Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Live on GBTV

BrokeNoMore

Who cares?

I could not care less what Rabbi the Kook says.

God says not to stand against them, but it doesn't mean I have to believe the crap they teach. :)

You have obviously never taken a class from a Jewish professor of religion, or studied the Hebrew Scriptures, or worshiped in a Jewish house of prayer! They don't try to change your beliefs, they pray sincerely to God, they teach people to keep the laws given to Moses, they let every Jew have their own personal beliefs as well as all peoples from every nation and belief system. No "I'm infallible stuff" no pope sending out edicts..............there are of course some very religious Jews who may seem a little radical to many, however it is because they were told to keep the law and they don't want anyone in Israel profaning the Sabbath..............you can't help but respect their very strong beliefs about how they are to study Torah day and night and keep Israel safe from westernized greek and roman culture................remember who has been trying to destroy them for a few thousand years!

• Upvote 2

Man, do you guys realize that Sansoucci and Brokenomore have singlehandedly taken over 3 pages of this thread bickering back and forth? Where are the mods when you need them. Close this thing already. No offense to anyone chiming in, but REALLY? I'm only on page 5 and have the sense to move on to another post REGARDING THE IRAQI DINAR. And the rest of you, shame on you for enabling these two. Maybe I missed something that has obviously got all of you worked into a frenzy, but man, you're killing this thread. If I wanted drama, i'd watch TV. Go RV. Go Brokenomore. Go Sansoucci. Go on! Chao.

Edited by thatoneguy
  • Upvote 2

Man, do you guys realize that Sansoucci and Brokenomore have singlehandedly taken over 3 pages of this thread bickering back and forth? Where are the mods when you need them. Close this thing already. No offense to anyone chiming in, but REALLY? I'm only on page 5 and have the sense to move on to another post REGARDING THE IRAQI DINAR. And the rest of you, shame on you for enabling these two. Maybe I missed something that has obviously got all of you worked into a frenzy, but man, you're killing this thread. If I wanted drama, i'd watch TV. Go RV. Go Brokenomore. Go Sansoucci. Go on! Chao.

And that my friends, is why,,We have so many churches..wink.gif

• Upvote 1

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!! Jeeeez!!!! Another thread destroyed by being turned into a friggin religious debate !!! I came in here this morning because last night I had enjoyed reading this thread. I thought that during the night it MIGHT have gotten further contributions re currency (Kyat). This thread has gone from being a rumour to needing moved to off topics!! Why is it that almost every thread on this site ends up a religious debate , covered in bible quotes?!?! I want to learn about this investment. I am interested in others opinion in regards to this investment. But lately it seems impossible to read anything on here with out having some bodies religious beliefs shoved in my face!! Give it a friggin rest. Some body start a thread or forum in off topic and let people debate it there if they wish. I don't care about a persons creed , colour , sexuality, religious beliefs or anything else. I don't want this debate every time I read a thread on this site! Somebody please close this because it has been destroyed and is now as far as I am concerned irrelevant to this forum. If you are that religious ......... Go debate it on a separate thread! Not in every thread that is posted.

• Upvote 3

Since I was raised to never argue Politics or Religion I would just like to comment on the thread way back there that stated that the Dinar and all other Foreign Currency investments are supposedly a well-kept secret. Ironically, I learned of the Dinar investment some eight or more years back from George W. himself in an article that was published on the internet about how the Presidents and many other Millionaires got rich from investing in Foreign Currency at wartime when it devalued and revalued at the end of the war. I immediately purchased some Dinars every chance I got for a couple years and held on to them with the knowledge that some day they would revalue just as Bush said they would. The only other thought that gave rise from that story was that, "Is it any wonder that most Presidents are war mongers?" It wouldn't surprise me that Glen is a Dinarian at all.

• Upvote 2

I think we can go ahead and put Glenn Beck on the list of celebrities who are invested in the Iraqi dinar.

