Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sonny1 where do you think we are on this thing Rving?

gta1218

In 2004 They exchanged 150 Swiss Dinars for 1 of the Dinars we use now....

As for the RV before RD thing, i think the ONLY way that is possible would be a RV to say 1000-1, then when they RD/LOP they end up with a straight 1-1 exchange rate....Really any RV higher then that and they end up at an unsubstantial rate that will bankrupt the country

In 2004, they exchanged Old IQD for New IQD at one-to-one.

They did it for a couple reason(s)

1... To remove the face of the former regime, help the people feel liberated

2... The old IQD did not have enough denominations to make it a useful currency

3... The Swiss Dinar was exchanged at 150:1 because it held a higher value and was recognized.

So, they printed a new currency.

They printed it for a purpose of issuing new denominations

Hmm.. Sounds like a re-denomination to me.

The future of the IQD is likely great dependent upon how that region unfolds.

The N. America has the USD

Europe has the Euro

And the M.E. could soon have the IQD...

Creating additional & future demand for the IQD will appreciate the value. It just needs to be internationally recognized.

• Upvote 2

In 2004, they exchanged Old IQD for New IQD at one-to-one.

They did it for a couple reason(s)

1... To remove the face of the former regime, help the people feel liberated

2... The old IQD did not have enough denominations to make it a useful currency

3... The Swiss Dinar was exchanged at 150:1 because it held a higher value and was recognized.

So, they printed a new currency.

They printed it for a purpose of issuing new denominations

Hmm.. Sounds like a re-denomination to me.

The future of the IQD is likely great dependent upon how that region unfolds.

The N. America has the USD

Europe has the Euro

And the M.E. could soon have the IQD...

Creating additional & future demand for the IQD will appreciate the value. It just needs to be internationally recognized.

I still dont see that as being a true redenomination under its definitions......the majority of all the IDQ was a one to one...the swiss was exchanged as a ratio other then 1 to 1 and it was mostly from the kurdish region, but it was opposite of what you would find happening in a redenomination. Adding denominations is simply just that, I just cant see what happened in 2004 being classified as a redenomination...it just doesnt fit the definition and what occurs during a RD process....

Add to the Fact that the CBI Law requires a 1 to 1 exchange, old currency for new currency.

No it does not. It says the CBI can demand one currency be redeemed for an "equivalent" amount of new banknotes. So a 1000:1 (or 100:1 if we were astronomically lucky) RD is fully allowed. Edited by xyzzy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I still dont see that as being a true redenomination under its definitions......the majority of all the IDQ was a one to one...the swiss was exchanged as a ratio other then 1 to 1 and it was mostly from the kurdish region, but it was opposite of what you would find happening in a redenomination. Adding denominations is simply just that, I just cant see what happened in 2004 being classified as a redenomination...it just doesnt fit the definition and what occurs during a RD process....

I guess it depends on how you look at the definition of RD... But, for most people, when they see RD they should believe LOP as it has been the common solution to expanded money supplies.

However, a R/V could still occur prior to a R/D.

Which was one of the arguments I was trying to prove:

An example?

Hybrid scenarios:

Maybe they R/V to $0.01 & remove two zeros or R/V to $0.10 and remove one zero.

They could R/V prior than release the new currency. Completely possible to play that scenario out.

Some will argue the #s/figures wouldn't support it.

• Upvote 2

I guess it depends on how you look at the definition of RD... But, for most people, when they see RD they should believe LOP as it has been the common solution to expanded money supplies.

An example?

Hybrid scenarios:

They could R/V prior than release the new currency. Completely possible to play that scenario out.

The problem is both of these scenario's go against ALL of the facts that are currently available, Its like say, They Could RV to $100,000,000 per dinar and RD/LOP 100 zeros'....Sure these are both numbers and the sentence is written in english, but according to every single fact available, they're NOT going to do that....

What they've said is they are going to RD/LOP THREE ZERO's....That is one of the only facts we have to deal with....If discussing a RV before a RD, please put it in a context that is based on the facts

What could they RV to if done BEFORE a THREE ZERO RD/LOP?

An example?

Hybrid scenarios:

At RV to $0.01 would mean the smallest note (a 50) would be worth 50 cents since they don't have coins in circulation. An RV to $0.10 puts the smallest note at $5 . Neither case seems likely. So lower denominations (or coins) have to be available somehow concurrently with or before an RV even to $0.01 . I can't see doing an RD at 10:1 as it doesn't really solve that much. Changing a 25k note into 2,500 isn't exactly deleting the 000's . A 100:1 RD might still be possible, but the 1000:1 seems far more likely. If they RV to $0.001 then a 50 becomes a nickel which is a lot more workable than 50 cents or 5 dollars as the minimum increment. Alas that would only be a 16% gain for most of us. Edited by xyzzy

Umbertino - Italian for Pastry Cart

Umbertino - Very Much Male, but is Italian, He's just waiting for the RV b4 tearing up the Dating Scene

Thanks DT.... I take that as an appreciation note on your part......Smile.....

