Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Chap7 Release?

DaveH

23 September 2011 – Iraq is striving to build a democratic State anchored in peace and the rule of law, with all communities living in harmony, irrespective of their sectarian, ethnic or factional affiliation, the country’s President, Jalal Talabani, told the General Assembly today. “This is the basis for the path which we are moving on and continually implementing,” Mr. Talabani told the annual general debate.

Stressing that Iraq had succeeded in getting rid of sanctions and restriction imposed as a consequence of the invasion of Kuwait by the Saddam Hussein regime, Mr. Talabani encouraged the international community to seek investment opportunities in the country in the fields of oil, natural gas and infrastructure.

“The economic policy of Iraq is based on encouraging investments and providing the appropriate legislative environment to protect investors and their capital,’ said Mr. Talabani.

He said Iraqi security forces had proved that they are capable of providing security and combating terrorism when United States troops withdraw from the country at the end of the year.

Noting that Iraq’s foreign policy is based on the principle of good neighbourliness and respect of international obligations, Mr. Talabani urged Turkey and Iran to resort to diplomacy and dialogue to resolve their dispute with their Kurdish communities, and to refrain from bombing Iraqi territories in the Iraqi Kurdistan which he said was causing harm to innocent civilians.

Mr. Talabani said the Middle East should be a region free of weapons of mass destruction and urged Israel to join the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and put its nuclear facilities under the safeguards regime of the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=39727&Cr=iraq&Cr1=

• Upvote 4

Honestly I still dont see why Chapter 7 is of an relevance to an RV. Chapter 7 sanctions were placed on Iraq for Saddam and the kuwaiti issues this Does Not pertain to our investment. The only santion that wil be lifted is that when they do finally decide to RV their currency then theywill be removed for international purposes for trade. I just dont see why we have to see sancctions lifted that pertain to kuwait not our RV.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Honestly I still dont see why Chapter 7 is of an relevance to an RV. Chapter 7 sanctions were placed on Iraq for Saddam and the kuwaiti issues this Does Not pertain to our investment. The only santion that wil be lifted is that when they do finally decide to RV their currency then theywill be removed for international purposes for trade. I just dont see why we have to see sancctions lifted that pertain to kuwait not our RV.

I agree. I don't see the relevance ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the post DaveH.

Now Iraq can conduct business on all levels with any country who desires to trade with them, without being under those restrictive sanctions.

If all sanctions are truly lifted (referring to Article 7, a.k.a. Chapter 7), then we should all be happy.

I have to disagree with Adam's WMD hypothesis. Academically it makes total sense. How can Iraq protect itself, it's (hopefully) valuable currency, oil, resources, etc while still having it's hands tied behind its back.

Practically speaking though, it's not plausible. The Iraqi military is lucky if they can shoot a rifle, and they are to possess some of the deadliest weapons on earth? No way. Furthermore they'd need a delivery system. An air force capable of delivering these devices, missiles as delivery systems. I just dont see it realistic.

Iran will not invade overtly. There are still (and will continue to be) US forces in the country. Iran will continue to wage war in the way it has this past decade which is via proxy in the form of terrorist groups.

IMO opinion the last remaining Ch. 7 sanctions pertaining to WMD is a non-issue. I feel HCL is still more important; however I feel these are diversions and stall tactics. When Dr. Shabibi is ready he will pull the trigger regardless of the other distractions.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Kuwait FM urges UN to stimulate Iraq into fulfilling its (CH VII) commitments toward KuwaitPosted: September 24, 2011 by THE CURRENCY NEWSHOUND - Just Hopin in Iraq: Chapter VII, Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf, Iraq, kuwait, Muhammad Al-Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah, Sheikh, Sheikh Mohammad, United Nation, United Nations resolution

Iraq - Kuwait

Politics 9/24/2011

By Salwa Al-Jandoubi UNITED NATIONS, Sept 24 (KUNA) — Kuwait Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem Al-Sabah on Saturday urged the UN General Assembly (UNGA) presidency to help Iraq step up the fulfillment of remaining commitments towards Kuwait, particularly those stated in UN resolution 833 on borders.

Sheikh Mohammad raised the issue during a meeting Saturday with incumbent President of the UNGA Nasser Abdul-Aziz Al-Nasser, a Qatari national.

“We talked about all issues that are on the UN General Assembly and Security Council’s agendas particularly those related to Kuwait and the pending Iraqi commitments towards Kuwait,” Sheikh Mohammad told KUNA following the meeting.

