how great of a decision maker you were, and despite how many people (with equal or possibly even greater power) oppose every single decision you make, just because it's you that made it...

( I have actually heard republicans say that our biggest goal is to get Obama out of office, in case you're wondering, & all I could think about was "Really? Of all these things wrong, That's your biggest goal? Smh)

2) When you say "WE" are you talking about you and the rest of the citizens that make 1 million or more dollars per year? Because as far as I can tell atleast, those are the people who Obama is trying to get more money from. And in my opinion he is correct (yes I said it, Obama is correct about something) in charging those people more as opposed to people who are struggling to pay there mortgages, afford health care, and feed their children... I just can't understand for the life of me how any human being with a brain and a heart disagree with this? Obama has stressed this point 1000 times because he should, Why should Warren Buffet's secretary spend more in taxes then he does?

Can someone please explain the opposition's side to this... I just can't see it...

Once again, I'm not trying to start a war here, just looking for insightful opinions from you all, and giving my opinion and outlook at the same time...

• Upvote 2

Don't forget the campaign promises of working together and transparency, putting bills on a website so the public could see them before they were passed turning into closed door lockout meetings and back door bribes.

Calling anyone who is Republican, 1/2 of us, the enemy, I mean really? Come on talk about uniting the country!

Or how about the statement that American workers are just lazy? Hmmm has nothing to do with the fact he hasn't created any jobs, and govt jobs don't count, they produce nothing but a drain on the tax pool, granted some are needed most are not.

What I thought was funny was the part in the speech about how well GM is doing! Yeah they are Government Motors is doing wonderful on our tax dollars, I want a shareholder discount on my next Escalade!

Giving our road/bridge reconstruction stimulus money to a company out of Canada, yeah that helped create jobs.

Having a guy who writes songs about killing cops and president Bush do a gig at the White House, yeah that made the law enforcement folks happy.

Forcing Obamacare down our throats when the one bill they did put up for public opinion showed we were unanimously against it.

Oh and the GM thing by the way, most people were not aware of the fact that when they closed over 800 dealerships supposedly at random, all but 2 donated to the Republican party.

It goes on and on and on, and yes I know it wasn't just Obama that did this stuff it was the rest of his administration as well, problem is when you are the boss you are responsible for your people.

That was great, how easy we forget all the details, I agree 100%!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

It has nothing to do with hate. It has everything to do with honesty, and there is no honesty in Obama, for everything he has ever said was a lie, after lie. You people that keep believing Obama are the problem, and you need to come clean about that, and be honest yourselves, because you have a serious sickness. So you are dropping the mic, and never coming back here again? Well do not let the door hit you in your behind on the way out, because I am sure nobody will miss you. LOL!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok 2 part responce...

1) Imagine taking over a billion dollar company like Mcdonalds... But when you got it, it (for some strange reason ;) ) dwindled down to worth about $50,000... But now you are, eh hem, "solely" responsible for it making it's way back to the billion dollar empire that it once was... I'd imagine your 1st year would somehow have some residual dept effects as you took over no matter how great of a decision maker you were, and despite how many people (with equal or possibly even greater power) oppose every single decision you make, just because it's you that made it...

( I have actually heard republicans say that our biggest goal is to get Obama out of office, in case you're wondering, & all I could think about was "Really? Of all these things wrong, That's your biggest goal? Smh)

2) When you say "WE" are you talking about you and the rest of the citizens that make 1 million or more dollars per year? Because as far as I can tell atleast, those are the people who Obama is trying to get more money from. And in my opinion he is correct (yes I said it, Obama is correct about something) in charging those people more as opposed to people who are struggling to pay there mortgages, afford health care, and feed their children... I just can't understand for the life of me how any human being with a brain and a heart disagree with this? Obama has stressed this point 1000 times because he should, Why should Warren Buffet's secretary spend more in taxes then he does?

Can someone please explain the opposition's side to this... I just can't see it...

Once again, I'm not trying to start a war here, just looking for insightful opinions from you all, and giving my opinion and outlook at the same time...

Just a quick lil point of clarification: Warren Buffett's secretary doesn't pay MORE in taxes than him. He actually posts a lot more - in the millions, i'm sure. The secretary just end up paying more of a percentage of his/her salary than Mr. Buffett does...

• Upvote 2

Just a quick lil point of clarification: Warren Buffett's secretary doesn't pay MORE in taxes than him. He actually posts a lot more - in the millions, i'm sure. The secretary just end up paying more of a percentage of his/her salary than Mr. Buffett does...

We get it!!! But Obama tried to make it look like she paid more, another miss leading statement on BO side!!! Thanks for making it clear...

• Upvote 2

Ok 1st I'll say thanks for the detailed responce...

