Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank plans to launch three categories after deletion of zeros from the Iraqi dinar

yota691

Believe me, Yota, I don't try to sidetrack these things. Sgt. Fury seems to be lost. That being said, I can't help it that my rhetoric is so "inflammatory." It just is.

Oh well, the DV dance, sometimes we step on toes its part of the process.

Say did you read the link for Nigeria and their process for an RD? It gives you an idea on how extensive they were with advertising to the people on their intentions. Its interesting. Just a note, Nigeria is booming and Turkey's economy for 2012 does not look so good. I left a link for that one as well. Redomination is a risky.

***///

Sanssouci: You seem like a pretty sharp cat.

It'd sure be swell if you could use your powers for good instead of evil.

A kindler, gentler approach to helping all DVans understand issues would be ever so beneficial.

To be an educator is a fine callling.

I know it's not a popularity contest, that being said, please approach any ignorance you may come across here

as an opportunity to enlighten - not bash.

I'm not all about unicorns & rainbows, but without peace there can only be chaos, as proven in this thread.

The negative energy you spawned made it difficult for those seeking knowledge.

Walk softly, brother, for if you whisper, more people will give their undivided attention to hear you and partake of your wisdom.

Peace-Joy-Love

While I agree with the premise of your comments, in all honesty, whispering does nothing but get someone's thoughts ignored or "talked" over.

I've watched many threads on this board for the majority of my tenure here on DV and many are very productive as well as educational. That is to say there are relevant thoughts on both sides of the Debate. In either case, chaos is brought by both sides by essentially the same individuals. One side is no more innnocent than the other.

The anti LOPsters take issue with the thought and what appears to be proof of a LOP, while the LOP contingent takes issue with those that argue otherwise. The ladder goes both ways friend. What I have yet to ascertain is WHY the LOP contingent persists in what appears a losing proposition. In fact, I asked that very question in relatively "soft" tones if you will and it has been ignored. It would be interesting to me to hear a substantial argument or even thought as to why they persist, IF in fact they do,

Considering how vocal a couple of them are on this and other threads, one would tend to think they would jump at the opportunity- to further educate. IF in fact that is part of their intent.

This is a very interesting article. I have not read all the comments yet, but have this question?

(I know what my thinking on this is, but want to hear other's comments.)

25 dinar = 25,000 dinar with the 3 zeros dropped

SO...how many 25 dinar notes does Grandma Iraqi need to take to the store to by her little grandchildren some bread and milk? DOES GRANDMA HAVE A BIG TRUCK TO CARRY ALL THE 25 DINAR NOTES IN???

It only seems to me....I am not a financial wizzard that is for sure!!....that they will need to RV to be able to use the lower denoms without even more stain on the lining on the average iraqi purse!

Maybe this is just my wishful dinar hopes thinking instead of reality?? :blink::rolleyes::blink:

Considering how vocal a couple of them are on this and other threads, one would tend to think they would jump at the opportunity- to further educate. IF in fact that is part of their intent.

If a bunch of people you know had their money invested with Bernie madoff, and we're convinced they were going to become millionaires because of it, and you knew with 100% certainty that they were not going to become millionaires, and were probably going to end up losing half their money, would you say something?

Would you try and help them, explain to them why they were being taken advantage of?

Or would you just let them get lied to and swindled by Madoff, and laugh at them for being rubes?

Why is it so hard for people to believe that there are people out there that fall into the former category, and that not everyone falls into the latter?

This is a very interesting article. I have not read all the comments yet, but have this question?

(I know what my thinking on this is, but want to hear other's comments.)

25 dinar = 25,000 dinar with the 3 zeros dropped

SO...how many 25 dinar notes does Grandma Iraqi need to take to the store to by her little grandchildren some bread and milk? DOES GRANDMA HAVE A BIG TRUCK TO CARRY ALL THE 25 DINAR NOTES IN???

It only seems to me....I am not a financial wizzard that is for sure!!....that they will need to RV to be able to use the lower denoms without even more stain on the lining on the average iraqi purse!

Maybe this is just my wishful dinar hopes thinking instead of reality?? :blink::rolleyes::blink:

25 of the NEW dinar will be worth 21 dollars, so grandma will be able to buy plenty of bread and milk without a truck full of dinar. that is not the RV that everyone hopes for, it is an RD.

In addition, they say they will release NEW 100 and 200 notes, so if grandma needs to buy a new flat screen or water heater, it will only take 3 or 4 bills. Not nearly a truck load.

• Upvote 1

While I agree with the premise of your comments, in all honesty, whispering does nothing but get someone's thoughts ignored or "talked" over.

