Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For Keepmwlknfny, MrFnHappy, Dinark (are u still around??)etc.

Why not put something forward that disputes them rather than unsubstantiated comments like you have been doing?

Just a thought...

"Unsubtantiated comments" really??? I suggest that you review the independent audited financials..(by the way I didn't issue them)....and after you analyze them tell me what you think about the CBI....

Edited by GotSix

"Unsubtantiated comments" really??? I suggest that you review the independent audited financials..(by the way I didn't issue them)....and by the way after you analyze them tell me what you think about the CBI....

Again, put forward a link, a presentation, a third party accounting spreadsheet or something, at a minimum, to support your assertions. So far all you have stated is don't believe what they say, but have given nothing to nudge people to not believe what they say. There are plenty of people here that don't want to believe the numbers that the CBI, IMF, etc offer up - but there has not been one person, including yourself, that offers anything with any potential validity that differs from the 'official' accounts.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Fully 8 years into this venture, I wanted it as badly as anyone else. A lot of people seem to think we want a redenomination to happen, and ask why we "got into it" with that mentality. Nothing could be further from the truth, I got into this looking to make BIG money but after countless hours of reading and researching, I just don't see that happening any more.

Yes, I still hold 3M dinar on the chance I'm mistaken, but I have reduced my exposure by many times that amount, as have a close group of friends of mine.

Heck, if the gurus are correct, the 3M I hold will still be enough. :lol:

I wish everyone good luck in this speculation, but I recommend independent research, common sense, and realistic expectations before depending on this venture to "change your life".

Couldn't of said it better myself.....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Fully 8 years into this venture, I wanted it as badly as anyone else. A lot of people seem to think we want a redenomination to happen, and ask why we "got into it" with that mentality. Nothing could be further from the truth, I got into this looking to make BIG money but after countless hours of reading and researching, I just don't see that happening any more.

Yes, I still hold 3M dinar on the chance I'm mistaken, but I have reduced my exposure by many times that amount, as have a close group of friends of mine.

Heck, if the gurus are correct, the 3M I hold will still be enough. :lol:

I wish everyone good luck in this speculation, but I recommend independent research, common sense, and realistic expectations before depending on this venture to "change your life".

Make perfect sense. It's too bad 95% of the people on this forum lack the mental capacity to see this thing as anything other than a guaranteed windfall. And sadly, place all their hopes in one giant RV basket. Objectivity isn't negativity....it's common sense.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

100% right!! It ain't gonna RV at $4 or $5 like most of the gurus are saying. Just gotta keep a level head and I think there's a good chance we'll see a profit down the road. Ideally they'll be able to support a rate similar to Saudi Arabia's one day but they still have to get the circulation way down. Worst case, I think we maybe double or triple our investment. Thing is to just do your own research and dont get too caught up in all the hype. Good posts guys.

Wow ..... Six, wow. You could have some valid points but your presentation truly sucks. I suspect that, as others have stated ...... what a waste of time! good day

Hey Keep, MrHappy, PP and others. THIS is a great example of some benefits of the VIP/OSI sections. You NEVER see this garbage. Come on over. The neighbors are great!

• Upvote 1

Maybe not.....maybe so.....

You have anything more credible to go off of??? Would love to see it.....

If I'm gonna choose between believing some random person on the internet (basing info on emotion) and believing official audits by the CBI and other big name companies that are just doing what's written in the CBIs policies then well I think you know where I'm going with this. Ch 7 sanctions required iraq to be transparent financially......they seem to be pretty forthcoming with info....could the numbers be off? Maybe.....but it would need to be off by trillions.....

So sorry for going off of what's in front of me instead of by emotion just because of how bad I want something.....

Time to play a game called... "What if?"

What if, the information we read on a public CBI site is false, while the real information is presented to the organizations that require legit data?

What this means, what we see is false, but what the entities that require legit data get the real information.

This will ultimately suppress speculation on the average person looking to buy IQD for profits....

What if, the CBI pays their quotas with physical currency to the IMF at their current rate? Going off of memory, I believe that the quotas are to be paid 1/3 domestic currency & 2/3s (other liquid cash such as reserve currencies)

Anyone know what they're quota payments to the IMF should be? Figure 33% of that could be the reasoning for the high # in circulation.

Lets say, over the course of a few years, they've accumulated 5 billion $ USD worth of dinar sent as part of their quotas.. That could calculate up to $5 trillion of their money supply. Would the IMF reap the benefits of the R/V? I doubt it, they would likely return the difference or exchange for the USD equivalent to meet the quota.

(Still hoping someone knows what the Quota rates would be...)

We have to view paying quotas like paying insurance... It isn't exactly cheap, and its intention is to help countries in need... So you know that the IMF holds a large amount of currencies from all its members.

Something to chew on..

• Upvote 2

Make perfect sense. It's too bad 95% of the people on this forum lack the mental capacity to see this thing as anything other than a guaranteed windfall. And sadly, place all their hopes in one giant RV basket. Objectivity isn't negativity....it's common sense.

Thank You! However, I think the number should be 98%.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Now thats a very uneducated load of c*ap that insults the majority of people here at DV. These are the type of remarks that are just not called for..........now thats just common sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh come on! Your basically labeling 95% of the people here as sheeple.

I've labeled this investment as worst case scenario: We lose our entire holdings as for what we hold turns invalid as we are unable to cash out, to best case scenario: substantial R/V (Likely nothing beyond $1.50 IMO)...