“It seems that Iraq needs to be stimulated to fulfill these commitments and we hope the UN General Assembly presidency would help Iraq, through advice, to fulfill its commitments particularly those related to resolution 833 as soon as possible.” Borders between Kuwait and Iraq have been demarcated but Iraq is yet to carry out maintenance for the border signs.

With regard to the Gulf Cooperation Council’s (GCC) contributions to the UN deliberations and actions, Sheikh Mohammad said the GCC’s role in the UN has greatly broadened in the past years.

“It became clear now that GCC are leading the Arab group in the UN. GCC member states are now raising not only GCC-related but also all Arab issues, at the forefront of which the Palestinian cause,” he underlined.

“We have extensively mulled the proposed strategies to meet the great aspirations and to see positive outcome to the Palestinian statehood bid, particularly in light of the calls for the return to negotiations and the Israeli expansion of settlement activities and usurpation of Palestinian lands.

” Sheikh Mohammad described the Palestinian request for the UN membership as an historic move.

“We have an historic chance to seek voting on the request in the UN General Assembly and the result will be positive,” he asserted.

“It is a strategic Kuwaiti goal to see the establishment of a Palestinian state as soon as possible.” The Kuwaiti top diplomat unveiled that the “Arab Spring” has positively impacted the Arab participation in the UN.

“Frankly, the Arab political developments were supportive. In the past, there was always talk about differences between what Arab leaders and people’s demands, but now it became clear that they are the same when it comes to the Palestinian cause. All want to see the establishment of the Palestinian state and Palestinian getting their legitimate rights.”

http://bit.ly/nVSYQf

Easy rider, it is a shame you left school prematurely, go back to fourth grade and when you graduate from grammar school, come back and preach or give your opinion posting here.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 16

Easy rider, it is a shame you left school prematurely, go back to fourth grade and when you graduate from grammar school, come back and preach or give your opinion posting here.

Get off your high horse and contribute something of value, or an opinion on the Dinar, this isn't school, and you aren't the teacher.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I have to disagree with Adam's WMD hypothesis. Academically it makes total sense. How can Iraq protect itself, it's (hopefully) valuable currency, oil, resources, etc while still having it's hands tied behind its back.

Practically speaking though, it's not plausible. The Iraqi military is lucky if they can shoot a rifle, and they are to possess some of the deadliest weapons on earth? No way. Furthermore they'd need a delivery system. An air force capable of delivering these devices, missiles as delivery systems. I just dont see it realistic.

Iran will not invade overtly. There are still (and will continue to be) US forces in the country. Iran will continue to wage war in the way it has this past decade which is via proxy in the form of terrorist groups.

IMO opinion the last remaining Ch. 7 sanctions pertaining to WMD is a non-issue. I feel HCL is still more important; however I feel these are diversions and stall tactics. When Dr. Shabibi is ready he will pull the trigger regardless of the other distractions.

Bambino posted a Fox report a couple of weeks ago from Greta's show interviewing John McCain. One of the questions was what does happen when we leave Iraq? His response was we will leave Contractors in Iraq. Now my understanding they or many are ex military. So while it appears we are leaving we really are not. Just a thought.

WoMD is not released. Until it is they cant arm themselves with Weapons of Mass Distruction and so they wont be able to defend themselves from IRAN. This appears to be a big peg in the defense of Iraq.

Iran is the only big threat at the moment due to the jerk running their country. At least this is my understanding. If anyone has anything further to add please do so.

PEACE... go RV.

correct until released from CH7 they can not reequipt thier army with anything more than small arms and vehicles---they can not defend their borders from any direction---you can take it to the bank that they will never be allowed acess to nuclear, chemical or biological weapons for any reason ---should they want to go nuclear for power generation or medical reseach their will be enough countries crawling up their butt that it wil be easier to exit through their mouth!---just think for a moment they are looking to buy f-16s , tanks , support equipment from many different countries but have not taken delivery on anything --can't till chap 7 is lifted

Just my opinion

capt cliff

wow, some get it, most dont. without chap 7 full releaese they will be un able to defend themselves when we leave.

if they can not defend themselves, then what is the point of an rv if iran comes in and takes over? sorry i bothered to post this. maybe i should have posted rv in 2 hrs, so says okie.

• Upvote 1