I always thought I was a male..............................uh thats a different story for a different time,disregard please

Does it matter?

No it does not, at least to me.. I was just answering another post.

To me they're all fair Folks... Female, Male and third sex (gender).

Carrello - Italian for cart

Carrello - Very Much Female, but not Italian, nor a cart

Carrello... Exactly...... and I wanted to inquire about the choice of that name for a long time now....Maybe some romantic story is the origin of that.....

Umbertino, other than loving Italy and the language, the story is not romantic, but a business decision. My company manufactures golf cart sun covers - Carrello Covers. Friends and I were sitting around one night, drinking vino and throwing around names, and came up with Carrello. The product is as unique and wonderful as Italy, and that is about as close I can get to romance.

Thanks for explaining that. It's appreciated.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

The problem is both of these scenario's go against ALL of the facts that are currently available, Its like say, They Could RV to $100,000,000 per dinar and RD/LOP 100 zeros'....Sure these are both numbers and the sentence is written in english, but according to every single fact available, they're NOT going to do that....

What they've said is they are going to RD/LOP THREE ZERO's....That is one of the only facts we have to deal with....If discussing a RV before a RD, please put it in a context that is based on the facts

What could they RV to if done BEFORE a THREE ZERO RD/LOP?

At RV to $0.01 would mean the smallest note (a 50) would be worth 50 cents since they don't have coins in circulation. An RV to $0.10 puts the smallest note at $5 . Neither case seems likely. So lower denominations (or coins) have to be available somehow concurrently with or before an RV even to $0.01 . I can't see doing an RD at 10:1 as it doesn't really solve that much. Changing a 25k note into 2,500 isn't exactly deleting the 000's . A 100:1 RD might still be possible, but the 1000:1 seems far more likely. If they RV to $0.001 then a 50 becomes a nickel which is a lot more workable than 50 cents or 5 dollars as the minimum increment. Alas that would only be a 16% gain for most of us.

We don't know what they could R/V up to, we are only speculating.

You guys are taking the timing on this so literal, and taking most of everyone elses context out of context.

When people are saying Go R/V than R/D - they're seeing it as Re-value prior to release of lower denominations.

Granted for this to be affective, it would need to be simultaneously. (Same-day release)

However, a R/D than R/V means they did a LOP than adjusted the rate.

Now, if all you fully believe in is a 1000:1 RD (LOP) value-neutral event.... I would suggest selling off now, because at least you can recoup some of your losses.

Why? Simple: Upon a re-denomination, they will likely continue to maintain the pegged rate to prevent confusion. They would run the two currencies together as pull the old notes from circulatoin.

Now, upon the completion of the entire process, the CBI would re-asses what they're liable against and adjust accordingly.

So, if 25% of old IQD never gets exchanged because people were too stubborn & held hoping for a rate adjustment.... The CBI can appreciate the value by 25% if they wish..

Because that 25% that never made it back to the CBI in time, is no invalid.

The speculative holders are now stuck with wall paper, and the CBI has less liabilities.

So, for those that hold 000 notes, your holding the currency in the wrong form.

Oh but wait, your still here? Well you likely believe or hope like most of us that this play(s) out differently where we benefit. :)

Jus say'n

• Upvote 4

Now, upon the completion of the entire process, the CBI would re-asses what they're liable against and adjust accordingly.

So, if 25% of old IQD never gets exchanged because people were too stubborn & held hoping for a rate adjustment.... The CBI can appreciate the value by 25% if they wish..

My Dinar is in Warka and the ISX, so that 25% Appreciation/gain would be HUGE for me! I don't believe it'll be that much

30 trillion dinar before RD/LOP 30 Billion Reserves....exchange rate .00086 = 20 million Dinar = $17,094.02

-Minus three Zeros AND 25%-

22.5 Billion dinars....30 Billion Reserves = Exchange rate (Around) $1.33 = 20,000 Dinar = $26,600

Percentage of Gain(not bringing up Interest rate increases and Stock Paid up Shares, Splits): 55.61%

Really, Find me ANY, ANY other investment with that kind of gain

Edited by donnydoright

We don't know what they could R/V up to, we are only speculating.

You guys are taking the timing on this so literal, and taking most of everyone elses context out of context.

When people are saying Go R/V than R/D - they're seeing it as Re-value prior to release of lower denominations.

Granted for this to be affective, it would need to be simultaneously. (Same-day release)

Releasing lower denominations in the existing currency is not an RD, its just new lower denominations. Why confuse things by misusing the term?

However, a R/D than R/V means they did a LOP than adjusted the rate.

Now, if all you fully believe in is a 1000:1 RD (LOP) value-neutral event.... I would suggest selling off now, because at least you can recoup some of your losses.

Why? Simple: Upon a re-denomination, they will likely continue to maintain the pegged rate to prevent confusion. They would run the two currencies together as pull the old notes from circulatoin.