Myanmar's currency is the Kyat and its abbreviation is MMK. Get in now because Beck is going to cause a run on the Kyat!

Myanmar! What a hoot!

Yeah, he did you the word currency. Lets chalk it as fact he holds dinar. because we know anybody that says anything about currency this day and age is talking about the dinar. another forum fact. sweet.

Can Adam and someone tell me " Is Myanmar the same as Burmese Kyat?Sorry I am pretty new to this kind of currency. Cause when I check the currency converter, it only show up 1Burmese Kyat= 0.15 USD. it doesn't say about Myanmar. So, I have a little bit confused and I am really appreciated if someone and Adam can answer my question.

WELL...I guess we will see the power of Glenn Beck first hand! It will be funny if there is a huge run all of a sudden Myanmar currency. If the theory about the Vietnamese dong RVing when China RV's is correct then I guess the same could be said about Myanmar. I will not be buying into any more currencies until something happens w/ the dong or iqd, period!!!

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!! Jeeeez!!!! Another thread destroyed by being turned into a friggin religious debate !!! I came in here this morning because last night I had enjoyed reading this thread. I thought that during the night it MIGHT have gotten further contributions re currency (Kyat). This thread has gone from being a rumour to needing moved to off topics!! Why is it that almost every thread on this site ends up a religious debate , covered in bible quotes?!?! I want to learn about this investment. I am interested in others opinion in regards to this investment. But lately it seems impossible to read anything on here with out having some bodies religious beliefs shoved in my face!! Give it a friggin rest. Some body start a thread or forum in off topic and let people debate it there if they wish. I don't care about a persons creed , colour , sexuality, religious beliefs or anything else. I don't want this debate every time I read a thread on this site! Somebody please close this because it has been destroyed and is now as far as I am concerned irrelevant to this forum. If you are that religious ......... Go debate it on a separate thread! Not in every thread that is posted.

THANK YOU!

• Upvote 2

You won't be buying Myanmar kyat either, because you cannot even take it out of the country. To me, that puts the lie to GB's entire shtick.

I don't take it as a lie. I take it as maybe he got overzealous & started to talk about it and for whatever reason the powers that be reigned him back. Like him or not, he's very passionate about everything. That's why so many think he's nuts w/ conspiracies. He speaks the truth but when he rants it puts him in the "nuts" category. Everything I've ever heard him predict has been pretty spot on. With that said, I don't listen often so I can give a good testament.

• Upvote 2

OK, I did not get to listen to the program last night so I am just going off of what was discussed here before we went off topic. Here is a quick lesson into Mr. Rogers. He and Soros used to work together. They made their first fortune by taking down the Bank of England. they parted ways shortly thereafter. Jim then started into gold since he knew first hand how easy it is to take down a bank. Jim had his new firm originally based in New York after he broke with Soros. He then met his new wife (was married briefly before I believe but had no children) and together they traveled the world. She is younger then Jim so they started a family and have 2 young daughters who I believe are both under the age of 10. They chose Singapore after all their travels because of their way of live a securer banking and currency. He sold everything in the US and is raising his girls in Singapore.

Now Jim is no idiot and he knows full well you can't take that currency out of the country! So why not mention that country. Jim does not do interviews, that is why most people have not heard of him. He is a bigger pusher of gold and silver. He has stated several times that the dollar is going to crash and if you can get out of the country do so. He pulled his money before the banking laws changed. think he didn't know something? Again, not a giver of interviews he knows to much.

I believe that it was discussed in veiled fashion from what I have read here. When you have worked with these types of individuals you learn to keep your mouth shut. How do you think they make sooo much money? We are on the right track here folks. Do some research on Jim. I read his stuff every chance I get.

