Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US Tells Iran We Are In Iraq For A While

Carrello

"the gate of Iraq" BAGHDAD - The United States warned Iran of continuing to target its troops in Iraq by providing support to armed militias, saying it will not stand "idly by", also commended the efforts made ​​by the Government Baghdad, Iran has to stop such attacks, while stressing the need to know that the recent U.S. military will remain in the country for "some time".

The defense minister said Leon Panetta, before the Armed Services Committee in the Senate on Thursday, "We must understand Iran that we will be here (in Iraq) for some time, and we assure them (the Iranians) that we will not ignore what Iran is doing in Iraq."

For his part, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff U.S. Army, Admiral Mike Mullen, "We have warned the Iranians that the United States will not stand by and watch or idle, and its troops are being harmed by militias supported by Iran in Iraq," noting that "Tehran shipped weapons, including rocket-propelled grenades to militias Shiite operating in Iraq. "

Mullen explained, "although such attacks by groups linked to Iran have receded since the summer, the United States will not ignore it if repeated."

Panetta said, Mullen said that "The attacks stopped after a group of military and diplomatic efforts made ​​by Baghdad to Tehran," at the same time stressing that "the likelihood of such attacks is still there."

The U.S. military in Iraq announced on 19 September 2011, the death of a soldier in the non-combat accident north of the country, bringing the number of soldiers killed since the beginning of the invasion to 4475, stressing that the first incident of its kind since August 2011, which was considered Shahd only since 2003 that did not record any death of a soldier.

Mullen was like other U.S. officials accused Iran of supporting militias in Iraq and supplying weapons, and interference in the internal affairs of the country, as well as seeking to make Iraq weak and more dependent and loyalty to the vision of Persian.

He also warned the new president of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the armies of the United States Martin Dempsey during a hearing before the Senate, on 27 July, Iran's meddling in Iraq, while accusing it of supporting forces hostile to the American military presence in the country, as the commander of U.S. forces in the province of Babylon, in the July 21, that his country's forces have stepped up their flights reconnaissance air and land in areas surrounding its rules in the provinces of Babil, Diwaniyah and Wasit to protect the Iraqi citizens of Iranian-backed militias, saying it was Iraq's infrastructure at risk, as carried the leadership of U.S. forces in the south, on 27 June, extremist groups backed by Iran responsible for rocket attacks suffered by the Basra International Airport a few days ago, stressing that Tehran is providing direct support, training and weapons to militias in southern Iraq, and warned the spokesman for U.S. forces in Iraq Jeffrey Buchanan week earlier from the exploitation of Iran's militias in their favor in Iraq to carry out attacks after the withdrawal of U.S. military of the country, saying that the militias claim to attack the Americans, but the victims are Iraqi civilians.

The intense debate between the political blocs on the readiness of Iraqi security forces, and whether the situation in Iraq requires U.S. forces to stay, or at least part of it for the purposes of training and support, especially that of the remaining $ 50 thousand.

The U.S. Defence Secretary Leon Panetta announced on 19 August 2011, with Iraq's agreement to an extension to the survival of non-combat U.S. troops in Iraq beyond the end of the year 2011, while the Iraqi government responded by denying the remarks after a few hours.

The Iraqi political blocs agreed during a meeting hosted by President Jalal Talabani, on 2 August 2011, authorized the government talks to the survival of U.S. trainers until after the end of the year.

The security agreement signed between Baghdad and Washington on the end of November of 2008 states that it should withdraw all U.S. forces from all territory and waters and airspace of Iraq no later than December 31 of 2011 now, and had withdrawn U.S. combat forces under the Convention cities, villages and towns in Iraq June 30, 2009.

http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile.php

Both Iran backed Al Sadr & Iran promised renewed stepped up attacks on US forces if they don't leave imediately. Iran has now increased shipments in arms into Iraq. Roadside bombing are up as well as mosque bombings. Iran will have the final say so & will call all the shots.

Screw Iran.

• Upvote 2

IRAN wants to disrupt Democracy in the region. It is easier for them to maintain some sense of control of their own Nation if they make the efforts of IRAQ look out of control.

ALSO they want to have some kind of control OVER Iraq. There are too many resources there for them to just ignore and walk away from. The UN is involved though. This is what helps leverage all of this in the US favor.

Iran is in a bad place and if not for the help of RUSSIA and CHINA they would be in much more turmoil. I hope these two nations tighten the noose around the IRANIAN NECKS!

Peace all and let's pray for a better world.

Hey you seem like you are a fan of his.....maybe you should move there.....

I'm telling it the way it is. We can't afford any more new wars. Iran has started troubles in Syria, Lebanon, the West Bank, Somolia, the horn of Africa, Iraq & Afghanistan keeping US forces bogged down & slowly bleeding it. We are falling for their ploy to keep us bogged down for decades. Do yourself a favor & pick up a newspaper once a while & get updated on current affairs.

Screw the USA says Ahmadiejad. The USA is way over extended right now & can't afford another war, especially with Iran. Iran will exploit that weakness.

If drastic action must be taken with Iran, how about the rest of the world stand up. How about Canada and Mexico getting in the game? And Texas. They are a country, aren't they? We are not in a position to do anything but regroup and heal this country.

I thought the Saudis were to start, or have already started, lowering the cost of oil to squeeze Iran financially.

Screw Iran.

I wished it was that easy, Boss. Iran isn't going no where anytime soon. We got to deal with them.

If drastic action must be taken with Iran, how about the rest of the world stand up. How about Canada and Mexico getting in the game? And Texas. They are a country, aren't they? We are not in a position to do anything but regroup and heal this country.

I thought the Saudis were to start, or have already started, lowering the cost of oil to squeeze Iran financially.

Our allies are only our allies when they need something form us. When we need help, nobody is our ally.

If we go against Iran, we will go it alone.

Screw Iran.

Nuclear weapons or no nuclear weapons it's high time the US let Iran know, on no uncertain terms, to lay down or be layed down!

Screw the USA says Ahmadiejad. The USA is way over extended right now & can't afford another war, especially with Iran. Iran will exploit that weakness.

Things aren't always as they appear. Iran would be wise to realize this.

Reality is that Iran will have to be delt with. The hope of their citizens rising up and forcing a change has been squashed by their army. If or when we have to do this, IMO we won't go alone. The Brits, Aussie's and Jews will be there if we want them. I believe we will use the help of two of the three because of the need to keep the majority of the middle east countries somewhat calm. I can see the third country dropping a few of those "super bunker busters" on the nuke power sites at the beginning to keep them busy and as a warning. The middle east will yell and scream at them as they have for centuries. Then we tell Iran to stop or we will make glass. These are just my thoughts and I honestly believe something will need to be done. We can't let Iran train and supply insurgents to kill our troops and Iraqi citizens.

Stay grounded, calm and be happy

Go RV/RI B)

• Upvote 1

Trust me, the US can extend itself if need be, so Iran best watch it's step, or it will be next on rebuilding it's infrastructure. Beware Iran!

I have been worried about Iran for quite a while. The clergy there have no desire for peace in the region, and they sure don't want a thriving democracy right next door. They are insane, religious zealots who will do anything to keep a firm grip on their control of the Iranian people. The handwriting is on the wall; the time is coming, and probably quite soon, when we'll have to take them out. For that matter, Sadr will also have to be eliminated soon too. He is an unreasonable thorn in side of the new Iraqi democracy because he is just one more Iranian thug trying to gum things up.

Iran had better not push us. I don't recommend that. But then I didn't recommend that we leave Iran so fast either.

oops!! Meant: I didn't recommend that we leave Iraq so fast---