Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank plans to launch three categories after deletion of zeros from the Iraqi dinar

yota691

Complete agree. I know that many Iraqi's are uneducated but you would have to be a serious village idiot not to get taking three zeros of 1000 looks like 1. It is more than childlike and would not have needed Shabbibi and gang to constantly explain it on seemingly a monthly basis.

But I have given up understanding the gibberish that comes out of Babylon.

That's why they call noncommunicable language "babble"!

Speaking of a Boxster, I have checked some out on line and may purchase one when I go home in April! If it Rds or RVs, doesn't matter which I will put the money toward the car. :lol:

Great car, I almost bought one right before I found out I was getting divorced, so I didn't want the X to have it! :P Then got settled in and was going to again go buy one, as a pal of mine in Florida has one and loves it, and I seen a spoiled little brat driving one for her first car at my son's high school, yeah I know I know sour grapes. So now I've decided on a Ferrari F430 Spyder instead! B)

Anyway back to the article, I was hoping to see it on here being discussed and after reading everyone's thoughts, I'm in the this is smoke boat. I agree that they wouldn't be worried about counterfeiting and pulling in as many bills as they can as quickly as they can. (This was stated in an article not to long ago by the CBI that this is exactly what they are doing with the auctions, and we actually discussed it here on DV.) I also remember reading an interview article with Shabs saying they wanted the strongest currency in the ME, and lopping would not do that, but it would throw egg all over Shabs face pointing to a lousy job of managing their currency, which we all know none of them want that. Also there was an article about the IMF or whoever congratulating them on having a strong currency (which I don't understand as of right now it's still worth a little more than toilet paper. :lol: One way or another I think something is about to go down so hopefully we shall all have our answer soon. I'm actually leaving to run into my office to order another batch of dinar after reading this. Hopefully no one accuses me of being a pumper for this, because I could really care less how much dinar anyone has, and I don't want to drive by my son's high school and see a parking lot full of Ferrari 430 Spyders! So the fewer the merrier GO RV!! :P:lol: :lol:

WOW....first thanks Elixiar for the break down. After reading this article I freaked out. Then two things accured to me. This article goes hand in hand with the 3 phases article from last weekend. Go back and read it then read this. So I think your right EB that this is education combined with a smoke bomb. Secondly I opperate on the KISS theroy. A 25 dinar note is still just a 25 dinar note. They gotta rasie the value or they have gone no where. No one is using the dinar now they are really not going to use it if its still worthless....just in a smaller more convienient package. So hopefully I'm not wrong, its hard to break an article down when you just roll out of bed......Cheers to ya all!!!!!!

That's how I see it. If they just remove the zero's but the value still remains the same all they've done is remove paper from circulation. Nothing for the Iraqi people to cheer about there.

GH

• Upvote 1

That's how I see it. If they just remove the zero's but the value still remains the same all they've done is remove paper from circulation. Nothing for the Iraqi people to cheer about there.

GH

How can you consider a 200 dinar bill that is worth over 160 USD to be "worthless"? Thats what implementing the plan in this article will result in

If 160 USD is worthless, then hundred dollar bills must be really worthless, so you should probably just send me every hundred dollar bill you come across? Need my address so you can do that.

Society is based totally on conspiracy....

Exactly. I don't think he realizes that his mom and dad were engaged in a conspiracy when they made him.

True. However, I could only assume that the counterfeiters were manufacturing mass quantities in order for it to matter. Thus, the issue with supply. Again, this is my take on it. It makes sense the "supply" concern that they mention could only be a factor as it would take a HUGE amount to make those guys a real profit in dealing.

At today's exchange rate, yes. But perhaps the counterfeiters as well are looking at the dinar increasing in value. No, I would bet on that.

And the Tower of Babel is often depicted in the background of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Trivia, I know.

Not as much as you might think, Carrello.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Saleh added that "the three categories consist of 200 dinars, which is equal to 200 thousand dinars at the present time and a 100 dinars, which is equal to 100 thousand dinars, and the category of 50 dinars, which is equal to 50 thousand dinars, in addition to the coin of the category of the dinar and Dinarin as well as half and quarter dinars and 100 fils and dirham ".

I am afraid this does not sounds good for us :( This means that our 1 Million IQD will equal roughly $1,000 if it RV's at a 1 to 1 as they have said they would.