And there's no way I'll argue all of those with you, because I'm honestly not aware of some of them :D ... But for the sake of argument...

As far as the "working together" part... Can you honestly tell me, you know 100% for sure that he lied about this? That there's no way possible that he really did reach out and try to work things out with the republicans so they can try and come to terms on the issues at hand? From everything I can see, he did... From what I can tell it was the republican side being childish (atleast from my view) in not listening to anything he has to say or negotiating or even attempting to do anything in the form of bi-partisanship...

And also for the sake of argument, lets say that I'm right about all that... After so long of trying to speak like adults with these people, would you not call them the enemy?

Lol, By the way... Who's the song writter he put in the White House?

Ok I can understand that...

So do you think that makes it ok?

Ok 2 part responce...

Okay #2 I can understand your point the problem is if you look at the 1% making that kind of money you could tax them 50% and it still wouldn't even begin to solve the problem. He covered all the bases tonight small business, education, military, bank loans, college, the problem is we've heard this all before when he was running for election. He's had 3 years and he's made things worse and is still blaming it on Bush. The housing bubble was caused by his boys, the Dems were the watchdog on the whole thing and dropped the ball. As far as the Mac's Supperclub scenario, he had a majority when he got elected and couldn't even rally his own troops to get stuff done so that doesn't fly. The so called party of NO had no control over anything when he took office, but the mindless sheep who adore him still blame them and refuse to see they couldn't have stopped him if they wanted to. Where is the budget by the way? Enough political talk for me you kids play nice! :D I can't remember the name of the song writer it was a rapper of some sort and I can't stand that type of music, my kids could probably tell ya though :D it was during some sort of White House performance and there was a huge amount of uproar from it by law enforcement.

That's exactly right!

• Upvote 1

More of the same BS sounds great but no plan. Let me make one thing clear gang, I have NOTHING against Ron Paul, however by looking at the numbers it's going to be Romney or Newt going up against Obama, Paul can not win, the republican side is not following him according to the polls, the dems will definitely not follow him, so that leaves the independents in the middle and a few stragglers from either side. The numbers don't add up to beat Obama. What worries me is that Paul may very well get Obama reelected, and if it comes down to it a vote for RP, again not that I don't like some of things he believes in, actually in a match your candidate site my opinions pinned him to be my best candidate by far, will turn out to be a vote away from Mitt or Newt, which in turn becomes a vote for O. Maybe the Mayans were right maybe the world really will end as we know it this fall, the worst catastrophe we could be facing is Obama staying in office! :angry:

Wonder why O didn't talk about giving up our missile info to the Russians? :P

Who controls the polls. Don't fall into that trap. The media pulls that ticket out anytime they want to put fear into people. Ron Paul will quit and tell his constituents who he would vote for if it comes to that. Ron Paul all the way for me. I don' believe ANYTHING the media says. I do not believe any thing the White House says either. And I for sure don't believe anything Obama says. I wouldn't go to a church where I could not trust the Pastor and I will never vote for a man to be President who has proven he is a liar. Obama is a liar and the truth is not him.

Edited by CrappieShark

One more question...

To everyone saying he's a lier (I'm not saying he's not)... But what do you know for 100% fact that he's lied about? The reason I ask is because it seems that everything he "try's" to do is in his best attempt to do good for the country (I honestly don't get that same feeling coming from most other politicians), alot of things just may not have worked out the way he planned, we can argue for weeks about why they didn't, but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the "he's a lier" comments...

I think that if I told you all that I plan to do some things to make this a better DV board for you guys, but in the end I am unsuccessful... I don't think that makes me a lier. Maybe a failure... Not a lier

I do have mixed emotions on the tax statement though, being a business owner, (and I don't have to worry because I'm no where close to that level of income) But take this scenario for an example: You take your money and open a business, you pay outrageous property taxes, insurance to keep from getting sued, unemployment, health insurance, etc. which pretty much sucks up the majority of any profit you can take for yourself. Meanwhile your employees don't feel the same way about your business as you do as it's not their butt's and money on the line and they can walk away at any time and get another job. Some steal because they think they are under paid or you are making to much money, some will claim work comp but then go snowmobiling and fishing (with their bad back work injury) leaving you to pick up the tab. As an employee you go home forget work and enjoy the rest of the day, as an employer your work follows you 24/7 365 days a year, there is no escape. People who have never had a business, (not saying you, I have no idea what you do for a living) have no idea what it takes emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially to start and run a successful business, that's why they work for someone else (not that there is anything wrong with that as people have different life goals and ideas of what success is to them). So why do people go thru the major pain to start a business? Because they believe in the American dream! They put their butts, homes, money, and lives on the line to pursue that dream. Now if that person gets taxed down so bad that their employees make more money then they do, well then that dream is destroyed and people get the attitude why bother to work hard to be successful and achieve more when I'm going to make the same as the employee anyway and have no responsibilities, you tax the hardest working, brightest minds, and biggest risk takers back to mediocrity and unemployment will be insane as they will just close shop because the dream has been taken away from them. And that my friend is why most of the small & large business owners don't like Obama, he is trying to take that dream and give their money to people who don't deserve it.