R/V or R/D, I don't think the CBI can handle a run on their banks to cash out people.

Obviously, it would be less of an impact with a R/D, while a R/V could easily wipe them out.

If they've printed & issued as much as they claim, either event will not bode well for reserves. What they need to do is find a way to prevent the IQD from returning to the CBI...

This could be done through making it internationally traded (Exchange stations would have a supply, banks would have a supply, and some other businesses would keep a supply).

They could work up other so-called agreements to trade goods for IQD. (i.e., Crude for IQD)...

One question I think everyone should answer is simply this:

You find out that the CBI finalized & approved a full re-denomination with the intent to let the plan have a 2 year duration before what you hold is considered invalid. During this project, they release new lower denominations (re-denominated currency) to coincide with the old notes. As time progresses, it is expected the old notes will be rare, as for what is drawn in is replaced with new lower denominations.

What would all of us do, as speculators with what we hold?

Okay, from my point of view, I would cash-out immediately. I would find the place willing to take my IQD and exchange for USD.

Why? Because plans can change like the wind & we could miss our window. I would debate the following: Investing through ISX or Warka

Would I expect a rate change? Maybe a little up-front to add incentive to use IQD over USD, but the biggest change would likely not happen until after the project is complete.

Here is why, some people may hold.... They may be naive to the R/D, or think that they may raise the rate during the duration. I would argue not likely, since history of Re-denominations, the rate isn't appreciated until after the project is complete.

Why you ask? Because now the CBI can re-assess their liabilities while comparing it to what they have to back it. If they're currency liablilities are reduced by 50%, you could see a value increase by double.

Is it worth waiting 2 years to see a "maybe" doubling of your money?? Some would say yes, others would say no.

But, I am hoping they amend or change their policies where they do not feel it is necessary to set their exchange rate by what they can back 100%...

A high demand will help push them to raise the rate... Trust & faith in the IQD will help maintain that demand..

Trade will help maintain that demand, etc. etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Same here except I got mine down to one Million and now I am beginning to wonder just how attached I am to that! After taking an honest look at this thing without the emotional influence of what I WANTED to happen suddenly the impracticality of the impossibly high figures became all too clear! It has become very clear to me now that's not a matter of what Iraq will do but rather a matter of what they can do and obviously they can't do the impossible no matter how much we want to believe it..

There are many that will be interested in helping you rid yourself of your emotional nightmare. Best of luck to you

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

100% right!! It ain't gonna RV at $4 or $5 like most of the gurus are saying. Just gotta keep a level head and I think there's a good chance we'll see a profit down the road. Ideally they'll be able to support a rate similar to Saudi Arabia's one day but they still have to get the circulation way down. Worst case, I think we maybe double or triple our investment. Thing is to just do your own research and dont get too caught up in all the hype. Good posts guys.

I will take the Saudi Arabia rate of 27 cents right now, no questions asked

Again, put forward a link, a presentation, a third party accounting spreadsheet or something, at a minimum, to support your assertions. So far all you have stated is don't believe what they say, but have given nothing to nudge people to not believe what they say. There are plenty of people here that don't want to believe the numbers that the CBI, IMF, etc offer up - but there has not been one person, including yourself, that offers anything with any potential validity that differs from the 'official' accounts.

I've got a question about the CBI Financial Spreadsheets. Actually, I've got lots of questions about that spreadsheet.

Are the "Foreign Liabilities of the CBI" dinar held in other Central Banks around the world?

Why don't they use formulas in their excel spreadsheet? It looks like they just put number in. (talking specifically about reserve requirements and excess current accounts).

By the way, I for one appreciate discussion/debate when we look at information and try to pick it apart, rather than just saying it will RV just because..., or it will RD just because....

I have no idea what the real intentions of Iraq are, but the numbers they put out confuse me. When I'm confused, I try to work through the information to make sense of it, but I struggle with where some of their numbers come from. Help in understanding the numbers is great.

laugh.gif You know thats right!! Babys R Us now accepts dinar as payment!!! laugh.gif

Its gonna be a girl!! Ava Marie.....

Congrats, Keep. Little girls are the apples of "somebody's" eyes. Wonder whose? lol She will be a huge joy to you, and she will trigger so much love that it is virtually impossible to know about it until you actually feel it. You've chosen a lovely name for her.

Very sad...why soo many negative marks???.... just trying to prove facts issued by independent third parties...believe me I'm not trying to start a fight (yet)

Hey, I don't know how all this transpired but if you really mean facts issued by independent parties, then it's best to provide links with you accusations.

========================

Keepm, congrats on the bundle of joy, and BTW, you might not want to run to the VP section. Well, uh, sometimes you know, you might, well ah, ya see, just might make a little noise... :lol::eyebrows:

Edited by uncirculd

As I stated previously, it was not my intention to provoke or insult anyone in anyway.....but honestly some of the comments made were just not fair......to assume I must be praying, wishing, dreaming, etc. for some crazy RV just because I referenced several knowlegable members??

Now to your requests, please see below:

1) A link? Just go to the CBI website

2) A third party spreadsheet or something at a minimum to support my assertions??? The CBI spent over six digits (US$) for an independent audit to tell me & others what we need to know.....I'm sure you don't expect me to spend that type of $$$ to re-hash garbage???

3) Based on the CBI records along with all their inconsistent articles and statements, yes I have a hard time believing them........which perhaps is the same reason why the GOI is having a hard time with the dropping of the zeros (RD/LOP)......perhaps they also feel that the CBI is incompetent to give advice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1