The reason we are hearing the same story over, and over, an over is that they are educating the people of Iraq. These articles are not for us, we are the voyeurs looking in on what Iraq is doing and saying. Every time Saleh says anything it is about what they are going to do with the replacing of the 000s. This "education process" of what will happen to the dinar has been going on since early last year and I hope it is coming to some type of conclusion an the stop educating and start the process. I'm educated!!! RV already!!

....and why wouldn't you want to hear directly from the CBI what it is they are doing???????????

They are educating all of us what they are doing and it is not what we wanted to hear so we will call it smoke and mirrors instead of the truth :(

DrC

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it is not what we wanted to hear so we will call it smoke and mirrors instead of the truth sad.gif

DrC

Yep.....thats how it goes in dinarland.....or its just twisted and mangled into something that we want to happen....this is the farthest thing from what we want to happen but for some reason people are happy about this article....along with all the others that talk about lopping....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I am afraid this does not sound good for us :(

Of course it doesn't sound good. But do you believe everything you hear, Mr. Obvious?

....and why wouldn't you want to hear directly from the CBI what it is they are doing??????????? They are educating all of us what they are doing and it is not what we wanted to hear so we will call it smoke and mirrors instead of the truth :(

Beyond a rate change, why would want to believe everything you hear directly from the CBI? The CBI doesn't care about us. Keep on smoking.

Yep.....thats how it goes in dinarland.....or its just twisted and mangled into something that we want to happen....this is the farthest thing from what we want to happen but for some reason people are happy about this article....along with all the others that talk about lopping....

We're happy because we don't believe the article, Keep. But that's okay if it's your sacred cow. We're firing up the grill.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Of course it doesn't sound good. But do you believe everything you hear, Mr. Obvious?

Beyond a rate change, why would want to believe everything you hear directly from the CBI? The CBI doesn't care about us. Keep on smoking.

We're happy because we don't believe the article, Keep. But that's okay if it's your sacred cow. We're firing up the grill.

Why dont you look through the thread and see how many people are happy or think this is good news.......if you dont believe that its true what they want to do, thats another story and would not pertain to you.... but it doesnt even have to stop there....look through some of the other forums and see what deleting the zeros means to them LOL

Edited by keepmwlknfny
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Why dont you look through the thread and see how many people are happy or think this is good news.......if you dont believe that its true what they want to do, thats another story and would not pertain to you.... but it doesnt even have to stop there....look through some of the other forums and see what deleting the zeros means to them LOL

What deleting the zeros means? To them? Interpretation, is it not? I'm not bothered by any of it, Keep, because I don't believe it. Your whole thesis of a LOP is predicated on a falsehood. That's what you get when you place your trust in officialdom implicitly, without question.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 2

What deleting the zeros means? To them? Interpretation, is it not? I'm not bothered by any of it, Keep, because I don't believe it. Your whole thesis of a LOP is predicated on a falsehood. That's what you get when you place your trust in officialdom implicitly, without question.

Its been explained what they mean by deleting the zeros.....like I said, whether or not you believe this is what they will actually do is something completely different.....

The whole lop scenario is based on what the CBI is saying they will do.....nothing more, nothing less.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"They are just giving the current value of a 25000 dinar note which is 21.37 usd. In the event that the dinar is revalued to say $1.17 per dinar or more, then that same 25000 dinar note will now have a value of $29250."

So, the Iraqi who could buy dinner for four at Abdul's camel palace and pool hall with his 25K Dinar note the day before the RV will be able to use his other 25K Dinar note the next day to buy a house?

So what would be the current value of a 50 dinar note

If you don't trust anything the CBI says, how can you expect your bank (or the UST, or the US government) to trust that the CBI will honor what they say the dinar is worth?

"They are just giving the current value of a 25000 dinar note which is 21.37 usd. In the event that the dinar is revalued to say $1.17 per dinar or more, then that same 25000 dinar note will now have a value of $29250."

So, the Iraqi who could buy dinner for four at Abdul's camel palace and pool hall with his 25K Dinar note the day before the RV will be able to use his other 25K Dinar note the next day to buy a house?

So what would be the current value of a 50 dinar note?

Simply move the decimal to the left 3 places:

50 IQD will equal .05 like $.05 in our currency

If it revalues at $1.17 it will be worth $.058 less the charge for converting dinars to US dollars (20%ish ?)