• Upvote 1

OK, I did not get to listen to the program last night so I am just going off of what was discussed here before we went off topic. Here is a quick lesson into Mr. Rogers. He and Soros used to work together. They made their first fortune by taking down the Bank of England. they parted ways shortly thereafter. Jim then started into gold since he knew first hand how easy it is to take down a bank. Jim had his new firm originally based in New York after he broke with Soros. He then met his new wife (was married briefly before I believe but had no children) and together they traveled the world. She is younger then Jim so they started a family and have 2 young daughters who I believe are both under the age of 10. They chose Singapore after all their travels because of their way of live a securer banking and currency. He sold everything in the US and is raising his girls in Singapore.

Now Jim is no idiot and he knows full well you can't take that currency out of the country! So why not mention that country. Jim does not do interviews, that is why most people have not heard of him. He is a bigger pusher of gold and silver. He has stated several times that the dollar is going to crash and if you can get out of the country do so. He pulled his money before the banking laws changed. think he didn't know something? Again, not a giver of interviews he knows to much.

I believe that it was discussed in veiled fashion from what I have read here. When you have worked with these types of individuals you learn to keep your mouth shut. How do you think they make sooo much money? We are on the right track here folks. Do some research on Jim. I read his stuff every chance I get.

Jim Rogers does CNBC interviews from Singapore. Go to youtube and you will find his views on things. He is a big "bull" on China.

Mak63

I would posit that much of this story, while possibly true, is theater. I think that many here at DV are reluctant to consider that most of what they see is specifically designed for public consumption. One can say that there is no honor among thieves, but we have no idea that Jim Rogers' current relationship to George Soros is acrimonious. The fact that he appears on GBTV, the host of which plays the part of a staunch critic of George Soros, proves absolutely nothing. It is theater and they could be merely acting.

No one likes to be taken for a sucker, but these guys do it to us every day.

Pumpers.

I agree with with Sanssouci I think Glen was held back on the Dinar RV. Having said that, before the interview I imagine he did a "Holy Crap what do I talk about now? Whats a currency that is risky, no one ever heard of it and you can't buy in the US. What do you have Jim?"

"Well Glen how about the Kyat it's so risky you can't buy it anywhere but there."

"Thanks Jim. BTW how much dinar do you have?"

• Upvote 1

Jim Rogers does CNBC interviews from Singapore. Go to youtube and you will find his views on things. He is a big "bull" on China.

Mak63

Yes, you are correct on that. I stand corrected. Saw him on Fox business after I posted. He is very bullish on China, he was talking this morning on how the dollar is in worse shape then the Euro and that he plans to short US bonds. When pressed he said he wasn't sure when he would do it. He said he has lost on it before since the Fed has the ability to print money.

He used to run the Quantum Fund for anyone who wants to look that up.

I would posit that much of this story, while possibly true, is theater. I think that many here at DV are reluctant to consider that most of what they see is specifically designed for public consumption. One can say that there is no honor among thieves, but we have no idea that Jim Rogers' current relationship to George Soros is acrimonious. The fact that he appears on GBTV, the host of which plays the part of a staunch critic of George Soros, proves absolutely nothing. It is theater and they could be merely acting.

No one likes to be taken for a sucker, but these guys do it to us every day.

Point well taken Sanssouci. Anything is possible they may still speak they may not. I remember reading once that Jim had purchased property on the Upper West side for 100,000 some thousand and when he finally sold it years later it went for 14 million. The man can make a buck.

• Upvote 1

BrokeNoMore began the "takeover." She bailed and I got left holding the bag. God, I know how it feels to be Germany.

Can anyone say BAIT?

I tend to agree, but with me, you know, it always starts with a question to me that I feel obligated to answer.

Anybody who reads this thread will see how you threw little crap out there about beck to start a discussion (which is fine) and then turned it ugly (which is not) because you couldn't get a rise out of me until you started making outrageous inflammatory accusations against Beck.

I will not be your sucker again.

• Upvote 5

Can anyone say BAIT?

