Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Unbelievable...I Finally Got A Bank Story

TrinityeXchange

okay i never would have thought in a million years that i would get a bank story. i read these silly things all the time and typically brush them off like, "whatever". and now i get one. well not me directly, but my buddy who i have been helping to get on the isx. he calls me all excited saturday talking about, "man you're not going to believe this." he was at Bank (and i aint saying its name cuz folk here will go to blowing up their land line) and was opening up an account for his llc to use for trading on the isx. then he asked the representative, "by the way, do you all deal in foreign currency?" she told him "yes, what currency are you interested in." he goes, "the iraqi dinar". she says, "there has been quite the interest in the dinar, but i am currently not allowed to discuss it."

then he said it got crazy.

she starts pulling out all of these papers/brochures (if i understood him correctly) and started talking about opening up special accounts and so forth. she started elaborating on how to avoid certain fees by managing a certain amount in the corporate account while using personal accounts to transfer money from. (quite honestly i got lost in all of the translation) then she has some director guy come out and he introduces himself to my friend. its so funny cuz my friend was like, "dude this dude was all up in my grill shaking my hand and i felt like telling him to get off me LOL". he says they started treating him like a king and did everything but bring coffee and donuts. we were both dying laughing on the phone as he was telling me this. she give him her contact information yada yada and then he leaves.

he had to go back because he originally didn't have his ein number to complete his corporate banking account and made it back just before they closed. he ended being the last customer in the bank and when they got done he says that she unlocks the door to let him out of the bank and tells him, "mr. so&so, when the dinar rv's i will call you personally." shocked he tells her, "oh...okay thanks." and leaves.

we were both crying laughing cuz we finally got a bank story. well he got a bank story but i can live vicariously can't i. anyway i thought that was pretty cool.

go rv!

wow

• Upvote 1

cool story.. mayhaps the bank manager is invested and has told his staff to be ready.

't would be nice to have a REAL bank manager in here.

... would also be great if IQD RV'd before Christmas..

thanks. the event was cool and even cooler that it would happen to my close friend and investment partner. to be honest though i think there can be two interpretations of what she told him when letting him out of the bank. now i must warn you all that my friend sometimes gets upset with me because i am always on the .....cautious .... side of things; very conservative to put it mildly. when she said, "WHEN it rvs" my friend read it to mean that "the RV is going to happen". this could be true. but i am on the fence a bit cause it could have meant "if the RV happens" that she would call him. there is a major difference there, know what i mean? DANG! sometimes i hate that i am the way that i am. i so badly want to just jump all in at times and go "MAN SHE JUST ADMITTED THAT SHE KNOWS ITS GONNA RV!" but for the life of me i can never bring myself to that.

i definitely know that the representative knows SOMETHING about the dinar. and i do know that IF the thing rv's she definitely wants my buddies business. but to think that she was giving him a strong hint that the rv is going to happen by using the world WHEN.....well that is a stretch.

anybody with me on this or am i just one of those super conservative types? :( don't get me wrong, i still think the incident is the coolest and i was laughing as hard as he was, but something down on the inside of me was like..... perhaps.

• Upvote 3

I would think that 'playing safe' is good financial and emotional sense these days. I would also say that the bank person likely knows the RV WILL happen (as do we all).. but doesn't know when.

It's an encouraging story nonetheless and your excitement over it clearly shows!! Best of luck to you and your friend..

Hopefully we'll all be rich, in our own ways, soon enough. ;)

Edited by Padrev

I would also say that the bank person likely knows the RV WILL happen (as do we all).. but doesn't know when.

that right there makes perfect sense. as i re-read my post, i think i am nick picking. we all know this thing is going to rv without a doubt. there is simply too much investment opportunity in iraq and the united states has invested too much for it not to happen. and like you say, she probably knows the 'date' just as well as us. so, i feel you. your post cleared my cloud. thanks. :)

I must do business with the wrong banks. Anytime I ask about the IQD I get the 'deer in the headlights' look!

so true. when i was having my banker establish my wire transfer information, he had to pull up Investment Bank of Baghdad information and asked, "we aren't going to get in trouble for going to these sites are we?" i didn't give him the satisfaction of even answering such an ignorant question.

• Upvote 2

so true. when i was having my banker establish my wire transfer information, he had to pull up Investment Bank of Baghdad information and asked, "we aren't going to get in trouble for going to these sites are we?" i didn't give him the satisfaction of even answering such an ignorant question.

The closest 'bank story' I had was a few weeks ago I went into my wife's branch--she works at TD Bank and was BS'ing with her manager. He told me he was a Dinar holder for a few years but sold off. He said he got disenchanted with nothing happening and lost the faith. Then we discussed aliens and Area 51.

• Upvote 3

I must do business with the wrong banks. Anytime I ask about the IQD I get the 'deer in the headlights' look!

Aaahh BUT.......is it "deer in the headlights". .......because they haven't got a clue what you are talking about or is it "deer in the headlights".............oh my god he KNOWS about this kind of look ??? :D.