I've watched many threads on this board for the majority of my tenure here on DV and many are very productive as well as educational. That is to say there are relevant thoughts on both sides of the Debate. In either case, chaos is brought by both sides by essentially the same individuals. One side is no more innnocent than the other.

The anti LOPsters take issue with the thought and what appears to be proof of a LOP, while the LOP contingent takes issue with those that argue otherwise. The ladder goes both ways friend. What I have yet to ascertain is WHY the LOP contingent persists in what appears a losing proposition. In fact, I asked that very question in relatively "soft" tones if you will and it has been ignored. It would be interesting to me to hear a substantial argument or even thought as to why they persist, IF in fact they do,

As was said earlier, they are taken with their own sense of self importance. They want nothing more than to be the ones who can say, "I told you so." It's really one of the more hollow of life's pursuits.

Edited by Sanssouci

If a bunch of people you know had their money invested with Bernie madoff, and we're convinced they were going to become millionaires because of it, and you knew with 100% certainty that they were not going to become millionaires, and were probably going to end up losing half their money, would you say something?

Yeah...I would :) I would tell Bernie that he better hook me up :D ...or else :o

• Upvote 1

If a bunch of people you know had their money invested with Bernie Madoff, and we're convinced they were going to become millionaires because of it, and you knew with 100% certainty that they were not going to become millionaires, and were probably going to end up losing half their money, would you say something?

Would you try and help them, explain to them why they were being taken advantage of?

Or would you just let them get lied to and swindled by Madoff, and laugh at them for being rubes?

Why is it so hard for people to believe that there are people out there that fall into the former category, and that not everyone falls into the latter?

Wow, have you been canonized yet? That is a tall claim. As I was saying, they seem to be taken with their own sense of self-importance. :tiphat:

Edited by Sanssouci

25 of the NEW dinar will be worth 21 dollars, so grandma will be able to buy plenty of bread and milk without a truck full of dinar. that is not the RV that everyone hopes for, it is an RD.

In addition, they say they will release NEW 100 and 200 notes, so if grandma needs to buy a new flat screen or water heater, it will only take 3 or 4 bills. Not nearly a truck load.

I am listening, but do not see what you are saying.... 25 dinar at the present rate equals approx. $.0215 ? :blink: The 25,000 dinar is worth about $21

Edited by abby01

Anyone who possesses the slightest "touch" of integrity would do whatever they could to convince that individual or group of individuals what was to eventually happen. That should go without saying. However that is not the equivalent of the case here. I doubt seriously folks are going to be swindled out of all their money, but perhaps lose a portion of it .

That potential aside your response ignores the greater issue at hand. Which is many if not all of the LOP contingent own Dinar. THat much is evident. IF they do not then they are as irritatingly antagonistic or so taken with themsleves their integrity is non existent.

How is a 200 dinar bill being worth 160 USD worthless? A 100 dinar bill worth 86 bucks worthless?

If by worthless you mean "not going to make everyone rich" then that is correct. How could they afford to make so many millionaires? They have 30 million people and a GDP of around 120 billion a year. That's 4000 USD per person. With an economy like that how on earth could they afford to create so many millionaires?

Read more:

Clarify your comments here please. Either I am missing something or my math is wanting because 1million IQD @ .86USD would yield $860,000.00 USD. Which would create alot of millionaires despite your comments to the contrary.

Anyone who possesses the slightest "touch" of integrity would do whatever they could to convince that individual or group of individuals what was to eventually happen. That should go without saying. However that is not the equivalent of the case here. I doubt seriously folks are going to be swindled out of all their money, but perhaps lose a portion of it .

I didn't say all, I said half. It's possible people could lose all their dinar investment (lop with closed borders, for example), but it isn't likely.

That potential aside your response ignores the greater issue at hand. Which is many if not all of the LOP contingent own Dinar. THat much is evident. IF they do not then they are as irritatingly antagonistic or so taken with themsleves their integrity is non existent.

So in our madoff analogy, if I am also being swindled by madoff, and tell you so, then I'm okay. But if I'm NOt being swindled by madoff, and tell you, then I'm being "irritatingly antagonistic" with "non-existent integrity"? I don't follow your logic. So, say before the whole madoff scam came to light, if an FBI agent that was involved in the investigation told his mother, who was being swindled, that she wasn't going to become a millionaire due to her madoff investment, he was being antagonistic?

Clarify your comments here please. Either I am missing something or my math is wanting because 1million IQD @ .86USD would yield $860,000.00 USD. Which would create alot of millionaires despite your comments to the contrary.

New dinar vs. old (current) dinar. Check the Wikipedia article about "redenomination" if you're not familiar with the process.

Oh well, the DV dance, sometimes we step on toes its part of the process.