• Upvote 4

Dr. Paul can defeat him.

How? You have these Idiots in N.H. that went for who? Romney. I'm ashamed to admit that i live in N.H. Then you have S.C. now that State is really crammed with Idiots. They can't see the light. What is wrong with these people?

I say we all ban together and march on Washington and carry posters declaring what Ron Paul wants for this Country. Millions of people don't even know or care what or who gets in. We have to be the ones to show these

people what Ron Paul stands for. Posters that state. "Obumma wanted to take your S.S. and medicaid to support his agenda." Signs that state all his negative laws just for us American people. GO RV

No, W is the worst president we have ever had! It's funny how people tend to forget... We are in the shape we are in due to the last administration......... dry.gif Get over yourselves.....!

Pull your head out of your butt and then wake up and redo that quote. Ummmmmmm, I think obummer is the winner, hahahaha GO RV

• Upvote 1

Great speach. A speach is only words & words are meaningless unless put to use.

Obama's right about one thing. Government is broken. Both parties must put the interest of the country before their own interests.

If Newt & Clinton worked so well together to get things done, then so can Boener & Obama as well.

No, W is the worst president we have ever had! It's funny how people tend to forget... We are in the shape we are in due to the last administration......... dry.gif Get over yourselves.....!

Hi Cynthia, I am more inclined to agree with you in these modern times... +1. But this site is 70% anti-Obama.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

I do have mixed emotions on the tax statement though, being a business owner, (and I don't have to worry because I'm no where close to that level of income) But take this scenario for an example: You take your money and open a business, you pay outrageous property taxes, insurance to keep from getting sued, unemployment, health insurance, etc. which pretty much sucks up the majority of any profit you can take for yourself. Meanwhile your employees don't feel the same way about your business as you do as it's not their butt's and money on the line and they can walk away at any time and get another job. Some steal because they think they are under paid or you are making to much money, some will claim work comp but then go snowmobiling and fishing (with their bad back work injury) leaving you to pick up the tab. As an employee you go home forget work and enjoy the rest of the day, as an employer your work follows you 24/7 365 days a year, there is no escape. People who have never had a business, (not saying you, I have no idea what you do for a living) have no idea what it takes emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially to start and run a successful business, that's why they work for someone else (not that there is anything wrong with that as people have different life goals and ideas of what success is to them). So why do people go thru the major pain to start a business? Because they believe in the American dream! They put their butts, homes, money, and lives on the line to pursue that dream. Now if that person gets taxed down so bad that their employees make more money then they do, well then that dream is destroyed and people get the attitude why bother to work hard to be successful and achieve more when I'm going to make the same as the employee anyway and have no responsibilities, you tax the hardest working, brightest minds, and biggest risk takers back to mediocrity and unemployment will be insane as they will just close shop because the dream has been taken away from them. And that my friend is why most of the small & large business owners don't like Obama, he is trying to take that dream and give their money to people who don't deserve it.

As a struggling small business owner this is spot on.I have friends in the same industry a i am they make more money than i do,and have a third of the resposability that i do as a business owner.Just doesn't seem fair to the hardworking men and womes who want the dream of having there own business and being successful.Any more there's no success and only survival...

• Upvote 1

As I listened to our POTUS last night I wondered how we were going to pay for all these nice programs he was proposing,then like lightning he gave me/us the answer. Those filthy, greedy rich who should be ashamed of themselves for being successful and don't pay their fair share in taxes. Same song and dance,create class warfare on the taxpayer minority that pays the majority of taxes,how original. Maybe we should re-work the tax laws or here's a novel idea, how bout we have ALL pay taxes instead of only 49%. But thats mean spirited and just plain wrong right? We as a nation used to encourage success now we demonize it. We as a people have allowed a self-entitlement society that relies on our government to solve all of our problems at the expense of the taxpayer. And when the govenment can't pay for debt it's created well it;s not the Governments fault so they have to find someone/group to blame or be the scapegoat, wala attack the easiest target. I got an idea how about straightening up your own(gov) financial failures before tackling more debt and QUIT blaming others via class warfare. Our POTUS asks for unity from all but does'nt practice what he preaches with his hate speech.These are my opinions and I support them,Best to all that strive to achieve the Best.

• Upvote 2