Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Can we go to Iraq to exchange IQD notes for smaller

Seabee

are you talking about doing this before or after the Revalue....

i know you can claim up to a certain amount when you travel.....but as far as carrying anything outside of that or exceed the amount then could land you in jail....

dunno sounds as if you might just want to check into the warka account.....

and why wouldnt you just exchange them at the banks....cant you just request an exchange for notes at the bank?

I don't believe there is anything illegal about travelign in or out of the country with over 10k or equivalent its just that you have to declare it.

Anyone who has been to Iraq will tell you.

Getting Dinar into Iraq - no problem.

Getting Dinar out - against the law.

They will confiscate it and wish you a happy flight.

Only way is to go to a US base and mail it out in cards/letters.

It is also prohibited by the US Army but they do not screen the mail for $$$$$$.

I think Seabee wants smaller notes because Adams' thesis stated that we may possibly have to cash in our high demons at a low price within a short time frame and if we have low denoms instead of high ones we can keep those and ride the wave for the jackpot. Would this be correct Seabee?

Im with you. Im also seasoned traveler and not afraid to go to Iraq:)

Lets find out if this scenario is possible: If CBI calls in our high denoms at a low RV and we have small window of opportunity to cash in, why could we not open a currency account with a broker once it RV's. Once our deposit is made with the currency broker it is in electronic form and and that way let the broker deal with the high denom issue? Would this work? I saw this potential scenario someone on DV earlier today.

You are exactly correct with your thought. IAs I said I have a trip planned the UAE where my daughter is stationed with one of the US Services. If I can legaly do this, then it shall be done. However, I have intentions of of also contacting the CBI.

• Upvote 1

A serious reply?

You have got to be kidding!

Nobody is going to fly to IRAQ to cash in!

Do you have any security?

Do you know the customs or know the lay of the land?

Are you posting this crap just to post?

I have no intention of tipping my hat to everyone who thinks I might be local. As I said I am former military and BTW I will be having someone tag along with security training. Let me put it this way , no idiot flies into Iraq at this point without knowing what he will be getting involved with.

• Upvote 1

You are exactly correct with your thought. IAs I said I have a trip planned the UAE where my daughter is stationed with one of the US Services. If I can legaly do this, then it shall be done. However, I have intentions of of also contacting the CBI.

You would probably be better off trying to contact one of their local banks (Warka, Bank of Baghdad, etc) rather than the CBI. The CBI is most likely just like our Federal Reserve in the sense that they do not deal with the general public.

IMO opinion i would wait because if you did make it through customs and went to a Bank in Baghdad and told them you wanted to exchange for smaller notes? I do not think that would be wise sir, they can come up with any excuse confiscate your Dinars, toss you in jail downtown. You would be out of 6 million dinars and possiby your life. IMO i would not chance that sir.