Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Post from a security Guard in Iraq

sweet C

You read all that and all you took away from it was how our youth is falling apart?

Okay, lets say that the information posted on the DD FB site is legit.

Your criticizing someone who works in a dangerous region to help keep us safe here on soil.

Your criticizing someone who is offering information as they have been in that region or are returning to it.

You also do realize that it may have been posted by a cell phone? Look at the length of the text... Do you know how long it would take to type that up from a cell phone?

Is this what our older generations have become? Old, bitter, finicky, and looking for anything to complain about?

Darin, that is where it starts. Cell phone, email, handwritten, who cares. It is broken English and destroys all credibility of the message. Yeah he/she may be doing all those things that you pointed out, I for one don't take any stock in what someone posts on a RUMORS forum as to what they do, where they have been, or where they are going. Sure this person may have been in the Green Zone, have a girlfriend back there (yeah right, not an Iraqi), and may quite possibly be going back. All of that means nothing when you cannot convey a simple story in plain English.

My point Darin, and fellow DV's is this, if you cannot communicate in the NATIONAL LANGUAGE of the USA, perhaps you should educate yourself, instead of making the rest of us conform to your needs or inability to learn a very simple concept. If you wish to be taken seriously in life, don't come off as a moron. And yes, I am a grammar Nazi, disgusts me to see someone butcher my country's language. The message is clear as mud, I made my way through it and it is his/her opinion of what could happen.

Edited by GhostDawg
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Darin, that is where it starts. Cell phone, email, handwritten, who cares. It is broken English and destroys all credibility of the message. Yeah he/she may be doing all those things that you pointed out, I for one don't take any stock in what someone posts on a RUMORS forum as to what they do, where they have been, or where they are going. Sure this person may have been in the Green Zone, have a girlfriend back there (yeah right, not an Iraqi), and may quite possibly be going back. All of that means nothing when you cannot convey a simple story in plain English.

My point Darin, and fellow DV's is this, if you cannot communicate in the NATIONAL LANGUAGE of the USA, perhaps you should educate yourself, instead of making the rest of us conform to your needs or inability to learn a very simple concept. If you wish to be taken seriously in life, don't come off as a moron. And yes, I am a grammar Nazi, disgusts me to see someone butcher my country's language. The message is clear as mud, I made my way through it and it is his/her opinion of what could happen.

Ditto! I typed my quote from a cell phone! I hire as many vets as I can find. But, they have to be able to communicate in English. I speak Russian, Ukrainian, and Spanish, all spoken with correct grammar. I will not respond to a text or email from my daughters unless it is spelled and written correctly. Otherwords, if they want money then they need to ask in the correct manner! Not punks** gibberish!!
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

He made a few more replies on the FB status that revealed he was an older gentleman with two adult sons. One in the army and one not. I won't post his replies because it seems this thread has went south fast. So his opinion would be drowned out with the spell police.....

• Upvote 1

Larry (removed last name), Man !!! I cant beleave all the dinar sites .i just got home from tht hell hole .i work for a security companie over ther..was in iraq for 2 yrs .i want to tell u all something this dinar will rv but not too soon as I see it .beleave me I was right in the middle of it .i was even staying in the green zone .tht is the safest place for men and women like me tht do our kind of job .in the stores over ther they still use the usa $$ ..not to much of the dinar.i have a girlfriend over ther .when we watch tv .the news she would tell me everthing tht was said .i speack some of the lang but not to much just anough to get my job done..anway things move slow over in iraq .im in the states for 2 weeks .than im going back .now I see all the dinar sites ill try to let everone know whts up .my sister showed me all of this .she told me not to put anything on the sites tht r saying things r not looking good for the dinar .tht people go crazy and call people names when thay say not things r going on with the dinar .lol.lol.well I say the truth .it will happen but not soon ..after first of the yr 2012...im allmost 100% in tht..good luck too us all .pray thts all we can do .and maybe oneday the good old USA will be one if the strongest againe...so long .......

13 minutes ago 

Ok this guy can't even speak english let alone write it. I guess you don't have to be to smart to be a security guard.

• Upvote 1

There are many studies that show English speaking people can read almost everything even if most of the words are spelled incorrectly. I usually don't pay much attention to my spelling on here because I type so fast can't help but make errors.

Does spelling mean anything if the info being offered is not from Adam?

• Upvote 2

Grammar Nazis.... Everywhere!! It's attack of the spelling bees...

Does anyone stop & think, maybe this was posted from a cell phone? This was posted on FB, afterall.

Do you expect your text messages to have perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation?

Some people find anything to complain about...

Point taken but highly unlikely - I use Dragon speech recognition and it's pretty accurate - most programs use similar software. I think what people are really pointing out, when referring to spelling/grammar etc., is the credibility factor. When words like "beleave" and terms like "Swiss Codes" are used, bells and whistles go off as to the validity of the source - it truly looks like a Primary school child has logged on to his parent's DV account and made the whole thing up for a good laugh ;) JMO

We're to get foreign monetary advice from someone that can barely read and write?

