Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Can we go to Iraq to exchange IQD notes for smaller

Seabee

I know there a many smart people in this group and I would like to get a concensus. Could a person or a group of people fly to Iraq on their own and change their large notes at the for smaller ones? I know there must be rules and regs for flying with currency.

If the dealers here in this country want to play their games, I am prepared to fly to Iraq if it is legal and exchange my large bills. Call me crazy but it seems every step of the way there always seems to be a setback.

Or could one fly into Jordon which is a freindlier country and exchange ? If there are any ideas please clue me in. I have already bashed myself,LOL so I am ready for a serious reply.

Thanks

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

how would you transport your usd back to the states? that is the magic question. it has already been proven multiple times on this site that transporting dinar through airport security raises no alarms. the problem is when you come back, Customs will ask "are you bringing in more than $10k into the country?" and thats when things get harry.

If you opt to open a bank account there in the mid east, deposit your winfall, and then wire the money to the states, your wiring actions will trigger alarms and you might have some unexpected company soon after cool.gifcool.gif (men in black).

so what would be your strategy or the overall point of cashing in overseas? it would seem to me that adam's suggestion works best. create a ibc (off shore corporation) that has a bank account in belize. gift all of your dinar to that corporation TODAY before its value changes through a affidavit of gifting. fly to belize and deposit it into the ibc's account after the rv. thoughts?

• Upvote 1

I know there a many smart people in this group and I would like to get a concensus. Could a person or a group of people fly to Iraq on their own and change their large notes at the for smaller ones? I know there must be rules and regs for flying with currency.

If the dealers here in this country want to play their games, I am prepared to fly to Iraq if it is legal and exchange my large bills. Call me crazy but it seems every step of the way there always seems to be a setback.

Or could one fly into Jordon which is a freindlier country and exchange ? If there are any ideas please clue me in. I have already bashed myself,LOL so I am ready for a serious reply.

Thanks

Its all gonna depend on the rules they set.........if they shut off the outside world to having access to the smaller denoms then we are screwed, i dont think it will happen but its possible....they did it before.

Traveling with dinar in or out of country right now is restricted big time so it would be very hard to get your currency in.....regardless of a timeline being set or not....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks

Why?...........................has there been a redenomination?

What I am looking to do is take 6 million Dinar all in large bill and exchange into smaller bill and bring them back. I am aware of the rules of carrying large amounst of USD. The last time I went to Las Vegas I took $9,500 in cash and didn't have a problem. With the IQD worth what it is now there shouldn't be to many problems.

I am trying to determine if the bank will work with me and give me or exchange the notes. I hope this helps

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

are you talking about doing this before or after the Revalue....

i know you can claim up to a certain amount when you travel.....but as far as carrying anything outside of that or exceed the amount then could land you in jail....

dunno sounds as if you might just want to check into the warka account.....

and why wouldnt you just exchange them at the banks....cant you just request an exchange for notes at the bank?

Why?...........................has there been a redenomination?

I want to be prepared ahead of time should a small RV happen.

If Bush made it legal for Americans to by Dinar then why couldn't we travel to the coutry in question and make a buy or switch?

As long as you have the proper paperwork with cash in hand , there should not be a problem. About 3 years back I had ordered $17,000 worth in furniture and paid cash but had to take it out of my savings and checking. The paperwork can be inconveinent but it was all proper.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

After speaking to his Tax Attorney and Accountant (1 Hr. Free Consultation) DinarBot will exchange (in increments) all IQD for USD at USA bank or Currency Exchange. Why would DinarBot want new smaller IQD. Iraq can keep it all. High Five to All Humans.

Hmmmmm I am aware that Jordon next door deals in Dinar, purhaps I should look into that. I do know some people over there.

Thanks

If Jordan is dealing in IQD then that's half your battle...just have to figure out how to get it in and out of the US. I do wonder what the rule is on that....before it rv's. Interesting idea :)

are you talking about doing this before or after the Revalue....

i know you can claim up to a certain amount when you travel.....but as far as carrying anything outside of that or exceed the amount then could land you in jail....

dunno sounds as if you might just want to check into the warka account.....

and why wouldnt you just exchange them at the banks....cant you just request an exchange for notes at the bank?

Yes, I would like to do before an RV, my concern is getting it out of Iraq legaly.

