Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank plans to launch three categories after deletion of zeros from the Iraqi dinar

yota691

Kleenex or goblet?

Some cheese to go with his whine. :mellow:

When Nigeria re dominated, they advertised a year ahead of time, but they did not state sometime in 2013, they had an exact month and year. Actually Nigeria's re domination was a success, Turkey is still dealing with the same issues. One more thing dropping the zero's can be moving decimal points or actual 0's. Adding on to that, Nigeria used the re domination to fit their economic issues. What fit them as a country. Their advertising to the people was extensive, well thought out and look at them today, wow!

Because they were clear, they gave the exchange period 5 months before the old currency became irrelevant.

Impressive. I believe it's being made to look as though Iraq has not nearly as much of their Shiite together.

@ Saint Wheeler: Good evening, non sequitur. ;)

Actually, considering the "paradigm" or mindset, his answer is to be expected in all candor.

No one who possesses a reasonable amount of intelligence spends their time posting whether it is 50 times or over 4,000 on a bogus investment purely for philanthropic reasons.

No one.

• Upvote 1

Actually, considering the "paradigm" or mindset, his answer is to be expected in all candor.

No one who possesses a reasonable amount of intelligence spends their time posting whether it is 50 times or over 4,000 on a bogus investment purely for philanthropic reasons.

No one.

Precisely. And so I dub him Saint Wheeler. :P

Wheeler, et al:

$1.00 divided by .0008547 (.86) equals 1170 - the amount of dinar for a buck.

if they take 3 zeroes off of the .0008547:

$1.00 divided by .8547 equals $1.17 THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A $.86 (86 CENT) rv !!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Most RV believers think it will be either $1.17 or a straight up $1.00 to 1 IQD

• Upvote 1

Wheeler, et al:

$1.00 divided by .0008547 (.86) equals 1170 - the amount of dinar for a buck.

if they take 3 zeroes off of the .0008547:

$1.00 divided by .8547 equals $1.17 THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A $.86 (86 CENT) rv !!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Most RV believers think it will be either $1.17 or a straight up $1.00 to 1 IQD

Yes, we are believers, which is a far cry from one who claims to "know" with "100% certainty." ;)

Edited by Sanssouci

Precisely. And so I dub him Saint Wheeler. :P

Let's be fair about this. Wheeler has a right to his opinion and to conduct himself the way he sees fit, just like anyone else.

In any case he is not alone. There are a multitude of individuals on this board that hold the LOP purvue - for good reason, and berate everyone (some ask for it) that holds a differing view. The hypocrisy of that little habit is most if not all of them own Dinar. Yet when they are asked why few if any will answer honestly.

Like I said- Typical

Let's be fair about this. Wheeler has a right to his opinion and to conduct himself the way he sees fit, just like anyone else.

In any case he is not alone. There are a multitude of individuals on this board that hold the LOP purvue - for good reason, and berate everyone (some ask for it) that holds a differing view. The hypocrisy of that little habit is most if not all of them own Dinar. Yet when they are asked why few if any will answer honestly.

Like I said- Typical

Of course he has a right to his opinion. I simply chided him for exercising his apparent privilege of telling me what I should believe. Just because you can do something is not sufficient reason to do something. And, yes, unfortunately, he is not alone. Quite honestly, though, I have a hard time seeing what it is of such great value that these folks bring to the table when they do display such glaring hypocrisy.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 1

How is a 200 dinar bill being worth 160 USD worthless? A 100 dinar bill worth 86 bucks worthless?

If by worthless you mean "not going to make everyone rich" then that is correct. How could they afford to make so many millionaires? They have 30 million people and a GDP of around 120 billion a year. That's 4000 USD per person. With an economy like that how on earth could they afford to create so many millionaires?

Please re-read my post. I never said the IQD was worthless. What I presented was a question directed to Saleh's statements with regard to the denomination changing but the value remaining the same. Yes, it would be more convenient to carry 100IQD instead of 10,000IQD but how will that benefit the Iraqi people and how will that strengthen the economy if the purchasing value remains the same?

That's fine If you don't want to help me wrap my brain around Saleh's statements, just don't say I said something when I didn't and, do not imply erroneous results based upon a false premise I never made.

