Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi on CNN this hour

OregonHopeful

I just saw Allawi on CNN. He said that when the US pulled out of Iraq, we left the country unstable and Democracy was not fully established. He noted that Iran still has a heavy influence in the country. We still see many bombings in Iraq. They do not want the U.S. back in their country but understand that the U.S. has a moral obligation to help Iraq and it can be done via political dialog. That is the jist of what I was able to get. :unsure:

• Upvote 3

Well, the Iraq portion of the program is over. Allawi basically said how unstable the governement of Iraq is (we knew that!) and he was trying to say without coming right out and saying it, how Malalki is a dictator.

Fareed had a couple of other guests on. They talked about the Iran infleunce on Iraq. It appears it is very strong. Also, the Kurds and Sunni's are worried about the F16's that are ordered.

Nothing was talked about the economy. This is the most dangerous period for Iraq (they said). Also, that the US shouldn't go back as troops, but is still involved (and needs to be) in the government of Iraq. They said the US has "leverage".

They said the Kurds are basically operating as it's own country. "The only thing missing is it's own flag at the United Nations".

I think the US will need to stop Iran to get any major change in Iraq. (my own opinion) or else change the government in Iraq. They way it is now is very dangerous.

They said the government of Iraq has stopped moving forward (we knew that already too).

I think that about covers it... if anyone else saw it, can you add anything?

• Upvote 5

Well, the Iraq portion of the program is over. Allawi basically said how unstable the governement of Iraq is (we knew that!) and he was trying to say without coming right out and saying it, how Malalki is a dictator.

Fareed had a couple of other guests on. They talked about the Iran infleunce on Iraq. It appears it is very strong. Also, the Kurds and Sunni's are worried about the F16's that are ordered.

Nothing was talked about the economy. This is the most dangerous period for Iraq (they said). Also, that the US shouldn't go back as troops, but is still involved (and needs to be) in the government of Iraq. They said the US has "leverage".

They said the Kurds are basically operating as it's own country. "The only thing missing is it's own flag at the United Nations".

I think the US will need to stop Iran to get any major change in Iraq. (my own opinion) or else change the government in Iraq. They way it is now is very dangerous.

They said the government of Iraq has stopped moving forward (we knew that already too).

I think that about covers it... if anyone else saw it, can you add anything?

That was about it!

He also said that al Quada is back up and running there as you can see by the bombings....

He did not really put Maliki down as I thought he would.....

He said Iran needs to change their tune to get along..

Overall I thought it would be much worse but I'm going to watch it again to see if I can pick up anything else...

I do think we may to be waiting a little longer tho......but maybe not much longer.....we will see...

• Upvote 2

Most don't understand....we need to be in these places to keep the world safe...i.e if they blow each other up it affects us globally.Both financial and yes our own survival.Sick of people bashing us for standing up for whats right.Many wars we have fought have saved millions of lives.We have helped those who can't help themselves.The problem has always been greed and politics.This may never change just as my resolve to help those who need help wherever they live.

• Upvote 4

To add to Oregon's input, and thank you, the two guests with Zakaria were Max Boot (huge, huge, proponent of the war) and Peter Galbraith.

I am somewhat getting the feeling that no one on the tee vee is very bothered by Iran's interest in Iraq. Well, they are all Shites.........but let's not forget that Iran is not having a kumbuya moment. They want the oil, and in that, they get control of who? The US, China, Russia????

The Shite politicans in Iraq may want Iran involved because of power, but I doubt if the Shite people of Iraq want it, and the Sunnis must be looking around every corner.

ps. I did not hear all of Allawi's interview, but what I did hear was that the US needed to support them, but I did not hear anything regarding what they could do to solve their own fricking problems. JMO.

• Upvote 1

Most don't understand....we need to be in these places to keep the world safe...i.e if they blow each other up it affects us globally.Both financial and yes our own survival.Sick of people bashing us for standing up for whats right.Many wars we have fought have saved millions of lives.We have helped those who can't help themselves.The problem has always been greed and politics.This may never change just as my resolve to help those who need help wherever they live.

I agree %100 but these people really need to get their act together. They are worse then children and how much hand holding can we do...enough is enough

• Upvote 1

To add to Oregon's input, and thank you, the two guests with Zakaria were Max Boot (huge, huge, proponent of the war) and Peter Galbraith.

I am somewhat getting the feeling that no one on the tee vee is very bothered by Iran's interest in Iraq. Well, they are all Shites.........but let's not forget that Iran is not having a kumbuya moment. They want the oil, and in that, they get control of who? The US, China, Russia????

The Shite politicans in Iraq may want Iran involved because of power, but I doubt if the Shite people of Iraq want it, and the Sunnis must be looking around every corner.

ps. I did not hear all of Allawi's interview, but what I did hear was that the US needed to support them, but I did not hear anything regarding what they could do to solve their own fricking problems. JMO.

Good points Carrello, let me add a few more things after watching it again. Alliwi said that the political problem was running along sectarianism lines, sectarianism as a conflict between groups (Shiite's, Sunni's and Kurds) but he says that the bombings are from the al Qaeda which is operating in full force once again in Iraq. It is al Qaeda that is causing the sectarianism problem, I believe.

Alliwi asking the US to hold their hand and ask Maliki to work with the US Administration to solve their problems is in itself interesting to me and here is why. Reading everything that Alliwi says bad about Maliki but yet in this interview he never accused Maliki of any of the things that we have read about. He to me is the biggest whiner of all, JMO.

Edited by Stryker365

The IMF, The Federal Reserve, The World Bank & The DOD Banking Division, with a LIGHT Bouquet of CBI SUBTLETIES, Now Control Iraq's Currency. Stare At the Oil While I Create The Currency.Job Well Done.Internal fighting will go on long after DinarBot expires. Meet ME at the Worlds Largest US Embassy.

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 2

Good points Carrello, let me add a few more things after watching it again. Alliwi said that the political problem was running along sectarianism lines, sectarianism as a conflict between groups (Shiite's, Sunni's and Kurds) but he says that the bombings are from the al Qaeda which is operating in full force once again in Iraq. It is al Qaeda that is causing the sectarianism problem, I believe.

Alliwi asking the US to hold their hand and ask Maliki to work with the US Administration to solve their problems is in itself interesting to me and here is why. Reading everything that Alliwi says bad about Maliki but yet in this interview he never accused Maliki of any of the things that we have read about. He to me is the biggest whiner of all, JMO.

And if he had criticized Maliki, he really would have looked like a whiner on US tee vee. Apparently, he is a smart whiner.

• Upvote 1