I plan on taking a trip to UAE and am giving strong consideration of stopping to Iraq..I always play within the law.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Stay Home. Relax the DinarBot Way.

http://www.arabbank.com/en/newyork.aspx

Yes, I would like to do before an RV, my concern is getting it out of Iraq legaly.

I plan on taking a trip to UAE and am giving strong consideration of stopping to Iraq..I always play within the law.

Six million and if it RVs at a dime? It is hardly worth the risk and hassle for such a "nominal" amount. and you won't know what it RVs for since you want to do this before. I don't get why smaller notes are so important ... money is money ... and I would not, for that amount ... well for any amount ... go scooting off to Iraq. And into an Iraqi bank? Shivers up my spine. I would rather stay home and be alive and safe and not be worrying about cars stuffed with bombs or people with explosives in their turbans, thank you very much.

And I am not saying any of this without due concern as I am holding a like amount of dinar. It will all go to the bank with me when it RVs and I find out which bank here in Canada will do the exchange for me.

I think you might be overreacting here a tad ...

:)

smee2

I am a seasoned traveler and just like to make sure I have all my bases covered. I have found that if you sit and wait for something to happen and it turns out sour, then you end up in last place.

As a seasoned traveller you should know enough, I think, to consult with a travel consultant, or maybe the Iraqi consulate if there is one, or the American equivalent, to find the information you need ... not a bunch of people on a forum who are not professionals in the field. Hope you are not just looking for advice that fits in with what you want to do anyway. Some people do that and end up being disappointed and there you go they already have a built in excuse ... someone else told them so it isn't they're fault. Check with the professionals who know these things ... and that is my advice, not a criticizm. Good luck !!!

smee2

IMO having large or small denominations in the event of an RV will make no difference. Having large or small denominations in the event of a RD will make no difference either. In a RD they will issue a totally new IQD and you will have to exchange old (what we hold now) for the new and it won't matter the denomination. Seems like a very big risk to travel and carry that amount of currency. I have seen reports that customs agents in Iraq have confiscated large quantities and you end up with nothing. The next thing to consider is what do you do if it RV's while you are traveling? If it ends up at a value above $10,000 before you return then customs here would be all over you. Weigh the risks my friend. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Edited by speculatorsRIDE
  • Upvote 1

You're wanting smaller bills incase of a low RV? Or as insurance against an RD? Not sure how the "smaller"bills play into this.

This is in case of a low RV, not an RD. I am not looking foward to turning in all my large bills on the chance of a low RV if given a timeline of lke 90 days.. So the more low notes one has the better I will be as time goes on and when the exchange rate reaches 2, 3 dollars+ over the course of 3 or 4 year. I hope that explains it.

• Upvote 1

My daughter was just recently stationed to a base at the UAE for a year. I was hopefully going to use this as an opportunity to possibly make things work my favor. I appreciate everyones concern and it is highly valued. However someone mentioned earlier that I may not get the best answer on here, but the best answer given so far on this post was to check with the Consolate (spelling). Also checking with the Embassy is a good idea.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

You could go to Iraq , send back to yourself through fed-x or dhl... I'm just confused why, smaller bills will be worth .05,.25, .50 etc .. If they lift 3 zeros off , unless your exchanging old for new, which is who knows when & I hope they don't take any zeros off.. Especially if there only 4 trillion in circulation.. I would stay home & wait to see what Adam advices or open acct at warka bank while your there.. IMO

I think Seabee wants smaller notes because Adams' thesis stated that we may possibly have to cash in our high demons at a low price within a short time frame and if we have low denoms instead of high ones we can keep those and ride the wave for the jackpot. Would this be correct Seabee?

Im with you. Im also seasoned traveler and not afraid to go to Iraq:)

Lets find out if this scenario is possible: If CBI calls in our high denoms at a low RV and we have small window of opportunity to cash in, why could we not open a currency account with a broker once it RV's. Once our deposit is made with the currency broker it is in electronic form and and that way let the broker deal with the high denom issue? Would this work? I saw this potential scenario someone on DV earlier today.

• Upvote 1

I am a seasoned traveler and just like to make sure I have all my bases covered. I have found that if you sit and wait for something to happen and it turns out sour, then you end up in last place.

Seabee1972 - You are legally allowed to travel with $10,000 USD or less without declaring anything.

So if you travel with 10 Million Dinars or less you are fine.