GH

Of course he has a right to his opinion. I simply chided him for exercising his apparent privilege of telling me what I should believe. Just because you can do something is not sufficient reason to do something. And, yes, unfortunately, he is not alone. Quite honestly, though, I have a hard time seeing what it is of such great value that these folks bring to the table when they do display such glaring hypocrisy.

Well, the potential of a LOP is absolutely there without question. There is also historical precedent to substantiate that position. Ultimately though no one knows for certain because the LOP purvue alone disregards the other relevant issues to this process. Namely the fiat currency scheme, the fact that the US owns Iraq despite the company line to the contrary and so forth. Simply stating that Iraq only has X amount of GDP, X amount of dinar in circulation and cannot support an X revaluation holds only so much water.

At least Wheeler had the stones to speak up, which is a far sight more than a couple other individuals who apparently don't. Except to LOL at other people to scorn..... That is gutless.

As I continue to say yet again- Typical

Please re-read my post. I never said the IQD was worthless. What I presented was a question directed to Saleh's statements with regard to the denomination changing but the value remaining the same. Yes, it would be more convenient to carry 100IQD instead of 10,000IQD but how will that benefit the Iraqi people and how will that strengthen the economy if the purchasing value remains the same?

That's fine If you don't want to help me wrap my brain around Saleh's statements, just don't say I said something when I didn't and, do not imply erroneous results based upon a false premise I never made.

GH

In your post, you said what good is it if the value is still .00086. The value is no longer .00086 after an RD. it's .86. Did you not say that?

That's how I see it. If they just remove the zero's but the value still remains the same all they've done is remove paper from circulation. Nothing for the Iraqi people to cheer about there.

GH

Here's the problem. In this post, you were agreeing with someone that said it was still worthless even if it's worth .86. In the future if you don't actually agree with the post you're quoting, you might want to not quote it and say "that's how I see it."

Well, at least I got to you before Saint Wheeler did! :D

Funny how you think anyone that displays any concern for his fellow man is a saint. Maybe that says something about you?

No one.

Lol, so people spend millions of dollars for philanthropic reasons, but want spend a few hours of their time?

Why, pray tell, am I here then? Am I a CBI plant, trying to get you to sell your dinar? A Tampa dinar employee?

In your post, you said what good is it if the value is still .00086. The value is no longer .00086 after an RD. it's .86. Did you not say that?

Here's the problem. In this post, you were agreeing with someone that said it was still worthless even if it's worth .86. In the future if you don't actually agree with the post you're quoting, you might want to not quote it and say "that's how I see it."

Funny how you think anyone that displays any concern for his fellow man is a saint. Maybe that says something about you?

Lol, so people spend millions of dollars for philanthropic reasons, but want spend a few hours of their time?

Why, pray tell, am I here then? Am I a CBI plant, trying to get you to sell your dinar? A Tampa dinar employee?

Your still at it? I bet you wont be around much longer....your just arguing to argue....is it that bad at home? You here to help people....omg i for one am thankful your here! LMAO please....just get on with it we are right at the brink of this thing poppin so sit back and relax...

• Downvote 5

Well, the potential of a LOP is absolutely there without question. There is also historical precedent to substantiate that position.

I think the potential extends only to the power of the printed word. So far, it has been all talk and no action. But apparently, that is all most LOPsters need in the way of affirmation for their position: Namely, an article that merely says Iraq intends to LOP. However, yesterday, I made an attempt to shake the LOPsters' belief system, because that is what they do to RV believers on a routine basis. I guess I kicked a hornets' nest.

Ultimately though no one knows for certain because the LOP purvue alone disregards the other relevant issues to this process. Namely the fiat currency scheme, the fact that the US owns Iraq despite the company line to the contrary and so forth. Simply stating that Iraq only has X amount of GDP, X amount of dinar in circulation and cannot support an X revaluation holds only so much water.

Right. It's a question of what one is capable of knowing as opposed to what one can only claim to know. As in the case of Keepmwlknfny, the primary article of faith is the CBI's reported financials. Saint Keep apparently cannot fathom any greater degree of insincerity in the CBI's financials than he can the Iraqi press - the degree being, of course, negligible.