When your job is to Kick Ass and take names YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO SPELL THERE NAME RIGHT

some of you people

Not every body in the world sits in there house practicing how to spell every day some of us have real jobs.......................

• Upvote 1

2012 is cool for me 2...The last of my dinar will be long term after Thanksgiving, if Capital Gains are gonna be the factor

Yes. I can wait for this until after the 2012 elections. I can see obvious benefits for this happening under a different administration. Geaux GOP!!!! Geaux LSU!!!!<br>

Different Administration????...It was suppose to happen in 2008 when another administration was involved and Bush was supposed to ride off into the sunset as one of Americans fav presidents after it RVed

• Upvote 3

There are many studies that show English speaking people can read almost everything even if most of the words are spelled incorrectly. I usually don't pay much attention to my spelling on here because I type so fast can't help but make errors.

Does spelling mean anything if the info being offered is not from Adam?

Dr Clark you are right We can read just about all languages that use ( ISO latin )

We should make him a GURU! I actually understood more from him than these Professional Guru's we have. He was staight forward and didn't have to consult anyone else or check his contact in BFE ( could help myself) or any of those other tricks they pull.

I nominate Guru Larry! Anyone Second that?

• Upvote 1

If you speak a little Iraq then perhaps you should study more on the english language or the american first

This OP was like a kid in primery school on its first day

sow sowy iv i upsety peeeps wid this dint men 2 arm any gr8t m8ts ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When your job is to Kick Ass and take names YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO SPELL THERE NAME RIGHT

some of you people

Not every body in the world sits in there house practicing how to spell every day some of us have real jobs.......................

Umm it's spell "their" name right ... Now how mad are you at me ... LOL

Heinz, that's Larry, Moe, and Curly, get it right. Thanks Larry and be careful over there. Ware your vest.

Roger that LOL

Well Sweet C

Could be Triple Canopy, they have alot of security detail in the Green Zone and those d%$ebags hired a bunch of ex Cocain Cartel gorrillas from Chile and Peru.

That could explain the broken english, I had enough run ins with those @#$ holes in the past.

Actually most of Triple Canopy's guards are from Uganda. They get about a dozen of them for what one expat would cost. Torres, SOC and many others have started doing the same thing. Most of the time they only serve in static posts where they do nothing but check IDs. I have worked with Triple Canopy a time or two and will be the first to say that they have some well trained people as well. As far as the "Cocain Cartel Gorillas" you spoke of, you might want to email Bill Culpepper (PMP) as ask about screening requirements to work for TC.

Roadrunner

Ok this guy can't even speak english let alone write it. I guess you don't have to be to smart to be a security guard.

You are swinging a wide loop with a statement like that. I would be more than happy to match IQs with you, (or paychecks for that matter)

Roadrunner

• Upvote 3

We're to get foreign monetary advice from someone that can barely read and write?

I agree. I normally do care if spelling and grammer is off a small amount if someone is not claiming to be a U.S. citizen but this post sound like it is suppose to me from an American. This post is B.S. It was probably written by a pumper.

Roadrunner,

I hope that you are not trying to defend the integrety of triple canopy? Regardless, I am very familiar with the Ugandans and S.O.C. and they are all great People.

Not sure how it all goes down in the Green Zone since my transfer in 2007 , but shortly after 2005 after the Gurkans got pushed out ,Triple Canopy weaseled there way into doing security for the embassy and other locations.

That is when we all got introduced to our south american friends, who on daily basis harrased american contractors and treated our iraqi co workers less than human. Yeah , yeah they all have jobs to do , but there is a limit in searching people with pat downs and then treating a human being like a animal and when I spoke up, they cocked their AKS and pointed it at me .

That is great behavior for security guards for a unarmed american at a United States Embassy, love it , just loved it...

And as far as Ex Cocain Cartel Gorillas, not only was I warned by own Leadership at my company that they were , but there so called latino pride always led them to run their mouth that they were.

So regardless of how it is now , It is how it was ,maybe that is why they got wise and hired SOC.

But back then Triple Canopy made Black Water look good .

That is FACT, sir

Is this what our older generations have become? Old, bitter, finicky, and looking for anything to complain about?

LOL! :lol: We have no choice, it is the inevitable result of a life well lived. I like being 'old', cranky, tempramental and overall just annoyed with youth, it seems to be the only way to get their attention and when they least expect it I sneak in an old saw repleat with a moral/ethical challenge and consequence. They might think I'm grumpy but they keep coming back for more - or maybe it's my beer, I dunno, I forget... I just hope they don't find out about my Dinars...

Enjoy your weekend and give thanks to Mr. Columbus B)

• Upvote 1

some of you people

But those of us who have real jobs graduated from school and most of us from college. I myself live in and work in Jordan 6 to 7 months out of the year as a security adviser, and yes I can spell.