Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV has to happen soon

This is my first post on here. Looks like we are close to a RV. On AKNews online they said the ISX(Iraq stock exchange) will be closed fromDecember 20th-January3rd 2012. AKNews is an online newspaper that is from Iraq. Also, Obama and Maliki both said Iraq is a soverign nation today. In order to be a soverign nation you have to have a tradable economy meaning the RV has to be close. Also, in order to be a sov. nation you cant be in chapt7 bankruptcy and you would need to revalue the money. I'll keep my fingers crossed tonight. Lastly, the International Monetary Fund meets with the World Trade Organization next week and they only meet once every two years. If Iraq wants to import/export goods and kick start their economy they have to act fast.

• Upvote 16

Welcome RVSLAYER smile.gif I like your positive thoughts.

I have not heard anything about the ISX closing during that time nor that IMF and WTO were meeting next week. It would be great if you could bring in links to the articles but you did give me enough info that I can look them up myself, Thank You

• Upvote 4

This is my first post on here. Looks like we are close to a RV. On AKNews online they said the ISX(Iraq stock exchange) will be closed fromDecember 20th-January3rd 2012. AKNews is an online newspaper that is from Iraq. Also, Obama and Maliki both said Iraq is a soverign nation today. In order to be a soverign nation you have to have a tradable economy meaning the RV has to be close. Also, in order to be a sov. nation you cant be in chapt7 bankruptcy and you would need to revalue the money. I'll keep my fingers crossed tonight. Lastly, the International Monetary Fund meets with the World Trade Organization next week and they only meet once every two years. If Iraq wants to import/export goods and kick start their economy they have to act fast.

Thanks for the post RVSlayer :) I hope you are right! RV Soon would be awesome.....

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the posting party where everyone has a different opinion, personality and way of expressing what they believe or wonder about our investment! It's a fun way to meet friends, and get educated about Iraq and their currency! Happy to have you aboard!

May you, your loved ones, and ALL your decisions be blessed! smile.gif

• Upvote 3

This is my first post on here. Looks like we are close to a RV. On AKNews online they said the ISX(Iraq stock exchange) will be closed fromDecember 20th-January3rd 2012. AKNews is an online newspaper that is from Iraq. Also, Obama and Maliki both said Iraq is a soverign nation today. In order to be a soverign nation you have to have a tradable economy meaning the RV has to be close.

This is incorrect. The notion that you have to have a currency of a certain value in order to be sovereign is, quite frankly, ridiculous. I think it's one of those things that gurus have repeated so often that people take it as fact, even though it is completely false. There are, and have been, numerous sovereign nations with currency's worth less than Iraqs, and with Iraq their currency value is actually far less meaningful because 90+% of their GDP is oil sales, which are not paid for with dinar.

Also, in order to be a sov. nation you cant be in chapt7 bankruptcy and you would need to revalue the money. I'll keep my fingers crossed tonight. Lastly, the International Monetary Fund meets with the World Trade Organization next week and they only meet once every two years. If Iraq wants to import/export goods and kick start their economy they have to act fast.

UN Chapter 7, which Iraq is currently under sanctions from,, has nothing to do with bankruptcy. I suggest you do some research.

Edited by Matt330
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

This is incorrect. The notion that you have to have a currency of a certain value in order to be sovereign is, quite frankly, ridiculous. I think it's one of those things that gurus have repeated so often that people take it as fact, even though it is completely false. There are, and have been, numerous sovereign nations with currency's worth less than Iraqs, and with Iraq their currency value is actually far less meaningful because 90+% of their GDP is oil sales, which are not paid for with dinar.

UN Chapter 7, which Iraq is currently under sanctions from,, has nothing to do with bankruptcy. I suggest you do some research.

You feel better now?

• Upvote 8

Your a real bringer of doom and gloom :( Go RV

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Welcome to the insanity we call DV, RVSLAYER. Have fun here.

That having been said, I do have to agree with Matt330. Think of Zimbabwe and their worthless dollar. You can be a trillionaire and still be dirt poor. And, indeed, the Chapter VII we refer to has nothing to do with bankruptcy as defined by the US government. Sorry.

Anyway, welcome to the fun and keep on posting. We value all opinions.