At least Wheeler had the stones to speak up, which is a far sight more than a couple other individuals who apparently don't. Except to LOL at other people to scorn..... That is gutless.

I'm glad he did speak up, as ambassador for the LOP theory. As for the others' reluctance, yes, it is every bit as gutless as those individuals here at DV who think it is somehow courageous to habitually denigrate Islam. In my way, I hope people realize that I am merely trying to raise the bar.

Edited by Sanssouci

This guy (Wheeler) and others like him need to get a life, we are all free minded individuals that can spend our money any way we want. We sure do not need or request your help.

Go peddle your ideology some where else....we're all sold up here dude....

FYI......this was not an invite for any additional dialog with you or your kind, I know this could RD, LOP so see I don't need your help.

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 1

This guy *Wheeler) and other like him need to get a life, we are all free minded individuals that can spend our money any way we want. We sure do not need or request your help.

Go peddle your ideology some where else....we're all sold up here dude....

FYI......this was not an invite for any additional dialog with you or your kind, I know this could RD, LOP so see I don't need your help.

Yea!:)

• Downvote 5

Simply stating that Iraq only has X amount of GDP, X amount of dinar in circulation and cannot support an X revaluation holds only so much water.

I tend to believe that holds a TON of water.......And seems to be one of the lingering questions to how this can go down the way we want it to with the presented available information.....

Presently 25,000 IQD is worth $21.50 @ .00086 cents to the IQD.

Lift three zeroes from the denomination and exchange rate and now 25 IQD is worth $21.50 @ .86 cents. No increase in value has occured. It is a neutral value event.

I qualified my statement, "That's how I see it" with; "If they just remove the zero's but the value still remains the same all they've done is remove paper from circulation. Nothing for the Iraqi people to cheer about there."

I'm fairly certain you know full well within what context I am speaking with regard to a neutral value event not being of any benefit to the Iraqi people considering the IQD is virtually worthless as it is. The only way I can see a financial benefit to the Iraqi people is if there is a flat out RV prior to removing the zero's off of the larger denomination.

GH

They don't run the auctions for fun, they do it to maintain the exchange rate. Since the US departed less people trust the currency, so they go to the local bank and trade their dinar for USD. Their local bank goes to the CBI currency auctions to replenish their supply of USD. If the CBI refused to buy back the 250 billion dinar that's running though the auctions lately, the exchange rate would be getting worse.

Whether they lop or don't lop they still have to maIntain the exchange rate, hence the auctions.

Looks like they are spending a lot of USD just to maintain a program, artificial rate. Is that really necessary....... :lol:

Im far from an expert on Turkey laugh.gif

Just wanted to learn about the way they handled "deleting their zeros" because some of these articles starting mentioning Turkey.....that happened like 7 years ago and I surely wasn't worried about the country of Turkey at that time LOL.....

But I would assume they would try to educate the citizens in the same fashion......here is just a little clip of one article that does mention an education campaign for the citizens...

One successful redenomination, Agus said, was carried out by Turkey, which removed six zeros from its old currency in 2005.Before that redenomination, one euro exchanged for 1.8 million Turkish lira. Afterward, one euro was equal to 1.8 Turkish lira.It has been reported that it took the Turkish government years to prepare for the currency change, including an intensive public education campaign to let people know what the change meant for them. The redenomination was also preceded by a period of stable inflation.On the other extreme is Zimbabwe. The three redenominations that it has undertaken since 2006 have given rise to hyperinflation, and paper denominations of the Zimbabwean dollar now include a $100 trillion banknote.

<br style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><br style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Id like to point out one thing. The new DINAR was put into place and how did they do that? I really personally think that since the USA and many other out side influences are entrenched in this for economic as well as political gain, that it wont be such a difficult exchange as is being hinted to. It is just IMHO. I think that the use of electronic banking and the new systems ready to be used will make this a much easier transfer than can be predicted using older methods. If I am wrong I will stand humbled in my oppinion, yet we will see. PEACE

Yea!:)

Yeah! And I'm with them. Both those guys. Those big, big guys. That me, 5'3", behind the big guys. But the camel in the bra is Zig's.

