Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tariff Law

Aqua Dude

The law of the First Amendment of the Law of the customs tariff number (22) for the year 2010

الخميس 24 تشرين الثاني 2011 Thursday November 24, 2011

بإسم الشعب Name of the people

رئاسة الجمهورية Presidency

بناء على ما أقره مجلس النواب استنادا إلى أحكام البند ( أولا ) من المادة ( 61 ) واستنادا إلى احكام البند ( ثالثا ) من المادة ( 73 ) من الدستور ، قرر رئيس الجمهورية Based on what passed the House on the basis of the provisions of item (I) of Article (61) and based on the provisions of item (iii) of Article (73) of the Constitution, the President of the Republic

إصدار القانون الآتي: Issued the following law:

رقم ( ) لسنة 2011 No. () for the year 2011

قانون Law

التعديل الاول لقانون التعرفة الكمركية رقم ( 22 ) لسنة 2010 The First Amendment of the Law of the customs tariff number (22) for the year 2010

المادة – 1 – Article 1 - -

يلغى نص المادة ( 11 ) من قانون التعرفة الكمركية رقم ( 22 ) لسنة 2010 ويحل محله ما يأتي: The text of Article (11) of the Law on customs tariff number (22) for the year 2010 and replaced by the following:

المادة – 11 – Article - 11 -

يحدد تاريخ نفاذ هذا القانون ببيان يصدر من مجلس الوزراء. Determines the effective date of this Act a statement issued by the Council of Ministers.

المادة – 2 – Article - 2 -

ينفذ هذا القانون اعتبارا من 30/6/2011. This law as of 30/6/2011.

الاسباب الموجبة The reasons

لغرض تاجيل تطبيق قانون التعرفة الكمركية في الوقت الحاضر والسماح لمجلس الوزراء بتحديد الوقت الملائم لتطبيقه وفقاً لمتطلبات الوضع الاقتصادي. For the purpose of postponing the implementation of the law of customs tariff at the present time and to allow the Council of Ministers determine the appropriate time to apply to and in accordance with the requirements of the economic situation.

شرع هذا القانون. Initiated this law.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.parliament.iq/&ei=Af3PTr2dDMaviQK8lfywBw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://parliament.iq/%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1182%26bih%3D877%26prmd%3Dimvns

• Upvote 17

"For the purpose of postponing the implementation of the law of customs tariff at the present time and to allow the Council of Ministers determine the appropriate time to apply to and in accordance with the requirements of the economic situation.

Doesn't this mean they postponed the tariff law? This would be better... going more towards a market economy - trading with other countries. :blink:

"For the purpose of postponing the implementation of the law of customs tariff at the present time and to allow the Council of Ministers determine the appropriate time to apply to and in accordance with the requirements of the economic situation.

Doesn't this mean they postponed the tariff law? This would be better... going more towards a market economy - trading with other countries. blink.gif

OregonHopeful I just reread and I think you are right... had a sinking feeling... then you put a Positive light on it, Thank You rolleyes.gif

guys i know this for Fact they MUST adjust the exchange rate according to their 2012 budget its coming dont worry about it we are close smile.gif they cannot do the same crap they did laast year to try to manage a budget in the middle of the year they have to implement the new budget in the beginning of the year that means the exchange rate wil be adjusted accordingly.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 10

guys i know this for Fact they MUST adjust the exchange rate according to their 2012 budget its coming dont worry about it we are close smile.gif they cannot do the same crap they did laast year to try to manage a budget in the middle of the year they have to implement the new budget in the beginning of the year that means the exchange rate wil be adjusted accordingly.

Thanks Easy... Knocked that Dejavue feeling right out of me

• Upvote 1

Can I quote you on that??? I remember last year.

• Upvote 1

Whatch you talkin about Willis!!! lol

How you know it to be fact???

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Doesn't this mean they postponed the tariff law? This would be better... going more towards a market economy - trading with other countries. :blink:

OregonHopeful I just reread and I think you are right... had a sinking feeling... then you put a Positive light on it, Thank You rolleyes.gif

no, its saying they postponed it(previously) to wait for the right time to implement it....then the last thing it says, initiated(enacted)

Edited by Aqua Dude
  • Upvote 2

The Tarrif Law was due to come into effect on 1st Jan 2011, it was then posponed until March 6th 2011, and then posponed indefinately.

Around about August time it was posted that it would become effective on 1st Dec 2011. I think all they have done is pospone it again.

I have to say that I think the 1st Dec would indicate we should have seen the RV in Nov so could be close. Probably too late for the law to come into force Dec, lets hope for Jan.

This law as of 30/6/2011. The reasons For the purpose of postponing the implementation of the law of customs tariff at the present time and to allow the Council of Ministers determine the appropriate time to apply to and in accordance with the requirements of the economic situation.

Initiated this law.

I'm going with Aqua on this.... it is clearly talking about the reason behind the delay of implementation of this law back in june 30 2011. And at the end of this law, it clearly states Initiated this law.

Great find Aqua, keep up the good work.

This law as of 30/6/2011. The reasons For the purpose of postponing the implementation of the law of customs tariff at the present time and to allow the Council of Ministers determine the appropriate time to apply to and in accordance with the requirements of the economic situation.

Initiated this law.

I'm going with Aqua on this.... it is clearly talking about the reason behind the delay of implementation of this law back in june 30 2011. And at the end of this law, it clearly states Initiated this law.

Great find Aqua, keep up the good work.

Bear in mind the article is quoting amendments, The date would be an amendment to the original date of the law which I think was in Jan or Feb 2010. It was certainly before the elections of March 2010.