Because that 25% that never made it back to the CBI in time, is no invalid.

The speculative holders are now stuck with wall paper, and the CBI has less liabilities.

So, for those that hold 000 notes, your holding the currency in the wrong form.

Its not clear what the time limit will be. It is likely to be pretty long, maybe even forever. Waiting for a year or two for the main RD activity to be over would be a long wait to bump the rate up a little to help control inflation so I don't think they will wait that long for a small RV, and a small RV is all I think will occur.
  • Upvote 1

Sonny1,

I like most of the other people on DV respect what you have to say about this whole investment. Please do not let the negative people who bash you keep you away. Im sure like me there are a lot of people on here who miss what your thoughts were on this thing. With that being said I have a question for you.

Where do you think we are on this investment? Any time frames on this thing Rving or rates you might be thinking it will come in around? Also have you heard anything about the Shabaab (or how ever you spell his name) telling the people of Iraq the he was going to RV the money soon?

Thanks

His name is Sinan Shabibi, Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq. Suggest you worry less about what Sonny1 thinks, as it is most likely conjecture....like most of us, and monitor the Central Bank site (cbi.iq). When it changes there, it will be official, and you will know the CBI rate for sure. Just sayin.....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

His name is Sinan Shabibi, Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq. Suggest you worry less about what Sonny1 thinks, as it is most likely conjecture....like most of us, and monitor the Central Bank site (cbi.iq). When it changes there, it will be official, and you will know the CBI rate for sure. Just sayin.....

correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember reading something about cbi.iq not being the "official" site. Anyone?

correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember reading something about cbi.iq not being the "official" site. Anyone?

You're wrong

Interesting Note: 90% of members here can name 3-5 different Guru's.....Only about 30% can Spell Shabibi or Maliki

Edited by donnydoright
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Donny why is it that you have nothing positive to say about any ones posts. All you do when you are posting is boast about what an incredible person you are or how screwed up someones thinking is here. There was an old Mac Davis song about being Humble you probably have never heard it because it was popular when your parents were in high school...but it reminds me of you. Your facade here is growing quite boring to listen to. Out of appx. 10 post a day you would think someone could post something alittle more positive. Iam not here to hear about how important one thinks they are in their own eyes but to learn alittle about the investment/gamble I made with my Dinar and I find all other contributors here helpful and insightful. So my advice to you ,if you care to hear it, is quit trying to impress us and quit trying to put everyone down and try contributing something positive here. I know you probably will have a hard time taking this advice coming from a lowly Cabinet Installer but I believe I speak for many here. Thank you .....Chris.....

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

Donny why is it that you have nothing positive to say about any ones posts. All you do when you are posting is boast about what an incredible person you are or how screwed up someones thinking is here. There was an old Mac Davis song about being Humble you probably have never heard it because it was popular when your parents were in high school...but it reminds me of you. Your facade here is growing quite boring to listen to. Out of appx. 10 post a day you would think someone could post something alittle more positive. Iam not here to hear about how important one thinks they are in their own eyes but to learn alittle about the investment/gamble I made with my Dinar and I find all other contributors here helpful and insightful. So my advice to you ,if you care to hear it, is quit trying to impress us and quit trying to put everyone down and try contributing something positive here. I know you probably will have a hard time taking this advice coming from a lowly Cabinet Installer but I believe I speak for many here. Thank you .....Chris.....

Hey Chris............... I'll bet I could use YOUR services a LOT more than Donny's. Need my kitchen redone ASAP :lol:

• Upvote 1

No it does not. It says the CBI can demand one currency be redeemed for an "equivalent" amount of new banknotes. So a 1000:1 (or 100:1 if we were astronomically lucky) RD is fully allowed.

You have to be kidding me???? No, you just didn't pull a Bill Clintion and try to tell me it all depends on the definition of "is"???? Equivalent Amount means X Amount of Dinar for X Amount of Dinar, where X=X, ie 1:1.

-

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You have to be kidding me???? No, you just didn't pull a Bill Clintion and try to tell me it all depends on the definition of "is"???? Equivalent Amount means X Amount of Dinar for X Amount of Dinar, where X=X, ie 1:1.

-

YUCK........... I always hated algebra. I'm sorry, but any time you have more letters than numbers, it's not math, it's spelling!

• Upvote 2

Touche' Chris.

Donny, you have let us know that Mayor Bloomberg and Jamie Dimon are your friends, and that you play poker with Bill Gates. What the hell are you doing here on a Friday night?

You need to leave. Your sommelier is waiting for you.....

• Upvote 5

Touche' Chris.

Donny, you have let us know that Mayor Bloomberg and Jamie Dimon are your friends, and that you play poker with Bill Gates. What the hell are you doing here on a Friday night?

You need to leave. Your sommelier is waiting for you.....

Ya'll leave him alone, mommy wants him to be inside when the street lights are on.