What happened to this place this weekend? Was there no baseball on this weekend? You couldn't kick the dog around the house because he left last weekend? Somebody broke up with you, took your Boxster, so you came here to take it out on us? What!

Where did all of these new pot stirrers come from? And what door can we open so we can sweep them back out? This is not bringing out the best in us. There is debate, and then there is antagonistic ego rhetoric.

I'm going over to Med's pub. At least he understands me. jk.

ps I will be auctioning off three one-way tickets to Baghdad. I will take the first three DV members that give me the best reason why we are looking at a LOP, and why a RV is impossible. Don't miss out. Put your ticket stub in the barrel. You will need to provide your own camel at the destination

• Upvote 1

Was there no baseball on this weekend?

Well, it is the NFL playoff season. But, speaking only for myself, my team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, lost last week, and our hockey team is not doing so well. So there went my interest in professional sports for the most part.

I tend to believe that holds a TON of water.......And seems to be one of the lingering questions to how this can go down the way we want it to with the presented available information.....

That's your prerogotive. In a perfect and honest world, I would absolutely agree with you. However that world, no longer exists. This situation is not soley an Iraqi issue, nor is it up to the Iraqis, about the Iraqis or just for the Iraqis. Just like our Gov't, money and will(vote) are not about us, used for us or allowed to stay with us. Our over taxed dollars are then used against us. Again this is not tin foil hat theory except to the sheep that can't accept reality.

For those that can't accept this FACT, I would suggest some liesurely reading like:

Atlas Shrugged

The Unseen Hand

The Creature from Jeckyl Island

Then I would suggest studying real history such as how the Federal Reserve came in to existence and how it really functions. Then perhaps an intense scrutiny of the JFK debacle. To further get a grasp on how Gov't actually works study the Depression and how Roosevelt ordered all the private gold holdings to be surrendered at $20 an ounce for redeemeable gold certificates then revalued it at $35 dollar an ounce weeks later. Thereby devaluing the dollar by @ 40%.

There's much more I could say but it would be counter to productivity here and now. My point is simply things are not according to Hoyle. Not any more. Nationalistic fervor, Sovereignty and independence are mere illusions which are not accepted by the real power that run the Corporations known as Nations. Anyone who doesn't

should try asking Ghaddaffi. Lybia had it's own State run bank which was going to start the gold backed Dinar. Iran has one too. Guess where our destroyers , and Great Britains are now? Coincidence? Feel free to guess.

How this will play out is anyone's guess. It could indeed end up lopping, but I am willing to bet it won't.

• Upvote 2

Well, it is the NFL playoff season. But, speaking only for myself, my team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, lost last week, and our hockey team is not doing so well. So there went my interest in professional sports for the most part.

But Kimberley & my 49ers won!!!!

LOL

KK

• Upvote 1

Nationalistic fervor, Sovereignty and independence are mere illusions which are not accepted by the real power that run the Corporations known as Nations. Anyone who doesn't should try asking Ghaddaffi. Lybia had it's own State run bank which was going to start the gold backed Dinar. Iran has one too. Guess where our destroyers , and Great Britains are now? Coincidence? Feel free to guess.

Or try Slobodan Milosevic. That was largely about wresting the mineral deposits in Kosovo, which is the cradle of the Serbian nation, away from the Serbs. There was no coordinated ethnic cleansing being conducted by Serbia against the Kosovars or Bosnia-Hercegovina. And in Libya, there was no humanitarian crisis. It was all about the gold that Ghaddaffi possessed, and his intention to establish the Gold Dinar.

Have you heard this spate of commercials lately, claiming to have located some "forgotten stash" of antique gold coins in a vault somewhere? First, if the dollar is in such bad shape, why are these companies willing to accept my dollars for their gold at bargain basement prices? Second, is the gold pure or even real? Third, could it be that these alleged "discoveries" of antique gold coins are actually a complete BS story; Could they be minting such coins anew from gold reserves such as the one confiscated from Ghaddaffi or the stash that was allegedly "lost" in the 9-11 event? I'm just thinking aloud here because even though gold is listed at in excess of $1600 an ounce, the numismatic coin market is a real head-scratcher for me.

Edited by Sanssouci