Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Post from a security Guard in Iraq

sweet C

LOL! :lol: We have no choice, it is the inevitable result of a life well lived. I like being 'old', cranky, tempramental and overall just annoyed with youth, it seems to be the only way to get their attention and when they least expect it I sneak in an old saw repleat with a moral/ethical challenge and consequence. They might think I'm grumpy but they keep coming back for more - or maybe it's my beer, I dunno, I forget... I just hope they don't find out about my Dinars...

Enjoy your weekend and give thanks to Mr. Columbus B)

You have no choice? I recall hearing certain phrases, whether it has been on television, in movies, in books, or even spoken in my presence that start similar to this "When I was your age, we didn't have <insert whatever here>." Now what they may not have had could be an endless amount of things such as computers, internet, iPods, etc. Guess what? They're right, they didn't have those things. But I wouldn't doubt they heard that same phrase when they were younger themselves. In my own theory, older generations are more grumpy and temper mental because they do not have the ability to adjust to change as they resent it. How many of us at work hate when they implement new policies or strategies that affect our jobs? Businesses actually prefer people who adjust to changes with ease. Younger generations provide that, as we live in a civilization now that is constantly changing. We see new trends, new technology, and new styles. So as future generations grow older, they may not be saying "When I was your age we didn't have <insert whatever here<", they will likely have it and use it than. :) Which means they won't be so grumpy or temper mental :P

I still laugh at the extra ridicule of incorrect grammar, spelling, or punctuation. For people who use programs like Mozilla Firefox, they have built in spell-checks. Some of them even have other tools to help make sure your using correct grammar. So if your saying you give someone more credibility because they know how to spell, you may be sadly mistaken as they may have had to edit their own input several times as they continuously misspelled words over and over.

This is the rumors section. Can we really believe the guy is providing solid information? Maybe, but we have no way to confirm or deny. We take that information, process it the way we wish, and move on. Time will tell in this adventure :)

Grammar Nazis.... Everywhere!! It's attack of the spelling bees...

Does anyone stop & think, maybe this was posted from a cell phone? This was posted on FB, afterall.

Do you expect your text messages to have perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation?

Some people find anything to complain about...

Actually, yes G-D it! I do expect that if you want to be treated like anything but an imbecile, you will take the time required to communicate using good grammar and at least passable spelling that looks like you took the time to read it yourself once. If a bunch of looser Millennials want to pretend that their little texter shorthand is a substitute for English, they will eventually pay the price. For the rest, its either laziness or ignorance and neither is an excuse. Communication is a tool and if used badly, creates a mess instead of a masterpiece.

• Upvote 2

I still laugh at the extra ridicule of incorrect grammar, spelling, or punctuation. For people who use programs like Mozilla Firefox, they have built in spell-checks. Some of them even have other tools to help make sure your using correct grammar. So if your saying you give someone more credibility because they know how to spell, you may be sadly mistaken as they may have had to edit their own input several times as they continuously misspelled words over and over.

I'll say it again, as I have in other threads... it's a matter of personal pride and values. I commend anyone that takes the time and effort to review their communication prior to committing it. Isn't that the way we learn, adapt and evolve... at any age? Why is that a bad thing? It probably takes more time to re-post a correction for clarity than it does to carefully present it the first time.

Faster is not necessarily better. Quality over quantity. The process is as important as the destination, or results. Slow down... to speed up. All valid to those who care. For those that don't... fine... but many, many care. Grammar matters!

The same applies to math. Some care "how" a math problem is solved... not just that a calculator has provided them the answer! :)

See..... I checked, and edited!!! :P

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 1

Grammar Nazis.... Everywhere!! It's attack of the spelling bees...

Does anyone stop & think, maybe this was posted from a cell phone? This was posted on FB, afterall.

Do you expect your text messages to have perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation?

Some people find anything to complain about...

I proofread everything I send out on my phone

Actually most of Triple Canopy's guards are from Uganda. They get about a dozen of them for what one expat would cost. Torres, SOC and many others have started doing the same thing. Most of the time they only serve in static posts where they do nothing but check IDs. I have worked with Triple Canopy a time or two and will be the first to say that they have some well trained people as well. As far as the "Cocain Cartel Gorillas" you spoke of, you might want to email Bill Culpepper (PMP) as ask about screening requirements to work for TC.

Roadrunner

You are swinging a wide loop with a statement like that. I would be more than happy to match IQs with you, (or paychecks for that matter)

Roadrunner

Your paycheck is my expense account. I've been at this for 30 yrs and I earn every penny of it.

When your job is to Kick Ass and take names YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO SPELL THERE NAME RIGHT

some of you people

Not every body in the world sits in there house practicing how to spell every day some of us have real jobs.......................

I've been in the profession of arms for 20 years....you better know how to write. At least a little,anyway.

Your paycheck is my expense account. I've been at this for 30 yrs and I earn every penny of it.

Congradulations sir,

I am happy you are doing so well as a security advisor. As President of Pergrine, I have an average of 70 agents in the field at any given time. We are small but growing. I can only aspire to reach your level of success.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtchambers

Roadrunner

• Upvote 3

Adam,

You probably won't read this topic but just in case this get to your eyes... I just wanted to tell you that this is one of the reasons I stay away from this site, your site is well known for bashing and disrespect to other sites and opinions, however, bashing someone because don't know how to spell is way off the charts. this is a shame because I truly have respect for you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Angler.

Edited by Angler
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for posting what you found. At least it is on the positive side.

Thanks Visitor.....although it was taken over by ego maniacs who only wanted to attack his spelling. I rarely post anything on here because the ones who NEVER have anything to add are the biggest critics and complainers. People post in hopes of getting feedback ONLY on the topic of dinar but that is usually drowned out by negativity!

• Upvote 2

Re spelling of the original post ... I suspect this poster does not do a lot of full word typing ... if anything it would be texting, with all the short forms and crunched up words with the vowels removed. You understood what he was saying ... right? It is just an insult to our sensibilities that it is not in "our" language. But a texter would be amazed at the number of words he did spell out.

Just sayin' ... as the saying goes here.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

Congradulations sir,

I am happy you are doing so well as a security advisor. As President of Pergrine, I have an average of 70 agents in the field at any given time. We are small but growing. I can only aspire to reach your level of success.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtchambers

Roadrunner

I stand corrected Mr. Chambers, I believe our expense accounts could be pretty close. Keep your head down.

.in the stores over ther they still use the usa $$ ...

I'm interested in this part of the post. What can be made of it? This may be a legit statement, regardless of the teenage texting attributes. With talk of the 25K IQD notes being an issue, if those notes are not in great use and USdollars are prevalent for easier exchange and commerce, would that make any impact on anyones thought process on RV/RD/RI???? Example: a USD $20 bill is equivalent to IQD23,400 ($20 x 1170= 23,400).

Mak63

The fact that they have been and still are using the US Dollar for everyday transactions is significant. They need to RV their currency. This will promote pride and stimulate growth. If they get their citizens using the IQD then all those US Dollars currently used can be traded in for IQD in country. Keep in mind that there were plane loads of US cash distributed in Iraq. All those US Dollars will be added to their foreign reserves when they get traded in. I believe the figure was 400 billion US Dollars we put into circulation over there. That money added to the foreign reserves will go a long way in supporting their RV. btw this would be what is termed de-dollarization. Increase the value of the IQD to a point that the citizens have faith and pride in their own currency and will use it in daily transactions. This is exactly what we need to happen and so do they.

• Upvote 1