Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WH aide dismissed McCain view, says 'he's dying'

Arizona senator laments return of ‘old fears and animosities’ in new book and has no regrets about giving Steele dossier to Comey

Wed 9 May 2018 22.18 BST

Lauren Gambino in Washington

5472.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=c1dd6ef1a3f87d69b4911d5c5eb7e277
John McCain: ‘If we want to retain our competitiveness in the fastest growing communities in the country we’ll stop letting the zealots drive the debate.’
Photograph: Jacquelyn Martin/AP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

uhhh John...it's called the rule of LAW which you & every other public servant  swore to uphold. Until that changes.........NO the right is NOT on the wrong side of the ILLEGAL immigration issue. What a putz....can we give him back to N.Vietnam?...ugh

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 5

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A White House official dismissed a view expressed by Sen. John McCain about President Donald Trump's CIA nominee, saying Thursday at a staff meeting that "it doesn't matter" because "he's dying anyway," two people in the room told The Associated Press.

Kelly Sadler was discussing McCain's opposition to Trump's pick for CIA director, Gina Haspel, when she made the comment, according to the two people, who described feeling shocked and stunned by the remark. They spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity to discuss the closed-door communications staff meeting.

The White House did not dispute the remark. In a statement, they said, "We respect Senator McCain's service to our nation and he and his family are in our prayers during this difficult time."

The Hill newspaper first reported the comment.

The 81-year-old Arizona Republican, who has spent three decades in the Senate, was diagnosed in July with glioblastoma, an aggressive brain cancer. He left Washington in December and underwent surgery last month for an infection.

Sadler is a special assistant to the president. She did not respond to a request for comment Thursday evening.

McCain's wife, Cindy, responded with a tweet tagged to Sadler, "May I remind you my husband has a family, 7 children and 5 grandchildren."

Sen. McCain, a Navy pilot who was beaten in captivity during the Vietnam War, has urged his fellow senators to reject Haspel. He said Wednesday that he believes she's a patriot who loves the country but "her refusal to acknowledge torture's immorality is disqualifying."

Haspel faced grilling Wednesday by the Senate Intelligence Committee about her role overseeing some CIA operations after the Sept. 11 attacks. She told senators that she doesn't believe torture works as an interrogation technique.

As for the president, he and McCain have had a troubled relationship.

As a GOP presidential candidate in 2015, Trump said McCain was "not a war hero" because he was captured in Vietnam, adding, "I like people who weren't captured."

Last July, McCain became the deciding vote against the GOP health care repeal with a dramatic thumbs-down. Trump later told the Conservative Political Action Conference that "except for one Senator, who came into a room at three o'clock in the morning and went like that" —Trump gave a thumbs-down — "we would have had health care (reform), too."

The crowd booed, and Trump added, "I won't use his name."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/white-house-official-raises-eyebrows-mccain-232952309.html

They need to send her packing... She's deplorable.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Only the best people working in Commander Bone Spur's White House.

GO RV, then BV

Yeah he doesn't like military personnel serving their country who get caught by the enemy and are POWs for 5 years... I guess he didn't like the idea of putting on a uniform and marching either... He's simply a fraud... A good one, but still a fraud.

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

43 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Whoa....just like when John McCain and rest of our servicemen came home from Nam.....let the spit fly.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

Vast majority of brave men that served in VN have my utmost respect. There are a few (McCain & Kerry to name a couple) imo that have tarnished what others sacrificed for

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, caz1104 said:

Never been a fan of McCain....putz

In regards to VN, I thank him for his service. I saw his documentary, maybe it's my biased feeling towards him....but I felt it to be self serving.

Sorry, Caz.....I tend to bristle when a man is disparaged for his military service.....his political career on the other hand, have at it, no arguments from me.  It is interesting though when a person is staring death in the face, how that person tends to cleanse the soul....right the wrongs

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Sorry, Caz.....I tend to bristle when a man is disparaged for his military service.....his political career on the other hand, have at it, no arguments from me.  It is interesting though when a person is staring death in the face, how that person tends to cleanse the soul....right the wrongs

GO RV, then BV

What's interesting to me is how people keep saying we need term limits for Congressional seats.  If they are that messed up then just vote them out at the next election!  I know it's tough since we have so many uneducated voters - but I don't think term limits is the answer.  Just my :twocents:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Fake News....compliments of Faux News and their Alt-Right guest list.  

GO RV, then BV

Here's an interesting nugget.  Seems Faux News has had a change of heart and will not have retired vet back on the air, after his false claims against John McCain....or in his words, Songbird John.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-says-guest-criticized-mccain-wont-back-142607058.html

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Fake News....compliments of Faux News and their Alt-Right guest list.  

GO RV, then BV

If the enemy  were to break both my shoulders and my fingers beat me like a pinata, I would have probably sung like a songbird too.

Even though he wrecked two training jets, started a fire by bomb explosion killing 134, causing $72 million in damages to the USS Forrestal, I have to give him credit for not opting out of the H Hilton.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Shabs,

No problem my friend. I salute the sacrifice so many have given. But like in anything there are those unworthy imo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tankdude said:

What's interesting to me is how people keep saying we need term limits for Congressional seats.  If they are that messed up then just vote them out at the next election!  I know it's tough since we have so many uneducated voters - but I don't think term limits is the answer.  Just my :twocents:

Term limits IMO will minimize voting one in for decades simply because of name recognition or spends the most to prop themselves up as the next messiah

• Upvote 1

Meghan McCain: aide who dismissed my father as 'dying anyway' should lose job

John McCain’s daughter responded after White House official Kelly Sadler made remarks about the ailing Arizona senator in a meeting

Staff and agencies

Fri 11 May 2018 20.41 BST First published on Fri 11 May 2018 01.59 BST

2880.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=3f567b402532a14be64108f450b0a9c5
‘It is not how you die. It is how you live,’ Meghan McCain said on ABC’s The View, on which she is a co-host
Photograph: KPA/Zuma/Rex Features

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/10/john-mccain-white-house-aide-hes-dying-anyway

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1