I'm holding back my keystrokes on everything from his flaming of Beck to his religious diatribe. I said earlier and I'll say it again......... Sanssouci/Sanssouci2 (Mods, isn't that an issue) is a sh)t starter. He's one of those folks that's a "know it all" and will always have the last word and in this forum, he'll just keep going and going and going......... as long as we take exception to his point. When you read something from him you object to, off the subject of Dinar/Iraq, go to the next post.......... Then he'll have nothing to respond to......

By the way, BrokeNoMore, did you make it to the airport ok?

MAK63

• Upvote 3

I'm holding back my keystrokes on everything from his flaming of Beck to his religious diatribe. I said earlier and I'll say it again......... Sanssouci/Sanssouci2 (Mods, isn't that an issue) is a sh)t starter. He's one of those folks that's a "know it all" and will always have the last word and in this forum, he'll just keep going and going and going......... as long as we take exception to his point. When you read something from him you object to, off the subject of Dinar/Iraq, go to the next post.......... Then he'll have nothing to respond to......

By the way, BrokeNoMore, did you make it to the airport ok?

MAK63

Thanks for asking, Mak :) I did. It's hard for me to do a 2 hour drive when I haven't had sufficient rest...I was picking up my husband, who returned from a week long trip. He said he only hit the luggage bins above his head twice with turbulence. :lol: I'm glad he's home safe. I'll get to go nap here shortly.

• Upvote 2

His buddy, George Soros, told him to zip it.

George Soros is no buddy of Glenn Beck. What planet have you been living on?

Soros doesn't have buddies anyway. He has minions. He has employees, he has operatives.

This is just a false and wrong statement and you should to retract it now. I call BS and ignorance, not to mention character assassination. If he deserved it... maybe. But Soros is the dark one.

Glenn Beck isn't perfect, but he's a good guy and he loves this country. If you love Soros, you are not a patriot. You can love Glenn Beck and be a great patriot.

So, shut up with the lies and false statements about a good man.

It's not OK to make such a statement when it's the opposite of the truth. But go ahead. Be willing to catch a few arrows yourself. Let me ask you personally, what have you done lately for your country, for your God? For your fellow citizens that need decent men to help lead, and to organize and motivate.

He is the countermeasure to crony capitalism, communism, Soros...

Sorry for the knee-jerk response, but I've just about had it with the careless statements. We all have to put up with them to some extent, but we don't have to sit silent and watch it.

I'll defend Beck. The world needs many more Becks, and no more Soros'.

It's shocking that some people cannot tell the difference between a good and bad person by even close examination of their actions and fruit. Why do you think so many Americans are truly petrified of the future, because their fate may lie in the hands of a bunch of corrupt politicians and bankers, and naive, selfish, corrupt, and just plain ignorant voters that have yet to mature but still have the same vote as a decent, productive, and sacrificial citizen would.

Now that the demographic is such that nearly half the population depends on a Govt. check, it's at the tipping point. Things begin to matter more, they become critical because the outcome is dramatic, depending on which direction we end up going. Attacking Glenn Beck is the wrong direction, and it makes me curious about why anyone would think ill of him, his intentions could not be more clear.

I understand that none of us agree with him all the time. This is about who he is friends with, or more accurately, who he is allied with and his intentions.

Nothing personal. They laugh as we fight with each other and destroy their enemies for them.

Think.

• Upvote 4

George Soros is no buddy of Glenn Beck. What planet have you been living on?

Soros doesn't have buddies anyway. He has minions. He has employees, he has operatives.

This is just a false and wrong statement and you should to retract it now. I call BS and ignorance, not to mention character assassination. If he deserved it... maybe. But Soros is the dark one.

Glenn Beck isn't perfect, but he's a good guy and he loves this country. If you love Soros, you are not a patriot. You can love Glenn Beck and be a great patriot.

So, shut up with the lies and false statements about a good man.

It's not OK to make such a statement when it's the opposite of the truth. But go ahead. Be willing to catch a few arrows yourself. Let me ask you personally, what have you done lately for your country, for your God? For your fellow citizens that need decent men to help lead, and to organize and motivate.