• Upvote 2

Matt will you please list the sovereign nations that do NOT have a tradable currency. Stating that the notion is ridiculous and false doesn't cut it here at DV. Posting a list of the nations that are sovereign without a tradable currency would be fact based. I do agree with you that Iraq becoming sovereign does not mean that they have to RV their currency, but becoming sovereign, I believe means the currency needs to be tradable. 1170 to $1 doesn't have to change. Yes the IQD may be listed as an exotic currency but it would be tradable.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Good valid points all the way around- and you could add a boatload of other goodies to the list (military bases turned back over to them, new fighter jets ordered, huge oil deals signed, etc...), things you wouldn't think would be allowed unless "it was a sovereign nation". smile.gif So yes... it does look like it is coming very soon! eyebrows.gif

Welcome to the DV btw, and good first post! wink.gif Come on boyz... gitter dun!biggrin.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

• Upvote 3

Finally a post that makes sense! I'm glad you pointed all of this out because it saved me the time. I will add one more thing. I think that so many people are hanging their hats on Iraq being released from chapter 7 as the day we will see an RV, when one thing has nothing to do with the other. They could RV today if they wanted to, but will they, no. They may never RV the Dinar and Chapter 7 is also just another tool that people use in order to increase sales of the Dinar. Obviously being released from Chapter 7 is a very good thing for Iraq as they move forward, but that does not guarantee anything. For those that want to ask...yes I am in this for the same reasons you are and will sit on my dinar until the end, whenever that may be, but the more I look into this thing, the more I realize that it probably won't happen the way most would like it to.

• Upvote 5

Finally a post that makes sense! I'm glad you pointed all of this out because it saved me the time. I will add one more thing. I think that so many people are hanging their hats on Iraq being released from chapter 7 as the day we will see an RV, when one thing has nothing to do with the other. They could RV today if they wanted to, but will they, no. They may never RV the Dinar and Chapter 7 is also just another tool that people use in order to increase sales of the Dinar. Obviously being released from Chapter 7 is a very good thing for Iraq as they move forward, but that does not guarantee anything. For those that want to ask...yes I am in this for the same reasons you are and will sit on my dinar until the end, whenever that may be, but the more I look into this thing, the more I realize that it probably won't happen the way most would like it to.

Welcome RVSLAYER. Good points all. Re WTO meetings - agenda for meetings is posted at

http://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news_e.htm#whatson

Don't see anything on the schedule referring to Iraq's Accession being addressed, and based on information found on the site, it appears that a country must follow a prescribed procedure in order to apply for consideration and then must negotiate with the organization regarding tariffs etc. Not saying preliminaries have not been submitted by Iraq, but nothing on the agenda says that the WTO will be considering them this go round.

As far as RV vs. Chap 7, IMHO, one is not necessary for the other to happen, but Chap 7 is the only real bargaining chip U.S. and other UN nations of the Security Council have to insure the RV happens. In other words, Iraq, RV before we will vote to release you from of Chap 7 sanctions - no RV, no release!

• Upvote 2

How many times over the past two and a half years have I said, "The Iraqis must do this or must have this, before that can happen", and they don't. For some strange reason the Iraqis and GOI in particular seem to be able to defy the laws of physics and finances and just keep staggering forward with their toilet paper currency hoping to find redemption in the world community outhouse. Yes, reason would say they must have a tradable currency to be released from Chpt 7, but reality may, again, defy reason in this strange land.

• Upvote 1

Well I thought it was a a great first post, good for you Slayer.

The bottom line is that absolutely none of us know what Iraq intends to do, and we either approach it with a positive but steady attitude, or with a more morose tone.

I am just heartened that such progress is being made, and am of the opinion a bit like Champagne, once the cork pops this is will fizz. Loved the articles about the stock market and HCL today.

Happy Christmas and I for one am looking forward to lots of popping in the New Year. :D

• Upvote 1

Welcome RVSLAYER. Good points all. Re WTO meetings - agenda for meetings is posted at

http://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news_e.htm#whatson

Don't see anything on the schedule referring to Iraq's Accession being addressed, and based on information found on the site, it appears that a country must follow a prescribed procedure in order to apply for consideration and then must negotiate with the organization regarding tariffs etc. Not saying preliminaries have not been submitted by Iraq, but nothing on the agenda says that the WTO will be considering them this go round.

As far as RV vs. Chap 7, IMHO, one is not necessary for the other to happen, but Chap 7 is the only real bargaining chip U.S. and other UN nations of the Security Council have to insure the RV happens. In other words, Iraq, RV before we will vote to release you from of Chap 7 sanctions - no RV, no release!

FIRST time I heard this - and it makes a lot of sense. Chapt. 7 as a bargaining chip. Now, I believe Iraq is not the sole controller of this RV. They are an occupied country with the occupier standing to make billions or trillions off this RV. But if the GOI decides to play coy, or trip things up, or delay forever, then Chap 7 is a good weapon to use against them.

• Upvote 1