Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank plans to launch three categories after deletion of zeros from the Iraqi dinar

yota691

Well, it is the NFL playoff season. But, speaking only for myself, my team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, lost last week, and our hockey team is not doing so well. So there went my interest in professional sports for the most part.

Well, that settles it. You're on the East Coast.

We don't have a lot of hockey here on the West Coast, but we do have a lot of pucks.

But Kimberley & my 49ers won!!!!

LOL

KK

Congratulations. I'm glad the Saints are going home. Oh, and Green Bay got beat bad! Awesome!

Well, that settles it. You're on the East Coast.

We don't have a lot of hockey here on the West Coast, but we do have a lot of pucks.

Yes, Pittsburgh. Love that dirty water. :P

Edited by Sanssouci

That's your prerogotive. In a perfect and honest world, I would absolutely agree with you. However that world, no longer exists.

What do you mean?? I think this issue is exaggerated much....that there arent many standards followed in regards to backing a currencies value. Fundamentals are still there for the most part.....with the bigger, major currencies its more about faith. With Iraq they lack that ability, being a pegged currency takes away some of that ability as well....A country still cant just come out of anywhere and set its value....thats evident with what happened during Saddams reign....

What do you mean?? I think this issue is exaggerated much....that there arent many standards followed in regards to backing a currencies value. Fundamentals are still there for the most part.....with the bigger, major currencies its more about faith. With Iraq they lack that ability, being a pegged currency takes away some of that ability as well....A country still cant just come out of anywhere and set its value....thats evident with what happened during Saddams reign....

What I mean should be evident- if you read my lasty post. All fiat currency is about faith- or more appropriately manipulation. That is the basis of the word Fiat- meaning "let it be done".

If you think Iraq is the sole arbiter when it comes to setting their currency's value now , guess again. You are correct, that Saddam assigned an artificial rate, just like the rate was then artificially reduced by several thousand percent under sanctions. Consider what just happened to Iran recently. Amazing how that works huh?

Bottom line- I know where you are going with this because I've read your posts. It is possible you could be right, but clearly you are either unfamiliar with how the world really works or unwlling to look past the "fundamentals".

We aren't going to arrive at a consensus, that much is clear. No big deal.

My question though to you is simple, just like it was to this Wheeler character. I'm willing to bet that yo uare invested. IF so, based upon your purview this is a losing proposition especially over the protracted period of time this speculation endeavor has taken. So if you are and it is going to Zero Neutral LOP, why are you wasting your time in it?

First of all, what's up keep? Haven't been on much lately myself. Busy, busy, busy here.

I read this post and a question came to mind. You put a lot of faith into the numbers reported in the CBI financials. In your view they are gospel. However, you still claim that the IQD will continue as a pegged currency, even though Saleh and Shabbs said it will be a reserve currency. Why is it you won't take their word on the reserve currency status but you believe their financial numbers as you do? Seems like selective acceptance to me. If in fact the IQD becomes a reserve currency and other currencies in the region are pegged to it, then all bets are off my friend.

btw did the 250 billion USD show up in the financials yet? They gained control of the DFI funds on Friday. Should have given them a major boost in their foreign reserves yes? Let's see how long it takes for the financials to show this windfall.

Keep in case you missed it, here's the link to the 250 billion.

Edited by speculatorsRIDE
  • Upvote 2

Could it RV? Yeah. There is no record of an RV of this scale happening in this way. But, it could. Could it RD? Yeah. RD's have happened in very similar ways before, numerous times. I don't understand why folks believing an event is going to happen in a way that has never happened are so hard on folks who believe an event is going to happen that has happened many times before.

Either way, I think it more interesting to debate facts, not faith. JMHO

• Upvote 1

Could it RV? Yeah. There is no record of an RV of this scale happening in this way. But, it could. Could it RD? Yeah. RD's have happened in very similar ways before, numerous times. I don't understand why folks believing an event is going to happen in a way that has never happened are so hard on folks who believe an event is going to happen that has happened many times before.

When you talk about currency.....anything is possible....:D You remember Euro..? A currency that was launched and traded 2 yrs before it even became a legal tender. People were making trillions even before it hit the streets. That has never happened before :lol:

NOTE: The euro was launched on 1 January 1999 as an electronic currency became legal tender on 1 January 2002

• Upvote 1

What I find more interesting is IF you and people like Wheeler and your friend keep are even on this site and invested in the dinar in the first place. Given the facts, which admittedly there are quite a few, why would such fairly bright individuals be wasting their time? Do everyone a favor including yourselves and do NOT dispense with the philanthropic bent. That's nothing more than a lie -or obfuscation at best. As I stated I do more reading than posting. So I've seen the ridicule from both sides actually

Does anyone have the guts ?

People were making trillions even before it hit the streets."

By what process did folks make trillions off the launch of the Euro? Never heard that before.

I know it was traded in a muti trillion dollar market which is the Forex, yet I never heard of anyone trading it that made trillions.

Where do I find that information?

What I find more interesting is IF you and people like Wheeler and your friend keep are even on this site and invested in the dinar in the first place. Given the facts, which admittedly there are quite a few, why would such fairly bright individuals be wasting their time? Do everyone a favor including yourselves and do NOT dispense with the philanthropic bent. That's nothing more than a lie -or obfuscation at best. As I stated I do more reading than posting. So I've seen the ridicule from both sides actually

Whoa now.....everyone is here for different reasons....you cant group people together just because they might share some of the same views. If I thought that there was no chance of making any money I wouldnt be here and I wouldnt have my dinar.....

But I know that there is more then one way this could go down so Im sticking with it till the end, good or bad.....the fact is that the dinar WILL go up in value, and although the only direction that the CBI is talking about is by lopping, that doesnt mean its set in stone or that its the only way this will investment will take. They very well COULD be misinforming us all.....we are all really just speculating on whether or not the CBI is going to follow through with what they are telling us.....