Say did you read the link for Nigeria and their process for an RD? It gives you an idea on how extensive they were with advertising to the people on their intentions. Its interesting. Just a note, Nigeria is booming and Turkey's economy for 2012 does not look so good. I left a link for that one as well. Redomination is a risky.

Yes, I did. Correct me if I am wrong, but has Iraq published a website on their presumed redenomination plans that is as concise and to the point as Nigeria's? As far as I can tell, all we have seen are these convoluted and usually contradictory articles, which fact leads one to believe it is nothing but smoke.

well if they keep both the 25 dinar note and the 25,000 dinar note = to the same value....then we are sunk! :( I am feeling a little discouraged now!

where I was in hope_______

\

\

|

|

V

|_________low hope now!! :(

I hope you're not amused as easily as you are apparently discouraged. ;) If so, you're a LOPster's wet dream.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, I did. Correct me if I am wrong, but has Iraq published a website on their presumed redenomination plans that is as concise and to the point as Nigeria's? As far as I can tell, all we have seen are these convoluted and usually contradictory articles, which fact leads one to believe it is nothing but smoke.

I hope you're not amused as easily as you are apparently discouraged. ;) If so, you're a LOPster's wet dream.

I have been in this investment for longer than I have been a member here. Have always hoped for the positive....I have recovered...thanks for the splash of cold water! ;)

However, I AM easily amused!

Edited by abby01

I didn't say all, I said half. It's possible people could lose all their dinar investment (lop with closed borders, for example), but it isn't likely.

Exactly right. The potential is virtually non existent considering the US essentially owns Iraq. THat says nothing of the fact that we still have @ 30k security advisers, @ 16 thousand GI's and another 1,600 or so Embassy security detail. Won't happen ,

So in our madoff analogy, if I am also being swindled by madoff, and tell you so, then I'm okay. But if I'm NOt being swindled by madoff, and tell you, then I'm being "irritatingly antagonistic" with "non-existent integrity"? I don't follow your logic. So, say before the whole madoff scam came to light, if an FBI agent that was involved in the investigation told his mother, who was being swindled, that she wasn't going to become a millionaire due to her madoff investment, he was being antagonistic?

Your penchant for obfuscation is considerable because that's not what I said. Forget Madoff. Now we're talking Dinar. I am speaking strictly to folks, including yourself who might own Dinar yet hold to the IQD LOP theory.Do tou? IF you or anyone else owns IQD and holds to this notion I would be curious to know the rationalization for such a pound foolish endeavor

New dinar vs. old (current) dinar. Check the Wikipedia article about "redenomination" if you're not familiar with the process.

Wikepedia huh? Ok. However, that would be the last place I would look for relevant information on financial issues much less something as complicated as this. Beside that fact, I will believe the two currency, two different rate installement when I see it. That would be a disaster. Furthermore based upon your previous comments about confidence in currency, such a move does nothing to engender that confidence. Especially considering their desire to de dollarize.

Wikepedia huh? Ok. However, that would be the last place I would look for relevant information on financial issues much less something as complicated as this. Beside that fact, I will believe the two currency, two different rate installement when I see it. That would be a disaster. Furthermore based upon your previous comments about confidence in currency, such a move does nothing to engender that confidence. Especially considering their desire to de dollarize.

Redenominations aren't particularly complicated. Understanding the theory is actually quite simple.

"Two different currency's, two different rates" has happened in every RD in history, of which there have been many dozens. As far as disaster, China did it, seems like their economy is doing pretty well.

Redenominations aren't particularly complicated. Understanding the theory is actually quite simple.

"Two different currency's, two different rates" has happened in every RD in history, of which there have been many dozens. As far as disaster, China did it, seems like their economy is doing pretty well.

I would agree to the actual RD. However, I am speaking specifically of the entire process including the change from stone age banking system to a 21Century System, and making the transition from worthless IQD and USD dependance to two IQD currencies and de dollarization.

Now what about the other aspects of my response including the direct questions I asked that you neglected to answer?.

Edited by waveone

I would agree to the actual RD. However, I am speaking specifically of the entire process including the change from stone age banking system to a 21Century System, and making the transition from worthless IQD and USD dependance to two IQD currencies and de dollarization.

Now what about the other aspects of my response including the direct questions I asked that you neglected to answer?.

Not really any of your business, is it?

• Downvote 2

When Nigeria re dominated, they advertised a year ahead of time, but they did not state sometime in 2013, they had an exact month and year. Actually Nigeria's re domination was a success, Turkey is still dealing with the same issues. One more thing dropping the zero's can be moving decimal points or actual 0's. Adding on to that, Nigeria used the re domination to fit their economic issues. What fit them as a country. Their advertising to the people was extensive, well thought out and look at them today, wow!

Because they were clear, they gave the exchange period 5 months before the old currency became irrelevant.