He is the countermeasure to crony capitalism, communism, Soros...

Sorry for the knee-jerk response, but I've just about had it with the careless statements. We all have to put up with them to some extent, but we don't have to sit silent and watch it.

I'll defend Beck. The world needs many more Becks, and no more Soros'.

It's shocking that some people cannot tell the difference between a good and bad person by even close examination of their actions and fruit. Why do you think so many Americans are truly petrified of the future, because their fate may lie in the hands of a bunch of corrupt politicians and bankers, and naive, selfish, corrupt, and just plain ignorant voters that have yet to mature but still have the same vote as a decent, productive, and sacrificial citizen would.

Now that the demographic is such that nearly half the population depends on a Govt. check, it's at the tipping point. Things begin to matter more, they become critical because the outcome is dramatic, depending on which direction we end up going. Attacking Glenn Beck is the wrong direction, and it makes me curious about why anyone would think ill of him, his intentions could not be more clear.

I understand that none of us agree with him all the time. This is about who he is friends with, or more accurately, who he is allied with and his intentions.

Nothing personal. They laugh as we fight with each other and destroy their enemies for them.

Think.

Just a heads up. You are right with your assessment but this kind of response is EXACTLY what Sanssouci is looking for. Now he has something to respond to and hopefully another person he can TRY and fire up. This is just the kind of person Sanssouci is. It is fairly easy to see from his previous 50 posts or so...

He is a Conspiracy Theorists on a whole new level!

Great post by the way!

He also has to have the last word so I can guarantee you he will be back to respond...

Sanssouci:

I just found a few religious forums for you to go to so HOPEFULLY you will soon leave US DINAR INVESTORS alone. I'm sure you and your debates will be more appreciated over at the following forums. Most of us don't really care what you have to say here anyways.

Probably won't work but it is worth the try.

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/index.php

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/

• Upvote 3

I would like to take this opportunity, since the thread has not yet died it's natural death, to apologize to all DV members for my part in this debacle.

I really believed that Sanssouci was tossing things around in good faith based on a real point of view, and now it is apparent to me that he is more about stirring things up and angering people than about any positive learning exchange. I believed that he might have something real to share, and then, however briefly, believed that the exchanges around the Jewish people and Israelis were about something other than hate mongering. I apologize most of all for some posts I made that reflected that I think poorly of the Jewish people. If the entire thread were read thru, clearly that is not my heart.

By the time someone accuses me of being a hater, I realize what is really going on and it's waaaaaaay too late. I'll try not to be naive on this board in the future, and recognize bait a little earlier in the process.

• Upvote 7

I would like to take this opportunity, since the thread has not yet died it's natural death, to apologize to all DV members for my part in this debacle.

I really believed that Sanssouci was tossing things around in good faith based on a real point of view, and now it is apparent to me that he is more about stirring things up and angering people than about any positive learning exchange. I believed that he might have something real to share, and then, however briefly, believed that the exchanges around the Jewish people and Israelis were about something other than hate mongering. I apologize most of all for some posts I made that reflected that I think poorly of the Jewish people. If the entire thread were read thru, clearly that is not my heart.

By the time someone accuses me of being a hater, I realize what is really going on and it's waaaaaaay too late. I'll try not to be naive on this board in the future, and recognize bait a little earlier in the process.

Your apology is absolutely not necessary Broke... but it does show your genuine intentions of fair and honest communication. So, thank you... from me. You did an excellent job... and the evolution of these things sometimes is a natural dynamic... proving that the free-market of thought and opinion is the final judge. We each see ultimate result... but, it's the confidence and resolution of your own viewpoint that matters most :)

Does this thread qualify for trainwreck status yet?

:P

Haha... scary as the Taggart Comet going over a bridge of Rearden Metal at 100 mph.... but it's still on the tracks!!! :o Should pull into the station soon! Glad to see you following along Adam... very reassuring! :)