But besides that, Ive actually gotten quite interested in this whole process (not even from an investors stand point) but also at a educational standpoint....Ive learned a lot about currencies and the processes of rebuilding a country from the ground up....thats actually the most interesting part about this whole thing.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Whoa now.....everyone is here for different reasons....you cant group people together just because they might share some of the same views. If I thought that there was no chance of making any money I wouldnt be here and I wouldnt have my dinar.....

But I know that there is more then one way this could go down so Im sticking with it till the end, good or bad.....the fact is that the dinar WILL go up in value, and although the only direction that the CBI is talking about is by lopping, that doesnt mean its set in stone or that its the only way this will investment will take. They very well COULD be misinforming us all.....we are all really just speculating on whether or not the CBI is going to follow through with what they are telling us.....

But besides that, Ive actually gotten quite interested in this whole process (not even from an investors stand point) but also at a educational standpoint....Ive learned a lot about currencies and the processes of rebuilding a country from the ground up....thats actually the most interesting part about this whole thing.....

Maybe they might have a series on Jeopardy about Iraq an we can all participate. Yes it is educational an History in the making.

Edited by yota691

I agree but the bottom line is the bottom line- especially in investments. No one ventures money for practice. I certainly don't

Very Fair answer.

Who cares about facts................ :D:lol: I just want shabibi to push the rv buttons........... :lol: and you lopsters are so persistent in discouraging people to invest in IQD.............................let them decide for themselves, i'm sure they know the risks.................................and please dont believe all the things that shabibi told you.......................these guys are way smarter than us, trust me on this...............................the bottom line is either we got hustle by them or we make some money................thats it............peace....... :)

First of all, what's up keep? Haven't been on much lately myself. Busy, busy, busy here.

I read this post and a question came to mind. You put a lot of faith into the numbers reported in the CBI financials. In your view they are gospel. However, you still claim that the IQD will continue as a pegged currency, even though Saleh and Shabbs said it will be a reserve currency. Why is it you won't take their word on the reserve currency status but you believe their financial numbers as you do? Seems like selective acceptance to me. If in fact the IQD becomes a reserve currency and other currencies in the region are pegged to it, then all bets are off my friend.

btw did the 250 billion USD show up in the financials yet? They gained control of the DFI funds on Friday. Should have given them a major boost in their foreign reserves yes? Let's see how long it takes for the financials to show this windfall.

Keep in case you missed it, here's the link to the 250 billion.

http://dinarvets.com...35entry814135

I have faith in the financials simply because there is nothing I have seen that could discredit those audits or suggest that the numbers are way off.....do I think they are 100% correct? No, I know they arent but at the same time I dont believe those numbers are off by tens of trillions of dinar either.....

As of now at this point in time I feel that they will stay a pegged currency. Not that it cant change because I do believe they do wanna work on making the dinar a reserve currency but it will take awhile for anything like that to happen. So while I do believe sometime down the road it could be possible, I just dont see it as an immediate change or something that will be done in the near future. They are not stable enough at this time, nor strong enough to become a reserve currency and even Saleh admitted to that fact.

Another thing....about this 250 billion.....did you read this one paragraph in that article??

"Coincides declaration delivered the Iraqi government, represented by a committee of financial experts, oil export revenues, which are estimated at $ 250 billion, over the past eight years"

Its talking about how much that account has seen flow through it over the past 8 years. There isent 250 billion sitting in that fund, as of Dec 2010 there was under 10 billion. This confusion was also brought up when the DFI fund was handed over in June/July cause articles were coming out stating the same thing but the figures of 250 billion was the entire amount of funds that were transfered through that account....

• Upvote 1

Even if there were $250B in the DFI, it would still never be added to the CBI's reserves. Those funds come from oil sales and are earmarked for gov use only.

I am inclined to agree with you on that one!! It is all oil revenues....if anything they need that money for reconstruction, not to just be locked up with the foreign reserves....

They are saying it will be equavilent...to what they are now....why are you still waisting your time....when you supposedly sold all your dinar????

He say's he has friends here thats why he continues to visit. I guess he's not heard of other social networks specically designed for staying in touch with friends/family such as facebook , twitter,or the most basic email.

I agree but the bottom line is the bottom line- especially in investments. No one ventures money for practice. I certainly don't"

Currency speculation has been a hobby of mine for years. Less expensive then many hobbies I know.

Based on the above and all the info available stating the possibility of a RD,why did you invest in this currency?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He say's he has friends here thats why he continues to visit. I guess he's not heard of other social networks specically designed for staying in touch with friends/family such as facebook , twitter,or the most basic email.

Based on the above and all the info available stating the possibility of a RD,why did you invest in this currency?

Wow got a -1 for repeating what jmw has stated in previous posts? or for asking a serious question to one who claims to be a seasoned currency trader? and i asked nicely.Best to all

Edited by caz1104

He say's he has friends here thats why he continues to visit. I guess he's not heard of other social networks specically designed for staying in touch with friends/family such as facebook, twitter,or the most basic email.

If all one wants to do is social network, this site is pretty clunky in comparison to those. Nice try though.

Wow got a -1 for repeating what jmw has stated in previous posts? or for asking a serious question to one who claims to be a seasoned currency trader? and i asked nicely. Best to all

Jealous Muumuu Wetter.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

If all one wants to do is social network, this site is pretty clunky in comparison to those. Nice try though.

Jealous Muumuu Wetter.

Those were his words not mine,I did'nt buy it either. Just thought i would pass it along and let folks make up their own minds.I have my own thoughts why someone no longer vested continues to visit,but i'll keep those to myself.

Edited by caz1104